Start by marking “Chrysoprase (Chalcedony Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Chrysoprase (Chalcedony Chronicles #2)

Chrysoprase

(Chalcedony Chronicles #2)

Mari had her time in the past and is finally home. Unfortunately, she didn’t understand the goddess’ warning that traveling to the past would have consequences. She could never have imagined what they would be, but she quickly finds out that not everything is the way she left it. Now Mari must learn how to time travel if she wants to put her life back into the order it was ...more
ebook
Published June 25th 2014 by Lexia Press

Start your review of Chrysoprase (Chalcedony Chronicles #2)
Bethany
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

As you all may know, I love love love B. Kristin McMichael. I believe that she is a brilliant writer, thinker, story teller, and just an astonishing human being. I mean jeez… not only does she write but she’s got a PhD in biology, not to mention young ones and a hubby to take care of. Sometimes I feel like I’m juggling the world and can’t handle it, so I can’t even fathom how she finds the time to write such beautiful, intelligent, swoonworthy books. I think that you should also know that I de
Sarez Tomoan
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow. Chrysoprase is the second installment in B.K's latest series and once again she has dazzled me with the depth of her talent. The twists she has added in the second book were fantastic and left me guessing with what she was going to throw at me next. Mari struggles to make everything right and keep all her loved ones together, only the Goddess seems to have a different idea and suddenly Mari finds herself relying on the last person she would have ever imagined counting on for help. But will ...more
Cheryl Duval
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

As Mari's story continues she is bound and determined to get Seth out of the past and back home. She is also worried about her mother because she has disappeared. She receives a significant gift from the goddess but she must master it to use it properly. Logan, her ex-boyfriend reenters her life and secrets about him are revealed and she must decide if she can trust him. More often then not, Mari makes impulsive deci
Rachel
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series, and this one did not disappoint me at all. Time travel was now exciting and enthralling with Mari as a protagonist. The characters were vividly portrayed and each had their own unique personality to love. Mari and Seth truly had a love that could span across time. I would highly recommend this book, it was a very refreshing read!
Theresa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mari returns back to her own time to find the both Seth and her mother are missing. Only Ty returned with her. As they try to figure out how to go back and rescue them they have to incorporate the help of an unexpected friend: Mari’s old boyfriend Logan.

The whole getting everyone back to the future and who goes with who thing is a mess and having Mari going off plan made it worse. But we do get a good look at how life was back in Egypt and the Middle East long ago.

Footnote: 1) I enjoyed research
Shelby Rollenhagen
I think it is important to start by pointing out that having not read the book prior to Chrysoprase in the series, my opinion is limited. Some series can be read out of order with limited issues, but this is not one of them. I was missing necessary information. Also, the first book most likely established some of the reader's investment in the protagonist. Therefore I started Chrysoprase without any prior investment or knowledge and was dropped into the middle of an ongoing story. That negativel ...more
Donna Jacoby
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The series is one that I don't want to put down. The characters are memorable and the story line is easy to follow--especially now that it doesn't need the set-up of a first-in-series. I find myself staying up later to see what happens! On to the next story!
Cheryl Dumais
Once again no conclusion

This story started out interesting but got far too convoluted. I will not be buying yet another to read for hours with no conclusion once again. That is just a ploy to sell more books. In addition to that the grammar and typos are very annoying.
Mary Bucklin
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating romance

One of those book series that is hard to put down and easy to keep reading from book one to two to three......
Melanie Sears
enjoyable time travel romance
Kim Bishop
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Chrysoprase, the story picks up where Carnelian left off. Mari just returned to her own time only to discover that the Goddess had sent her mother back to her own time, and Seth did not return with her to the present. I guess that rescue mission failed! #epicfail. Lets start from the beginning shall we...

