Start by marking “Jumping to Confusions” as Want to Read:
Jumping to Confusions

Jumping to Confusions

A brilliantly funny tale of romantic confusion!

Cat is fat and boring - or so she thinks. Her mum is a stick insect and so is her twin sister Tessa - a bit of a spoilt brat who can get any boy she wants. There's a new arrival in their town from the USA - Josh, the son of their dad's boss. He's gorgeous so Tessa is keen and Cat knows she doesn't have a chance... But Josh see
Published May 1st 2010 by Transworld Publishers (first published June 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Jumping to Confusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jumping to Confusions

Jess - The Tales Compendium
A typical teen novel with plenty of romantic sub-plots, romantic confusions, underlying family problems, characters you want to slap in the face, guys you fall in love with and a main character totally clueless but loveable. This is a funny read for teenage girls everywhere. Oh and I love how it is set in Scotland.
Hanna
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing I read it in 2 days and would’ve read it faster if I could! Funny and brilliant especially if you’re Scottish and understand everything she’s saying but I suspect it would be even better if you weren’t and were completely olbivious😂
Theresa
Sep 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A girl named Cat lives with her perfect mother and perfect sister. Both beautiful and slim and gorgeous. Her twin sister Tessa is popular, no doubt, and her mother happily married and charming, but what exactly does Cat have? A boring life and a few pounds too much? That is what she thinks. Everything is turned in her point of View when Josh, her father’s bosses son, come from the U.S to England. Josh, also perfect and good looking, isn’t interested in Tessa though, although any guy would fall f ...more
Patricia
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I think it was a nice book, the timing was sort of difficult since I am enduring a really hard time but as I needed something light I was glad to see that I laughed out loud a few times because some scenes were hilarious, making me laugh these days is a very difficult task so...

I think it took way to long to finally pick up the pace of proper romance, just the last couple of pages and I find it quite annoying not being able to enjoy the happiness for a little bit longer ;)

To finish up, I think C
Hannah Reed
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I first read this a long long time ago back when I was still in high school and I absolutely adored it, it taught me things like the pencil test and was probably one of my first encounters of a book that even mentioned the word 'gay'. I recently marked my favourite parts and so whenever I want to revisit my high school self I go and read the best parts of this book. It's one of those books where you know more than the protagonist, but it's fun because you spend the entire experience of reading e ...more
Resident Optimist
Jul 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Resident Optimist by: me =)
Jumping to confusions is absolutely rightly named. As the title says, there was a lot of confusion, but not on the readers part. I was practically groaning as the main character made her mistakes and eventually embarassing herself. The story is based around a guy who comes over from the USA with his parents. There are two sisters, the main character and her oh-so-pretty sister Tess. The heroine thinks boys would only fall for her sister and is confused as to why this boy hasn't. This draws her t ...more
Amenah
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Liz Rettig.It's a very relatable book; the plain girl, slightly curvy and insecure.She's been in the shadow of her twin all her life. When a very handsome young man makes an appearance in her life, it's natural for her to assume that he's not good enough for her.
We've all been there; doubting ourselves, having secret wild fantasies and a craving for chocolate.
It's a fun, light read and ofcourse-there are lots of confusions!
Annie Clark
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, chic-lit
This is a great, light-hearted, funny book. It is so funny and such a easy read. Josh is cute and adorable, while Cat is relatable and modest. At some points I actually was crying with laughter it was so funny! I love the fairy-tale finish and how Cat finally got her happy ending. A good book I would read if I needed cheering up!
Shivani
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who enjoys love story books
Recommended to Shivani by: No one, found it at the school library
I love this book! :D

::update (2016)::
I'm looking back at this book and I can see just how young I once was. Now, my perception has changed and I'd have to change my rating of this book from a 5 to a 3.
Nicole
Mar 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
Read this for a Theme month from a book blog, and it's horrible. The kind of thing that turned me off YA before I read David Levithan. The plot is sluggish, characterisation one-dimensional. It was a pain to finish, and the pace only picked up in the last 15 pages.
Evelyn B.
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read with a perfect title, because that's exactly what the main character, 16-year-old Cat, does. She jumps to conclusions about the romantic interests of several people and it definitely leads to confusions. I thought it was humorous and well-written.
Nora
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
God, I totally fell in love with this book. It was so funny, so girly and so not supernatural. I guess it is one of my favorite books of this year :)
Lily Jacobs
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
this book is awesome!!! I really enjoyed reading it and I would read it again
Amanda
May 18, 2010 added it
it is brilliant!!!
Caitlin Mosterd
Heerlijk vermakelijk.
Anastasia
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english-books
Couldn't stop reading that book !!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Emily
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME
Celine
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This book has humour, romance and well just plain, old reality with ofcourse abit of a twist. Its an easy and quick read.
Voracious
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5. Quite sweet,but the heroine is almost embarrassingly naive.
Z.
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: physical-copy
One of the funniest things I ever read as a 14 year old. Brings back so many memories. Good times.
Rahma
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book when I was younger, it was hilarious and interesting.
Ela
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
A great, light read. Four stars :)
emmma lozza
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
my friend lent it me and i found it very funny! couldn't put it down for weeks hilarious author great book
Shelleyd
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
a fast read- but main character not exactly believable. I did have to read until the end, tho.
Freckles
Great funny book. I just love all Liz Rettig's books :)
Issy
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
She's sooo funny
annejude
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Překvapivě dobrý. Opravdu vtipný. Správně uvolňující.
Přesně to, co člověk potřebuje týden před koncem prázdnin a začátkem školy.
Mariya Kamran
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved Loved Loved it, especially Josh. Would like to own a copy!!
Santhiya
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my favourites! Re-read this this summer <3
Ty Morgan
Apr 21, 2013

• Something to Blog About
  • The Meaning of Life (Rachel Riley, #3)
  • Leaving Poppy
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • Keeping it Real (Diary of a Chav, #6)
  • Jealous Girl (Secrets at St Jude's, #2)
  • PinkMuffin@BerryBlue. Betreff: IrrLäufer (PinkMuffin@BerryBlue, #1)
  • Big Fat Liar ~Book 2~ (Big Fat Liar, #2)
  • The Rose Queen (Missing Persons, #1)
  • French Kiss (Diary of a Crush, #1)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
  • Džínsový denník 2 (Džínsový denník, #2)
  • Beads, Boys and Bangles (Threads, #2)
  • Love Songs
  • Kissing the Boss (Fairy Tale Quartet, #2)
My name is Liz Rettig and I am an author. Luckily I had an unhappy childhood, an angst ridden adolescence, and my adult years have been characterised by an almost unremitting catalogue of failures. The ideal background then to nurture an author's talent. I write funny romantic novels mainly for teens but loads of adults read them so they can look back and laugh (or cringe). You can find out more a ...more