Start by marking “Between Us and the Moon” as Want to Read:
Between Us and the Moon

Between Us and the Moon

A luminous young adult novel that evokes Judy Blume’s Forever for a new generation.

Ever since Sarah was born, she’s lived in the shadow of her beautiful older sister, Scarlett. But this summer on Cape Cod, she’s determined to finally grow up. Then she meets gorgeous college boy Andrew. He sees her as the girl she wants to be. A girl who’s older than she is. A girl like Sca
Published June 30th 2015 by Harper Teen

To ask other readers questions about Between Us and the Moon, please sign up.

Start your review of Between Us and the Moon
Emily May
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
"You watch the world. I'm not even sure you live in it."

It's so weird how nearly every 2015 YA book that promises fast-paced action and/or fantasy turns into a story about that guy (or guys) with the beautiful eyes, and yet most YA books pitched as cutesy summer romances turn out to be powerful and moving coming-of-age stories. Between Us and the Moon is just that.

This is a story about Sarah - the baby of the family, who everyone calls "Bean". Her older sister, Scarlett, is the beautiful one
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

photo loser_zps7aq0qebs.png

WARNING: If you don’t like mean reviews, do not read this. If you don’t like RANTS, do not read this. If you don’t like curse words, demoralization of fictional characters, or just an all around bad attitude….DO NOT MOTHERFUCKING READ THIS.

No one has ever seen me post a mean review. I have NEVER lost my shit before. If anyone-ANYONE-is curious as to what my INITIAL reaction is after a book I am just all around generally disgusted by? THIS WOULD BE THE REVIEW TO READ.

FUCK MY FORMAT.

FUCK BEIN
Sarah Elizabeth
Ugh, I hated the way Sarah/Bean kept lying to Andrew, every time she did it I cringed, and I understood why she did it, but it was never going to turn out well! 🙈 If felt a little sorry for Sarah when her parents seemed to have no interest in her. They were so concerned about her sister getting home safely, but didn't even notice if Sarah didn't come home all night 🙈

“You
Jaime Arkin
4.5 stars -

I am not going to sugar coat it. This book ruined all my pre-conceived notions of what I need in a story in order to fall totally in love with it. I think many of you are either going to love it or hate it.

Sarah (Bean) has lived her life in the shadow of her older sister Scarlett. She’s spent her life focusing on Science and school instead of getting out and meeting people and making friends. Except for Tucker. Tucker who she’s been best friends with for as long as she can remember.
Fafa's Book Corner
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner !

Beware spoilers ahead!

DNF

I had heard about this book last year through GR. It looked interesting. At the time it wasn't in my library so I made a mental note of it. Luckily it had come to my library and I was excited to read it! Unfortunately I did not enjoy it.

The book begins with Sarah talking to her sister Scarlett about the stars. Scarlett calls Sarah a dork and leaves. Their mother calls and announces that Sarah's boyfriend Tucker is here. Sarah goes to
Gabby
I'm kind of pissed off right now after finishing this book... The beginning of this book started off promising, and I actually thought it was going to be a cute summer romance novel. This is a "coming of age" novel about a girl named Sarah who always lives in the shadows of her sister Scarlet. Scarlet is a ballerina and she always gets all the attention from their parents and from boys and Sarah is an awkward social outcast who spends all of her time stargazing and being a scientist.

“You watch
Rose
Initial reaction: Bean was a relatable character that I liked following for the most part in this narrative of a geeky stargazing girl trying to navigate her way through several changes that occur in her life back-to-back. Still meditating on the rating (Probably between 3.5 and 4 stars), but I think Rebecca Maizel's talent for showing character intimacy was well-noted here.

Full review:

I honestly had no idea what to expect picking up Rebecca Maizel's "Between Us and the Moon" - I did know that i
Laurence R.
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think I ended up liking this a lot (except for the awkwardness I felt).
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, buddy-book
3.5 stars!

Jointly reviewed with my co-blogger, Becca!

THE STORY:
Lisa : Becca and I were so excited to start this book. We are huge fans of summer beach reads, and this one seemed like it would be perfect. A story set in the summer months on Cape Cod... YES!

