Start by marking “Rebel Ice (Stardoc, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Ice (Stardoc, #6)

Rebel Ice (Stardoc #6)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  782 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Dr. Cherijo Torin crash-lands on an ice planet whose population is on the verge of civil war. With no knowledge of her past-or even her identity-she becomes entangled in the encroaching conflict, unaware that her husband is moving heaven and earth to find her.
Published January 3rd 2006 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebel Ice

Finders Keepers by Linnea SinclairGabriel's Ghost by Linnea SinclairGames of Command by Linnea SinclairAn Accidental Goddess by Megan Sybil BakerMercenary Instinct by Ruby Lionsdrake
SFR-NON EROTIC
78 books — 39 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. AccinniThe One by J.K. Accinni
UFOs & aliens
205 books — 183 voters

More lists with this book...

Cathy
It was one of these books where the author took a big detour to keep the series going longer. I didn't care about the planet or the battles, but the mystery of the two women kept me interested. I'm still not quite sure about the resolution to that though, there's a major coincidence that seems too unlikely, unless further explanation is provided in the future.
Thomas
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
From what I have read online not alot of folks like this book simply because it takes the main character in a different direction courtesy of amnesia (to be fair amnesia as the result of head trauma and then 2 gun shot wounds to the head... if your gonna go amnesia don't make it lame "oh I bumped my head" amnesia). Well I can say it was a different book that the last ones and in 3rd person no less which really is essential in this book for the sake of creating a mystery about Cherijo's identity. ...more
Shra
In the end who was who was not clarified well at all. This is another example of books that spend way too much time on the details of preparing food and other daily tasks and skip completely over the real issues that the book is supposedly about. The point was that he was looking for his wife. The description says that she's been there forever already, he finds her (it makes it sound like that happens almost immediately on the opening of the book), and he spends forever trying to get her to reme ...more
Lucy Takeda
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I read A LOT! This book left me confused. Dozens of characters that keep changing names, titles, and faces. I did order that first book in the series to see if it would make more sense with background info. Ice planet, evil emperor, tribes that harvest the skin of people that die in crashes due to the horrendous winds to sell back to families as a major economy of the planet, women trained to be absolutely subservient, and lots of aliens involved in a rebellion.
Becky Hoffman
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I wasn't too fond of this book, and it was upsetting since her series was so good. It seemed like in the series, Viehl started to dislike the sometimes mean and ornery attitude of Cherijo and did a complete 180. I had a hard time following this book and didn't really care for the ending. I took a long break after this book before I even considered picking up the next one.
Kendra
Long, and godawful confusing. I got to the end, and still feel like I missed something. Hopefully the next book is better.
B.E.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read this one yet, even though I've read several after it. So now I know what happened to Cherijo to make her so not herself. I'm glad I went back. This was important to the overall story arc, and it was a very good read. I mean, once I got past the different approach and everything. Before that, I had to read it like it wasn't part of the StarDoc series because trying to meld it into what I knew from before was weirding me out. It all worked out in the middle somewhere and I thoroughly ...more
C.A. Knutsen
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting. Continues to shape cultures on other planets. Some of the worlds like the one in the book treat women and children terribly. That's hard to read through. The action in this one was exciting and the resolution at the end was creative.
Emily Leathers
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: sfpl
I got this book from the library yesterday, and started reading it this morning. So far it's just reinforcing my opinion that the Stardoc books are on an exponential track downward.

While I get the interest of the culture she's meeting here, this book is again unnecessarily brutal. It also feels like a diversion of the original plot arc.

I'm disappointed by how Ms Viehl seems unable to keep herself from adding 'amusing' little details to her stories just for the sake of having them there.

===

After
Wendy
Sep 04, 2008 rated it liked it
I have to say that I did not enjoy this book nearly as much as the previous books in this series. The beginning of the book was very confusing as we are plopped down on a whole new world and it was somewhat difficult to understand the politics/dynamics of the various groups involved in the story.

