Start by marking “Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)” as Want to Read:
Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)

Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  3,179 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
Enter the seductive world of Shannon McKenna, where passion and suspense are intertwined, and love is the riskiest venture of all . . .

ON THE EDGE

Nobody's home at the millionaire's estate on remote Frakes Island. And nobody seems to be watching. Becca Cantrell dives in for an illicit midnight skinnydip--and gets hauled out by a towering, hard-muscled guy with burning dark
Trade Paperback, 426 pages
Published February 1st 2008 by Brava (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Extreme Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extreme Danger

Cara Ellison
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Extreme Danger by Shannon McKenna is a trainwreck of a book. It is dripping with crazysauce.

I like Shannon McKenna’s books. I’m always a little embarrassed that I like them because they are so over the top, but I’m completely unable to defend having this book in my library.

Becca Cattrell is a typical McKenna heroine. She’s thirty and nearly virgin. Sort of goofy and clueless. Says “um” a lot (I will get to this in a minute.)

After her fiance is caught Tiger Woodsing her with a hussy who was givi
Auntee
Feb 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of hot romantic suspense
When I heard that this book would be about Seattle FBI agent Nick Ward, a relatively minor character in the previous McCloud Brothers books, I wasn't sure what to expect. To me he just seemed like an arrogant jerk, and I was curious what kind of story the author would come up with for him. Well, I was not disappointed! Shannon McKenna gave Nick a fully fleshed out backstory (including a heartbreaking childhood) that explained why he acted the way that he did. And while he still acted like an arr ...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*

This is one of the most intense suspense books I've ever read!
The bad guy is horrible!
The romance is awesome, hot and extremely un-mushy!
The suspense... Jesus! Uber exciting, intense, edge-of-the-seat reading material.
I can't recommend this enough! Wow!!
Dina
I really liked this book, and I wouldve given it a 5-star rating if not for the insights into the villainss minds. Im not squeamish about reading violence, but I felt that they were over the top in this book. They were just too much for me to take, and I had to speed read most of the scenes that described their hideous actions.

But I loved Becca and her sassy mouth, and Nick and his caveman attitude (all for show, because even he knew that Becca had him wrapped around her finger).
Miss Kim
Extreme Danger presents us with Nick Ward’s story. He’s Conner McCloud’s ex Fed partner. Nick had a role in Conner’s book and he was kind of jerk, and I didn’t think much about him. He is a serious bad ass, as all the men are in this series, with a horrible past. Aside from his own rough childhood, he cannot get over his last case. He was in deep cover when his Russian partner, Sergei, was murdered. Sergei’s’ young children were taken and held for who knows what atrocious crimes.

He’s no longer
Bj
I gave this book a B+ for the narration and B- for the story at AudioGals.

Narrated by Nelson Hobbs

If you love your romantic suspense with a big serving of erotic romance, then Extreme Danger may just be what you’re looking for. I must admit that I hadn’t previously listened to any other books by Ms. McKenna, so the heat level of this romance caught me off guard, which definitely affected my enjoyment of this title. In the past, my experience with romantic suspense had been limited to authors who
Roksana
This book is my least favourite from the other books in the series...

There was just something very sleazy about Nick the Hero....he constantly had sex on his mind and I am not saying it was wrong of him to wanting to have sex with the heroine, I like my Hero being the sexual aggressor, I like to feel the chemistry between them and that physical connection is so strong they just cannot resist each other and I got that from Nick and Beccy, but, I did not like the way their sexual attraction was pl
Juliana Philippa
My first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. I loved Nick, how he lets Becca start to see his tender and sweet-guy side, and how he lets his need for her really show through. I thought they were a great pairing and while I had read some people's comments about Becca being annoying, I didn't find her to be - and I'm pretty harsh when it comes to some of these heroines. I didn't like her snapping out comments and was annoyed that she didn't tell him something that then led to a Misunderst ...more
jenjn79
I had a really hard time getting into this book. Usually I enjoy McKenna's stories, but this one just didn't grab me for whatever reason. It could have been the way the book began, with the super nasty Zhoglo plying his evil, or maybe it was Nick's over-the-top "I am MAN, hear me roar" attitude. I'm a fan of dominant alpha males, but every so often while reading this book I kept thinking that McKenna may have trying too hard to push Nick's super macho image. Whatever it was about the book, I jus ...more
Zeek
To get away from the fallout of her fiance’s ugly betrayal, Becca Cattrell takes up her boss’s offer of a secluded vacation spot- only to find herself in the middle of a deadly game of cat and mouse.