Sarah has forever lived in her sister, Scarlett's, shadow. Scarlett is three years older than Sarah, beautiful, and extremely popular. Sarah has always been considered the "little sister". Though she's 15, she's treated as if she's 12.
poppet.

✧・゚:* ✩ 4.5 SHINY STARS ✩*:・゚✧

LISTEN, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WAS IT ABOUT THIS BOOK BUT I REALLY LIKED IT DON’T JUDGE ME, OKAY? Cool. Now, I really enjoyed. this book. I mean in the end it ripped my heart to tiny little pieces but it had to happen….btw don’t get me wrong this book did pissed me off in some points but overall I really liked it and it was fun to read.

So one of the things that I liked about Between Us & The Moon is that even tho Sarah wanted to become ‘somebody else’ with the Scarlett
caren

I adored this book... right up until the last page.

Okay, let me rephrase that. I adored Andrew through the last page and beyond, Sarah--and that ending--not so much. We’ll get into that, though.

Let’s start with Sarah first.

She’s young. Fifteen. She's immature, still finding out what her purpose in life should be. She thought she had it figured out. She was pretty certain it involved science and the sky and the endless number of stars she’d spent the last year looking at particularly hard while s
Rhea Dsouza
Dec 26, 2014 rated it liked it
If I were to pitch Between Us and The Moon is one sentence it would be something like this: A summer romance filled with lies and stars.

Sarah “Bean” Levin, scientist and stargazer, is sick of being in the shadow of her older sister Scarlett. After she’s dumped by her long time best friend turned boyfriend Tucker, she decides that she’s going to start working on The Scarlett Experiment—an attempt to observe how exactly her sister has all the boys wrapped around her finger. Sarah changes her clot
Drew
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah is just about to turn sixteen and is sick of being overlooked by her family. Her mother and father mostly ignore her and her older sister treats her horribly. Sarah has always admired her sister's social skills and confident air in public—Scarlett is beautiful, popular, and attracts attention at every corner. She's the center of her group of friends and certainly never has to try to be charming.

So Sarah, who is a nerdy, intelligent young scientist at heart, decides to undergo the "Scarlett
Shreeka
Jul 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Before I start this review, I just want to say that this is probably the case of "Ït's not you, it's me".Since it looks like I'm the only one giving it a one star. So, I'm just gonna say it. I didn't like this book.

I'm gonna start off by saying I found the main character i.e. Sarah aka Bean very annoying. Her lying in the beginning actually had a pretty good reason. She was always in the shadows of her perfect sister and nobody saw her for who she really was. She just had a pretty rough breakup
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Between Us And The Moon is a great summer story. As summer comes I am thinking beaches, fruits, and long walks on the beach. After looking at the cover of this book I knew I was going to read this book and love it.Summer romances happen all summer long and sometimes they last and sometimes they don't. I will not give away the ending but it is definitely perfect for this book.

This book is about a girl Sarah who lives in the shadow of her older sister Scarlett. She wants to be like her sister outg
Trista
Sarah has always felt like she's lived in the shadow of Scarlett, her older sister. When her boyfriend breaks up with her right before the family is leaving to go to Cape Cod for the summer, Sarah decides it's an opportunity for an experiment. She'll act more like her older sister and see if that attracts friends and boys. This is how she meets college boy Andrew. She finds herself having real feelings for him, feelings that seem to be returned, but he doesn't know the real her. If she tells him ...more
♛ may
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it

What an excellent contemporary that digs deeper and challenges everything in your typical average love story! While the books starts off pretty slow paced, it speeds up and leaves you craving, yearning, and crying for more.

Between Us and the Moon is about Sarah, more commonly known as Bean, who has always felt as though she lives in her vivacious older sister, Scarlett’s shadow. Sarah is this genius astronomer that lives with her head in the clouds. After her childhood best friend and boyfrie
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to HarperTeen

description There are some (a little) explicit sex scenes which may not be suitable for young readers.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Single (Sarah, aka Bean)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: Rhode Island/Nantucket/New Orleans
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary Romance
--------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I didn't like what Bean had done and the fact she was starving for attention to the poi
jasmine

This book was amazing. I finished it a few months ago, and I still remember everything in vivid detail. Anyone who loves contemporary romances will love this book, especially if you don't believe in heroines that always need to be perfect. Bean is flawed and infuriating but lovable and real, and so is every other character in this book.

