Start by marking “Star Struck (Lights, Camera, #2)” as Want to Read:
Star Struck (Lights, Camera, #2)

Star Struck (Lights, Camera #2)

Onto every diva’s backside, a little wood must fall.

Lights, Camera, Book 2

Hollywood actress Heather Wainwright was looking forward to a long, relaxing break before starting her next shoot. Except her assistant volunteered her for L.A.’s annual 24 Hour Plays.

Nervous about doing a good job for such a worthy charity, Heather falls back on “diva” mode, a defense mechanism that
Published June 17th 2014 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Struck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Struck

Zairobe25
Jul 12, 2017 Zairobe25 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english
2,5* Entretenido, pero no conecte con los protagonistas y las situaciones.
Mara De Guzman
4.5 Princess and Tool Boy Stars!
ARC provided by the author for an honest review
Also posted on Mara's Bookshelf

From Fixed On You Trilogy and now the Lights, Camera series, Miss Laurelin Paige writes stories that you can somehow “relate” to and enjoy reading like you are one of the characters in her books.

Star Struck was an amusing, enjoyable read from the author. It’s the story of Heather and Seth and the hilariously sweet and romantic development of their attraction to each other.

Heather Wainri
Brittany
Aug 17, 2016 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-books
I didn't know if I would like this book as much as the first one....because from the first book Heather didn't seem like a character I could relate to or really like. Readers, I was wrong! I loved her and her character development especially at the end and I loved Seth and Lexie and how helpful they were!
The book ended and I was like "no....!" I wanted more!
So good! A well written story and great characters, I was "struck" by how good this book was! It made me so happy! And although I knew the p
Ashley K Book Lovers Obsession
Heather Wainwright is a Hollywood Diva to say the least. She has her own set of rules to abide by as an actress, all of which concern her and her image. These include who she will or will not date based on what his job is. Heather has worked hard to leave her old life behind, so she will stop at nothing to make sure she is successful both in and out of the public eye. This doesn't mean that she doesn't try to give back whenever possible, as she is always volunteering for the 24 hour plays charit ...more
Tracey
Jun 20, 2014 Tracey rated it it was amazing
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

What do you get when you put a snobby actress from the wrong side of the tracks and a super-hot alpha guy that's good with his hands together? Perfection, if you're reading 'Star Struck' by Laurelin Paige.

Heather Wainwright is the Hollywood 'IT' girl of the moment, in much demand, and at the top of her game. She is the actress that all ingenues want to be like, and all the leading men want to date. But Heather's life hasn't always been the dream that it is. She comes from a less-than-spectacula
Limecello
Jan 03, 2016 Limecello rated it liked it
>.> I'm ... not sure I remember how this book ends. :X
[Well, I mean the climax] - haaa. *ahem*

ANYWAY. For a second I got it mixed up with Nalini Singh's newest :X

Oh gosh - the classic misunderstanding and her and him being fooled by the outward appearance and you just want to SHAKE them and SMACK them and then hug them.
He's damaged because he's been burned before, she's terrified of her past ruining her life.
They're both bratty, but so good for each other.

Normally I hate the diva heroine
Kimberly
Aug 16, 2015 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Hot, steamy and quick read. Heather was a little irritating, but I really liked Seth a lot. The story was straight forward, not a lot of angst in this one, it was well paced and had good supporting characters. All in all a good book, I enjoyed it.
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*

I really like this series. They have that lovely feeling of romantic comedies that I love but with a bonus of steamy scenes!
I love the author and I can't wait for the next.
Sarah Tandy
Jul 20, 2017 Sarah Tandy rated it really liked it
I don't think Laurelin Paige could write a bad book if she tried. This is another light hearted Hollywood celebrity 'will they, won't they' romance. It was a fun and witty read. Just love when characters give each other nicknames based on first impressions.

