Start by marking “Gluten-Free Made Simple: Easy Everyday Meals That Everyone Can Enjoy” as Want to Read:
Gluten-Free Made Simple: Easy Everyday Meals That Everyone Can Enjoy

Gluten-Free Made Simple: Easy Everyday Meals That Everyone Can Enjoy

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Most families with a member with celiac disease struggle to get food on the table that the whole family can enjoy. This easy-to-use cookbook focuses on creating simple recipes that minimize stress from three experts in the field. Most of the dishes use ingredients that are easily found in supermarkets and don't require the exotic flours, expensive ingredients or complicate ...more
Published April 8th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published June 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free Made Simple

Sara
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic! I love how every recipe has pictures. I made a couple of recipes and they are so easy to make. I might buy this book if possible!
Mamers
The recipes in the book really are simple and they have very pretty pictures. Unfortunately, my food never looked anything like the picture and I'm pretty sure it didn't taste quite like the author's recipe either. I attribute this to the fact that the recipes that call for an all purpose flour require a different brand name flour. And I'm talking at least 6 brand names were dropped here. Not quite sure what the author was thinking here. I'm not going to buy 6 different all purpose flours at $5/ ...more
Jacquelyn
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This book recommends brand name flour blends without describing why they are appropriate or what they contain. This makes substituting difficult. So far I have made 2 recipes from this book (scones and pizza dough with a friend) and they both turned out far too wet or sticky. This is probably because we didn't use the recommended brand name. Not impressed.
Robyn Schultz
I love this cookbook! Already made the Homestyle waffles twice. Very yummy!

What I like best about this cookbook is it that it doesn't just tell you to use gluten free flour, it actually suggest a brand that worked well for the authors in each of the recipes. I'll probably be buying my own copy of this one.
AnnieM
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Figures, I finally get around to reading the backlog of cookbooks and now I'm gonna have to buy a bunch more.

This one is a good all around multipurpose cookbook. Breakfast, dinner, snacks, desserts and most if all the elusive Mac & Cheese. Yep I'm gonna have to have this one. It breaks it down so well it covers items that are vegetarian, egg free and low fat. It will become a keeper.
Cindy
Mar 16, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I was curious and looking for new recipes that I could adapt to my low-sodium diet. I didn't really find many of those; however, I have a friend who is on a gluten-free diet and recommended the book to her. She loved it!
Brenda Lower
Just like the title says: gluten free recipes made easy! I loved the wide range of recipes, plus the general tips and education about gluten-free living. Good resource for those starting a gluten free menu!
Barb
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The recipes are easy to follow, suggestions of brand name products and a great chart for substitutions!
I made the lemon chicken with peas, it was yummy~
Alison
I, like many other readers, don't love that they use a specific brand of flour but I used the all-purpose gluten free flour I had on hand it and it worked great in the banana bread.
Lisa
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great resource for info and recipes!
Amanda
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent recipes. When I am able to eat solid food again, I plan to try a few! Delicious looking pictures!
Monique
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Recipes seem simple but the specific brand names is rather distracting...what if I can't find them at my local market?
Dec 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Great first cookbook, as I embark on the gluten- and dairy-free path.
Laurie
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those with celiac disease
Recommended to Laurie by: browsing B&N online
Barbara Reiprich
Dec 31, 2015
Anna Even
Feb 11, 2014
CAROL FIELD DAHLSTROM was Executive Editor at Better Homes and Gardens books for many years. She is now president of her own company, Brave Ink Press. She became interested in developing gluten-free recipes when family members were diagnosed with Celiac disease.

ELIZABETH DAHLSTROM BURNLEY has a M.S. and B.S. in Nutritional Science. She is currently a faculty member at Iowa State University, teachi
More about Carol Field Dahlstrom...