Start by marking “Murder in Suburbia: Disturbing Stories from Australia's Dark Heart” as Want to Read:
Murder in Suburbia: Disturbing Stories from Australia's Dark Heart

Murder in Suburbia: Disturbing Stories from Australia's Dark Heart

Murder in Suburbia features the stories of more than 20 murder cases that have happened in the quiet streets of Australia’s suburbs and small towns.
These stories show that the most brutal and harrowing events can happen in any street or neighbourhood.

Featuring contemporary cases as well as some shocking historical murders, Murder in Suburbia proves you should never say
Published January 1st 2014 by The Five Mile Press

Start your review of Murder in Suburbia: Disturbing Stories from Australia's Dark Heart
Vicki Tyley
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“The suburbs are where we live.”Murder in Suburbia: Disturbing Stories from Australia's Dark Heart

Murder in Suburbia makes a refreshing change to most crime collections I’ve read that simply rehash the same high-profile cases. The focus of this collection is on those murders much closer to home, those in our own backyard.

Having lived in Melbourne, many of these shocking and senseless murders were too close for comfort. They certainly drove home how wrong the it-can’t-happen-to-me mindset can
Margaret
A look at murder's in Australian city suburbs - some solved, some not.

An interesting, and in many ways, horrifying book.

Highly recommended.
Suzanne Flohr
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book , I loved this book, heard about cases I had never known about. Please keep writing Emily
Sara
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a great collection of true crime stories, the author had a good way of telling them and drawing you in, I hope that she releases another book soon :)
Monica
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, non-fiction
This was a grim look at a number of crimes that have occurred in the suburbs of Australia over many years, most of the perpretrators seemed like ordinary everyday people until they committed their crimes which their victims never saw coming.

While it's disturbing to think of these crimes, it's interesting to read how police piece the clues together to catch the doer and bring them to court, if not justice.

However, the author also covered a number of cases that remain unsolved and it's hard to ima
Fabe
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping. Couldn’t put it down. Can’t wait to read Webb’s other books.
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-onwards
Very interesting book.
Jason
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the premise and all of the stories, though it was how some were presented that I personally didn't want. Each story is like a short story, which I loved, but in quite a few of them you are told the perpetrator with in the first couple paragraphs in the chapter. I was hoping for the chapters to be more focused on the criminal investigation, some where, but for me personally it took me out of the story once I found out who did it.
Faye
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! If you like true crime you have to read this book. It is also good because it is more a summary of the cases it is not long and drawn out. I also liked it because some of the cases I remembered or knew the area. Also a bit scary but not too gruesome.
Nikki Cashion
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally enjoyed this book . Wow some crimes / murders really made you think . A lot of them I'd never heard about .
Kerry
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent true crime book and well written. Once started I couldn't put it down.
Vanessa
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
A must read. Highly recommen this to anyone interested in true crime, or even anything local. Written well
Lisa Nania
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting look at past Australian murders both solved and unsolved
Charles Reimler
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collection Of Middle Class Murder Trending On More Bizarre In Scope! 4-Stars Readable Style Of Writing!
Christy
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gave me the chills, but I also couldn't put it down!

Don't read it if you're a scaredy-cat or easily spooked! You may not be able to sleep soundly afterwards.
Shae
Mar 26, 2017
Theresa Macdonald
Sep 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Trauma Cleaner: One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster
  • Unsolved Australia
  • Gorgeous Girl
  • The Good Cop
  • 82년생 김지영
  • The Prettiest Horse in the Glue Factory
  • See What You Made Me Do: Power, Control and Domestic Violence
  • Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How it Changed the World
  • Murder, Misadventure and Miserable Ends: Tales from a Colonial Coroner's Court
  • The Tainted Trial of Farah Jama
  • Missing You: Australia's Most Mysterious Unsolved Missing Persons Cases
  • The Sleep of Reason: James Bulger Case
  • NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity
  • Never to Be Released
Emily Webb is a Melbourne-based journalist, formerly for Leader Community Newspapers, now working in communications, whose first true crime book MURDER IN SUBURBIA was released in January 2014.

Emily is Aussie-born and spent several years living in London where she tripped about, did lots of different jobs (including transcribing undercover police tapes at The city of London Police), married a Wels