While I can't say it was perfect because it made me angry, I actually can say that it's perfect for the very same reason. Everyone in this book is com
Kelly Gunderman
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, edelweiss
See this review, and others, on my blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

So, it's kind of more like 3.5 stars for this one.

When I picked this book up, I expected a sweet, summer romance that would make a quick, heartwarming read, but I didn't get that. I mean, don't get me wrong, the book wasn't bad...but I just had a lot of problems with it.

For one, Sarah (or Bean - her nickname, even though I don't remember any point in the book where it describes why she is called Bean), spends the entire book pretty
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Confession: This cover was calling my name! I love the pretty shades of blue and the picture of the beach and this is what initially attracted me to this book. Plus, I’ve had a book by this author on my shelves for years and figured it was time I finally read one of her books. There were a few issues that bothered me with this book, but overall I ended up liking this one.

Sarah has always live din the shadow of her older, prettier and more popular sister Scarlett. Scarlett has no problem making f
savannah chandler
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sarah, who is 16 and the main character in this book, wants to be more like her older sister, Scarlett. She doesn't want to base her whole life around astronomy, she wants to date guys and be a girl. So, she comes up with the Scarlett Plan. She'll borrow her sister's clothes and makeup and try to pick up a guy. Surprisingly, she meets Andrew, who is everything her Scarlett Plan boyfriend is. The only bad thing is, she's lied about her age, going to college, even though she's still in high school ...more
Sónia
This book is so beautiful. I actually needed this, it reminded me so much of Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty, I absolutely loved it. What I loved the most about it was the character growth of both Sarah and Andrew. At first I wasn't sure where I stood, I never formed an opinion on relationships that are forbidden due to age gaps, involving an underaged. After reading this book I realized it doesn't bother me, if the gap isn't big and the underaged is mature enough to know what they want. ...more
Jen Halligan
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, and could not put it down toward the end. I did find the main character Sarah and her lies off-putting, but I absolutely loved Andrew! Full review to come.
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
I can't even explain how much I loved this.
It was everything I wanted and more.
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book began with some heartbreak and ended with some heartbreak, at least for me. I didn't agree with all the posturing and lying Sarah did along the way, but she did grow a lot from the whole experience, and it moved many of the relationships in her life in a positive direction.

Things I loved:
• All the science nerd stuff was top notch for me. I ❤️ science
• I loved being out at the Cape again. It's been years and it was fun to revisit
• I was a fan of the romance. It was sweet and Andrew was
Ginger at GReadsBooks
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-read-2015
Oh this book had me feeling so many things upon finishing it! It's the type of story that causes me to pick up my phone just after finishing to text a friend my immediate thoughts. I did not agree with the MC's actions, and to be honest it left me feeling a bit unsettled. However, it gives a portrayal of how our actions, no matter how messy they may be, can dictate the outcomes of our future. I need to let my thoughts marinate a bit before I write a more detailed review. ...more
Danny
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was so great!!!! I loved but I'm so disappointed in the ending!! It all ended up way too fast and was bony really wrapped up nor did we get an epilogue that would suffice. I hate these open "make up your own mind" endings....

And I really loved all the rest!!!
zeliz
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
is there going to be a second book to this? I need more
Lisa
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok I have a lot of thoughts about this one. There are parts I liked and parts I hated. Sometimes they were intertwined and sometimes I almost stopped reading. But I needed to see what was going to happen in the end. I think the ending was a cop out... and I think the scientific facts that she mutters to herself throughout the entire thing is overdone. However, there were some cute storylines in here, but I grimaced A LOT - the main character made me really uncomfortable for most of the book to b ...more

• Emmy & Oliver
  • Two Summers
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • What I Thought Was True
  • All Our Broken Pieces
  • Love Story
  • The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You, #1)
  • The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1)
  • Surviving Adam Meade