Start by marking “Unrequited (Chaos Factor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unrequited (Chaos Factor, #1)

Unrequited

(Chaos Factor Series #1)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Kaliope James had heard the tales of Axel the Black and his nefarious crew. His name struck fear in the hearts of men, both good and evil. She never dreamed that she’d meet him face to face as he traded his own airship to save her life…

Chaos Factor Series, Book 1
Published February 14th 2014 by Star-Crossed Press

To ask other readers questions about Unrequited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unrequited

Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kali is a second-string opera singer, happily involved with her life on the stage. Axel the Black is a pirate of the air, a free spirit whose way of life does not afford him the luxury of another’s love. Two more opposite souls couldn’t possibly exist.
Yet here they are, thrown together through the actions of a cruel and greedy ship’s captain. From two different worlds, they have to rely on each other’s abilities, and learn mutual trust in a very short time.
A daring escape and a fight for freedom
Renea Mason
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elle Clouse's Unrequited is a romantic steampunk tale and even though short, doesn't lack for action, romance and vivid imagery. This promising start leaves you eager to find what else she has up her sleeve.
Jada Ryker
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Action-Packed Short Story

Opera singer Kali James is kidnapped from her dressing room by a disreputable pirate. Kali is shocked when the pirate barters her life for Axel Black's famous airship, The Raven.

"Axel Black was tall and dark like the tales said, but it was more than his long hair and weathered trench coat. He radiated darkness and danger from his eye patch to his steel tipped boots. Black wasn’t just a title, it was part of his being. When his eye met hers, she looked into the soul of a
Aubrey Wynne
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unrequited is an entertaining and easy read by Elle Clouse. The heroine, Kali, is an opera singer kidnapped by pirates. They are hoping to use her as bait to lure the infamous Axel the Black. When the dark and sexy Axel appears, sparks fly between the two. Great action, fun secondary characters and the must have HEA. If you need a distraction and enjoy steam punk, this should be right up your alley.
Jessica Dubridge
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The beautiful opera singer Kali James and dashing yet dangerous air pirate Axel Black are brought together through trickery and intrigue in Elle Clouse’s steampunk romance Unrequited. This fast paced short is full of stunning imagery and masterful prose. How will Kali handle the situation she finds herself thrust into? And after meeting the infamous Axel, will he prove to be handsome hero or dastardly captor. Find out by reading Unrequited!

Five out of Five stars
Melonie Morningstar
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Only thing wrong with this story is that it left you wanting more. I can't wait for another amazing story.
Ishabelle Torry
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unrequited is a cute short story featuring an opera singer named Kali, who captures the interest of a notorious pirate, Axel. Kali becomes bait for Axel when his archenemy takes her hostage for revenge, and to steel Axel's airship. Short and sweet, and loaded with action, this tale by Elle Clouse is a quick fun read guaranteed to leave you content. Note: This story has a part two, which cleverly, tells the same story, but from Axel's POV! Genius!
Victoria
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short and sweet story. This fun steampunk romance will quickly grab your attention with its non-stop action. I would love to see the author expand on the backstory of Axel & Beltran's ongoing feud or write future plots engaging all characters in other adventures.
Brittany Goodman
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good...

This is a good story but I wanted more. It was just too short. Despite being short, the action was nonstop and the romance and language clean. Definitely worth reading.
I received this book free from one of the book subscription emails.
Nicole
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
This story of unrequited love is an entertaining little read. There is a lot of action packed in these pages and the scene is quite vividly set, leaving you wanting to know more.
Tami
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: clouse-elle
A very short story. Steampunk is still new to me. I couldn't get into this.
Kim Bishop
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Kali James is a opera singer who is about to become an unsuspecting kidnap victim of some wild and crazy pirate shit. She has no idea of the who's and why but ends up having the adventure of a life time!

We have two bad ass pirates that are fighting over the legendary Raven Starship, and a key. A key to what? Who knows, and who cares! Axel the Black and Beltrane are about to go toe to toe with Kali right smack in the middle of things. We are not sure why, but the encounter Kali experiences with A
Tiffany
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a very short, quick read and a very sweet romance. It was face paced for being so short. I enjoyed the story but wished it hadn't been so short. I would have really liked to have known the back story between our hero and the villain. I would have liked to know how both characters ended up in their chosen profession. I would have liked to see their interest in one another develop and go to a whole new level.
Jackie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different romance story that's short and sweet. Enjoyable first time read.
Stephanie
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, own-it
Arrrrggghhh. Pirates!

Short and Sweet. This is a cute Novella about pirates and an opera singer. I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.
SylviaV
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free on amazon.com
The version I read on kindle was a short story of 21 pages. It was a terrific read and just enough to hook this reader with the story line. Well done. 4 stars.
Laura J.
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
short and sweet

Too short! But it worked. An opera singer and the pirate who admired her from afar meet when she's abducted by a rival pirate.
Leslie
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, but short.

It's a good beginning to a story but it's rushed. The characters need more time to develop, no one ever believes insta-love.
Roxanna Culbertson
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Uberreader's review of Unrequited by Elle Clouse
This is an extremely intense short story. It begins with the heroine waking from a drugged kidnapping and the action continues to pile on, with the arrival of the hero of the story. The action just gets more gripping once the primary characters are interacting. This reader can not wait to see where the next installment of this story goes.
I would like to thank Ms.Elle Close for the free ARC of this story that I received exchange for an honest and
Jennifer Rials
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
‘Unrequited’ is a steampunk novella told from the perspective of opera singer Kali. She is kidnapped to use as leverage by a pirate in order to steal the airship, The Raven, from legendary pirate, Axel the Black. My favorite part is when Axel arrives aboard his enemy’s ship. This is a two part story, the second ‘Requited’ is from Axel’s POV.
I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Della Jackson
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
GoodRead
This is a short read,full of surprises, adventure and action. A lot a going on. I don't do spoilers. I will say this is about a opera singer and a handsome pirate. Want more grab your copy, your favorite drink and turn the world off so you don't miss anything.
I received a free copy for an honest review.
Felicity Nichols
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unrequited wrapped me in its arms within the first few sentences. I was drawn in Kali's world and my only complaint would be that I wanted more.

Axel portrays a drool worthy pirate and sunk right into my love of pirates. Clouse dragged me into her world and left me wanting to dig right into Requited. I hope to see more Steampunk from her! Great story!
Barbara
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very short story. Captain Beltran had his men kidnap Miss James. She doesn't know an Axel. The Captain knows that Miss James has caught the attention of Axel. Will the Captain exchange Miss James in return for the Raven (an airship)?
Jenny Koch
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, freebie, g-steampunk
DNF @ 71%

The characters are coming off like flat caricatures and I don't understand where the romance is coming from. I like the concept but don't care for the execution.
Jessica
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad, just not that amazing for a novella 'glimpse'
Felicity Kates
Oct 27, 2014
Mandy Saial
This little Gem of a steam punk Romance is action packed and full of surprises for only 18 pages .
Joyce Barrass
Feb 21, 2016
⭐️Hayley⭐️
Jun 23, 2016
Gina
Nov 23, 2016
Elle has been writing fantasy and science fiction romance for years and an avid participant in the NaNoWriMo. Her first novel, Stealing the Wolf Prince, is a 2016 RONE Award Winner for Fantasy & Science Fiction.

Elle is happily married to a martial arts instructor. She’s also the mother of two small boys and is constantly talking her husband out of adopting a new pet. She knits and stamps in he

Chaos Factor Series (3 books)
  • Requited (Chaos Factor, #2)
  • Besotted (Chaos Factor, #3)