Start by marking “On the Record (Record, #2)” as Want to Read:
On the Record (Record, #2)

On the Record

(Record #2)

For political reporter Liz Dougherty, election day—a day of looking toward the future and saying goodbye to the past—seems like a fitting time to start a new relationship. But feelings for her former flame still linger...

The sexy second book in bestselling author K.A. Linde’s Record series decides whether it’s better to pick up the pieces and move on...or to pick up right
Published August 26th 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about On the Record, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Record

Candace
After finishing 'Off the Record', I immediately started 'On the Record'. I had to know how things between Brady and Liz would turn out and I refused to believe that they would remain apart for long. Surprisingly, this book didn't play out the way I expected. It was great, but not what I expected.

If I had to describe my feelings about this book in one word, it would be "conflicted". On one hand, I was glad to see Liz grow a spine and demand more for herself than to be somebody's dirty little secr
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo LindeRecord2TitebySueBee_zpsae62948d.jpg
 photo OTR2 cover xBT by sb_zpsyfszhcxg.gif
 photo otr2 story xB by sb_zpsnnjijgi4.gif
★★★★! On The Record, book 2 of 3. Can Brady & Liz find their way back?

“I’m lost. I forget everything I should do, and I just know what I want to do.”

Books in The Record Series should be read in order:
Book 1: Off The Record
Book 2: On The Record
Book 3: For The Record

In Off The Record (book 1) Morehead scholar, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Journalism student and school paper reporter Liz Dougherty , embarks on a clandestine affair with State Senator Brady Maxwell III whom s
Christy
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo 4383823d-1b2d-434b-9340-d444d8839675_zps74489446.jpg

When I read Off the Record I fell in love with Brady Maxwell, the sexy Senator. I loved the forbidden romance aspect, I loved the angst, and Kyla’s writing is top notch as always. On the Record was different than the first. There was even more angst, conflict and drama, but I loved every second. I still stand by the fact that Brady Maxwell is my favorite of her men, and this is my favorite series.

We left Liz and Brady after Brady won his big race. The question we’ve all been dying to
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs

"What happened to us?"

photo image_zps9b300b89.jpeg

K.A. Linde certainly lived up to her queen of angst title. This book should come with a defibrillator or at the least a toll free hot line to vent to something like 1-800-OH-NO-SHE-DIDN'T. The story was well written and paced in such a way that I was salivating every time Brady Maxwell graced the pages. He sure is sex in a suit! He's got my vote for any office he chooses.

This story picks up a few months after Liz walked out on Brady in that crushing end scene. A reader w
Beverly
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Vote for Brady Stars

On the Record begins two months later in November, and the election results are being delivered. Liz and Brady are no longer together, and she hasn’t heard from him since she walked out of the Primary. Liz is heartbroken and having a hard time moving on, but Hayden is persistent. Eventually he wears her down and they begin a relationship.

Liz knows she has to move on with her life. She knows that she will always be a liability for Brady, and she loves him too much to stand i
-y.a
Aug 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
1.5-star
Dislike:
Liz:
Liz is the worst heroine in NA books I have read by far. I don’t need any character in book to be likable or perfect. The heroines like Georgina in Succubus series, Maise in Unteachable… these characters are flawed, and they make mistakes throughout the story. But there is something authentic and endearing about their personality and traits that get me on their teams. Liz is described by every character in the book as being intelligent, lovable, beautiful and funny. I see non
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4.5 Stars!

Gotta say I really enjoyed book 2. It was realistic and painful to read at times and that ending was tough but I loved it! Now on to book 3:)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This book picks up after Liz left Brady two and a half months ago...two and a half "agonizing" months. Both Liz and Brady try to move on with their lives...far away from each other.

Wow...You know sometimes, just sometimes, you have to remind yourself of the type of books authors write. I mean I've read ~ and loved ~ KAL's Avoiding series but I just wasn't prepared for her to go there with this series. The first book just had a different feel and threw me but when I started reading this one...I
Michelle
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
5 you're my airplane Stars!

Screenshot_23

Liz wanted Brady to choose her, but wanting it was only what she was willing to allow herself. Walking away from him was the only way she could not force him to pick between her and the campaign. She couldn’t allow him to risk losing the election, not knowing how much he wanted it. So she left. She tried to move on. But her heart, that heart, well it remained in place, not quite ready to let go.

Screenshot_5

As Liz returns to school she is faced with the pressure of the paper, h
Yomi M.
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: out-aug-2014
Rating Clarification: 3.5 stars

In the book Brady asks, "What happened to us?"

