Start by marking “Revelation (The Revelation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Revelation (The Revelation, #1)

Revelation

(The Revelation #1)

In the dark world of protectors, futures are fated, love destroys, and sacrifices are certain. From bestselling author Randi Cooley Wilson comes a darkly romantic twist to an epic paranormal romance story about a divine secret, a loyal protector, and a forbidden love.

Eighteen-year-old Eve Collins started college unaware that one revelation would challenge everything she’s
Paperback, First Edition, 314 pages
Published May 1st 2014 by Randi Cooley Wilson (first published April 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Revelation, please sign up.
Randi Wilson It's not. There are five books in the series. The third book is releasing on 12/15/14 with the last two following shortly after.
Randi Wilson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "I've got you, Siren!" stars***

I used to love paranormal romances, but lately i lost a little bit my way...
I had so many time to read a book from this genre and when i saw it on NetGalley, it was like it was a magnet that was pulling me toward it!!!

And damn me, that was soooo good!!!! I freakin' loved it!!!

It was having almost every kind of paranormal creatures inside of it...

Angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, Gargoyles...
(To be honest, this was my first time of Gargoyles, but i think
Anna
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-epic-reread
Loved this one!!!

I was gripped from the very first page of this book ! I need the next book now!!!! This story is amazing and has me intrigued !!!!! And the writing is phenomenal !!!
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Protection at ALL cost Stars

Revelation is the first book in The Revelation Series. It’s a YA paranormal read and it exceeded all of my expectations.

I was craving a YA paranormal book, I wanted something that would just suck me in and basically be a huge mystery to me and I got it.

Eve is in college and she’s your typical Heroine in a YA paranormal book. She’s smart, innocent and has a group of girlfriends she loves. Slowly she realizes her simple life isn’t so simple anymore. She encounters
Bonnie Shores
Feb 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The cover art for Revelation is beautiful. This is my favorite genre. Those are the only two positive things I can say about this book.

To be fair, I must disclose that I stopped reading it after only about 12 minutes. Here's why:

"The question is thrown out along with some serious stinkeye radiating from her round, chocolate orbs."

I'm done.

Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think this book could have really been so much better with a whole different dialogue. I can forgive almost any plot if the dialogue and characterization is enjoyable. But this particular book was lacking in both areas.

It was hard for me to think of this book as New Adult because of the immaturity level of the characters. They sounded like they were in the 12 or 13-year age bracket, with the occasional F-you thrown in to prove they are adult.

I also don't really enjoy the whole "reason you we
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

YA paranormal appropriate for ages 18+. Sorry guys, I wanted to like this book. The writing was technically sound. Look at me trying to sound all smart and crap. What I mean by that is the storyline was good, I didn’t find any errors with regards to plot holes or grammar. But it was soooooo slow. It would build up and then let me down. Which is good…sometimes. But after the third or fourth build up with nothing to show for it, I lost my patience. Maybe I a
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
As a longtime lover of the Paranormal genre, it is always refreshing to find a story that isn't a re-write of something that has already been done. Yes, there are parts of it like other books - there is romance, attraction, evil to be fought, cookies to be baked - but there is also lots that is new. I won't spoil any of it by giving away spoilers but suffice it to say that I was drawn into this story from the very beginning.

So many questions that need answering, so much to find out and the best
Megan
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL....WHAT THE FLIPPING FUCK!!! COME ON MAN!!!! I FRIGGIN LOVED THAT CHARACTER...UGH...I NEED THE NEXT BOOK ASAP!!!!
Princess J. Antoinette
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At the time that I read this series I wasn't into writing reviews on books.. At no point did I find it necessary to do so..

However, I so regret that decision because now I wish I had my words to reflect back on, and for others to share them with me.

But I do know that I whole heartily loved this book and the 4 others after it. If you decided to read this book please go into it with an open mind and let this author take you on a journey like no other has before.