Mari is an 18-year-old girl in her first year of college in MN. She meets and falls in love with Seth, aka the “Edward Cullen” of all guys, and learns that he is a time traveler. When Seth ha
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
After the final of the first book, I was excited and in a hurry with the idea of reading the continuation. Did Seth and Mari succeed? Did the things change in the present? What will it occur of their life with the incredible power of Mari? Will the goddess leave them alone? A lot of questions which need answers and which I had rather quickly in a crashing way. Seth could not return in the present with Mari, a present which is top-below, a complete chaos.

We takes again the things to zero with ne
Kim
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chrysoprase is the second novel in the Chalcedony Chronicles, a time travel saga that blends created time travel mythology with ancient history. This book was definitely my favorite of the two written thus far.

The mythology is much more developed in this book with much more significance given to it. There are a lot of twists and turns and unexpected moments in this book that truly change the course of the book. There are characters from the first book that play much more important roles now, whi
Angi Naerebout
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3-21-15 Another engaging installment! Not a 5, but getting there! This one was a little more sad due to the new circumstances. Mari irritated me a bit more in this one because she used less of her fabulous, logical brain. It seems like her smartness shorted out a bit because someone wasn't around to keep her sharp. I have a HUGE problem with the way she went along with Logan, BUT I found it in the acceptable range that she always kept him at a distance and was wary of him. But when she argued wi ...more
Danielle
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Read this review and more on my blog.

I received a free copy of Chrysoprase from the author for my honest opinion.

Chrysoprase is the second book in the Chalcedony Chronicles. Click here for my review of the first book, Carnelian.

Chrysoprase picks off basically where Carnelian ended. The prologue is very handy to catch you up to speed if you cannot fully remember the events of Carnelian (like myself).

The first few chapters of Chrysoprase deal with the consequences of time-travel, specifically with
Casia Courtier
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chrysoprase is the second book in the Chalcedony Crhonicles by B. Kristin McMichael. The first book, Carnelian, introduced us to Mari and the world of time traveling. In that review, I mentioned how there was no mention of time travel until the middle of the book. It basically made that book feel like it was trying to find something fast and this was the only way.

Chrysoprase, on the other hand, felt more thought out. We get more information on the act of time traveling, the world of the past, wh
Anna
***I was given this book in exchange for an honest review from the author.***

What the heck B. Kristin McMichael! How can you just leave me with this until the wintertime...I have so many questions I need answered!!!!!

Ugh, what a fantastic installment in this series, I love this book much more than the first!

There was so much action, so much time traveling, so much happening! And Logan, really? in gollum from the Hobbit's voice "Sneaky, sneaky".

I feel like B. Kristin set up a lot of potential gr
Ann Smith
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read a book like Chrysoprase, I remember exactly why I love series so much. The first book of this series was good, but this one is great! I love being able to get to know characters on a much deeper level than a standalone allows.

I also love time travel books, but unfortunately a lot of them get to be super confusing. I guess it is just the way it goes with such a confusing genre. One of the reasons I loved this series so much is because the timelines are handled so flawlessly. You are n
Teresa Vogt
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
How do you live in a modern world when everyone you love is in an ancient past?

This review is from: Chrysoprase (The Chalcedony Chronicles Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

B. Kristin McMichael leaves you in a ancient time and place, with her Character Mari is looking for her lost love, a lost Family member and at the whims of an old boyfriend that is proving he is not her friend. Will she and the Boys she came to know in her first semester in college be with her? Or has she lost them to time. Will the Go
Hope To Read
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute perfect follow-up to Book 1: Carnelian. In my opinion one of the most positive things about Book 2 is the increased level of historical time travel. Mari has made choices that lead her to make sacrifices. For me it was great to have more sci-fi (time travel) and more historical (ancient lands) local! Mari grows a lot in the book and author B. Kristen McMichael did a superb job allowing the character to try, fail, learn, lose. I'm still in love with the sub-characters <3. Serious book ...more
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the series. I didn't know how or where the author was going to take this book after the cliff hanger in book 1 (other than the obvious -- reunite with Seth somehow) but honestly it was better than I could of ever imagined. I liked the new addition of characters -- don't want to give anything away but B Kristin adds a new character that is sure to grab your interest!
We got to see more into the relationship of Mari with her mom, and of course deeper into Mari & Ty's friendship -- I love
Devon Moser
David Torres
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get Chrysoprase! And I am so glad i finally read it. Now I have a problem.... I have to wait until book 3 comes out :'(

The romance was electric and spicy, I loved it! The love Seth and Mari have is definitely once in a lifetime and very powerful.

