Start by marking “Tea and Primroses (Legley Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tea and Primroses (Legley Bay, #2)

Tea and Primroses

(Legley Bay #2)

Nothing is as it seems in calm, quaint Legley Bay.

Famous novelist, Constance Mansfield lived a seemingly straightforward—if private—and somewhat predictable life. Friends, beloved daughter Sutton, a beautiful home, and all the success an author could wish for. A perfect life…but was it?

When a hit and run accident suddenly takes her mother’s life, Sutton finds hidden se
Published February 16th 2014 by Booktrope (first published February 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tea and Primroses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea and Primroses

Start your review of Tea and Primroses (Legley Bay, #2)
Julie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tea and Primroses by Tess Thompson is a 2014 Bookthrope publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Sutton returns from a trip looking forward to seeing her mother because she needed to talk to her about her engagement to Roger. But, instead she is informed her mother has been in an accident and died. Foul play is suspected. Sutton is so blindsided by the sudden death she can't think about Roger. Not only that , her old lover Declan has come home for the fun
Carolyn
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thompson-tess
This is my favorite Tess Thompson book. Without a doubt. Two love stories, from two different times, coming together to complete the circle back to where it was meant to be. It evokes such bittersweet emotion. It is about love and loss and survival and secrets. It explores that complex topic of mother/daughter relationships. Even with all that, it is heartwarming. And, Tess Thompson relates the intricate plot flawlessly and beautifully. You always know where you are in the different times in the ...more
Marlee
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
My New Favorite Author!!!

My New Favorite Author!!!

After reading Riversong, Riverstar, etc. I pre-ordered this one and an so pleased I did!! Love, love, loved it!!! Can't wait to read more from Tess Thompson.
Laila Nelke
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Tea and primroses, the second book of Legley Bay series, is the most bittersweet love story I have read in years and the greatest one! I enjoyed every minute spent in this book. It was a torture to put it down when I had to because this time I only had time for reading during my breaks at work, so I suggest you choose better time! Absolutely loved it!
Amazing story line where past and present are intertwined so beautifully and so emotional. Book in a book literally revealing secrets never kn
Ron Gallacher
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tess's books about love and friendship lift my spirits emotionally and this time was no different. I adored the book-within-a-book theme. Clearly, Tess has drawn heavily on her own experiences as a writer and put a lot of herself into her latest novel.

When I saw the "Tea and Primroses" email from Amazon at 9:11pm last night, I knew I would be in for a long night. Allowing for several obligatory tea breaks, it was 4:04 am this morning by the time I had finished reading the book.

I woke up late th
Ellen Anderson
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tea and Primroses

This is one of those books that you pick up and think, I guess I'll at least try it. Next thing you know you are so deep into the story that you even forget to stop and eat, and believe me, I love to eat. LOL I would definitely recommend this book to my friends.
Andrea
Recommended to Andrea by: Samantha Janning
Shelves: suspense
I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review

Tea and Primroses is a very emotional story about loss, second chances, and new beginnings. It is beautifully written, but at times, I found it to be a little too emotional. And although the mystery at the heart of the story was not much of a mystery, it was still a very good read.

When Sutton Mansfield looses her mother, she is completely lost. Luckily for her, her mother made arrangements for her childhood friend (and the love of her
Lis Carey
Shelves: mystery, fiction
Constance Mansfield, reclusive bestselling author, is killed suddenly, struck by a car while riding her bike from her home into the little Oregon town of Legley Bay. This is shock enough for her daughter Sutton, and their little circle of friends as close as family, but it's not the worst.

The worst is that it appears to have been no accident. Constance was run down intentionally, deliberate murder.

With this startling opening, the book proceeds to ex;lore relationships among Sutton's generation,
Gaele
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
A beautiful story concept is the highlight of this book, the second in the series. While the first was more an ensemble piece, this second book focuses on Sutton, newly returned from Paris and suddenly discovering that her mother has died.

Sutton is trying to pick up the pieces of what was a fairly well-planned return, instead she discovers secrets of love and heartache, both from Sutton’s perspective and from inserts into the past from her mother’s perspective.

