Start by marking “Der salzige Fluss” as Want to Read:
Der salzige Fluss

Der salzige Fluss

Nach einer schwierigen Trennung findet sich Jan Bauer in der australischen Wüste wieder, auf der Suche nach sich selbst. Er will den „Lhere pirnte“ - den salzigen Fluss - entlangwandern. 450 Kilometer durch das unwirtliche, glühend heiße Herz Australiens. Mit jedem Schritt durch die fremde, menschenfeindliche und zugleich wunderschöne Landschaft lässt er ein bisschen seeli ...more
Published February 2014 by Avant (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Der salzige Fluss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der salzige Fluss

Artur Coelho
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uma das novidades editoriais da Polvo apresentadas no Amadora BD, O Rio Salgado de Jan Bauer surpreende pelo seu rigor estético e plasticidade do grafismo. Em O Rio Salgado, uma caminhada no remoto deserto australiano é o palco de um amor condenado, com a omnipresente paisagem a captar o olhar do leitor. “Outras histórias são verdadeiras, isso quer dizer que foi a vida a escrevê-las” é talvez a frase que melhor explica este livro. Junto com a assombrosa ilustração paisagística, forma uma muito i ...more
Joanna
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this so much. The pictures were wonderful (despite being in black and white) - so wonderful that I now have walking the Larapinta Trail on my bucket list.

The only reason I didn't give this book a full set of 5 stars was the slightly creepy romance storyline. It would have been excellent if, like Morgane said, it was only "this trek kind of thing." But Jan, freshly out of some very traumatic experiences, including painful divorce, rushed in with the I love yous a couple of weeks into kn
Maude
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: neuvième-art
je referme ce roman graphique et je me sens nostalgique d'aventure... l'intensité des rencontres que l'on fait en voyage, le regard face à la nature, le "bush camping" tout y est bien représenté.
amargaridab
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somehow strangely familiar. It is easy to review myself in it.
Jeroen Schwartz
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-graphic
Deze 'road-novel' (Reiseroman auf Deutsch) begint fenomenaal, met fantasierijke hersenspinsels, een schrijver-wandelaar die uit zijn lichaam treedt en opgaat in het moois en in de gevaren en ergernissen van zijn landelijke avontuur. Beeld en tekst vloeien in elkaar over, en met name de tekeningen zijn weergaloos: vol trucs, verrassingen, gevarieerd - en toch een. De man die het allemaal niet meer weet tracht zichzelf opnieuw uit te vinden maar krijgt zijn hunkeringen niet afgeschud. Een beetje l ...more
Michael
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, from its opening scenery to the bittersweet ending, the whole book is thematically amazing. Jan writes from the heart, and is able to describe his stream of consciousness with great depth but not complexity. The black and white pencilled portraits of the Australian outback really romanticise the notion that it is a beautiful, if not misunderstood, area of the world that is worth exploring. If I didn't hate brutal sunshine so much, I would do the Larapinta trail myself ...more
Jess
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic, australiana
Beautiful art, but I think I would have preferred it to be in colour because of the insane palette of the Australian outback. I wasn’t that taken by the “love” story — the protagonist was kind of pushy and clingy and I completely understood his love interest’s hesitation. Maybe this was a translation issue?
Sofia
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ando com este livro em mente desde o AmadoraBD, pareceu-me que o trabalho artístico era extraordinário. E confirma-se.
Para mais, a história está bem redigida, num retrato bastante íntimo das desilusões de amor (e da vida). Em algumas alturas encontramo-nos no meio de nenhures. Outra alturas, no meio de nenhures, encontramo-nos.
Jota-p
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Não se espere uma história completamente inovadora e fora do comum... Espere-se antes uma história bem contada, não só com um argumento simples e facilmente perceptível, mas também com imagens poderosas da paisagem do outback australiano. Bem pensado e bem executado. Não é isso o mais importante num livro?
Karyn
I was reviewing the contents of this book to see what age group collection I would add it to and decided I had to follow the story through to the end. A lovely quick read, a relatable story and I like the illustrations.
Doro
Reiseroman nennt der avant-verlag seinen Frühjahrsaufmacher, die erste Graphic Novel von Illustrator Jan Bauer, der für Das wilde Dutzend eine Geschichte der Anthologie "Wer kann für böse Träume" illustrierte. Jan erzählt in "Der salzige Fluss", wie er 2012 auf der Suche nach sich selbst den Larapinta Trail entlang des Lhere Pirnte mitten in Australien entlangwanderte.
"Ich bin allein. Was ich brauche, trage ich in meinem Rucksack bei mir. Alles andere habe ich hinter mir gelassen. Für das, was
Vickey Foggin
After some personal tragedies, a German artist decides to wander through the Australian bush to find himself. Afterwards he makes a graphic novel about his trek. The black and white watercolours really portray the landscape well and the story is well paced, I just didn't enjoy it much. The story of the trek is the story that thousands of backpacking tourists to Auatralia have, so it was a bit boring. The story of the "romance" comes off a bit creepy. Guy meets much younger girl, they hike togeth ...more
Jonathon
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: australian

"A day is what happens when the sun crosses the sky, and what happens below when we travel in its path... And every new day offers us new vistas of the grandeur of nature."

Such a heartfelt and deeply moving graphic narrative.

The illustrations are stunning yet understated and each panel is paired deftly with narrative text (and moments of reflective silence) to completely transform the story into something well beyond regular fiction.

I thoroughly enjoyed both the narrative and the art - an exce
Brian
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drawing style creates a real atmosphere for the story. Traditional
(almost) love story but set in an outback trekking scenario which adds to the tale. Hero has a habit of looking gormless - certainly not a man of the world type. However adds to the pathos. Enjoyed.
Tina Jameson
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Autobiographical graphic novel - strong and beautiful black and white illustrations of the author's hike (and an unexpected romance) along the Larapinta trail (MacDonnall Ranges N.T. Australia).
(This new edition is translated from it's original German).
Sandeep
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
something quaintly beautiful about this simple and predictable love story.
RachelB
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this graphic novel. Simple, quaint story with beautiful black and white illustrations.
Filobiblic