Start by marking “Anyone But Ivy Pocket” as Want to Read:
Anyone But Ivy Pocket

Anyone But Ivy Pocket

(Ivy Pocket #1)

Ivy Pocket is a twelve-year-old maid of no importance, with a very lofty opinion of herself. Dumped in Paris by the Countess Carbunkle, who would rather run away to South America than continue in Ivy's companionship, our young heroine (of sorts) finds herself with no money and no home to go to ... until she is summoned to the bedside of the dying Duchess of Trinity. For th ...more
Published April 9th 2015 by Bloomsbury Children's

To ask other readers questions about Anyone But Ivy Pocket, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hannah Rose
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

LENA TRAK
This was anazing!!!

Children's books can be so fascinating! I loved the mystery, I loved the humour!!!!
Can't wait to read the next one!

5 stars for Ivy Pocket, because of her particular set of talents and skills... LOL
Chiara
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
A copy of this novel was provided by Bloomsbury Australia for review.

I really don’t know if this book is the most ridiculous or most entertaining thing I have ever read.

From the very beginning I was wary, for middle grade fiction books tend to be either hits or misses with me, and this one seemed extremely “quirky”. I nearly DNFd it about 25 pages in, because I didn’t know if I could continue reading it. Why? The following:

1 – The repetitive writing style. Namely “I have all the natural instinct
Petra
I haven't laughed this much in a long time.

Review in Swedish;

Jag fick först upp ögonen för Vem som helst utom Ivy Pocket när jag såg den i Modernistas vårkatalog. Och sedan hade jag turen att få den som recex, och jag måste säga att den överträffade alla mina förväntningar.

Handligen var så charmig, och så rolig. Det var länge sedan jag skrattade så här mycket till en bok. Själva mysteriet var spännande, och bilderna i boken var helt fantastiska. Det här är helt klart en av de snyggaste böckerna
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Once in a while a book comes along that you utterly fall head over heels in love with. Ivy Pocket, you are incredible. Ivy is a character you're never likely to forget. Only twelve, but she's full of self importance and tall tales about her life. She's brash, arrogant and quite rude... But Ivy sees her meddling and astute observations as a wonderful character trait, often baffled at the overreaction of those she's kind enough to grace her opinions with. Bu
Rashika (is tired)
***This mini-review has also been posted on The Social Potato

I am not sure whether this book is absolutely brilliant or a pain in the ass. Ivy Pocket reads a little like Amelia Bedelia (who just happens to be one of my favorite characters ever) and that brings up the question of whether this book was supposed to be a satirical or if we’re actually supposed to take Ivy Pocket seriously.

I am going to go with the former because if the latter were true, I’d have some serious issues with the book.

Ivy
Mirna
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Funny, adventurous, excellent. I had so much fun reading this book. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel
Rabiah
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at: http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/2...

When I first read the synopsis, Ivy Pocket’s character sounded a lot like Amelia Bedelia from the Amelia Bedelia series by Peggy Parish. However, what really drew me to the book was the illustration on the front cover. It looked quite gothic and kind of reminded me of Tim Burton’s stop-motion films, so I knew I had to give this one a try. I don’t often laugh out loud when it comes to reading books but when I was reading Anyone But Ivy
Anna - Boktycke
Haha, vilken skön och jobbig karaktär Ivy är! Hur kan man vara så dålig på att läsa av situationer och samtidigt har så mycket självförtroende? Kombination av självgodhet och missuppfattningar gör den här boken väldigt underhållande att läsa. Dessutom innehåller den en härlig dos av humor, mysterier och övernaturliga händelser vilket passar mig väldigt bra.

Som grädden på moset är ju illustrationerna så himla fina! Kompletterar verkligen berättelsen jättebra. Enda klagomålet på dem är väl att de
Yipin
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read. Humorous. Finished in one day!

You hate her, but you pity her. But you know that she won't want you to pity her. So you just try to like her despite her quirkiness. But once you try, you actually do like her. She's warm and friendly, although she's got a funny way of showing her kindness and gratitude.

There's enough magical elements inside to attract young readers and at the very end, you get a hint that there will be more to come.

The type of book I want my kids to read. Kindness, s
JE Owen
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this aloud to my 3 children and they absolutely adored it.
Every night they begged for "just one more chapter! just one more chapter!"
This book covered it all: funny, great story, great characters, a little but scary in parts (but not too scary!) - and absolutely engaging.
Bedtime was stretched out on a few nights just so we could read a little bit more!
My children have quoted to me often from the book since we read it, it has really stuck with them. Recommended for kids 5 to 12.
Frida Arnesson
Så rolig och söt :) Väldigt underhållande och med helt fantastiska illustrationer! Kommer få en hedersplats i bokhyllan så jag kan titta på det underbara omslaget varje dag, typ..
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
I have to admit that I was hooked to this book even before I read the blurb. No it’s not the cover, but the message from the author at the back of the ARC that I received. I have received quite a few ARCs before but none with such a message from the author. It was different, it was interesting and it was humorous and that is what got me hooked to the book. Here’s a pic of the back cover so that you can take a look for yourself (I just had to share it!)

Ivy Pocket is a twelve year old who works as
A Canadian Girl
Anyone But Ivy Pocket by Caleb Krisp is one of those books where I alternated between liking it and being annoyed by it. On the one hand, Ivy was so ridiculous and made me laugh; and on the other, had she been someone real, I probably would have strangled her.

