Start by marking “Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1)

Unlovable

(The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #1)

It isn’t every day a sexy demigod throws a pissed-off Cupid onto psychologist Matilda Schmidt’s couch and informs her the fate of the world depends on her ability to get him off his diapered ass and back to helping people fall in love.

Just when Matilda convinces herself she’s not hallucinating, in walks a Vegas hit man with a big gun and a bigger threat: pay back the mill
Published February 11th 2014 by C. Olsen

To ask other readers questions about Unlovable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlovable

Dali
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny, quirky, sexy fast paced read. Definitely caught me off guard and made me smile.

What do Cupid and Psyche, Crixus, a sexy hit man and an uptight virginal psychologist have in common? It all started with an obnoxious 3:45am phone call by a demigod that interrupted Matilda’s very salacious dream, followed by the same demigod thrusting a very disillusioned and disgruntled Cupid onto her couch demanding she counsel him or risk world instability.

After reluctantly accepting that these eve
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

Fun, fast-paced paranormal romp. Be prepared to suspend all reality for this one.

I liked this one, and I listened to the whole thing while running errands today. It is paranormal chick-lit, and enjoyable in a mindless way (and I mean that as a positive!). Parts were a bit rape-fantasy for my taste, and I totally rolled my eyes at the virgin psychologist bit, but there was no slut-shaming here and I'm always behind a smart woman MC.

I'll probably keep going with the series as long as
Carrie
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Matilda Schmidt is a psychologist that has more studied human interaction than actually lived it. When she receives a strange phone call from a man claiming to be a demigod she thinks she actually may be losing her mind. When that man shows up the next day at her office with Cupid in tow expecting Matilda to treat him things couldn't seem to be any crazier, that is until a armed man comes in and kidnaps Matilda claiming she's been to Las Vegas and has gambling debts to pay.

A rather crazy mix up
Linda
Unlovable" was a short fun read that I could not put down .
What happens when a very uptight psychologist has her dreams intruded by the demigod Crixus, who the the very next day dumps a not so cherubic Cupid on her office couch for analysis.
Well if your Dr Matilda Schmidt, your day just keeps getting crazier when a very big, very sexy and attractive mobster shows up and abducts her along with Cupid because she supposedly owes a Vegas casino a million dollars Of your not laughing at this point
Kerrigan Byrne
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Janet Evanovich, Mary Janice Davidson, and Charlaine Harris, I love to read a mystery and/or romance that makes me LITERALLY laugh out loud. I'm not talking about an "lol" or an amused chuckle, I mean my family comes in to check if I'm actually reading, because how can a book be this hilarious?
Unlovable is not only witty, sexy, fast-paced, and action packed, it has moments of extreme poignancy, vivid characters, and a few hot scenes that will melt your socks off!

Did I mention it was
Eating Between
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO FREAKING FUNNY I SPIT MY TEA OUT! This is the kind of book you wanna read when you are having a spit in your face kick you in the groin pich you tit kind of day! Matilda - i wanna be YOU when i grow up! This is a sweet and sassy short read and i loved every bit of it! This book filled my cork and snark quota for the year and just in time! DO NOT MISS!!
Serenata
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I could smash it with a hammer.
Or maybe boil it in a vat of hot tar. Perhaps douse it in gasoline and flick a match at it. No. A steamroller. I should definitely run it over with a steamroller.”

This is how an awesome book from an awesome author begins….. Yep! It totally made me want to read some more!
At page 7 I was determined I needed more…. Humor, suspense and sexual tension, all in the perfect analogy!!
“Is it supposed to be that big?”
Oh yeah! It was definitely a good choice of a book!!!
It’
Anna Salamatin
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was totally captivated from the very start of this fast paced, incredibly funny story! A 3:45 am phone call from a demigod named Crixus telling the good doctor that they are going to save the world, is a darn good indication of things to come!
Add a hit man named Liam who works for a Las Vegas casino owner named Stefano Fathead, Cupid who is love sick himself and not doing his job, Psyche and her Pegasus and we have a recipe for an Unbelievable side splitting adventure!
This cast of entertaining
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
5 arrow shots

Finally took a plunge into this series. I loved the quirky characters, fast paced story line, and absolutely scorching chemistry. Can’t wait for more!
Mikki Helmer
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe how funny this book is! St. Aubin is on my automatic buy list.
L.A. Williams
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Unlovable is a fast, fun ride! It blows your hair back, makes you gasp and laugh, and leaves you wanting more...

Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Ph.D Psy.D - is a pretty, analytical, mentally moderate virgin. Her orderly day has a sudden hitch in its giddy-up when the sexy demi-god Crixus, (who so arrogantly freaked her out the night before) suddenly tosses a winged baby into her office - demanding she fix the cherubic love god's broken heart.

Before much progress can be made, the good lady doctor finds her
Kelli
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nobody enjoys a great dream interrupted least of all Dr. Matilda Schmidt. Little did she realize that sexy voice that woke her informing her she would save the world would lead to such chaos!
What's a Dr to do when Cupid lands in her office on his naked little butt, feathers all ruffled thanks to demigod Crixus AKA Mr Sexy Voice dumping him out of a backpack but to try and do her job . Which leads to her goldfish in a cup thanks to a Vegas hitman and a cross-country ride to Vegas. With Cupid as
Tarri
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I was in college I took a class on the essentials of writing. The professor (and the writing lab) stressed that the opening sentence had to draw the reader in and make them want to continue reading. I never really mastered that skill, but Cynthia St. Aubin certainly did. From the opening paragraph, the reader knows that what they are going to read is going to entertain.

Unlovable is in a class by itself, in that it is not like anything I have read before. It's kind of like an R rated Charmed
Keri
A Demigod, a hit man and Cupid walk into a bar...lol...no actually they walk into Dr. Matilda Schmidt's office. So begins the cute cozy of la vida loca of Psychiatrist Dr. Matilda Schmidt. First Crixus, a Demigod and Zeus's son comes in Matilida's office demanding that she fix Cupid. He has lost his edge and refusing to make anyone fall in love. Cupid has been on a bender and no longer believes in love. During the process, Liam that hunky hit man kidnaps Matilda for a Vegas mob boss called Steph ...more
Conny
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a gift from the Author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was unable to sleep and figured I just glance at the book until I get sleepy, well I found the book so entertaining and funny that I ended up reading way later than I intended. I loved the characters, the steamy romance and the witty dialog along with a great plot with a new spin on the paranormal. I cannot wait until the next book comes out. Cynthia St Aubin has a new fan in me and I hope to read many more of her books in ...more
Dawn Frazier
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this, and boy was I in for a surprise! I absolutely loved this book, I love the main character Matilda, she is hilarious! And I can't decide which of her men I love more, the gorgeous demigod, or the very sexy hit man. Sigh. As soon as I finished this, I immediately started the second book, then went to Amazon and bought the entire series! If you like a fun, sexy, and hilarious romance, then try this series!
Louisa
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great read with a good mixture of comedy and romance.

Cupid is cheesed off, he as been unlucky in love and so feels the rest of the world should suffer as well. Demigod Crixus has decided that Matilda Schmidt is the Phychologist to help Cupid out and get love back in the world . She also has to cope with a case of mistaken identity and sexy vegas hit.

I read this in one sitting and have already brought her next two books.
Neilliza Swaffar
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and quick read. I didn't know what to expect when I decided to read this book, but I'm glad I did. It was different, lots of fun and oh so sexy. I can't wait to read book 2, I am hoping Liam will make another appearance.
Jennifer Giles Hinojosa
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This story was funny and witty. The characters were really easy to like and the steamy scenes were great. I can't wait to see even more great characters in upcoming stories.
☆Jamie☆
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
This is my first book by Cynthia St. Aubin and a fairly quick read. It was a sweet, funny take on the paranormal and Greek mythology.

Summary:
Dr. Matilda Schmidt is proud of where her life is going. Especially after the childhood she survived. She’s running a respectable, successful psychological practice right up until a sexy demigod busts into her office and drops a lovesick Cupid in her lap with instructions to fix him. Getting past the fact that she isn’t in fact, having a nervous break and h
Tracy T.
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(Audible review)

So this book is both funny at times and cheesy at times. The best part of this book was Cupid! He was hilarious. I am glad it wasn't a very long book.

Even though this is the written in the first person it wasn't full internal blah blah blah nonsense.