The ending was unfortunately predictable, but I didn't mind. Regardless if I knew it was going to happen, it was still shocking. It really makes me hate Logan.

I really don't know what more to say about the book without spoiling any
Lolita Nettles
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one she thought she knew she really never knew

Mari is brave intelligent loyal and hard headed. But man the things she gets herself and others into is a testament of what you'll do for those you love. The book just gets deeper and deeper, while you will definitely be left wondering with. But trust once you start you won't be able to put it down and will be left eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next book just as I am.
Would definitely recommend this book.
SB Morales
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series. Time traveling has never been so much fun! Mari is on a mission to put her family back together and find the love of her life. Going back to Egypt is going to be dangerous but she is willing to risk anything for those she loves. The story is fun and exciting. It's full of mystery and suspense. The love triangle is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to read the next installment of the series.
Sherry
This book picks up where the first book left off. Mari is back in the future (now times), but travels from the first book have changed things. Mari decides she is going to once again time travel to set things right and to be with Seth. Of course there is more trouble, more questions, more action, more adventure, and just plain more fun. I enjoyed the second installment in this series.

I would recommend this to a friend.
Kelly
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I love the first two books in the Chalcedony Chronicles series. Mari keeps her loved ones together. A one big question mark will Mari and Seth get married from in the future or in the past? Guess I have to wait for the next book Gah!!! You do not want to miss out the first two books wink!!!
Savannah Eaddy
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book...I thought it was even better than the first one. I am going to to go nuts waiting to read the last one. I love the story behind Logan but I am team Seth all the way!!! This series is well written and researched. The characters are relatable and easy to fall in love with. There are no lulls in the story and each moment to the next is outstanding.
Clara
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young adult time travel romance.

Mari and Seth have more trouble ahead.

I was a little saddened to find that Seth and Mari are separated for most of this book, but I really enjoyed their reunion. There is the introduction of new Characters and you learn new things about existing characters.

The ending of this book is really good and again it is a must read to find out!
Christy
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better sequel!

I received the first book free for an honest review and liked it. This book was even better! I was hooked. I loved the storyline build up.....but I am always a , sucker for star crossed lovers!!!!

Clean easy read! Enjoyed the strong female lead. Great #2!

• The Surf of Time (Called by a Viking, #4)
  • Two Down, Bun to Go (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries, #3)
  • The Great Witchy Cake-Off (Wonky Inn #7)
  • The Mysterious Mr Wylie (Wonky Inn #6)
  • Weird Wedding at Wonky Inn (Wonky Inn #3)
  • The Ghosts of Wonky Inn (Wonky Inn #2)
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)
  • Highland Yearning (The Mackay Saga)
  • Mendelevski's Box: A heartwarming and heartbreaking Jewish survivor's journey
  • The Inside Man (Levi Yoder #2)
  • Impossible Dream (The Percy Place #1)
  • Camp Lake (Carson Chronicles, #5)
  • Time Change: A Time Travel Romance Novel
  • She Owns the Knight (A Knight's Tale #1)
  • The Advocate's Felony (The Advocate #6)
  • Music from Home
Originally from Wisconsin, B. Kristin currently resides in Ohio with her husband, three small children, and three cats. When not doing the mom thing of chasing kids, baking cookies, and playing outside, she is using her PhD in biology as a scientist. In her free time she is currently hard at work on multiple novels. Every day is a new writing adventure. She is a fan of all YA/NA fantasy and scienc ...more

Chalcedony Chronicles (4 books)
  • Carnelian (Chalcedony Chronicles, #1)
  • Aventurine (Chalcedony Chronicles #3)
  • Chrysocolla (Chalcedony Chronicles #4)