Start by marking “Unsettled (Chosen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unsettled (Chosen, #1)

Unsettled

(Chosen #1)

Lizzie O'Malley, a twenty three year old free spirited young woman, is on the run to find her purpose in life. In the summer of 2000, she returns home to Boston, Massachusetts to begin a life that she can be proud of. On her first night out on the town with a friend, tragedy strikes and she finds herself the cause of emotional wreckage. Instead of dealing, she concentrates ...more
Published February 7th 2014 by Createspace (first published February 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unsettled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsettled

Alisa Mullen
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote this book. I am biased.
Vixster
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book

Lizzie has decided to return to her home town after some deliberating, even though she remained on friendly terms with her ex. On a night out with her bro's girlfriend she gets chatting to a friendly Irish guy and his group of mates whom take a shine to her and after a game of darts and a few Guinness her friend shows up desperate to get home. As the DD she can't drive so hell breaks loose.

Teagan and Lizzie hit it off and though he's only there for a few months they agree
Heather Clark
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lets talk a little bit about this book.
Summery - Its told as a first person book. Of a 22 year old looking for herself, finding a gorgeous group of Irishmen and one in particular sweeps her off of her feet.
Lizzie O'Mally is your typical young woman, once burned by love; and falls in love with Teagan. It's your classic boy meets girl kind of thing.

Genre - New Adult

Rating - I'd force my child to read this if she were old enough. (She's 8)

Sexual Content - It is not graphic in any sense, and that's
Chicks Looking For A Book Fix
*4.5 Stars*

This is one of those books that takes you back when you were young and in love. After finishing this book I couldn't help but to think of when I was younger and found that one moment in my life that changed it forever. I think this book is about Lizzie's life changing moment.

Lizzie O'Mally is a carefree 23 year old who has just moved back to her hometown to try and figure out her purpose in life. One night out changes everything. She meets Teagan Gallagher and knew there was something
Patricia
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
* I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review*

I liked the plot line of girl meets guy for summer romance. Since the guy is only in the country for the summer, they both agree to have a summer fling and leave it at that. Only, we all know that a fling is rarely ever just a fling.

However I struggled a lot while reading this book.

First, I did not like any of the characters, nor did I really care what happened to them one way or the other. Most of the characters spend a good portion of the
Kim Black
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unsettled by Alisa Mullen is the first book in The Chosen Series and a great start to the series.

Lizzie O'Malley is felt in the world, unsure about her place in life. She had recently broken up with her long term boyfriend, whom she had followed around the country to be with and was now moving back home to find herself and start life anew in the place she once called home.

Upon arriving she meets a sweet talking Irish boy who is only here for the summer and offers her a lighthearted summer love w
Irene
description

I really wanted to love this book. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with it. I think my high expectations were due in part to the high ratings, the reviews, and the synopsis.

I thought this would be one of those books that would have some type of lasting affect on me, because I could somewhat relate to Lizzie. She and I share that restless feeling when it comes to life. We also tend to run away from our problems. However, that's where our commonalities end. There were many times where I found h
Monet
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a book I won through the First Reads Giveaways, and I could not be more thankful.

I have never read a book I found so frustrating in the first two chapters, only to be absolutely in love with it by the end.

In the beginning I found myself frustrated with the main character. Her concern with her brother's drunk obnoxious gf. Her vain idea that every man she ran into wanted her. And the at times odd profanity combinations.

But then you meet Teagan. And from there I began to fall in love w
Krysta Anderson
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book! It was really easy to read, flowed well and I couldn't put out down. I was hooked on the main character, Lizzie O'Malley, as she struggles to find herself. I loved the unexpected twists and surprises in the story and the ending was a cliffhanger! I can't wait to read the second book in The Chosen Series, Unchosen!
Kathy
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found it hard to continue reading a story about a self-absorbed woman whose only goal in life was to get drunk and party. Too many obscenities used for my taste
Tracy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
Check out my blog! Click here!

I received an E-mail from Ms. Mullen for her to read her ARC for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5/5

Summary: "A great story of a young woman trying to make sense of relationship with herself and a 'summer' lover. what makes this novel so readable are the detailed descriptions, some sad, poignant, and some so humorous one gets to stop and giggle in the midst of the story." - Jeanne Miles, MS. Professor and Maine Author.