The book got better about half way through when some of the bits and pieces started coming together, but overall I did not really like the guessing game of who Resa and Jarn really were. I did not like
Carolyn F.
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book, sci-fi
It's like Cherijo is a whole different person and I'm starting over again. She's crash landed on a planet and then was shot in the head. With no memory after she survives, she takes on the persona of the planet's inhabitants. There's also another woman from Earth that I move back and forth trying to figure out which one is the real Cherijo. I felt so sorry for Reever. He just cannot live without her.

This book has not received very favorable ratings, but I liked it. I just ordered the next book
Linda
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Cherijo Torin has been missing, presumed dead, for more than two years. Her husband, Duncan Reever, senses that she is alive and will move all of space to find her and restore her to their daughter, Marel. Slight problem: Cherijo has sustained a head injury and does not know who she is, or remember anything about their lives together.

This is #6 in the StarDoc series. All that I have read so far have been excellent, and this one upholds the tradition. There was a twist in the last couple of chapt
Skittles
Feb 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Craig
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I enjoyed this book, perhaps more than many of the others in the stardoc series so far.
It was refreshing to NOT have her brutally attacked and nearly killed, etc; and not nearly magically coming in and saving the day.
I enjoyed the twists and turns and the way everything was worked together and resolved (as well as could be so far).
Αἰκατερίνη
A unique twist at the ending that I didn't even guess was coming. I read this book without having read any of the other books in the series. I enjoyed it and will probably read more books in the series.
Heather
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
A good Stardoc book, but different than the others. Cherijo crashlands on a remote planet and looses her memory. The book is full of mysteries: will Duncan find her? where is this planet? Who is she? The trick ending had me compleatly suprized - I thought I'd figured it out.
Red Haircrow
Sep 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
Another example of extreme sterotyping employed by the author this time for gay or bisexual male characters. Again every negative stereotype possible to use was employed. For me the only redeeming aspect was the 3rd person writing style used instead of the usual first person.
Lesli
Jul 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2006
At this point, you either love the series or can't stand to not finish it.
Steph
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Erotic Horizon
Rebel Ice: A Stardoc Novel (Stardoc) by S.L. Viehl (2006)
Becca
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
The best part of this series is the hero, the heroine is so self centered that this book just lost it for me finally.
Ellen
May 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
This series is less fun than it used to be; I'm not sure if that's because of it or because of me. At any rate, I will now be giving up on future books in the series with a clear conscience.
Fangtasia
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: must-read-2015
Amnesia is never fun especially when you think Resa is Cherijo....or not? Glad the ending was kinda okay...
Ab
A cousin of Jack London meets Stardoc novels. There were a mystery and medics, but no medical mystery and not much of the scifi/space opera.
Tasula
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the Stardoc series with Healer Cherijo Torin, her clan and husband Duncan Reever. This was a vivid adventure on an ice planet with interesting characters and lots of action.
Raquel
Ryan
Jul 18, 2015
Dotti Sienko
Feb 20, 2015
  • To Trade the Stars (Trade Pact Universe, #3)
  • Schism (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #10; The Triad, #1)
  • Destroyer (Foreigner, #7)
  • Resolute (Kris Longknife, #4)
  • The Heart of Valor (Confederation, #3)

Stardoc (10 books)
  • Stardoc (Stardoc, #1)
  • Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2)
  • Endurance (Stardoc, #3)
  • Shockball (Stardoc, #4)
  • Eternity Row (Stardoc, #5)
  • Plague of Memory (Stardoc, #7)
  • Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)
  • Crystal Healer (Stardoc, #9)
  • Dream Called Time (Stardoc, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Lathe of Heaven
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
    $9.99 $1.99
  • King of Thieves
  • Area 51 (Area 51, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth Strike (Star Carrier, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Parable of the Sower (Earthseed)
    $17.99 $2.99
  • The Mission (Area 51, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Extinction Point (Extinction Point, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sphinx (Area 51, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rewinder (Rewinder Series Book 1)
  • Master of Formalities
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Excalibur (Area 51, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Into the Black (Odyssey One, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fate of Devotion (Finding Paradise, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Points of Impact (Frontlines #6)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Once Was a Time
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Truth (Area 51, #7)
  • The Bird Eater
  • Ruined
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Exo (Exo #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poor Man's Fight (Poor Man's Fight, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic #1)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Oddfits
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Imago (Xenogenesis, #3)
    $6.99 $1.99