Start by marking “In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)” as Want to Read:
In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)

In A Heartbeat

(Shameful Regret #1)

alternate cover edition of ASIN: B00GD0JGFG

For the past eight years I haven't been living, just ... Existing.

The pain, the guilt, and the shame I carry have been locked away deep inside me for so long that it's impenetrable, until him. Until Connor Reeves.

Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In A Heartbeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In A Heartbeat

Kim Person
I absolutely LOVE when a book that I couldn't wait to be released turns out to be freaking AMAZING! Yes, this freshman novel from Liz King is a homerun! She hit every emotion I love to feel when reading a book! This book seriously had me ......

The first in the series In A Heartbeat introduces us to Lynae, affectionally referred to as Nae-Nae by her friends, and the hot bad ass rocker Connor! Everyone knows I'm a serious rock star romance junkie but don't let this book fool you! This isn't your t
Justine Elvira
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 ★★★★★ Amazing Stars!

What a fantastic debut novel from Author Liz King. I was completely blown away. I knew a little about this book going in, but I had no idea where it was going to take me.

Lynae is a successful nurse living her life day by day, but not really living. She has a past that haunts her and cripples her from moving forward. Her friends convince her to go out with them to listen to the band Shameful Regret. This is where she meets Connor Reeves. <3

Connor is... just... to die for
Emma Chase
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liz King did a fantastic job with her debut novel, In a Heartbeat. It's an emotional, compelling, achingly real story. Connor is a deliciously hot hero - his patience and support of Lynae was endearing and rang so true. Lynae's history was handled with sensitivity. How she dealt with it and finally moved forward, with the help of her friends, Connor and her family, again, felt natural and real.

The final chapters broke my heart - hit me like a punch to the stomach - and gave a whole new meaning t
Lala_Loopsie [fire breathing B!tch Queen]
I just hated this book. Sorry, but true. All that lovey gooey stuff. Every one was like "Sweetness" or "hot stuff" It really got on my nerves. And every one was saying " Be careful for my baby girl, it doesn't matter that I'm smaller or whatever, I'll kick your ass and have your balls."

Yes, and she hated everything but also loved it. Yeah, well i only hated it.
Morgan Mitchell
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In A Heartbeat was such a FABULOUS read, full of angst, great characters and some shocking revelations – And a big OMG Cliffhanger! It has been a few weeks since I read it, and I am still digesting what happened!

From the beginning I was pulled into the story by the very real portrayal of what happened to Lynea (the prologue) and the aftereffects that were so genuinely depicted. I loved the MC Lynea, she seemed like a real person to me and absolutely loved that Connor was an unsigned rocker. Liz
Glenna Maynard
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In a Heartbeat is an amazing read. I felt every kiss and every tear. Connor Reeves hello dirty mouthy rocker! There wasn't a character in this book that I didn't love except Matt, you'll learn why when you read the book. You know I don't give any spoilers. This is one of those books that you can sit and read in one sitting because you can't put it down! This book pulled on all of my heartstrings and left me eagerly awaiting more from the guys of the band shameful regret.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Lynae (Nae-Nae by her closest friends) went through a heartbreaking horrific ordeal at the ripe age of fourteen, which is pretty much divulged from page 1..She doesn't tell a soul..She seems to think what happened to her was all her fault, that is not the case..

Then we're brought up to date (8 years have gone by) Lynae is now 23 and is a registered nurse, she doesn't date and shy's away from any sort of social life..For the past eight years I haven't been living, just...Existing..But just as lif
Lustful Literature
**JODIE’S REVIEW**

"Just as life can cause pain, it can also heal wounds in a heartbeat."

This was a debut novel by Liz King and it was a book full heart break and love. It was a book that completely drew me in and kept my attention but still left me with questions. Yes I warn there is a Cliffhanger that left me screaming freaking hell WHY!!!!!!!

“Meet Lynae Michaels, the sweetest thing in Charleston.”

Lynae was this super sweet young woman who you immediately feel for and you immediately bre
Books,Chocolate and Lipgloss
* I received this book in exchange for my honest review**

This is actually a 4.5 star review!!!!

WOW! BONUS that the fact the author is my friend- and her fantastic first novel In a Heartbeat- is very heartwarming.

