Start by marking “Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)

Taste of Darkness

(Darkness #2)

He spent more than a thousand years imprisoned in hell…

Drake is an ancient dragon shifter, one of the most powerful beings in existence, but a millennium trapped in utter darkness has left him ill-equipped for modern society. If it wasn’t for Victoria, the sweet female brave enough to befriend him, he’d be lost. She’s smart and gorgeous and everything he never dared dream
Published July 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Taste of Darkness, please sign up.
Kristin It's not an absolute must but you meet both of these characters in the first book. So some of their character development has already started by the…moreIt's not an absolute must but you meet both of these characters in the first book. So some of their character development has already started by the time Taste of Darkness was released.(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Oh Le Sigh. This was PNR/UF perfection for me. Perfection I tell you.

Because anything paranormal?
Mixed with some Urban Fantasy?
With a huge side of "we are mates, dammit" romance?

description

Oh, and one more thing...

description

And being that this book (book two of my my newly found, "how the hell did I not know about this series," series) is about DRAGONS?

Seriously though.

I enjoyed the shit out of this thing.

Because Drake.

I loves him so much that, well...

With a Dragon baby.

Okay, so not so much.

There, there,
Sophia Triad
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A love story between a wolf and she dragon. And they are virgins, too!
Ok, I'm game…

Drake is the loneliest dragon on Earth. After being locked in Hell for fifteen hundred years, he managed to escape a few months ago. Now, he is a member of Stavros’ pack.
A lonesome dragon among many many wolves.

Victoria is a healer and one of the most non-aggressive supernatural beings. She is one of Stavros’ wolves and she is very much sheltered since she was found by Stavros many years ago. The pack has been loo
Erika
4.5 stars!!!

Wonderful book with such wonderful characters.! Drake and Victoria were the sweetest couple. They treated each other with such sweetness, protectiveness and love; it was awesome! And my God, Drake was one major dragon BADASS!! Whew!!

The other array of characters are so much fun to read about as well: Finn, Lyra, Vega, Gabriel, Rhea, Conall and Keelin.

The plot was great; it kept me interested and intrigued from start to finish. I really love this world Katie Reus created. Sadly, I am
Ezinwanyi
4.5 stars.
I really enjoyed this audiobook. I let it languish on my TBR because book 1 was just okay. I knew it had potential and in this sequel, the author brought it.

Drake was the dragon shifter who escaped from hell with no memory of who he is and whom he belongs to. He was adopted by the Stavros wolf pack and his connection with shifter Victoria was instantaneous. Victoria was a guide in this world as 1500 years in hell left Drake overwhelmed in current day Earth. They both felt orphaned due
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Drake was everything I was hoping for. I was so excited about his character when we got that little bit of him in book one. He made such an impact that I jumped right into book two to get his story.

Drake had all the characteristic that I like in a hero. He was intense, broody, and dominant without being overbearing. I actually really like how he pursued Victoria. He was so patient to get what he wanted. He was focused on her and only her. He proved over and over that he put Victoria above all ot
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
5 Drake stars!!!

Thank you to my friend Cyndi for lending this book to me... YOU'RE AWESOME!!! 😘

I loved Drake.
I loved Drake.
I absolutely loved Drake.

He was an AMAZING hero, I loved how he loved Victoria, how he protect her, how he wanted to be a better man for her even though he was the better man for her. Omg my heart is full because of him. I absolutely loved him. 😍😍
Victoria was also an amazing heroine, she was also protective of him.. I loved her too.

Dual virgins can't get better than
Claire Robinson
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "I will always find you." Stars!

Where book one in Katie Reus's Darkness Series set the scene perfectly, book two definitely gives you the characters in all their paranormal glory. I have to say when I finished Darkness Awakened there was a definite 'semi' in the Lady-Boner department, after finishing this installment I am now at full mast.

"I like your scent on me."

Drake and Victoria's story started at the end of Darkness Awakened and as a reader I was eager too see how Katie would bring th
Deborah
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 22nd - 24th May 2019

4.5*

I’m loving this series and for me dragons are just the icing on the cake.

Yet again there’s loads of reviews so I’ll keep mine brief.