While not as overloaded with info
Erin Maurer
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just a fair warning, before opening the front cover, keep the tissues handy. Tea and Primroses is both beautiful and heart wrenchingly emotional. Thompson has hit the nail on the head with this book. From page one, my heart went out to Sutton. She's strong and passionate, but not really aware of those qualities in herself. Grief smacks her in the face, making her needy, but not in the miserable, whiny-girl sort of way. Instead, it breaks her down, allowing her to discover her own inner strengths ...more
Nikki Barrett
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tea and Primroses starts off with an emotional punch almost immediately. The story delves into relationships, secrets, and hidden truths when Sutton learns of her mother's death. But, it's so much more than that. There are too many secrets hidden and things to learn. Sutton's struggles with the loss of her mother and then the things she learns takes the reader on an engaging, emotional journey that took me in the most unexpected places.

At times, there were so many characters at once, I was a li
Samantha March
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I work with BookTrope Publishing, publisher of Tea and Primroses

I have been a fan of Tess Thompson long before I became affiliated with BookTrope, and I think her books just keep getting better and better. From the River Valley Series to now the Legley Bay series, I look forward to Tess's books and eagerly read what she offers to her fans. Tea and Primroses features a timeline that has recently become a favorite of mine - switching between past and present. Not only do we get Sutton'
Angela
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win this book via the publisher, though I've never read anything of Tess's prior to this book. I realized there was a previous novel set with some of these characters after I rushed to Amazon to see if there was anything else by this author, but this was definitely stand alone. I don't feel I missed out on anything by not having read the first book. This is a dual love story--a tale of mother and daughter's romatnic relationships and friendships. It was poignant and heartwa ...more
Deanna
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is probably my fave so far :) I love how the multiple stories in this intertwine and the love and mysteries involved. If you've enjoyed her other books, you must definitely pick this one up too!!! ...more
Elaine
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book...lots of twists and turns in this book about lost loves and friendships. I'm looking forward to reading other books by this author. ...more
Mary Lou Hoffman
TEA AND PRIMROSES is the second book in the Legley Bay series. Each will stand on its own, but I strongly recommend reading both of stories that have been released thus far. I have enjoyed them.

A romantic suspense that spans a lifetime, Sutton’s lifetime, it is written in the present and in the last manuscript of her mother. I loved the way that they story switches from Sutton and Declan’s present to Constance and Peter’s past. I loved the emphasis that life is a circle and loss will be recovere
Jennifer Pierson
Tess Thompson is at it again with Tea and Primroses, as it's the second book in the Legley Bay series, but can be read as a standalone in my opinion, but I do encourage everyone to read Book 1 first anyway. This mystery surrounds Sutton, who returns from a trip to talk to her mother about her engagement, who she learns has died in an accident, but murder is suspected. She's so upset by all of this that she can't even think about her engagement to her boyfriend Roger, and it only gets more compli ...more
Teri
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this intriguing story from one of my go to authors. This time she weaves a tale that is so entwined with the past and deeds done. Her stories aren't a-z, not the mode of black and white. This one has secrets. Secrets and illusions which destroyed hearts, crushed futures and took lives. It's the past and the present and all the in-betweens. It's the deeds of the past and the impact on the present. They have a chance to not repeat the past. They have the chance right now to make a cha ...more
Maci Romero
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Literally wow! That is all i can say because no words can describe this book or the feeling you get while reading it! Just amazing!
Martha D. Bull
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I really enjoy a love story within a love story. And, yes, I especially love a HEA. It’s a fun, easy read. Enjoy!
Jane H. Ring
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess Thompson has done it again! Wonderful book. I laughed and cried! I would recommend reading the Sweet Valley series before this one!
Kathleen
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, just when I thought Author Tess Thompson couldn't top her River Valley Collection, she gives her readers a new series of endearing stories that will pull at the heartstrings!

In Tea And Primroses, the second book in The Legley Bay Collection, the reader follows an emotional and passionate intertwining story of family, friendship, love, loss, redemption, second chances, new beginnings, and life lessons with a subtle murder mystery added into the mix.

After spending two months studyi
Isi
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

Full review on my blog

The story begins with the death of Constance in an accident; she was a popular author who had a simple life in a house on the coast. Constance had lost her husband time ago and had an only daughter, Sutton, who is now devastated, not only for Constance’s death, but also because the police think it has been a murder.

