Start by marking “Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)” as Want to Read:
Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)

Poster Boy

(Theta Alpha Gamma #5)

It's all fun and games until someone puts his heart out.

After being outed to his hockey team and then changing schools, Jock figures he’s due for something good—like the sex he missed out on in the closet. Toby, the hot grad student he meets at a frat party, seems like a great place to start, and their night together is an awesome introduction to the fine art of hooking up
Published April 21st 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published April 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Poster Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poster Boy

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book:

Let me explain.

I have enjoyed the Theta Alpha Gamma series. Tenino's books are always a nice blend of humor and steam. But this latest installment was a little clunky and awkward.

It doesn't quite work as a standalone; there is too big a focus on other couples in the series, and most of the background information about Jock, one of the MCs, was presented in book 3 (Collin's story).

There were funny bits in this book, but chunks of it read like a scripted sitcom. The side plot involvin
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm always the first to admit that I'm an Anne Tenino fan-girl. I have read nearly everything that she has written and love her blend of sweet and sexy. I do! Her stuff is light, silly, romantic, fun, and truthful. I really couldn't ask for more. However, this one... I struggled with it a bit.

My main issues with this book have nothing to do with the relationship between the MCs and everything to do with, well, everything else. The whole set up for this book- the TAG boys in Provence, the "beer
Vanessa North
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, this is the most romantic book Anne Tenino has written since Too Stupid to Live.

Second, it is far and away the best my favorite book in the TAG series.

The plot is full of silly frat boy antics that had me laughing so hard my son asked what was so funny, and we got to spend a lot of time with the TAG brothers.

The romance, from the very first meeting, was full of tension not entirely of the sexual variety. A lot of the conflict and the tension between the two main characters came from bein
Sandra
Anne Tenino's books never fail to make me giggle, and none more so than the TAG series. This was no different. Loved the antics and shenanigans, really liked the romance despite Jock being a bit of an ass for a lot of it.

Full review on Booklikes and my blog.
Chris, the Dalek King
“Seriously, you have to keep an eye on these guys. The potential for asshattery among them is exponential. You can’t imagine.”

Well…if that doesn’t sum up the boys from Theta Alpha Gamma, I don’t know what does.

Toby is not a TAG. He’s a history grad student, trying to finish his master’s thesis. Well, if your definition of trying involves pointedly not thinking about/writing it and generally ignoring all approaching deadlines. And there is nothing better to fuel procrastination than falling smi
Jenni Lea
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
SQUEE!!
Maygirl7
Reread 2/20/16. After forgetting I already read it. It was a strange experience reading this the second time. It took a while to realize I read it before. I could remember where the story was going but not how it got there. I think I skimmed it the first time and this time actually slowed down enough this time to actually read. Much better the second time. The second part in France is a lot better than when they were at Calapooya. Though the stupid frat boy antics are getting tired. Time to move ...more
Tina
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Poster Boy is the fifth book in the Theta Alpha Gamma series from Anne Tenino. TAG is a fraternity with an open door policy for gay members. We kind of met Jock close to the end of the third book, Sweet Young Thang when his brother, who is a member of TAG, mentioned that Jock had been outed to his hockey team and was leaving his current college to come live with them at the temporary TAG house. The original TAG house was blown up in Sweet Young Thang. What can I say, it’s an exciting series!
Jock
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This story just didn't hit any buttons for me. I didn't connect to the story, though I should have because I've been following these frat boys through four previous books. But this time, with the far-fetched beer terrorism topic, no, just no. The chemistry wasn't there for me, and even the chemistry with the MCs, though sometimes it seemed on, more often I didn't feel like they were truly a couple, both emotionally and spiritually.

Jock returns as the hockey player who achieved notoriety when th
Bitchie
My least favorite in this series so far. It wasn't BAD, it just took me way too long to warm up to Jock, and I thought the beer terrorist thing took up way too much time.

I didn't really get Jock and his issues. He wanted to be out, to the point that he let someone take a picture of him in a compromising position, but then he spent so much time NOT wanting to be seen doing anything "Gay", it just confused me. Avoiding the media and all the attention that came after the picture was out, I got that
Shirley Frances
Rumor is that this is the last book in the Theta Alpha Gamma series and if so, I'm sad to have it end. But what a way to go--I loved it!