What I want to know is, What happened between the first book and this one? What happened to the old Liz?

I was so disappointed with this book. I was so excited to read it and it just wasn't what I thought it would be. One of the problems I had with this book was Liz. Yes, Liz, the main character. She makes so many stupid mistakes in this book which is crazy because she was a Morehead Scholar. I mean I know she's human an
Kristin
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
We pick up a few months where Off The Record ended. Liz has left Brady and moved onto Hayden Lane, her long-time editor and all-American good guy.

KA Linde is a great writer and I want I want so badly to enjoy her books, but I rarely do. This series has been the most frustrating of her’s so far and I think I’m finally giving up.

The first 75% is straight filler; nothing of significance happens and it is a directionless mess. Pages and pages of Liz New Mooning-over a man who said he didn’t want her
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5~stars

Sometimes I confuse myself….and it's confusing!

Sometimes. I. Just. Don't. Know.

But here is what I do know.

I really enjoyed Off the Record (Record, #1). It gave me a taste of something I didn't even know I craved. It was original. It was well written. It was love discovered on the foundation of lust. It was growth. It was evolution. It was sacrifice. It was….Brady.

It just was.

On the Record was good. It was tantalizingly frustrating. It left me in anticipation for the next installment, b
S.M. West
4 "your my airplane" STARS

I'm loving this series and am a HUGE Brady junkie. So this was a bit of a let down because Brady was not in much of the first half. Ms. Linde sure knows how to tease a gal as it left me all anxious and angst-ridden but also glued to my book. With every page turn, I prayed there'd be a Brady sighting...

and all the fuckin' obstacles would get out of the way (Asshole Hayden and Ms. Uppity). Needless to say, this was a great read and the perfect evolution for this couple.

Anna
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brady !! That's what I'm talking about. Binge reading this series ❤❤ ...more
Katie (GTBC)
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You are gonna need wine to get through this one. KA Linde upped her angst factor to "astronomical" with this one. I read it 2 weeks ago and my eye is still twitching. #Youhavebeenwarned

On the Record. This book! Okay my review is going to be short and sweet simply because OtR was a great, angsty, emotional read and I don’t want to give away too much of the story because I want every single reader to go through everything I did and to experience it without any preconceptions…

***Spoiler Alert. If
Duchess Nicole
No one is more surprised than I am at how much I'm loving this angst-ridden trilogy. Love triangles are kind of ma thang, which is what initially drew me to the first book. Cheating, however, is NOT ma thang. Liz has a tough decision between Brady and Hayden, but let's face it...we all know what the outcome will be, right?!?!?! Right?!?!?!

One hell of a shocker toward the end of this book had me both fuming and my eyeballs practically spazzing, I was trying to read so fast. I read this in one da
Margie
It's no secret how much I adore this series. I think Brady Maxwell is one of the most real and sexy characters written today. And who wouldn't want to be Liz? She's got confidence, she's gorgeous and has a hot politician in love with her. But that just covers a tiny part of this book. This is the second book in this series and has an overload of angst, very little Brady in it, yet you felt his presence with Liz every step of the way. In this one, a little time has gone by since (spoiler alert: d ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
4 stars!! As you can see, what started as reading an old book off my kindle turned into reading a whole trilogy in one and half days!! Why had I not read this series earlier? 1click fingers get trigger happy and many great books are lost in a list until one day you just flick the pages and click on them.

Brady Maxwell has kept me entertained for so many hours and has caused me to lose practically two nights sleep, reading until the kindle hit me in the face twice...but I reached the end at 3am on
Fran
So, this actually happened. I finally decided to read this, and what do you know, I really loved it!!! I mean, after the first book, I was pretty adamant about not continuing with the series because of the angst. But no, I honestly didn't mind/notice the angst! I didn't even care that Liz was so... not very decisive.

Maybe it was because I haven't read anything in quite some time so I wasn't being particularly picky. But what I do know for sure is that I can't wait to have more of Brady Maxwell!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Update 9/10/14 I read these books too fast and too close together to write a review. I think I'll save a review for the last one.
------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, seriously now. Need to get my grad work done, will review both these books after that :)
Jacqueline's Reads

Cheating

Love triangles

ANGST

CRAZY CRAZY tension

I usually need someone to hold my hand to prevent myself from pulling all of my hair out. Just FYI, I did have a support group to help me with this read. It.was.just.that.intense.