All the characters are fabulous. I particularly loved Drake but there isn’t a bad or weak character to be found here.

So we have strong characters, a great story and dragons. If you like paranormal romances look no further.

I’m moving straight onto the next book Beyond the Darkness. This looks like it’s going to be slightly different si
Ann Lou
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 "DRAKE" stars

This book saved me from boredom. I tried reading other books for the last two days but nothing was holding my interest. But saw this in my kindle and viola! Nothing could go wrong with dragons.

Drake totally made this book for me. He was sacrificed as a child and spent 1500 years in Hell. He spent most of his time in his dragon form to protect himself. He is sweet and protective.

Victoria is a wolf shifter and a healer of the Stavros pack. She was abandoned by her family as a chil
Laurie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Oh Drake, how I love thee! Let me count the ways.

Drake definitely had a Taste of Darkness to him. His story is brutal and it’s a testament to the strength of his character that he didn’t turn feral and evil after all those years in hell. I found him resilient, loyal, and worthy. I can’t say he had an alpha personality but there was no doubt he could take care of business when needed so this did not bother me one little bit.

With no memory of his former self before he was sent to hell as a child,
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its no secret I ❤ Dragons and Drake was amazing! Victoria was perfect for him. Another 100% safe PNR read.

If you like the opposites attract trope this book is a must read. This author always delivers super sexy, sweet and dynamic stories that pull you in and make you fall in love.

Drake and Victoria have been dancing around each for months but I loved the reason behind Drake taking his time in claiming Victoria (he is still adjusting to the modern times he's suddenly been thrown into and he want
Mei
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Why have I waited all this time to read this series, I don't know!!!
It's great and I'm enjoying it very, very much!
How could I not with all these deliciously caveman shifters! LOL
Maya
BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? YES.
Rating: 5 stars

Review

Loveeed it! Finally a new story to add to my favourite shelf (who was kinda getting lonely). H and h fit perfectly together and there is also mystery, action and beautiful romance (totally swooning
Kate's Corner
If there is one thing I love more than wolf shifters then it are dragon shifters. I loved this book and count it as one of my favourites of this year.
Stacie
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars!!

I really liked it! Both main characters are great. I really love dragons anyway and Drake was a super sweetheart with some very nice BA alpha qualities. Victoria was a great female lead. She was sweet, careing and playful. She was also fierce and didn't put up with Drake's alpha male BS. She didn't do anything stupid or put herself in unnecessary danger. In fact she was often quite helpful. Love them together- so sweet.

I wish Ms. Reus had gone into more detail about Drake's abilitie
nicklein
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kept me on my toes the whole time! I am seriously loving this series so far.
Cheesecake
Drake and Victoria. Loved both MCs, but I just wish there had been less mediocre action with bad-guys and more interaction with each other.
In the previous book, Drake escapes his prison in Hell and becomes a part of the Stavros Wolf pack even though he is a dragon shifter. He has known since he first scented her, that Victoria (the Pack healer) is his mate. Yet he hesitates to claim her while he is new to the modern world. He has no income, and no means to support her. He is over a 1000 years o
Leigh
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Taste of Darkness is book 2 in the Darkness series and is the story of Drake and Victoria. I really enjoyed this book, Drake was sexy and savage but at the same times had such an innocence about him that was really sweet. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Katerina
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Drake. He captured this innocent sexiness as a hero. Pure, transparent, protective and a little lost. I liked Victoria and the way they initially had this friendship even though it was obvious they liked one another. The fact that they were both virgins raised it another level, imo of course. It was a good story, nice plot. The "forever mating" that dragons hold and knowing that should one die, the other would too was perfect for a story about supernaturals. I'm also enjoying the whole i ...more
RJ

Overview:

Taste of Darkness is the second novel in Katie Reus' Darkness series, which is a paranormal romance series about sexy shifters. This book can totally be read as a stand-alone as well!

What's it about?

Drake is a dragon shifter that escaped Hell in the first book and now is living with the Stavros pack. He has also lost his memory and can't seem to remember his past before Hell or where his family is. He is also adorably clueless about modern technology such as driving.