Lizzie O'Malley, a twenty three year old free s
Mel (Reviews In A Pinch)
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author on Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: Having no direction in life, confusion over what to do with yourself and no one understanding it is something that quite a few people can relate to. It’s not exactly something you want to admit being able to understand though. So the fact that the author tackles this subject in Unsettled made me want to read it.

Frankly a lot of this book was completely foreign to me. I could
Jessica Gomez
First off... SO NOT FAIR! HOW DARE YOU! YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Okay, jeeze, I am not even sure where to start. I am pissed, pretty much pacing while I am typing this. Feet twitching, and I HATE twitching.

So, Lizzie is a normal girl, who doesn't seem to know who or where she is going in her life. She has just moved on from a relationship that she has been involved in for a few years. Heartbroken and trying to move on and change her life for the better. That is, until she meets
Ciarra  Walker
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Lizzie is a very free spirit I guess you could call her, I would call her a little crazy at times but she is a character that's for sure. She just moved back to Boston to try and start her life in a way she is not ashamed of.

Teagan is from Ireland and in the states for the summer. When Lizzie and Teagan meet it was a crazy night, with drama and tragedy galore. Even with everything that happens they cant help wanting to be together.

They know it can only happen for the summer seeing how Teagan ha
Daphne
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 - Subject: Love with an Irishman

At 23 years old Lizzie O'Malley has moved back home to Boston after a long time relationship break up. She is a carefree person not taking anything too seriously but has decided to return to school and find a job. Of course, the night hours became party time for her so she went bar hopping with a friend and met the Irishman Teagan Gallagher. He was living in America for the summer. After a chaotic evening he wanted to see Lizzie again and this is where
All Things Books
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unsettled by Alisa Mullen
4 stars
Lizzie O’Malley returns home to Boston on her first night back home she meets Teagan Gallagher hes sexy,hot and Irish and will only be in America for the summer and wants to spend it with Lizzie,she knows theres something about him from the moment she meets him and they agree to spend the summer together,hes protective and somewhat possessive of her.They spd a lot of time partying together getting to know each and the inevitable happens as the summer is drawing to
Mary
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Lizzie O'Malley is a twenty-something without purpose. A bad breakup sends her running home to live with her parents to get her life straightened up. However, it doesn't matter what she does or tries to do, it always backfires and she ends disappointing the people that matter most to her.

Teagan Gallager is in Boston for the summer as part of an exchange program. Seeing Lizzie across a crowded bar, he decides to pursue her. L
Heidi Loney
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na, romance
Funny, I'm reading a summer romance book just as we are getting the last snow storm of the winter, just days before spring. Don't let that stop you from diving into this summer romance novel. I was sucked in from the very beginning, this new adult book is an easy read.

Without giving anything away, I'm not sure how I feel about Teagan. Sure, he's hot and sexy and Irish, but the writing was on the wall for Lizzy, the sometimes reckless and sometimes naive protagonist, who often follows her heart
Sneha Tripathi
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, read-for-review
This book, it's just.. I dunno what to say. It depicts the truth of human nature. There is nothing called as white & black, life is all about gray area's. humans not always do the right thing, they just learn from all the past mistakes, if ever they learn.
This book is about a summer romance between Lizzie and Teag. They both know, this would break their heart, yet they fall for each other. The story has good friends, partying, drinking, fun, loving brother, supporting parents. But, the best
Book Junky Girls
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
At 23 Lizzie is back home after her relationship of 5 years ends. When she meets sexy Irishman Teagan the attraction is instant but he has to go back home at the end of the summer, they decide on a summer fling and enjoy their sizzling chemestry. They know so little about each other's outside lives but Lizzie finds herdelf falling for him anyways. With a departure date looming and surprising secrets revealed will the two have more than a summer fling?

It took a bit to get into the story emotional
Annie
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it

First, I'd like to commend the author on picking a fantastic title for this book, because the content was, well, unsettling. But in the best of ways. So many books I've recently read involve less-than-flawed characters who've had bad things happen to them, which is the cause of whatever problems occur in the story/relationship. While these can become interesting stories if the idea is original enough, I really enjoye
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Star

I had no idea what to expect when I started this book. But I was hooked from the very beginning. What an emotional read. This book had me in tears at times. Lizzie feels like she fails at everything so she compensates by drinking a lot. I wish that her friends would have stepped in here but it seems that everyone around her enabled her. I didn't like Teagan in the beginning. There was something about him that just didn't feel right. But Lizzie fell hard and then I began to fall in love w
Stephanie
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
*This book was given to me for free for a honest review.*

I absolutely loved this book. From the drama rich story to those super sexy scenes I was hooked! Although I think at times Lizzie was a little immature, a little whiney and bitchy for my liking.