Sutton has grown up with Declan, Constance’s housemaid and best friend’s son, and the friendship between each other turned to love when they become teenagers; e
Dawn
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tess Thompson is a new author to me and one I'll be seeking out again. This was the second book in a series and I did wonder if not having read the first one would pose a problem, but it didn't. Tea and Primroses sits well as a stand alone book.

Tess didn't seem to spend endless time re-capping - at least I don't think she did! We was straight into the story of Sutton, recently home from Paris to set up her dream shop in her home town and her mother, a reclusive author. Things start to unravel wh
Chris Torretta
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok… get ready for some fan girling! I just cannot help myself when I read Tess Thompson’s work, she’s just that freaking good!

Instantly, and I do mean page one, I found myself in love (yet again!) with the writing. Before I was even reading about the characters I knew that I would fall in love with this book. Her writing is so eloquent and extraordinary that I can’t help myself. This is also a quiet time book. I wanted coffee and absolutely NO freaking distractions. Nose glued to Kindle the enti
Ginny  Gallagher
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tess Thompson’s writing style evokes feelings of loss, hope, love and a special thankfulness for life and new beginnings. This is especially true in her newest book, Tea and Primroses.

Thirty year old, Sutton Mansfield has returned home from Paris. She is now ready to begin her new life and follow her dreams. But her plans are quickly derailed when she is notified that her mother has been killed in a hit and run accident. Sutton’s childhood friends return to offer their support and say goodbye to
Charlene
A solid 4 stars, perhaps more.

I received this book from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

I did not know this was the second book in a series, although having read it as a stand alone book, I do not feel that I missed too much, so credit to the author for this.

Other reviews have summarized the story, so I leave it for readers to look elsewhere if a summary is what you wish. I just like to have enough of the story to decide whether or not to read a book.

TEA AND PRIMROSES is a story se
Edythe Hamilton
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Does love really last forever? Sutton Mansfield will find out the answer soon enough. She is returning home to handle the estate of her mother Constance, a novelist, whom was killed in a hit-and-run accident. As of yet, there are no clues in the unfortunate tragedy.

Declan returns home from Italy to be by Sutton’s side. He is a childhood friend and ex-boyfriend. After Sutton turning down his proposal of marriage, Declan had left and traveled abroad.

Peter, police officer and longtime family friend
Julie

Oh my lord !!! You did it AGAIN

Tess you TOTALLY rock !!!   Tea and Primroses by Tess Thompson is a gorgeous story, the characters grab you from the start and don’t let go till the last page.

It’s two stories in one (so it’s a bargain already). And I have a feeling it’s the start of a few more in this series (fingers are crossed). Sutton and Declan are the main characters, but Sutton’s mom plays a big part in this book also, it’s her love story as well.

Sutton and Declan have known each other f
Andrea
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars

I love Tess Thompson's books. I devoured her River Valley Collection as it came out and was happy to see a new series. Although, I didn't realize that there was a book that came before this one. I will rectify that and read it soon! The nice thing about her books is that while they are in a series, you can potentially read each one as a stand-alone and not be lost.

This book is a love story within a love story. Sutton grew up with her best friend Declan. The two of them fell in love, b

• Her Scream in the Silence (Carly Moore #2)
  • A Walk Along the Beach
  • When the Bough Breaks (Rose Gardner Investigations #6)
  • Let it All Burn (From the Ashes, #1)
  • Hello, Summer
  • One Foot in the Grave (Carly Moore #3)
  • The Restaurant
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Feels Like Falling
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Finding Peace (Bluebird Bay)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
  • A Barefoot Tide
  • On Ocean Boulevard
  • Finding Tomorrow (Bluebird Bay #1)
Tess Thompson Romance...hometowns and heartstrings.

Tess Thompson is the USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author of contemporary and historical Romantic Women’s Fiction with nearly 40 published titles. When asked to describe her books, she could never figure out what to say that would perfectly sum them up until she landed on, Hometowns and Heartstrings.

She’s married to her prince, Best Husb

Legley Bay (2 books)
  • Caramel and Magnolias (Legley Bay, #1)

News & Interviews