Lets start off like most books the Prologue- OMG heart breaking.. What a piece of shit! I wanted to scoop poor Lynae up and just tell her it was going to be okay... How dare Matt take away her innocents- take away something she didn't have a choice in giving!- With her secret stored awa
Skjean67
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
After a tragic event in the early stages of her life we meet Lynae Michaels a registered nurse whose barely living til her co workers convinced her to go out with them to club metro. When the hot new band 'Shameful Regret' comes out on stage and Lynaes eyes are Immediately locked on the most mesmorizing green eyes that immediatly make her knees go weak.

Conner Reeves is the lead singer/ playboy of the Shameful Regret. Hes never seen with a girl more than twice. That is until he meets Lynae. one l
C
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC Provided

5 A-freakin-MAZING stars!!! Don't miss out on this great book when it releases Nov 1st -Detailed review to come after release date.
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
Didn't grip me as much as I thought it would. A bit too predictable and the 180 character u-turns didn't work for me. Will maybe read more of their story in the sequel.
Barbara Saad
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
I read this author's book for the first time and enjoy it.
Sweet young woman who lost her mother when she was child.
And there is something event ,that changes her live forever untill she meet hottie rockstar.
Loved all characters and epilogue shocked me.
Overall , well-written,interesting,drama,emotional,shocked me,made me angry.
Looking forward to reading Connors book.
Thank you Liz King!
Kym
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It's left me very emotional. I laughed, cried, swooned & at times were angry with both Connor & Lynae. Hot rockers are my favourite. The prologue did me in. This was a very intense read, but there are a few laughs with Lynae's best friends Michelle, Sly & Gabbi. Loved Connor's band mates to. Really need the next book soon. All in all an absolute fantastic read.......
Laurane
Feb 13, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
The writing was repetitive and boring.
The plot was cliche and has been played out a hundred times. The author did not do justice to the topic, nor did she give it a new spin or perspective.
The h had mood swings and didn't act consistently skittish or confident.
The H got really mad randomly and called the h 'sweetness.'

Insta love. Need I say more?
Cindy
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I was given an ARC from MDR in exchange for an honest review***

This is the first book in the Shameful Regret Series. Let me start off by telling you this book ROCKS!!! OMG... I was drawn in from page one. I just couldn’t stop reading it until I was finished.

This book really put me through the ringer. My emotions running high. I felt like I was on a roller coaster. My heart pounding wondering what was next, but I LOVED every freaking minute of it. I absolutely LOVE when a book pulls me in and
For the Love of Books
I first would like to preface this review by stating that the opening chapter of the book is written with an event of sexual assault , it is by no means written graphically crude or overly violent; however, for some, reading about these events can be an emotional trigger, especially when caught unaware, hence my caution.

Ok, now that we’ve dealt with the serious matters…on with the review. “In a Heartbeat” is the debut novel and the first book in the Shameful Regret Series by Liz King. Alright, I
Carolina
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bueno, primero que nada, muchas felicitaciones a mi amiga/autora Liz King por la publicación de su primer libro.
In A heartbeat es un libro increíble, todo tipo de emociones fluyen através del libro..pasión, enojo, tristeza, esperanza, frustración.
Sus personajes: Lynae (apodada Nae, Nae por sus amigos) Es una muchacha que a sus 14 años sufrió una violación por parte de su novio en aquel momento, Matt. El horrible hecho le cambio su vida . Durante los próximos 8 años después de la violación, Lyna
Sandie Book Boyfriend Reviews
I am reeling, I am mad, I am sad, I am happy, I cried even at one point. This book had me all over the place. Liz King's debut novel had me pondering and squealing.

We begin the book with a 14yr old Lynae who gets raped by her date. She becomes withdrawn and feels as though it was her fault. Which leads us up to now, a nurse that doesn't really go out much. Has a best friend named Sly, he would do anything for her. She also has her 2 girlfriends Gabbi and Michelle. Nae as they call her isn't ver
Three Chicks
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynae went through a heartbreaking horrific ordeal at the ripe age of fourteen. She was raped by her boyfriend and she does not tell anyone. Those around her can tell something is off with her after the incident. She thinks what happened is her fault and no one will believe her giving the guy who did this is popular. She is a very strong character, all things considered.

After the prologue we catch up to present day, eight years later. Lynae is 23 and is a nurse. She doesn't date and has no soc
Angela Deforge
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For the past eight years I haven't been living, just ... Existing.

With a sexy smile and seductive eyes, the bad boy rocker walked right into my life without warning, and now the walls I built that hid all of my grief for so long are now crumbling at my feet.