As a character, Ivy kind of reminded me of Amelia Bedelia. For those of you unfamiliar with Amelia Bedelia, she’s a housekeeper who gets into all kinds of shenanigans because she’s constantly misinterpreting things, yet you can’t help but
Emilie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I figured I would only read a few chapters, since I borrowed it from work I aimed to return it before my last day. Well, the story was so exiting! I could not stop reading it! I was not expecting this. It was funny, sad, suspensful and had the most beautiful illustrations.

What else can I say? I'm looking forward to the second book.
Ivana
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5, da sam par godina mlada bila bi petica :D
BookLoversLife
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.
Lydia
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, whimsical and heart-breaking, all at the same time!

Mystery, an insufferable but utterly charming and good-hearted heroine, and villains abound! Anyone but Ivy Pocket is now one of my favorite books, and has earned itself an honourable position on my bookshelf!

Ivy Pocket is an orphan and a maid. She is introduced as a horrific maid with unorthodox methods of serving her employers -- dunking their faces into fruit punch to cure fever, for example. Then she is called into the room of a dying
Lena
Ivy Pocket är en härlig, men samtidigt en jobbig karaktär! :D I början tyckte jag det var lite irriterande hur hennes självförtroende var uppe i höjderna, men hennes sätt att se på saker och ting inte var riktigt lika...tja.. Men ganska snabbt fann jag ändå att det var just det som var charmen med hennes karaktär och det blev en riktigt underhållande och spännande läsning med mysteriet om klockdiamanten ända till slutet.

Illustrationerna är dessutom helt fantastiska tillägg till berättelsen och
Sanja_Sanjalica
I like the Ivy character, find her amusing and silly, still, she has a power of stubbornness and frankness I often don't encounter in many child characters. Her naivety makes the story go forward and is amusing and terrifying at the same time. Definitely an amusing read, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Christy
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ivy is a true original. This book made me laugh out loud!!! I couldn't put it down. I had to see how Ivy's mystery adventure played out. I think this one of the most original protagonists I have read in children's fiction in a long time. I highly recommend kit!!
Sophie
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This book is bonkers and a lot of fun! I really liked the illustrations as well. I've already bought the next book in the series, looking forward to it.
Zelly
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recension: ZellysBokhylla
Cecilia
3.5 stjärnor Charmerande, söt och rolig bok om Ivy Pocket (ni vet självklart vem hon är!). Ser fram emot att få läsa mer om Ivy och hennes äventyr.
Veronica
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stjärnor. Ivy är underhållande och underbar som karaktär. och illustrationerna är fantastiska! hade älskat denna om jag läst den då jag var yngre!
Chelsea Herondale
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Review to come
Elin
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stjärnor
Irina
Raamat mulle täitsa meeldis, aga Ivy Pocket ise oli väljakannatamatu. Ennasttäis, idiootsuseni enesekindel, loogilist mõtlemist eirav 12 aastane teenijatüdruk. See raamat lausa paneb urisema!

Ivy on täiesti veendunud, et ta on lausa jumala kingitus igale perekonnale, kes talle tööd pakub (või pigem teadmatusest ta tööle võtab). Lisaks on ta muidugi sündinud printsess, salaagent, börsimaakler, detektiiv ja raamatu lõpus ka kirstutegija tütar. Ta kipub usaldama täiesti valesid inimesi ja kahtlustab
Roya
Monstrously entertaining.
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to Bloomsbury Children's & Edelweiss

------------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Single (Ivy)
Writing: First Person | Past Tense
Setting: France/England
Genre: Middle Grade | Fantasy
------------------------------------------------------------------

This book was a delight; I really enjoyed the craziness that came with it.

Ivy was a nutcase with a tendency to exaggerate her lies. There were times that she made me laugh, for it was too weird that she
Calista
This is an amazing book. Why is this not on people's list of amazing books to read? I am so lucky to have picked it up at the library. A hilariously gothic tale of a young maid who gets herself in the middle of a mystery over a diamond. Ivy is a unique little character calling her employers fatheads in the sweetest way possible. She has a way with blunt truth. I don't want to spoil a thing about this book. It is well worth the read and you will enjoy this little gem of a book. Please, do yoursel ...more
  • Goth Girl and the Wuthering Fright (Goth Girl, #3)
  • Diary of a Mad Brownie
  • The Unlikely Adventures of Mabel Jones (Mabel Jones, #1)
  • Hollywood Gothic: The Tangled Web of Dracula from Novel to Stage to Screen
  • Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)
  • Darcy Burdock
  • The World's Greatest Detective
  • The Deadly 7
  • Hamish and the Worldstoppers (Hamish and the PDF, #1)
  • Papelucho y el Marciano (Papelucho, #9)
  • Three Pennies
  • The Dungeoneers (Dungeoneers, #1)
  • Sputnik's Guide to Life on Earth
  • Lifeboat 12
  • A Thin Ghost and Others
  • When Mischief Came to Town
  • Blanche Neige
  • The Unicorn in the Barn

Ivy Pocket (3 books)
  • Somebody Stop Ivy Pocket
  • Bring Me the Head of Ivy Pocket (Ivy Pocket, #3)