Victoria is the S
XxTainaxX
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book captured and held my attention. It was packed with action, mystery, and hot scenes. Drake's personality matched his circumstance perfectly and Victoria was such a great match for him! I loved the writing. It was flowing and tied everything together very well. My favorite thing about this book was the development of the main characters and even more, the set up for future stories. It left me wanting more and made me a huge fan! I cannot wait : )
Marta Cox
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this new paranormal series by Ms Reus and follows on from Darkness Awakened . As Darkness Awakened finished we met Drake a dragon shifter who had been trapped in hell for more than a thousand years. He has no memory of how or indeed why he was sacrificed and sent there but of one thing he's certain the beautiful wolf shifter Victoria smells like home ! Her scent leaves him in no doubt that she is meant to be his mate and luckily her pack have offered him a home but not ...more
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story and addition to the series. I really liked both Victoria and Drake and enjoyed their story very much.

Victoria is a wolf shifter and a healer for her pack. She was abandoned by her family when she was young and now the pack is all she has. Sometimes the people in the pack are a bit too protective and Victoria usually doesn't mind...at least until she meets Drake and wants people to stop interfering.

Drake is a dragon shifter who was trapped in hell at the age of 1
Jessica Frances
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having loved the first book in this series, Darkness Awakened, I couldn’t wait to read Drake and Victoria’s story. Having been forced into hell for a thousand years, Drake has no memory of his past as a boy, his family or who put him in hell in the first place. All he knows is that when he is finally freed, Victoria is a bright light in a dark life. They form a connection immediately and regardless that she is a werewolf and he is a dragon, they know they are mates. However when long lost family ...more
Jo
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine, gr2014, 4-5-stars

Re-read because dragons! and I love the way this author writes.

I really enjoyed this book. Drake was just a very sexy, dominant hero, and Victoria was perfect for him. The romance and sexual tension was wonderfully built on, the storyline was very interesting, and I can't wait to read the books of the other characters introduced in this book.

A must-read for all PNR lovers!

Kristin
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even though this storyline focuses on two different characters from the last book, you really need to read them in succession. When I started reading this one I felt like I was missing something. The characters seemed way too familiar with each other and there seemed to be some time gap in what was going on for the book to just be starting. So I reread the ending from Darkness Awakened and refreshed my memory of how these two characters met. Then afterwards I was able to jump right in the story ...more
Dawn
No rating...

I couldn't get through the first few pages.
I guess since I've been reading a lot of well written books, it's hard to go backwards. IDK.

No offense to anyone who enjoyed this book, it is just not for me. I cannot take immature dialogue, or stories about characters who seem to be 14 in mentality. Maybe I will come back to this another day.
Claudia
"Taste of Darkness" is the second book in the "Darkness" series by Katie Reus. Although you can read it as stand-alone (as I did) I think the enjoyment would be greater if you would read the first book first.

Drake is a dragon shifter who escaped Hell and is living with the Stavros pack. He has lost his memory and can't remember his past before Hell. But he is sure of one thing: that he found his mate

Victoria is the Stavros pack's healer. Her nature is healing, which is the total opposite of Drak
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • Burning Desire: Part 1
  • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • Waking the Beast (Awakening Pride, #1)
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)
  • Hunt the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #11)
  • Deal With The Devil (Purgatory, #4)
  • Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4)
  • Her Lone Wolf (X-Ops, #2)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • Eventide of the Bear (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #3)
  • Hidden Dragons (Hidden, #5)
  • Mending Hearts (The American Soldier Collection, #11)
  • Charred Tears (Heart of Fire, #2)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Darkness (9 books)
  • Darkness Awakened (Darkness, #1)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Hunted by Darkness (Darkness #4)
  • Into the Darkness (Darkness #5)
  • Saved by Darkness (Darkness, #6)
  • Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7)
  • Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness #8)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
“I've seen you burn trained vampires to a crisp and swat supernatural beings away with your wings as if they were insects bothering you, and my driving is terrifying?"
"Well it's not good.”
8 likes
“Always strap in. As supernatural beings we're pretty much going to survive any crash, especially you, but the police are more likely to pull you over if you're not strapped in."
"I'm certain they could pull you over for many other infractions," he murmured, doing as she instructed with the seatbelt.”
4 likes