Pitch Perfect: How to Say It Right the First Time, Every Time
Media guru and Emmy Award-winning correspondent Bill McGowan—coach to some of the biggest names in business and entertainment, including Eli Manning, Kelly Clarkson, Jack Welch, Thomas Keller and Kenneth Cole teaches you how to get your message across and get what you want with pitch perfect communication. He is also a trusted advisor in the C-suites of tech companies lik...more
Headline principle: start with best material
Scorsese Principle: Hold your audience's attention with visual images.
No-Tailgating Principle: Avoid verbal fender-benders and career-wrecking moments by maintaining a safe talking distance.
The Pasta-Sauce Principle: avoid boredom by boiling down message, making it as rich and brief as possible.
Conviction principle: convey certainly with body language and voice
Curiosity principle: display genuine interest
Draper principle ...more
But the book is really difficult to follow; the visual structure is not very well organised and I kept notes, but eventually I gave up, since it looked messy and a lot of times I couldn’t find elemental principle of the thing tha ...more
I cannot recommend this book enough!
Whether you are trying to make a toast for a wedding or a eulogy at a funeral or ace a job interview or prepare for a tough conversation with your boss, PITCH PERFECT wi ...more
Here is video of Author which would summaries the contents of the book.
Quotes I liked from the book -
- Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk
I've noticed some reviewers say that they didn't enjoy the book because the author "bragged" too much and made the book "all about himself." I didn't see it that way. I thought McGowan was just trying to use stories to illustrate his points--a technique he actually teaches in the book--and personally enjoyed all his anecdotes and insight ...more
The seven principals are going up on a wall for me.
1. Headline - Get attention by starting with your best material
2. Scorsese - Hold attention with visuals that tell a story
3. Pasta Sauce - Boil down the message
4. No Tailgating - stop using filler
5. Conviction - Convey certainty
6. Curiosity - Maintain an engaged facial expression
7. Draper - Make sure the focus of the conversation plays to your strengths
- However good you are, don't think you can get by without preparation
- "Study Yourself": Getting accurate feedback is hard. He's big on taping his mentees and analyzing the recording with them. That sounds like my hell but I'm sold that this would be best approach to improving
- "I always tell clients that it’s the interviewers you’d like to go drinking with who should make you wariest."
I work in a startup alongside rule-breakers so some of the principles to be pitch PERFECT don't work there where people would rather be disorganised and authentic than polished and mechanical. Still a good book, got some very useful tips.
|لاهل اللغة العربية ، التقنيات نفسها ولكن بالعربية وما الذي يمكن تحسينه ؟||1||1||Apr 02, 2015 11:18PM|