We first met Heather in Sex Symbol and I wasn't sure I was going to like her diva type character. However, as this story progressed and we got to hear some of her back story, she was just a sad and lonely character with hang-ups. Trying to do
Jodi
Jul 12, 2017 Jodi rated it it was amazing
I admit I was a little nervous about reading this book. I loved Micah and Maddie from Lights, Camera # SO much that I was worried these characters could not compare. Plus, if you've read Sex Symbol, you have to admit, Heather came off as a homewrecking diva with an attitude problem and more than a few personality flaws.
The first few paragraphs of Star Struck did nothing to dissuade me from this view. But I know Laurelin, and I knew she wouldn't lead me astray. I'm glad I stuck with it.
Heather
Susan
Jul 20, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing
Laurelin Paige has a knack for bringing two people together who outwardly are, in no stretch of the imagination, compatible! Star Struck is one such case in point! Heather Wainwright, an A-List Hollywood actress with a reputation of being a diva and Seth Rafferty, a top-notch production designer are oil and water. Thinking that he is a set carpenter she would never have anything to do with the help; believing her to be a boorish snob he intends to steer clear of her. Even though their intentions ...more
Rachael
Jul 16, 2017 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Everytime I pick up a Laurelin book I know I am in for a great read and this one was nothing like I expected in terms of the book and yet everything I expect from her writing at the same time. If that even makes any sense. I fell in love with this book fairly quickly. It wasn't long before I was hooked. 💗

In Star Struck we follow a story set in the life's of a Hollywood actress and a Production Designer. Heather starts off the book as a snobby actress or apears so anyway at first. Her and Seth en
BookSmacked
Jul 20, 2017 BookSmacked rated it really liked it
I found Star Struck to be a very entertaining and engaging read. Heather and Seth were a couple that did not take an easy road to be together they had a lot of stumbling blocks most of which were of their own creation but the chemistry and the attraction between them was magnetic and one that couldn't be ignored.

Heather, I'll be honest at first I wanted to bitch slap her a few times. She was such a diva but after knowing her past and seeing how really closed off she was and scared really I endi
Lulu Dumonceaux
Jul 16, 2017 Lulu Dumonceaux rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I love the story behind this romance. I think so many of us can relate to what Heather was feeling as far as having something in our past that we are either ashamed, embarrassed, or maybe even traumatized from. And Seth's reaction was so realistic based on his own history, but he had managed to bring himself to a better place and saw that for Heather. This book is really about Heather's transformation and growth and when she can love herself so many things are possible even a ...more
Charmane Hackworth
Jul 17, 2017 Charmane Hackworth rated it really liked it
Star Struck is the second standalone in the Hollywood Heat series. Just like with book one I thought this book was funny, hot. Heather and Seth worked well together in this book. I really love Laurelin's books.

* I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Judy Funk
Dec 05, 2016 Judy Funk rated it it was amazing
Healing and moving on isn't always easy

This book is a good story about two people who both rose out of a rough past and learn to find the ability to heal within the bond they find with each other. They both realize that they have become a better person by knowing the other.
Shannon Godwin
Jul 16, 2017 Shannon Godwin rated it really liked it
This is a pretty good quick read. Not anything real catching but still a good read. Heather is irritating & is bitchy. I didn't really connect with her. I felt like Lexie was more Seth's type. The writing is great but I just didn't get into this one as much as I have Paige's other books.
Lindsay
Jul 13, 2017 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Seth was good for Heather in so many ways. They were good for each other. However, I'd say that Heather experienced the most growth. It is well written and such a sweet love story.
Phyllis
Jul 18, 2017 Phyllis rated it really liked it
A case of mistaken identity, and a stuck up actress, bring these characters together in an unlikely pairing. The ensuing story is sweet, funny and hot!! Loved it!
Angel
Jul 17, 2017 Angel rated it really liked it
Another great story by Laurelin.
Review to come.....
Casey
Jun 17, 2014 Casey rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Star Struck is the second book in Laurelin Paige's Lights, Camera series and centers around Heather Wainwright the actress. She is first introduced in Take Two, but these are standalone and you do not need to read that one first. Although it was a really good book and I would definitely recommend reading it as well. I really enjoyed Heather and Seth's story, and I thought that it was really well written.

Heather Wainwright is a Hollywood actres
Sara
Feb 26, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I thought this was a pretty good book. My only real complaint was that I thought the ending dragged a little, but I still enjoyed the story anyways.

When I started reading I only had a vague recollection of who Heather Wainwright is. She was introduced in the first book of the series, and I started to remember who she was again as I read on, but it really wouldn't have mattered if I never remembered.

Heather is a diva actress, but she is good enough at her job that it doesn't matter. She had a rou
Ela Is
Jun 21, 2014 Ela Is rated it it was amazing
4.5

Depois de ler TakeTwo, o primeiro livro dessa série, eu estava mega animada para ler a continuação. Imagine minha surpresa ao saber que a continuação seria a história da diva-bitch hollywoodiana Heather Wainwright. Pensei comigo mesma, ‘como isso vai funcionar?’. Pois bem, funcionou perfeitamente.

