Start by marking “The Fault in Our Stars: by John Green -- Sidekick” as Want to Read:
The Fault in Our Stars: by John Green -- Sidekick

The Fault in Our Stars: by John Green -- Sidekick

THIS IS NOT THE NOVEL BY JOHN GREEN.

Award winning YA author John Green presents a new twist to a classic tale of star-crossed lovers and tragic fate in his fourth novel, The Fault in Our Stars. Meet Hazel, 16 years of age and dealing with thyroid cancer, and Augustus, a 17-year-old amputee and former basketball player in remission. After meeting at a support group for chil
Kindle Edition
Published February 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Fault in Our Stars, please sign up.
elizabeth cross It is about two teenagers that have cancer and who fall in love. It is a perfect read for teenage and young adults

Start your review of The Fault in Our Stars: by John Green -- Sidekick
Noelia
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Fault in Our Stars is such a great romance novel that is actually really sad, but those are the best types of books. When I read this book, it had a major plot twist that I was not expecting, but it made the book a lot better than I thought it would be. I would recommend it, even though a lot of people have read it before. I chose to read this because I saw it at the store and I knew that I needed to read it because everyone else was. So, this book is about this girl named Hazel Grace Lancas ...more
Rachel
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Linda
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yes, it's considered a YA novel, but this writer expects nothing less from his readers than any writer should. Like Hazel in this book, I awarded four stars to it because I'm still waiting to read that five star book. This isn't it, but it's close. ...more
Muntasir Wahed
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have the capability of rating such an amazing book! It made me cry, it made me smile at the same time! It introduced me to a new meaning of life, to live for the people who cares, to not overthink about being a virtuous person! Made me realize the simple thing that, making the people who cares happy, doing something small for them is enough to make my life worth living.

I am not a big fan of this genre. But this book introduced me to a whole new world! I have always thought about
Manik
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Elizabeth
It was a great book, really touching.
Ana Salmeron
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book. It was hard to get into at first but then became more interesting
Katie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book, such a page turner and characters are absolutely fantastic !!! Definitely recommend !!!
Mary
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Way too long and wordy for me.
Cara
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Fault in our Stars is about how teens with different forms of cancer meet at a youth group meeting, and basically fall in love. In the book she says, “After a while the boy smiled and his blue eyes glanced away” saying how she admired some of his traits by at least noticing them. Their relationship has a lot of ups and downs, but it just makes them stronger throughout the book. The book is very interesting, worthwhile, yet different. In the book, Hazel has lung cancer and she is forced to ca ...more
Sam Hutcherson
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Book
Everyone likes good books that keep you on the edge of your seat, don't they? The book that I read was The Fault in our Stars. The author is John Green. The theme of this book is to never give up on something you really want. In the book Gus did not give up on Hazel.
Sometimes Hazel, the main character, is at her house, at support group, or at Gus's house. Gus is the secondary character. Hazel tells the story and the mood is different every chapter. Sometimes it is sad and some
Dj Giffney
The book the "The Fault In Our Stars by John Green was definitely one of the better books I have read. The book was recommended to me by a friend. It gives light that all good things must come to an end. My favorite character in the book would definitely have to be Augustus. He comes unexpectedly in the book and brightens the theme in a positive way. I like that he is always trying to teach Hazel ,(the main female of the character) that there is more to life than just death. The fact that they b ...more
Aubrey McKay
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-12
A dying girl is forced to attend a church group with other dying children, just so she can be decently social for the rest of her unstable life. She lives with a mother who wants what is best for her, an over-emotional father and no siblings to share in the grief. Her straight to the quick attitude cuts some deeply, but attracts others. Mainly Gus Frank.

It's not my favorite. I watched the movie first and had already had the experience of the plot line... perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it so m
Patti
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A coming of age book featuring the lives of teenagers battling cancer and falling in love, in that order. It's impossible for the stories to not pull at the heartstrings and provide needed perspective on the challenges of fighting cancer.

An easy read following the characters through their journey of support groups, treatments, death; love, trips, deciding what to do with their one wish.

While an enjoyable read and thoughtful story, the deliberate foreshadowing omitted the intrigue as I always k
Charlotte
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In my opinion this was a very good book. I really liked to read it and had a hard time to stop reading. Because once I had begun reading it, I wanted to know what would happen.
It was a beautiful, yet dramatic love story. The story is about a girl who has cancer, and she doesn't want to get close to people because she doesn't want to harm them. But then she falls in love with a guy she meets in therapy, this is the point where the extraordinary love story begins.
I thought it was very emotional t
Justin Smith
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Fault in Our Stars is a very human story about two teenagers who fall in love under the dark cloud of cancer. Hazel and Augustus struggle to live normal lives within cancer. Hazel has a shy and introverted personality while Augustus is outgoing and adventurous. He tries to find important symbolism in the smallest of things and shows Hazel his world. It takes many looks on death, especially on how death affects the characters lives so profoundly. The book was a great read, I figured that it ...more
Juli Anna
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was astounding! I liked it especially because the conflict is very realistic, and even though most people never get cancer in their lives, it has some pain that all people can relate to. Also, I loved Hazel and Augustus and Isaac (edit: Please excuse the grammar mistake as I don't want to sound TOO formal in this review.), and the mix of tragedy and comedy fits in very well with everything. As well as this, it teaches us a lot about life and has some great morals in it.
All in all, I
Troy S
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't read many YA fiction novels, but based on what has been put on the big screen (Twilight, Divergent, Hunger Games, etc.) I can say that society (and teens specifically) would be better off reading something with 1) a good plot 2) character development 3) addresses difficult issues.