Happy reading too you all!!!
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
This is rather a hard review for me to write. I requested Revelation for review in audio because the synopsis intrigued me and the book had gotten great reviews. Unfortunately, it didn't work all that well for me. I'm going to break it down into what worked and what didn't work for ease in disseminating my thoughts and feelings. Here goes...

Worked (sort of)

- The premise - I'm a fan of angel vs demon, heaven vs hell stories. That one girl was the key in the upcoming battle - the one who migh
Mita
Oct 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sucked. Failed. Bombed.
Lame. Unsurprising and bland. The only unique thing about this book is the implementation of the gargoyles but even that managed to be a shallow, 1-dimensional concept in this weak story.

Read at your own risk. does NOT have my recommend.
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
2 ★'s

Okay so this was an alright first book in The Revelation Series. The plot was decent, I liked the gargoyles, liked that it also has Angels, Werewolves, Fairies etc... Enjoyed the characters Asher, Callam, Abby and Gage. I liked the forbidden love. But I felt that it was focusing maybe a little to much on whole "forbidden" part than the romance/love aspect. I wasn't the biggest fan of the heroine (Eve), wasn't she suppose to be in collage??? Is it just me or did she come across as a whiny li
Trace
Here's what I loved:
- So far, there's no love triangle.

- I'm into the "forbidden love" theme.
- Eve. I absolutely love her. I like that she didn't just hide in the corner and dwell on the secrets. She called them out on what she heard and wanted answers. A lot of books I've read lately feature girls who don't speak up in situations like that. They usually keep their mouth shut and mope around about how everyone is lying to them. She can also take care of herself. I love that she's not playing t
Coco.V
Nov 17, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (11/17/2017)!
Imy♥♥
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: angels
This was the first book that I've been able to actually finish as of late! It seems that I'm going through the "OMG why did I start reading this crap" stage. More often that not, I end up reverting back to some of my all time favs just to read something worth reading when having a bad book day, but Revelation I didn't mind...

description

The first encounter that Eve and Asher had together was probably the saving grace for me continuing. I thought their banter was hilarious, yes I did LOL.

Eve could be a very
Clever Girl
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Randi Cooley Wilson uses popular tropes (and my favorite tropes) - secrets, star crossed lovers, a destiny - but adds in interesting elements - all the secrets of Asher St. Michael which I won't spoil - to create an intriguing, unique story filled with characters I love, a bit of action and excitement, and romance.

Eve's a good heroine. She's a loyal friend, she's imperfect. And she doesn't deal well with all the revelations, because really, when all that crap gets dumped on you? No one would dea
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2016
There is nothing special about this book, it's a been there done that kind of book. That being said, I still greatly enjoyed it and even went out and bought book 2. There is a reason books follow the same format, it sells. People enjoy it. The writing is easy to follow, flows nicely. The characters are pretty well developed but it is only the first book. I'm sure they will be developed more as we go along. So the plot is really kind of everywhere (in a good way), we have angels, humans, gargoyle ...more
Jamila
May 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
dnf. DNF. DN FUCKING F
the hell is this?
poor writing, plot, and recycled story
Fran
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I really wanted to love this but the writing made it a little harder to get into. I'm not in any way an expert and it's not like it's bad, I just feel like it's kind of amateurish. A part of me wants to know what happens next but I'm not sure yet if I will. Maybe the writing gets better?
Lucinda
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal paranormal romance that’s darkly delicious and seductively magnetic!

A divine secret, a loyal protector
And a forbidden love…

REVELATION is a darkly sinister, supernatural story of hypnotic profundity and fervent intensity. I lost myself entirely within this compulsively addictive, chilling tale of inspired imaginative concepts and fantastic characters. The author blends together a cleverly woven, magnetic mix of heartrending romance and mystery for a truly original outcome. As a fa
Marissa (Laudable Lit)

(This review also appears on Laudable Lit)

Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

This book was a journey, mostly because of the building of the author’s world and mythology. If the author did not detail her world-building and mythology-forming as well as she did, this book would have been two stars. So, in that aspect it's undoubtedly unique. The story did not go where I thought it would. Characters are not who I thought they were (view spoiler)
Jennifer Hines
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book free from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review*

This is a story about angels, demons, and all that lay in between. Like most angel/demon stories, this too is about the balance of Heaven and Hell and how humans play into it. But unlike any other I’ve read, this has a twist… Guardian Gargoyles and a unique blood bond.

