Start by marking “Room 1208” as Want to Read:
Room 1208

Room 1208

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
alt cover edition for B00F6O1W34

Maggie’s life hasn’t been an easy one. But in the last two years she’s made giant strides towards overcoming the repercussions of a devastating childhood. Now thirty years old, she’s ready to jump the final hurdle that stands between her past and a new life free from low self-esteem and old hurts.

Taking that leap requires the cooperation of
Kindle Edition
Published 2014 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Room 1208, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room 1208

Pam
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 kismet stars
“Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world…”

Oh my, 1208 was a tasty novella, that packed a little punch. From the very start we are transported into their story and experience their one night full of passion and tenderness. Who would have ever guessed that one perfect night would haunt them for months to come; but no promises were made, no information exchanged, just one blissful night and a memory to last a lifetime... But fate had other plans, planting seeds and
Ava
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt I was in love with this book within the first chapter by mid book that one was in my favorite by the end I was sure I loved this one so much.
I felt contentment and peace + love and smile after reading this one.
It was more than a sexscapade between two people in a hotel bar/lounge meeting in a room.
It was a girl with more story behind doing something unbelievable. it was so well written and explained. Then came to him! much more in there.
.... hummm.... it was fate. yep a love story but a
twelvejan [Alexandria]
5 delightful stars!

Some authors can spin magic into their short stories. And Sophia Renny did exactly that. Intriguing and riveting right from the beginning, it left me feeling contented on this glorious, rainy Boxing Day. The perfect book to curl up to on this dreary day.

Sweet yet alluring, Room 1208 tells a story of two individuals who discovered something they didn't realise were missing in their lives. Clouded by a trying past, 'Joan' and 'Don' took the first step into betterment the moment
Katerina
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never would have guessed that there are so many 30 year old virgins out there, trying desperately to get rid of this colossal burden.
But in romance novels we get to meet them from time to time, and it seems not all of the female population has had sex by the age of 16 as statistics are stating.
Maggie is one of those "social misfits" and in Room 1208 we get to know how she gives this the deep sixsex...;))

Jason is her number one boy and Maggies lucky find, because such well thought plans in real
Vidalia
Room 1208 only 0.99 on Amazon Feb 14-19! (And actually, it's available on 2/13 at this price, too. :) )
Pamela
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, reviewed
Kristi Cramer
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It has been a long time since I read a book in one sitting. Even a novella. Room 1208 hooked me right away and didn't let me go until the end.

It wrenched some tears out of me, and got me rather hot under the collar, too. I was so rooting for Maggie and Jason that I didn't even mind the super sweet happy ending.

There were elements that I found a little over the top, but then again, I have to say I'm a sucker for this, a too good to be true romance. So what. I was (way) into it while I read it.
TFitz
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
At first I was going to give this story four stars only because I wanted to spend more time with these characters. But that's just me being greedy. This story was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. Without giving anything away, it's so much more than just a one-night stand. At its heart - even with the steamy *blushing* hot sex scenes - it's a sweet, old-fashioned love story, complete with a few "it can only happen in a romance novel" scenarios. But, gosh darn it, in a world that seems to ...more
Musa
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is about two individuals, both missing some part of their life, and unexpectedly came together in a one night stand. Although this is technically a novella, the characters are well developed throughout, and there are more back story to both of the characters. Some part of the storyline is really too much of a coincidence, but all in all this is a very sensual short read.
Darlingem
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic, sexy, steamy
This book was sitting in my TBR (to be read) folder on my Kindle for several months. Now it's in my Keeper (to be read again and again) folder. Wow. To say that I loved this story would be an understatement. I read it on a gloomy afternoon when the world news had me so depressed that I just wanted to escape for a couple of hours in a good romance novel. Two pages in, there could have been someone at my front door yelling "fire!" and I wouldn't have heard them; I was that engrossed.