There were many things I was curious about when I finished Good Boy , the previous book in the series. I wanted to know more about Jock and was looking forward to who was going to be paired up next. However, I didn't think Jock's story would be the next one nor that he would be paired with Toby, so you could say that I was surprised when I found out it was.

Once
Serena Yates
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This fifth volume set in the world of the TAG frat boys was just as funny yet touching as the first four. It is the story of Jock, Tank’s little brother who got kicked off his hockey team when someone outed him, and Toby, a grad student who was a secondary character in some of the previous books. The two of them certainly have their issues cut out for them, both individually and as a couple. Add the setting of the sometimes hilariously ridiculous world that is TAG, and complications and drama ar ...more
Rachel
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt-themes, fluff
Okay, Anne Tenino is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. For some reason, her writing, stories, characters, something, makes me overlook the things that usually irritate me.

Poster Boy is the fourth installment in the TAG series. This is Jock and Toby's story. I was really excited to read about Jock. I liked him a lot from the previous book. However, while I did enjoy reading, this one did not quite live up to my expectations. So far, this is probably my least favorite of the series.

The plot requi
I liked this book (for the most part), but not as much as the other books in the series. I had been interested in both Jock and Toby for much of the TAG series and was excited to see them fall in love with each other. While I enjoyed the courtship element, I became a little bored about halfway through their story. I'm not sure if it was the change of setting from the college campus to Provence, but I found myself losing interest in the story and this couple. I did find the other frat boys like D ...more
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed and one I imagine I'll re read. There two of her other books I re read, kinda like a comfort read. While there were elements that felt a little clunky and awkward, for the most part I loved the writing and particularly the characterisation of Jock. It is important to note I do have a love of bara comics, and he reminded me so much of the burly pec tastic guys. Kinda growly and surly too. Loved it!

I think the author ticks all the right boxes for me.
Re read August 2014. Liked.
AliciaJ
My favorite in this series will always be Frat Boy and Toppy, but this one is a damn close second! I laughed so hard I nearly fell over. Those fratboys are just too damn funny. As for Jock and Toby, they were perfect. I was totally caught up in their developing relationship and the struggles they worked through. I'm bummed that this is the final story though. I was hoping we'd get a story for Noah too.

Becky Condit
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tootsie reviews Poster Boy by Anne Tenino

REVIEW: Want a fun and enjoyable read? That’s what you will get with Anne Tenino’s newest release in the Theta Alpha Gamma series, Poster Boy. For those of you not familiar with the series, this is the fifth book, in the line-up. I don’t think it is mandatory that you read every book, in the series, to get the full enjoyment of this one. However, there is an incredible back story that leads up to this one, with lots
Therese
*3.5*

Oh la la, eez that la baguette I see? Yes indeed!
Wow, the frat boys take a trip to France, and yes, it is exactly as hysterical as one could possibly imagine…
I was laughing out loud at many occasions, some maybe not as appropriate as others… (view spoiler)
Anne Dirty Girls' Good Books
Jock (yes, that's his name) has recently transferred to Calapooya (college) after being horrifically outed as gay and kicked off the hockey team. His big brother, Tank is a member of the Theta Alpha Gamma (TAG) fraternity and Jock becomes a member, too. He's still feeling a lot of anger and shame about how things went down at his previous college, and he's also feeling a little lost about being openly gay. However, he's looking forward to getting the hang of this hooking up thing now that he's n ...more
Shirley
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received Poster Boy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have to admit that I’m kind of sad about finishing this book. I’ve kind of enjoyed my time with these Theta Alpha Gamma boys since they were first introduced in Frat Boy & Toppy. Anne Tenino’s characters are smart, funny and so much more than I expected. It’s bittersweet saying goodbye to them in the last book in the series, but I have to admit, she couldn’t have ended on a better note than Poster Boy.

Toby has been around sin
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julia ♥Duncan♥ by: Michelle *mke*
I'm not squeeing with joy over this quite as much as I did over Frat Boy and Toppy or Sweet Young Thang, but it still brought a big smile to my face. As usual with this series, I found it lighthearted, adorable, and hilarious. Toby and Jock were super cute together. There's lots of warm fuzzies and sweetness of the kind that might give you a toothache if you're prone to them. I love happy books so this was right up my alley.