Nothing about Eve’s life has ever been normal, but she doesn’t know that. She thought she was a normal college student and demons, angels, werewolve
YA Reads Book Reviews
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nichole
Originally posted on www.yareads.com, reviewed by Nichole.

People have been telling, for quite some time now, that I need to read the Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson. With every book, though, they’ve also told me that there is a huge cliffhanger. So, naturally, I decided to wait until all the books were released to read it. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. This book was AMAZING! I’m so excited to share this with you today!!!

The star of this book, by far, was Asher. OH. MY. GOD. He
Shelley
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, okay so I am a sucker for a good paranormal novel, there is just something about this genre that if written well just sucks me in and keeps me completely enthralled. This book is an example of a well written paranormal and I cannot wait to read the rest of this series.

Eve is starting college and she couldn't be more excited then to start her new life. The only problem she seems to be having are these darn ni
Amy
This was a great book. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the characters and was intrigued by the storyline the entire time I was reading. I love the paranormal element. At first it's a little unclear which supernatural creatures will feature but it all is revealed the logical place. Plenty of UST and witty dialogue. Eve was a little oblivious at times, particularly to do with Asher and Gage, but it fit the story. A great read.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This wasn't a bad read. It started off really good and then once Eve found out everything she changed. I get that it was a lot to process but there was no need to have an attitude like that. It made me not want to like her anymore. One of the cool things about this book was it not only had angels but it had demons, fae, vampires, and werewolves too. I like books that involve all of the supernatural together.
Heather
Sep 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, read-in-2015
I forced myself to keep going, but by 60% I simply had to give up. Concept seemed to have potential, but writing was horrid and the characters completely one dimensional. If I didn't know better, I'd call this repurposed fan fiction. Lots of ready made assumptions and one hell of a Mary Sue.
Janean Desmarais-broker
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read it in a day!
Sally Maxwell
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually really liked this book, and I am looking forward to seeing how everyone plays out.
I am rooting for Asher and Eve, I love Callan and Abby, I think Gage might even surprise me at some point along the way.
Barbara Liana Salas
Loved it

I loved this book. It was amazing. I can't wait to read the next one. This was an awesome book.
  • The Barrier Between (Collector #2)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Forged in Fire (The Vessel Trilogy, #1)
  • Soar (Cold Mark Saga #5)
  • Chosen (Ancients of Light, #1)
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)
  • Empyreal Illusions (The Inferno Unleashed #1)
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
  • Inception (The Marked, #1)
  • Fall for Me
  • Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)
  • Serenya's Song (Tallenmere, #2)
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • Breed of Envy (The Breed Chronicles #2)
  • Just One Night, Vol. 1
  • Found (The Crescent Chronicles, #3)
  • Heir of Darkness (Starbright, #2)
Randi Cooley Wilson is an award-nominated, bestselling author of The Revelation Series, The Royal Protector Academy Novels, The Dark Soul Trilogy and the upcoming Knightress Series. Randi's books have been featured on Good Morning America, British Glamour Magazine, USA Today's HEA Section, and in the Emmy's Gifting Suite. Her books range in genre, and include contemporary romance, urban fantasy, a ...more

The Revelation (5 books)
  • Restraint (The Revelation #2)
  • Redemption (The Revelation, #3)
  • Revolution (The Revelation, #4)
  • Restoration (The Revelation, #5)
“Her décor style matches her schizophrenic personality to perfection. A combination of Barbie meets Marilyn Manson. She’s the only person I know who can pull off pink combat boots, black nail polish, and dark black smoky eyeliner with a pink sundress and have it look adorably sexy.” 3 likes
“Hey, when the skies turn black, I will reach you. I will pull you from the darkness and bring you home. Always.” 1 likes