I haven't seen the movie yet, and I'm not sure if I really want to. I think that Mr. Green has written in a descriptive yet succinct way in detailing the settings and characters, that to watch the movie just wou
karim
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
A serious book with a serious message, yet written so humorous that it make you laugh out loud for minutes.
"I didn't tell him that the diagnosis came three months after I got my first period. Congratulations! You're a woman. Now die."
Hazel Grace was a very literate young woman, but sometimes it felt like she used unnecessarily difficult vocabulary, which didn't felt naturally to me.
Overall an awesome book.
Rio Hulm
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was embarrassing to read. I didn't really like to read the whole thing but I had too to get another book in before the year was over. I thought the guy was really smooth in asking her out on a date and telling her how he sees life. They end up going to a book writer which totally throws them out the door with nothing but fowl words. The guy finally has cancer overload and ends up dying but at least he lived a good life. ...more
Krishna
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A deeply introspective book. The book gives the feel that author might have had imagined a couple of romantinc scenes (from innumerable movies, nothing new) and created a book, on the note to get sympathy for the protagonists, for their terminal states of their health. This book employes a couple of catch phrases and repeats them through out the book, untill the reader gets either really pissed or thinks WTF. But definitely worth a read, if you are in the mood for introspection & some guilt.
Sophie Ellis
May 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Having read two other books from John Green, I can't help but feel as though he's just milking this pattern for all it's worth.
This book, whilst not awful just didn't feel quite right; everything was so cliche and predictable.
Unfortunately I can't move on from the fact that the entire novel is just 207 pages of cliches to do with teen angst and longing for a meaning in life. The only realistic character in it all I felt was Isaac.
Kaiarvilla
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought the Fault in Our Stars by John Green, was a really good book. In the book he expressed the life of a young teenage girl named Hazel who was experiencing her life with cancer. Throughout the book, she struggles to survive but then she meets this boy who also has cancer. If you are looking for romance and tragedy, this long adventurous book is just right for you and be prepared with a tissue box.
Peggy Schuster
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book from the first page...actually, before that, when I read the author's note. It's not your typical YA novel. The characters are deep and intelligent and the story is of life not death. Perhaps they speak the way they do as a side effect of their disease. They were forced to grow up far too quickly. ...more
Eilonwy
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hazel and Augustus navigate the terrible world of terminal cancer determined not to become either the cancer cliche (fought valiantly, never stopped smiling, etc.) or to lose their chance to make a mark as a person, not a cancer metaphor. Some great scenes about some very thoughtful characters. I enjoyed the book.
Emily Reagan
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for the fourth quarter. This was one of the best books I ever read. The book is in the romance category. It tells about the love story of two teens dying of cancer and how they make the most out of the days they have left together. The book gives a lot of information and shows what kids who live with cancer feel like. The book was extremely interesting and well written.
Bev
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the most heartbreaking, hilarious and romantic book I've read in ages. I had to stop reading it on a flight because I didn't have a kleenex -- it is uncomfortably close to real life at times, facing the inevitability of death when cancer treatments have failed to free the central characters. Lovely and sad. ...more
Trish
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
While it's a very well written book, I found it to be trying a little too hard to be philosophical. I can't imagine any teenagers (dying or not) using the vocabulary these kids do. But there were some great humourous parts and lots of deep, tragic parts and very romantic parts. And the author managed to really get me emotionally invested in the characters.
Lynn Wyvill
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
An exceptional read. Beautiful characters I wanted to know forever and I wanted them to live. While this is a story about dying, it is also a story of teenagers living with dying but told through ordinary teenage angst.
Kate
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read! Truly. I thought, being the mother of a teenager this would be an absolutely unbearable book to read implanting lots of thoughts I did not want to have....overall it is a very uplifting book with a very strong character that exudes nothing but goodness.
« previous 1 3 next »
Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars 1 2 Aug 15, 2018 05:07PM
which is the part you loved most at this book? 1 2 Apr 13, 2015 02:56AM

• Looking for Alaska / An Abundance of Katherines / Paper Towns / The Fault in Our Stars
  • The Guardian
  • Message in a Bottle
  • La música que llevamos adentro: Autismo, Asperger y una manera distinta de ver el mundo
  • 7 hábitos de mindfulness para el éxito personal y profesional
  • Love & Luck (Love & Gelato, #2)
  • Love & Olives (Love & Gelato, #3)
  • The Ex Talk
  • You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories about Racism
  • Grown
  • La tía Cósima
  • Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment
  • ليتني امرأة عادية