Start by marking “Something Smells Like Pee” as Want to Read:
Something Smells Like Pee

Something Smells Like Pee

Humorist/writer/sketch artist Blythe Jewell offers a quirky selection of humor poems and illustrations about everything from being a mom to finding hair in all the wrong places. Random, insane, potty-mouthed and sometimes sweet, it's a collection that will leave you laughing, crying and nodding in agreement... sometimes all at once.

More than 60 titles include:

- Hair in My
Published February 4th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Something Smells Like Pee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Smells Like Pee

Start your review of Something Smells Like Pee
Peyton Price
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What I thought before reading a word of this book: Oh, great. Mom poetry. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Yes, it’s poetry. Yes, it’s for moms. But it’s also wicked, and wickedly accurate. It’s charming, but shocking. It’s cold, but warm. It’s uplifting, but heartbreaking. It’s Shel Silverstein, but for moms only. It’s just what you need after a horrible meeting, when the water heater goes, or when you feel invisible or unappreciated or misunderstood. It’s a battle cry. It’s Mom poetry!
Blythe Jewell
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dear lord, who wrote this brilliance? I can't imagine being so smart and witty and wonderful.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.
Tiffany
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Something Smells Like Pee by Blythe E. Jewell is a collection of hilariously funny and relatable poems about life. Seriously, I think she came over to my house and observed my life for a week. I have my own stalker! Who knew? I have searched the house for the smell of pee before, she has described my husband exactly, we must have been in the same row of traffic, and I want to pop off the head of the perfect perky mom too!

If you'd like to understand what I am talking about, you must read her coll
Brad
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from goodreads and it came in the mail yesterday.

I was not really sure what to expect. I am not a huge fan of poetry (although I enjoyed Shel Silverstein when I was younger) but the title of the book and the poems listed definitely grabbed my attention. I have to say I am SO glad I won this book. I read the first poem and was hooked from there! I just sat in my chair, smiling and laughing as I read through all of the poems. I kept stopping to show them to my wife because I felt
Bethany
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Something Smells Like Pee had me giggling over little things that happen everyday in my life too. I couldn't help but share with family and friends some of my favorite parts. Though I'm not a mother and not in the situation as some of the poems I can slightly relate with the memories of my nephew at that age. I really enjoyed this book and I am so greatful I won the Goodreads firstreads giveaway for the book(: Something Smells Like Pee by Blythe E. Jewell ...more
Shubhi Agarwal
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
It is as eccentric as its title. Got its Kindle version for free from Amazon. A collection of silly poems on every possible scenario in life, that makes you want to hold on to your seats lest you fall laughing. I mean, few of them were such that I wondered how could someone even come up with stuff like that..
Crazy, and needs to be read when you wish to break monotony and give your mind some rest...
Tara Jo
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is some funny stuff...while I don't typically read 'poetry' I figured d I would give it a chance. So many of the pieces would speak to REAL people, especially parents or those who may spend time around kids. Loved it!
Beth
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
It was amusing but I think my expectations were too high as a result of all the glowing reviews. I’m not too keen on poetry to begin with but if/when I read it, it should be full of swears and about crazy things kids do or shit that happens at work.
Christi
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book as a funny Christmas gift to my husband on a whim bc currently our house smells like pee thanks to my kids and puppy. It might be the best Christmas of the day! We all sat around reading and re-reading all day (and still are 2 weeks later. We were instantaneously going from hysterical laughter to flat out sobs and tears. When we looked up the author's reflections on the book and the award it received we were even more deeply moved by it. I have since bought the book for my bro ...more
Roberta
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm not much of a poetry reader, but I loved this little book of poetry! It spoke to me, and I identified with so many of the subjects. My poor husband was trying to go to sleep, and I kept waking him up to read tidbits to him and giggle.

I recommend this one to anyone who has angst, but can see the humor in one's day-to-day hassles.

My thanks to Goodreads and to Blythe E. Jewell for winning this book.
Raechel Clary
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, Something Smells Like Pee is a book that meets expectations and then excels beyond them. This quirky, humour-ridden bundle of joy tells you its purpose and then slaps you in the face with its phenomenal completion of that task. As I made my way through this gut-wretching book, I realized one thing: Life is to be laughed at and enjoyed to the fullest extent. If one will only buy this book, one will learn that it is well worth the purchase.
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Won this through a giveaway and oh man. From the title I was hopeful that it would be funny but didn't expect to relate to the subjects much as I'm not a mother. I think it was about halfway through the first poem that I realized I didn't need to have kids to be able to see the humor in them. I quickly read and then reread all 93 pages and I have to say I loved them all. I think my favorite was "Morning Radio" or maybe "Meeting Haiku: A Series", but really they were all amazing. I loved it.
Danica
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

I wasn't even half way through the acknowledgment before I was convinced the author could be one of my circle of friends. The poems were hilarious and the illustrations were adorable. I'd really have to wonder about your sense of humor if this book did not make you laugh out loud at least once.
Pamela
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to win an advanced copy of this book from goodreads.com. Such a great read! Who knew poetry could be so funny? I am more than a little jealous of the author's ability to not only write funny, but write funny poetry!
Morninglight Mama
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, nonfiction
Oh, how clever and funny these were. I'd liken it to Shel Silverstein for adults, especially moms. I laughed and I read several aloud to my husband (when children weren't within earshot, of course!). Fun stuff.
Mona
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
I expected something a little more with this read. It was just a few short poems and thoughts but I was looking for funny stories on parenting.
Andy
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just pick it up on kindle.

Read when you need a laugh.

All your problems are solved.
Jessica Lynn
Nov 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Just not my cup of tea. I didn't find the poetry particularly witty, didn't like the introduction, and overall just did not enjoy the book.
Stacy Teaghan
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh SO HARD! I am recommending it, love supporting local authors.
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
Review to come soon.
David Wooten
Feb 26, 2014
Tammielyn
Aug 04, 2014
James Lynam
rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2014
Stacie
Jul 23, 2016
Darth
Jul 01, 2015
Blythe Jewell is a freelance writer and editor who writes brilliant things randomly for no reason at all, but then draws a complete blank when she's supposed to write something like this stupid bio. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband, son, pets and imaginary friends -- and despite what that picture over there might suggest, she does actually have FIVE fingers on each hand.