Start by marking “Dancing in the White Room” as Want to Read:
Dancing in the White Room

Dancing in the White Room

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Dancing in the white room is slang for skiing or boarding in deep powder snow. The dancer is PD Bell, one of the best extreme skiers on the planet. Mallory Prescott, the woman who lives with him and loves him, is used to Bell’s exploits. A patrolwoman at Whiteface Mountain near Lake Placid, New York, Mallory is no stranger to risk, but this time Bell is taking on the West ...more
Published February 11th 2014 by Turquoise Morning Press (first published February 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing in the White Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing in the White Room

really liked it 4.00  ·

Lynelle Clark
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Dancing in the White room is a book filled with human turmoil; finding your own way but still be with the one person you care about.
We meet Mallory, a young mother that leads a very adventures life on her skies at Lake Placid. Her partner in life, PD Bell, is a adventurer, world renowned champion jumper; always looking for the next thing, which took him away from home for long periods of time. At first she didn't have a problem with it;
Deborah Jelley
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest here and go for full disclosure -- I personally know the author, and listened to her writing and reading this story to us every week while attending our writing workshops together years ago. She had me interested in her plot-line from the first and she made me care about what happened to the main character Mallory and her daughter Emily. We really didn't get to know PD Bell other than through flash-backs and at the end of the story.

Spoiler alert on next sections:

So flashing for
Ute Carbone
Feb 11, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Skiing was a big part of my younger self's life and, in writing this book, I conjured up a lot of wonderful memories about those times. But I don't think you have to be a skier to like the book. It is, first and foremost, a love story, about the worth of a relationship and the cost of holding on to what the heart finds precious.
I hope you'll love these characters as much as I do.
Zan Marie Steadham
Using the ski slopes--both competitive and recreational--Carbone creates a fascinating look into what it means to grow up and take responsibility for your decision. Good Read
Lynelle Clark
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Paliden
May 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Dancing in the White Room is a drama that follows Mallory who is an avid skier. She has lived with PD Bell for the last several years. PD is a legend in the skiing world and together they have a five year old girl, Emily. There are a lot of other characters in this story that I won't get too far into right now. Creech is Mallory's best friend and ex-boyfriend, Adam is Creech's younger brother who has also always had a crush on Mallory.

PD has this thing.....he has to ski Denali. The only problem
InD'tale Magazine
The imagery in “Dancing In The White Room” is phenomenal!

Read full review in the 2014 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jessica
Frederick Rotzien
Brittany
J
Bookworm Bitches : Book on tour with a giveaway 1 5 Feb 27, 2014 02:21PM
Award winning author Ute Carbone pronounces her first name Oohtah, but doesn't spell it that way. She lives with her husband in Southern NH, where she spends her days drinking coffee, eating chocolate, walking in the woods, and dreaming up stories.

There's been a long list of things I've wanted to be. Some of them were fanciful- ballerina, trapeze artist, world class ski racer. Some more serious-d