Recap

Liz left Brady because she wanted Brady to pursue his political career. Crazy huh? On the Record picks up where Off the Record left off.

Liz

So Liz is crazy em
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
description
~~3.5 HEARTS~~

This book irritated me a bit. Liz’s waffling back and forth with the way she felt for Brady & Hayden just rubbed me the wrong way. She’s now in a relationship with Hayden and he’s everything a girl could want. She had someone right in front of her that was proud to be with her but she just couldn’t get over Brady. She kept on putting off telling Hayden the truth about her relationship with Brady. She kept on comparing Brady & Hayden which I didn’t like. She was living in th
Elo Contreras
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Argh, what a waste of my time. I don't meant to be so rude, but why writing so much about Hayden and Liz? That was just... boring. I waited so much to read about BRADY AND LIZ, not Hayden and Liz. I should have just read the last chapters and not waste my time reading almost all the book. Thanks God that the third book is almost out and that Brady is back on track :D I loved Brady in those last chapters, he is so fucking perfect.
Ashleigh
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 I love Brady stars!! enjoyed this book however I didn't like Brady was absent a lot of the book except in lizzie every dam thought! but the last 40 percent was great as most of k.a. linde's books at the ending full of drama! looking forward to the next book!
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
This was probably my least favorite book in this series! It made me have mixed feelings, I wasn't convinced on the heroine's actions or thoughts. I truly hope the last part of the series will redeem for this one.
Zairobe25
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
OMG i love it!!!
Mucho mucho angst en este libro, los protagonistas esta separados la mayor parte del libro y aun así no pude soltarlo, no pude parar de leer. Lo que no me gusto para nada y fue muy over the top fue la manera como la autora resolvió el conflicto para que volvieran a estar juntos, me pareció que la esencia de la personalidad de Liz cambio un poco, sin contar con lo injusto que me parece lo que hicieron con el personaje de Hayden.
Daisy
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gasp......yes!

The first 26% of the book to be completely honest was a snooze fest. Hayden and Liz relationship could sedate a hyper active child into a comma. That's how boring their relationship was to me. Then finally Brady makes an appearance and this gets rocking. It's angsty to the 9th degree. But wouldn't have any other way. Looking forward to the final chapter of Brady and Liz life.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Completely on the record, this second book in this series BLEW. ME. AWAY! It was just so... so... everything. Now I'll admit, the first book, Off the Record, left me a little bit unsatisfied. I felt like it was missing something, I wasn't as emotionally invested in the story line initially as I wanted to be. Well, this book, On the Record, was a game changer.

I really loved Brady Maxwell in the first book. He was, honestly, what kept me engaged in a book that otherwise left me disconnected. So c
Jennifer Lane
Brady on the Brain

Thank you to Teresa for recommending this political romance series!

A whole lotta angst in this one. Liz is a journalism student at UNC who fell hard for state senator Brady in Off the Record. (I swooned for the Republican hottie as well.) They had to keep their relationship secret, which increased the hotness factor. At the cusp of Brady's election to the US Congress, Liz fled, doing what she thought was best for his interests.

But she misses him.

She thinks about him, even when
Jen
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yeah I know why she was with Hayden, but I just wasn't feeling him. There was no spark or chemistry. Brady on the other hand, there's chemistry between he and Liz with just a look. Love him!

Can't wait to see how this ends...
Fifty Shades of R...: AUGUST 2014 BOTM ~ On the Record by K.A. Linde 27 102 Aug 30, 2014 08:55AM
  • Come Alive (The Cityscape, #2)
  • Entangled (Fullerton Family Saga, #2)
  • Mitigation (Legal Affairs, #1.4)
  • Undeniably You
  • Fall to You (Here and Now, #2)
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • Loving You Always (The Bennetts #2)
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • Sex Love Repeat
  • Baby Love (Baby, #2)
  • Remember When 2: The Sequel (Remember Trilogy, #2)
  • Reasonable Doubt: Volume 2 (Reasonable Doubt, #2)
  • Love Me  (The Keatyn Chronicles, #4)
  • Combust (The Wellingtons, #1)
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Record (5 books)
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • For the Record (Record, #3)
  • Struck from the Record (Record, #4)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
“But what?” she snapped. “You lost your balls and had to go looking for them all weekend?” 7 likes
“Liz wasn’t sure why, but as the door slammed behind her, her thoughts strayed to Brady. He would have never belittled her career like that. In fact, he had always been interested in where her life was headed.” 4 likes