I didn't love the beer terrorists plot and some of the other side plots
Romancing the Book
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, m-m
Reviewed by Marissa
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Poster Boy is the fifth in the TAG (Theta Alpha Gamma) series – if you include the short freebie Good Boy. I love that Toby, former roommate to Sebastian, got his own romance. In the first book (Frat Boy and Toppy), Toby came off as one of those people that just blends into their surroundings – not much to him other than being Sebastian’s roommate. By Poster Boy, he’s come into his own and h
dbbks3
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Do not read this if you have not read others in series.

I enjoyed this book but something kept me from loving it. I did not laugh as much with this one as I have the others. The antics in France seemed off and not off in a good way.

I like Toby. He had a great amount of patience with the fratboys and with Jock. I would have liked to have been shown (not told) more of his relationship with his family. Why does he feel so compelled to complete his MA? I wanted more of his relationship with his twin
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Don’t let it ever be said that the boy of TAG won’t keep you laughing. That is one of the many things I have loved about Anne Tenino’s Theta Alpha Gamma series. Poster Boy begins towards the end of Sweet Young Thang and a few of the Good Boy happenings are mentioned at the beginning of Poster Boy. That being said I think one could easily pick up this book without having rea d the others in the series and not be confused.
Jock is the newest TAG member. Overall he is just feeling kind of meh over
Paisley
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having read all of the other books in the “Theta Alpha Gamma” series I was very excited when I heard that Poster Boy was being released. I couldn’t wait to read about what those TAG boys would get into next.

Read my more extended review at Prism Book Alliance

I think that readers need to have read some of the other books in this series to fully appreciate all of the characters and their hijinks. There are some established couples as well as some crazy story-lines that really need explain
Alisa
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
The magic was back for me in this book. I loved book one Frat Boy & Toppy and their follow up novella but books 2 & 3 were just ok for me. This one though was almost as good as the first one. I loved Toby and Jock together. I loved the slow burn of their relationship and the time and talking that went into Jock's issues with bottoming. I thought they were both sweet and hot together. The frat boys are really idiots but I couldn't help but laugh at much of what they did. As Toby said "Pla ...more
Pjm12
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy Toby and Jock's story. I thought Jock's worries about (view spoiler) were reasonable given his immaturity and up-bringing. I thought the discussions he and Toby had on it showed honesty eventually!!

The trip to France was a nice change. The fratbros were simultaneously annoying and hysterical. I liked the backstory with Noah and Turbo, but I wasn't sure what to make of Danny's plotime.

Great scenes with Brad and Sebastian, little bit of Collin (although I we
Cindi
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice addition to the Theta Alpha Gamma series. I have adored Toby since way back when, so it was really nice to see him finally find his man. I look forward to the next in the series.

Full review can be found at -
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

I LOVE the cover. :)

This book was provided by the publisher, Riptide Publishing, in exchange for a fair and honest review.
clear skies
This series just irks me. The whole fraternity angle could have been interesting, but instead it's this stupid slapstick comedy that is cringe worthy.

The "fratbros" are so stupid I'm slightly offended in the caricature way they're written.

I liked Jock developed and interesting but it became less about him as a person, and more about his issues about sex. Toby was okay but alas not very memorable.

I found myself morbidly more interested in Noah and his obsession with Turbo.

Riptide will keep publi
Wicked
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I have now read the whole series and I really wanted to like it more than I actually did. I should say that the writing is solid enough, and my problems with it are strictly personal preference. I liked some of the characters but others I couldn't stand. Unfortunately, most of the time that was one MC or another. In this particular book my problem was Jock. He had potential in the other books but in this one, I wanted Toby to find someone else to be with. Even at the end I wasn't convinced that ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • After the Fall (Tucker Springs, #6)
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • It's All Geek to Me
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Saugatuck Summer (Saugatuck, #1)
  • When to Hold Them (Bluewater Bay, #9)
  • Long the Mile
  • Deep in the Count
Catalyzed by her discovery of LGBTQ romance, Anne Tenino left the lucrative fields of art history, non-profit fundraising, and domestic engineering (in that order) to follow her dream of become a starving romance author. For good or ill, her snarky, silly, quasi-British sense of humor came along for the ride.

Anne applies her particular blend of romance, comedy, and gay protagonists to contemporary

Theta Alpha Gamma (5 books)
  • Frat Boy and Toppy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #1)
  • Love, Hypothetically (Theta Alpha Gamma, #2)
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)