Heather Wainwright é uma atriz muito famosa e conhecida como a perfeita diva de Hollywood. Além disso, Heather é esnobe e superficial, porém, ela possui camadas muito mais profundas que as pessoas nã
Karen Lee
Jul 25, 2014 Karen Lee rated it it was amazing
Heather Wainwright is the hottest star in Hollywood. She has the looks, the body and the talent that have catapulted her to the top. Unfortunately, she also has the reputation of being a diva on and off the set. However, in her line of work, she always has to be “on”. You never know when a camera will snap a picture or record a conversation. That is why Heather looks forward every year to working with Urban Arts. Her and other actors, producers and directors give up a day of their busy schedules ...more
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.
Star Struck is the 2nd book of Laurelin Paige's Lights, Camera series. The book is a stand-alone though so you can read this without reading the first book.
Star Struck is a story about Heather, a Hollywood A-lister and Seth, a lowly 'carpenter' building production sets for stage and movies.
It was instant attraction between Heather and Seth. But it was immediately followed by dislike after Heather wrongfully assumed Seth to be just
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
The true definition of star struck is being “captivated” or “completely overawed” by someone’s celebrity status. But here’s the thing about Laurelin Paige’s Star Struck, book 2 in her Lights, Camera series, the hero, Seth Rafferty, is actually underwhelmed by Heather Wainwright, the movie star; in fact, he despises her and thinks she’s a bitch, but the Heather underneath the movie star mask is the one that intrigues him. She’s the one he can’t stop thinking about or aching for; she’s the one he ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 25, 2014 Red Cheeks Reads rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in the lights, camera series. It follows Hollywood actress Heather and Production Designer Seth. Heather is the a list celebrity who plays the diva role very well, she uses this as a barrier from interacting and getting close to other people, she also doesn’t like to interact with people that have jobs that are lower than hers. Seth having been burnt in the past doesn’t have time for people who think that they are better than others. So the attraction between Seth “the carpenter” ...more
Kim
Feb 16, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Heather was Micah's co-star in book 1 when we met her- Star Struck is set a few months later and Heather is single, just starting work on a new project.

She has a serious reputation as a diva that appears to be very well deserved. She is also a bitchy stuck up snob as she clearly demonstrates in her thoughts and actions time and again. As much as she recognizes that about herself and doesn't like it, she can't bring herself to change. She escaped a pretty awful home life at a young age and refuse
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
If you read Take Two, you will remember Heather Wainwright was Micah's co star who hit on him a few times, only to be turned down. Heather is known to be a bit of a diva in the industry with a constant scowl on her beautiful face. She has a wonderful assistant come best friend of sorts called Lexie who takes care of her every whim.

Heather is taking part in a charity event that she supports annually and is in a usual grumpy mood. It's been a while since she was with a man and she has an itch that
Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog
5 Stars Stuck On Rafferty <3

Star Struck is a sexy, fun, standalone spin off from Take Two.

We met Heather Wainwright briefly in Take Two, as Micah’s co-star. Being a wildly successful Hollywood actress has not solved all of Heather’s troubles. Having come from a not so happy home and growing up poor in a trailer park with two addict parents have left some very lasting impressions on Heather. Heather has learned to keep her heart safe; you need to put up walls. Push people away, keep them at a
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • Lucky Kiss (Hope Falls Book 12)
  • A Leap of Faith (Lexi, #2)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • What Matters Most (The Billionaire Bargains, #2)
  • Finder Fees (TroubleMaker, #4)
  • The Three-Week Arrangement (Chase Brothers, #3)
  • The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction, #2)
  • Extremely Famous (Famous, #3)
  • Dirty Little Rendezvous (The Burke Brothers, #5)
  • Calamity Jena
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Falling for Fitz (The English Brothers, #2; Blueberry Lane, #2)
  • Exposure
  • Exquisite Betrayal
  • Denying Heaven: Prologue (Room 103, #2.5)
  • Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)
  • The Perception (The Exception, #2)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling author Laurelin Paige is a sucker for a good romance and gets giddy anytime there’s kissing, much to the embarrassment of her three daughters. Her husband doesn’t seem to complain, however. When she isn’t reading or writing sexy stories, she’s probably singing, watching Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead, or dreaming of Michael Fassbender. She is represented ...more
More about Laurelin Paige...

Lights, Camera (2 books)
  • Take Two (Lights, Camera, #1)