Now I am left wondering if it's possible that just as life can cause pain, it can also heal
Allison
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 4 star review of In a Heartbeat
Lynae went through a heartbreaking horrific ordeal at the ripe age of fourteen. She was rape by her boyfriend and she does not tell anyone. Those around her can tell something off with her after this. She thinks that what happened is her fault and no one will believe her giving the guys popular reputation. She is also a very strong character, even after her ordeal.
Angela Cruz
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a new adult contemporary romance. Book one in the Shameful Regret series, you most definitely have to read the second book. This is a fast paced book that touches your heart. You will feel every emotion with this book, from tears to happiness. I really felt Lynae's pain and then the security she felt with Sly, her best friend and then the love she developed for Connor. I also felt so much anger for Connor, even with his problems I still wanted to rip his head off. This is a great read th ...more
Ilakkiya
In A Heartbeat by Liz King was a disappointing read. The plot is clichéd and has been done so many times. Lynae Michaels was raped by her boyfriend when she was 14 (I don’t think it’s called spoiling when I talk about the prologue). She never told anyone and carried the guilt with her and never tried dating after that incident.

She meets Connor Reeves who is the lead singer of Shameful Regret in a club. It’s insta-love for both of them and it doesn't convince me a bit. I find Connor too pushy an
Jodie Squelch
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This debut novel which will have hooked from the first line……
Lynae is a strong, independent woman who is harbouring a dark painful secret ………she is surrounded by family and friends who all love her yet no one knows her secret.
She focuses on her job as a nurse and shies away from social outings…….she isn’t living just existing but this is all about to change………
One Friday night, Lynae gives in to her friends and agrees to go out to see the up and coming band Shameful Regrets……
Conner is Shameful Re
Rumpled Sheets Blog
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Ohh Yeah. Attention girls. Your gonna be addicted. Your gonna swoon. Your fall in love. We have a new band in the building. Shameful Regret.

The bend consist of a 4 sex on a stick band members.

Connor Reeves, the lead singer of the band. (DAMN!!! I love him!)

Wade, bassist of the band. (A really cocky one.)

Seth, drummer of the band. (The swoon one.)

Marcus, lead guitarist of the band. (The shy one.)

This is the story of nurse Lynae Michaels who had a really painful experience 8 years ago that left he
United Indie Book Blog
Review by Bethany

4-stars

This a sweet, sad and sexy story about a girl who carries an awful secret around with her and the guy who walks into her with his own painful past.

Lynae and Connor were a sweet and fiery couple from the beginning. I loved that he was the classic bad boy rocker with piercings and tattoos but that he also had a very sweet side and was so protective of Lynae.

Lynae was a sweet young woman who I felt for immediately after reading what happened to her. The fact that she kept he
Angela Goodrich
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-reviewers
I'm a bit torn as to how I feel about this book. It is definitely a good read as it is well written with likeable characters. Rather than the usual rock star romance, Ms. King has written a book in which one of the main characters, Connor, is in a rock band without making the book all about the rock and roll lifestyle. The story is more about Connor helping Lynae overcome something that happened eight years earlier - an incident which caused her to shut most people out. The fact that Connor is n ...more
Bethany
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Lynae was a sweet young woman who I felt for immediately after reading what
Books&Dreams
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

This is Lynae and Connor's story.
I gave this book 5 stars.
This is book one in the Shameful Regret series.

Lynae has been hurt and left to put the pieces back together all on her own. A terrible thing happens to her when she is just 14 years old. She blames herself, and is shameful and thinks if she tells anyone that they will tell her what she already knows, it was her fault. 8 years later she is living her life the best way she knows how, she has best friends and a great job, but she hasn't

• To Win Her Trust
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Trapped (Caged, #2)
  • Falling In Love With Her Husband
  • Nick and Lilac
  • Three of Spades (Hamden, #2)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • Seven Day Fiancé (Love and Games, #2)
  • Wicked Things (Chaos & Ruin #3)
  • The Road to Forgiveness (Price, #2)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Rock My Heart (Scarlet Fever, #1)
  • Blind Attraction
Liz King is a wife and nurse. In A Heartbeat was her debut novel. She lives in South Carolina with her family. Reading is a passion of hers, and writing is always something she wanted to do. Liz is addicted to gummy bears and coffee, even though her family and friends don’t think she needs caffeine to add to her already energetic personality. She’s obsessed with the 1980’s and loves to sing even t ...more

Shameful Regret (3 books)
  • Make My Heart Beat (Shameful Regret, #2)
  • Two Hearts Beating (Shameful Regret, #3)