Start by marking “New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures” as Want to Read:
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

The Holy Bible is God’s written communication to all of us. We must study it to get to know its Author. (John 17:3; 2 Timothy 3:16) Within its pages, Jehovah God reveals his purpose for humans and for their earthly home.—Genesis 3:15; Revelation 21:3, 4.

No other book has such an impact on people’s lives. The Bible inspires us to reflect Jehovah’s qualities of love, mercy,
Leather Bound, 2013 edition, 1796 pages
Published October 5th 2013 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Tami
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am an 11 year old girl. I read the bible and meditate on it each day. I am a Jehovah's Witness. My mom is a full time pioneer and my goal is to follow her footsteps. This book gives me inspiration and hope for the future. I love it and continue to read it. I find it hard to put it down. Jehovah's Witnesses try to encourage bible reading throughout the world. The bible is God's word. "That people may know that you whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the most high over all the earth." Psalms 83 ...more
Vigilante
Dec 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: religion
"All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16,17.
Colleen
Feb 11, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is of couse the best book ever written, and the best translation available. I recommend it for everyone!
Brandon
Mar 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
no other book like this. Amazing read. Saved my life.
Pseudo Surrealist
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all!
Clearest translation ever!
Mhoyla
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Now, this is the book that help you to save your life. The bible is the most profound book that I have ever read. I am still reading and learning from it. I study from it daily. I never tire of it and can actually picture in my mind the people who are depicted in it. I meditate on the scriptures and learn daily with this book.

I highly recommend it to everyone who truly wants to live forever and to be able to see your your loved ones again, here on the earth in real life.

You will have the possib
Amanda
Oct 26, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Phillip
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best English translation of the Bible. The committee's goal was to translate phrases to not only faithfully represent the meaning, but to also use vernacular of modern English. The result is a Bible that anyone can read and easily understand. And since the Bible is the most important and influential book of all time, this is the way to go!
Michelle
Aug 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Recommended to Michelle by: My husband.
Shelves: on-going
This is my lifeline. Without it I would have no hope.
Ifeanyi
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent translation.
Makes Bible reading a pleasure.
Ashley Cooper
Jul 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one, the only, the best book EVER!
Hannah
Feb 19, 2014 added it
It is an awesome book!
Russ Painter
This is actually a collection of books put together by the Catholic church about 300 years after the last characters in the stories had died. It's in 2 major parts.

Part 1: The Old Testament
This consists of myths mostly copied from the myths of other primitive cultures. The original versions of these stories had many gods, but these had been edited out for the most part in an effort to rewrite history by people who were embarrassed by their polytheistic past. I think this is a shame since the pol
Mariah
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!!
the best book EVER written. This is the most accurate translation of the original manuscripts you will ever find, and it is truely a life saver. Seriously~ if you read this book and follow what is outlined in it, then you can have everlasting life! No joke! You will live forever! So~ go read it! And don't worry about how long it takes you to read it. Some people can do it in a few months, other people take 2 years! But you definitely need to read and meditate on what it says!
Heather Renee'
Jan 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
Currently reading and will continue to read for the rest of my life. Life giving bread a spiritual feast.
Robert
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, fiction
My beloved assures me that this version of the Christian Bible is the best for accuracy and readability, and in some ways, I am agreed. Being one of those individuals with a lot of free time on their hands, I have read several versions of the Jewish Tanakh and the Christian New Testament, and find this one to be one of the clearest. Of course, having been raised Catholic, I will always be partial to their versions of the Good Book.
Doc Ronny Allard
Feb 09, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Doc Ronny by: Jehovah Witnesses
My first Biblical reading was from this. I began to notice some differences between this and my family's King Jimmy on the book shelf.
Cliff
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Bible translation period. Literal throughout, but discerning enough to know when a word for word translation would throw the English reader off. Not pressured by clumsy wording to support false doctrines. Uses the divine name throughout. Modern English. Most accurate Bible I have ever read.
Cindy Winquest
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful English translation!!
Lg
Mar 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone searching for truth
I just couldn't put it down!
Sam Thorne
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians, Muslims
This is one of the most readable translations of the Holy Bible for the modern reader. It's also one of the more accurately translated versions of the Bible; accurate to the point of being the version most likely to offend the sort of Christian who prefers traditional errancy to accuracy. By the same cause, it's also the version least likely to offend Muslims, and a number Muslim authors prefer it when quoting the Tawrat, Nabi, Injeel, and Rasule.

On this point, a number of modern translations re
Eric Anthony
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FIRST :)
Rosanne Catalano
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Excellent version of the Holy Bible! I would highly recommend this book. Because, although I had read the Holy Bible years ago and even took a class in high school titled "Bible As Literature," this edition of the Holy Bible enabled me to better understand exactly what our Heavenly Father wants from His children. Past editions confused me a little. I feel this edition explains Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit much, much better than the editions I had read in the past; both in school and at home.
Buster2u
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read from many versions of the Bible. This is the first version I have read cover to cover. I find this translation to be clear and direct. A friend who is a Greek Scholar has read from some of the oldest manuscripts. He told me that the New World Translation of the Greek (New Testament) is the most accurate he has every come across. In his opinion no one can improve on this translation of the Greek Scriptures into English.
Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer
This translation uses God's name, Jehovah, whereas many other editions refuse to use His name!
I personally find the Bible to be very upbuilding and uplifting; it gives a wonderful hope for the future, and contains many prophecies that are a wonder to watch and see fulfillment. It's a great comfort in times of distress. (: 2 Timothy 3 v 16~
Sharon
Feb 15, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
A must read.....daily. Inspiration, direction, reflection and motivation.
Bobby
Oct 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jehovah is the name of our heavenly Father. And that Jehovah truly is the only true God and that HE is the author of the Bible
Baker St Shelves
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finished!
Jawe Querimit
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that can really change and save lives. It transformed mine. And I strongly believe that it is God's word. I was 9 when I started reading this. And my goal since then was to finish reading the entire bible. After long years of battling against unnecessary activities, I was able to finish reading the book last year. And I'm reading it again but this time, I'm giving myself a chance to meditate on each chapter, to determine why God decided such chapter to be included in His book and how sh ...more
Lance Hardy
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you don't give the Bible five stars... you're seriously asking to get hit by a bus.

I've read this book dozens of times in my life.
young pepole ask vol2 4 62 Jun 18, 2015 12:14AM
Question 2 13 Jun 03, 2015 03:18PM
Goodreads Librari...: Bible first published 7 53 Feb 10, 2015 04:19PM
new fun page of Young Jehovahs Witness 2 32 Apr 17, 2013 05:12AM
  • The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
“As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.” 13 likes
“Do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it.” 10 likes