Start by marking “Love in the Shadows” as Want to Read:
Love in the Shadows

Love in the Shadows

** Only 99 for a limited time **

Can a feisty four-legged matchmaker help four best friends find the romance of their dreams?

Jenny is a woman on a mission – she’ll even resort to dognapping to make her point! But can she teach a reclusive, emotionally-wounded tycoon that love heals all things?
Published March 28th 2014 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Shadows

Start your review of Love in the Shadows
Kayla
Lately, I've been trying to read more of my smaller books that I've had for a while. It feels nice to be able to get so many books off of my TBR, which I'm always trying to lower to a manageable number (haha, like that's ever going to happen). I wanted to read a cute, light, fluffy contemporary that would be a quick book to read, so I decided to pick up Love in the Shadows. Unfortunately, I didn't really like the book.

Love in the Shadows just wasn't a book for me. I found it to be very cliche.
Irene
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed Love in the Shadows.

This is the fourth story from The Billionaire's Matchmaker: An Indulgence Anthology

The Billionaire's Matchmaker: An Indulgence Anthology

Jenny's and Nick's story was sweet and heartwarming. Seeing them come through the pain and insecurities from their past to finding comfort in each others arm left me feeling full of hope that they had found their soul mate :)

While I enjoyed all the couples I think Jenny and Nick's story was my fav.

Kimberly
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Hearts This is the fourth is the “series” of short stories, each story is only about 60 pages long. I am not sure if it is really a series since each book is from a different author but it does involve the same people and the same dog. This is the best of the series. I enjoyed the couple very much. Their feelings are palpable from the pages. The hurt and insecurity. The story is sweet and completes the series very well.

Each book from this series is
Angie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
+The trouble making Jack Russell terrier named St. Clair Charles Osgood is back one more time!
+Another doggie named Lulu! I have a Lulu.
+We finally get to meet the mysterious Mr. Bonaparte!
+Scarred hero thinks he's a monster but finds love!

-Too short!
Heather
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Jenny is scarred on the inside from one too many bad relationships. Nick is scarred on the outside by a horrendous accident that has left him hiding in the shadows. Jenny's pooch has been courted by Nick's slick terrier, and is now having puppies! Jenny seeks out the tycoon to wrangle up from vet bill money and ends up dog-napping his dog back to her home when she feels he isn't getting the attention he should from Nick. What ensue next are a few mix ups, awkward situations... and a whole lot of ...more
Becky
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, novella
Short and sweet--I really enjoyed this one. Both Jenny and Nick were scarred--literally and figuratively--and both needed the nudge provided by the four-legged "matchmaker" of the series. I especially liked that the heroine admitted at the end that it was too soon for a true HEA (it's only about 70 pages long), but that she has definite hope of one.

Two thumbs (or maybe paws are more appropriate?) up!

Now, time to go back and read the first three in the series... ;)

Rating: 4 stars / A-

I received
J
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Just a standard romance book, really nothing that stood out for me. She's a school teacher, he's a millionaire scarred by an accident. He thinks he's ugly but nobody else does. School teacher draws him out, etc., etc., etc.
Simone
Mar 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Mira Green
rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2015
Feb 16, 2016
Libraryangel
Jun 06, 2014

• Tied (All Torn Up, #2)
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love #1)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • To Have and Hate
  • Courting Rituals
  • Her Secret, His Child
  • SEAL Hard (Silver SEALs)
  • Build a Baehr (No Such Unit, #2)
  • Awakened by the Scarred Italian (Passion in Paradise #5)
  • Man Of Shadows
  • Lace & Satin
  • A Hero to Hold
  • Reining Her In
  • Come Work For Me
  • You First
  • Because He's Perfect
  • Fascination: (Billionaire Venture Capitalist #9): A Friends to Lovers Romance
  • Embattled Ever After (Lost and Found #5)
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the ...more