Here are the

J
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very short book, but I enjoyed reading it. Maggie is 30 years old and because of a lot of issues has never had a serious relationship. She was fat as a child, felt unloved at home, had an episode of a guy trying to force himself on her. She was seeing a therapist who tried to encourage her to see herself in a better light, but it just wasn't working. So, one night she took it upon herself to find someone, anyone just to love her for that night. She saw a likely candidate in the bar and slipped ...more
Holly Bargo
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpectedly nice hero

The book begins with an absolutely idiotic plan by the heroine to hook up with a stranger to lose her virginity. Luckily for her, she happens upon a man who's not only gorgeous, but a nice guy. The utter stupidity of this is swallowed by the sweet romance. Yes, there's sex in this story, but it's well written and I don't feel as though I could pass an exam to become a gynecologist.
Dawn
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't read novellas because I feel like you can't get into the characters enough. Came across this one as a must read recommendation, and damn I'm glad I did. I really liked Maggie and Jason together and their own personal struggles. Hot and passionate. I felt so good reading this from start to finish, but now I want more. I think I'll need to take up vodka. ; )
Sara
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the overall feeling that this story left me with, but it was short and insta-everything. Instalove, insta-fabulous-devirgining sex, insta-marriage proposal. As a result of all the rushing the author did, we were left with sketches instead of full blown characters.
Stacie
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars. LOVED Jason and Maggie's Story!! The perfect combination of being incredibly Sweet, Tender, and Loving while being totally Hot at the same time. My only complaint is that it ended far too Soon. I Want More! Thank you Sophia Renny. It was a pleasure!
Robin
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this story! I am adding it as one of my favorites. The story moved along at the right speed. Loved how you knew how things would transpire without the need of a epilogue. I don't recall every seeing it done that way, kudos!

Black Butterfly
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUBS
Shelves: erotica, romance
I LOVED THIS A VERY SHORT READ BUT SO SIZZLING HOT! AMAZING HOW IN SUCH A FEW PAGES A TRULY ROMANTIC STORY UNFOLDS. WELL DEVELOPED CHARACTERS AND JASON & MAGGIE'S STORIES WERE VERY BELIVEABLE, THEY WERE JUST MEANT TO BE TOGETHER. THE LOVE SCENES WERE HOT, HOT, HOT!! ;D
Kristi
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
Compelling beginning Steamy. Interesting. A little unbelievable in spots. A quick read. Overall not a bad read.
Iza
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good story and fantastic read, smooth but emotional, lost few teardrops meanwhile... Thank you author! waiting for more
Randi
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Randi by: No one, searched goodreads
Excellent book. Enjoyed it. I hope your next book presents a little more alpha male and take no crap female.
Krista
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great quick read.... loved it!!
Cam
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Felt the attraction between the hero & heroine right from the start. Great sexual tension. Only POV of heroine, but author made it work. Will read this book again.
Jeanie V.
Short and sexy read about luck and coincidences.
Dana
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. Short but not too short to get the story across however I would love to hear more from these characters. Sweet and very sexy!!
Caroline F
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little story. You can guess how the story unfolds but written with feeling and depth and great ending. Plenty to sigh over in a short space of time!
Tania
A short, steamy read. Fairly predictable and nothing really special.
Tammy G
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly a great read...not what I expected, so in a good way!!!
Tammy
Dec 29, 2014
Christina
Oct 02, 2013
Nikky
Oct 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Some Like It Hot!: Have you read Room 1208 yet? 1 25 Feb 18, 2014 04:07AM
Goodreads Authors...: Room 1208 only 99 cents 2/14 - 2/19 only 1 2 Feb 14, 2014 09:51PM
Bargain Basement: Room 1208 on sale now through 2/19 1 2 Feb 14, 2014 07:49AM
Goodreads Librari...: Need new cover added 6 18 Feb 14, 2014 06:53AM
Bargain Basement: Free 11/6 thru 11/7 only 1 25 Nov 06, 2013 02:11AM
Happily Ever Afte...: Free - 10/2 - 1 day only 2 15 Oct 02, 2013 02:37PM
  • A Matter of Trust
  • Fall Semester
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • The Candidate
  • Jonah's Woman
  • Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Dante's Unexpected Legacy
  • Hope Under Mistletoe (Seasons of Hope #1)
  • By Design
  • Men On Fire
  • Wanderlust
  • Wild Fire (Fairy Tale Match, #1)
  • Waiting for Grace
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • Her Risk to Take (Her, #3)
  • 1st Chance
  • Written in Stone
  • This Fire
Sophia lives in the Last Best Place, USA. She loves Romance, Chocolate, and Pinot Noir. When she's not writing about strong yet vulnerable men and the women who love them, she can most often be found ignoring housework for the pleasure of engaging in fierce scrabble competitions with her sweetheart. Yes, she did fall in love with him at first sight. It does happen! Follow Sophia's blog for updates ...more
More about Sophia Renny