But I throughly enjoy the way the rest of the book was written and was really impressed by the way Teagen was written. Alisa Mullen could have gone down quite a dark, depressing and simply unrealistic path (50 Shades of Grey anyone??) but she reall
Melissa Cheslog
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a story about the chances we all take and the love we think we want. It is not a fairy tale story but one of real life situations and the real way people deal with them. The main characters are very tangible and you feel as though you have known Lizzie forever. Lizzie is the girl you knew growing up or the girl you were yourself. She has decided that she does want more from life then to rebel and comes back home to Boston to sort it all out. There she meets Teagan. This story deals with ...more
Marina Alaniz
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off I could not put this book down until I finished it. This book was well written, you could feel all the emotion all the characters were feeling. I loved and hated Teagan, and his Irish self. Lizzie is a carefree person, who does what she wants. I loved the chemistry they have and the way they are together. My emotions were all over with this book. I was guess on what was going to happen next, this book is a must read! I will recommend this book to any and everyone!
I must say for Alisa d
Alexandra
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't entirely sure what to expect with this book; I'd been reading a lot of YA and was pleased to see this doesn't fit that genre. It's a fun, easy read, but with characters closer in age to myself and I felt I could relate to a lot of the references. The book starts a little slowly, almost as though the author was trying to cram a few too many details into a short amount of time, but the second half of the book really picks up and I couldn't put it down! Read the whole thing in about a day, ...more
Jeanne Mullen
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great story of a young woman trying to make sense of relationship with herself and a 'summer' lover. what makes this novel so readable are the detailed descriptions, some sad, poignant, and some so humorous one gets to stop and giggle in the midst of the story.
Mullen offers much insight as to the struggles of young women in complicated places of heart and intention.
Looking forward to reading more of her writings. Keep us giggling in spite of the sorrow.....
Tracey Parker
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is just amazing at how it draws you in and takes you through such a journey and leaves you exhausted at the end..... but a great exhaustion. Just wonderful to be able to be pulled in and feel so much for people in a book, but I feel like I was there. This is a definite MUST read book!!! Can't wait for the next book!!
Chris Parker
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a guy, I don't normally find any interest in the "chick-lit" genre, but I found myself drawn into this story. Even though its written from the female perspective, I think that most men will also be able to relate to the story. A fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the next installment in the Chosen series!
Hooked On Books
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A beautiful emotionally written story, hooked me from the start.. I became Lizzie a collage student who drinks to much and runs when things get tuff. It's an emotional ride of highs and lows, love and loss and choices only she can make. I swooned, cried,laughed and wanted too run right along with her!
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Under My Thumb (Serenade #1)
  • Connected by the Sea (Hawaiian Crush, #1)
  • Six Shades of Romance
  • On the Floor (Second Story, #1)
  • Revealed by You (Torn, #2)
  • Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights, #2)
  • A Fighting Chance (Chances Are #3)
  • The Guys Are Props Club (G.A.P., #1)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Down the Rabbit Hole (Sanctuary, #0.5)
  • Heartbeat Boxed Set (Three Book Bundle) (Heartbeat, #1-3)
  • Fallen Angel
  • Me & Mr. Write (Mr. Write Trilogy #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Kismet, #1)
  • Obsessive (Issues, #2)
  • Betting on Hope
  • Songbird (Songbird, #1)
Alisa Mullen is the author of the Best Selling Saga, The Chosen Series and the Best Selling psychological suspense novel, Plastic Confidence. She is also the author of Following the Sun,77 Steps, One Missing Link,The Business Trip, and many other short stories and novellas. She sometimes goes by kaycee veil.

Growing up in Down East Maine, Mullen received a BA from Texas A&M University and a MS

Chosen (4 books)
  • Unchosen (Chosen, #2)
  • Unrequited (Chosen, #3)
  • Unmarked: Sean's Story (Chosen #4)
“That house was no longer my home.” 1 likes