As for the narration it was pretty good. Hollie Jackson did a decent job on the male voices.
Angela
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What? I’m not sure what I just read. The story is a jumble. There’s no flow. There’s a gratuitous sex scene, a demi god, Cupid, a mob boss, and a case of mistaken identity. Completely lost
Erin Kelly
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So cute! Funny and hot.
Juliana Philippa
Read this novella quickly on the flight from DC to Boston. This series has 7 books in it and the others all have very high ratings, above 4.0 I believe, and while this one doesn't quite meet that bar, the average rating is still very high. I don't know if I'm missing something or what, but I didn't find it that astounding.

Matilda is a fun heroine and the story definitely provided laughs and some sizzling chemistry. I was taken by surprise at the cliffhanger ending and the emerging love triangle
Theodora Catalina
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
My thoughts (Theo): “Unlovable” is a nice short story about laughing so hard that it might get hard to breathe. The characters have their own journey to show you, but their lines are so funny sometimes that you forget you were supposed to keep a side and just dive in and laugh right along them.

Matilda is your usual psychologist: hard to get, literally a V girl and someone not ready to crack a smile once in a while. She is solemnly focused on her job and only her job, forgetting how beautiful li
Tina Williams
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just what the doctor ordered!

Unlovable is the first instalment of The Case Files of Dr Matilda Schmidt Paranormal Psychologist, other instalments of which are available and include Unlucky, Unhoppy and Unbearable.

I recently read in the press that medical professionals are being encouraged to prescribe books to their patients, alongside or instead of conventional prescriptions. Well, if you are in need of a tonic, Cynthia St. Aubin’s rollicking, panty-wetting read Unlovable, is just what the good
JadeShea
Unlovable begins with Matilda Schmidt having her first patient of the day. she thinks it will be like every other day, until bang! The door opens and in walks a demigod man saying she has to help save Cupid, literally are there will be danger to the world. To add insult to injury, Matilda then gets kidnapped by a hitman saying she owes money to a the mob in Las Vegas. All the while she's just trying to figure out what the heck is going on...

This story was hilarious. I went into this story a lit
Jacque Stengel
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was in one of those face book parties where we are all trying to win stuff and support either a new author or congratulate a new release. This author was one of the giver away of things...and while I didn't win what she was givin'....I loved how she came across the page. I was trying to dry my eyes from the tears that were flowing down my cheek after that party and decided she has to be someone to go check out and see if she is as good in her books as she is in true life.

I was not disappointed
Reesa
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlovable: The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #1

by Cynthia St. Aubin
Great read! The receptionist is girly and loves pink just like I do. The good Doctor and I both have degrees in psychology. Of course those are not the only reasons I liked the book.
The concept of immortals needing therapy is a great and original idea. The story flow was steady and true throughout the story. The grammar and spelling were correct and didn’t cause me to stop, which really can turn me of
Nadine
May 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-review
Thank you to Redcoat PR and Netgalley for a free digital copy of this book.

Matilda, a virginal psychiatrist, gets a new appointment tossed at her. Literally. Demigod Crixus throws a depressed Cupid at her feet telling her to perform therapy on him. Those aren't the only unexpected walk-ins that day as soon after a hit-man enters and takes both Matilda and Cupid with him.

I liked a lot about this book. Some bits were hilarious and the story so weird that you can only shake your head with a grin on
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Shiver (Romance on the Edge, #3)
  • Beginnings (Brady Trilogy, #1)
  • Meat
  • Damned  (The Pirate, #1)
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • Night of the Fae (Ana Martin series, #1)
  • Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)
  • Muse
  • Breaking the Seventh
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • A Righteous Kill (The Shakespearean Suspense, #1)
  • Royal Affair (Royal Scandal, #1)
  • Incandescent
  • For Adriano (Chicago Syndicate, #3)
USA Today bestselling author Cynthia St. Aubin wrote her first play at age eight and made her brothers perform it for the admission price of gum wrappers. A steal, considering she provided the wrappers in advance. Though her early work debuted to mixed reviews, she never quite gave up on the writing thing, even while earning a mostly useless master's degree in art history and taking her turn as a ...more

The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist (7 books)
  • Unlucky (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #2)
  • Unhoppy (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #3)
  • Unbearable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #4)
  • Unassailable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #5)
  • Undeadly (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #6)
  • Unexpecting (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #7)