Nick Ward has no idea who the naked babe is dipping in his pool but he knows she shouldn’t be there. Initially thinking she’s a gift from the scumbag he’s trying to kill, he soon realizes she’s at the wrong place, wrong time and scares her off. But when she returns to get something she left behind-
Jane Stewart
Wow. Another winner in sex, fear and suspense. I love this author.

During much of the reading of this book, I felt scared. The villian Zhoglo was evil. The things he threatened to do and actually did were horrendous. He was into rape, torture, murder and kidnapping children and young adults, who were imprisoned to be used later for organs to transplant. He would kidnap children, siblings and spouses of people as a way of blackmailing those people into doing what he wanted.

True to McKenna's form t
Lauren
Extreme Danger
3.5 Stars

Nick and Becca's romance is very engaging (up until the moment he behaves like an asshat). Becca is another of Shannon McKenna's naive yet strong willed heroines who have no problem coping with the alpha male heroes. Nick has an excessive amount of testosterone but manages to come across as endearing despite his overbearing attitude and terrible deductive skills.

While McKenna is skilled at writing truly despicable villains (Zhogolo is up there with the worst of the worst)
Kathleen
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book from start to finish. Great story, fantastic action, HOT love scenes and really bad to the bone villians. To me this series gets better and better with each book.
So, I am going to read the last book that is out in this series now, Ultimate Weapon. Tamera's story is sure to be action packed too.
 ~V~
Jul 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Wow!!..i think it was last summer that i started reading this series and they were such intense books that i had decided to give myself a break and come back to the rest...i am NOT remembering incorrectly when i say these are intense, both sexually and storyline wise...holy cow!! They really are such enjoyable books though..talk about getting you worked up in every way possible!!
In this 5th book of the series we finally get Nick's story..he was featured in the 2nd through 4th books...he was one
Heather
These books make me feel tired. They also give me a raging inferiority complex. Why don't I know how to take out deadly assassins and consciousless mad killer scientists? I can't hot wire a car. I don't know martial arts. And I don't have any sneaky weapons that I made myself stashed in my bra. And it turns out, my friends are equally dull. They don't know any of these things either. How boring is my life?

But the $64,000 question: if the love of your life is a real jerk because he's under a lot
Jill
Wow, wow, wow!! This book was awesome. The bad guy was scary as hell( does it get worse than organ thestealing little children?) He was the devil himself, my heart was in my chest whenever he was in a scene. Nick, my my my, he is such a wonderful Alpha male character, cold, damaged, horrible past but with a huge protective instinct and a feeling of responsibility, like he has to fix the world. I loved him. Becca and him together were an explosive, passionate pair. Sex scenes were amazing !!! Any ...more
Lisa Kay
My first Shannon McKenna book; therefore, a stong reason for placement on my 'favorite' shelf. It made her an auto-buy for me. It is full of non-stop action and a truly EVIL villain. Creep-oid. But the hero is swoon-worthy. There is a part where the hero does something to the heroine’s hair because she doesn’t realize the danger she is in…and I just gasped out loud. OMG! It was so good I have given it as a gift to a few people.
Mandapanda
I'm not a fan of romantic suspense but this was rated well by a reviewer I follow. Unfortunately I found it unbelievably dumb. The MC's were dumb, the plot was dumb and I felt dumb while I was reading it. I didn't finish but what I read is probably around the 2 star mark for me.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own
Not my cuppa.
Soby
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Nick and Becca's story was great. Nick is a lost soul who grew up with an abusive father and a mother who died young. He's given up on living and decides that the least he can do is go on what amounts to a suicide mission to rescue the daughter of a fellow undercover agent (now dead) from a vicious, unscrupulous international crime boss who's out to harvest and sell her organs. Then there's Becca, whose fiancé just cheated on her in a humiliating and public way. She just wants to get away for a ...more
Kay
Pages: 426
Heat Level: 4 out of 4 flames
Overall Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed by Kay Book Snitch

This is an oldie but goodie for me. I read it at the beginning of my romance stage, so this author will always have a special place in my heart.

Nick is an ex-Fed trying to live down a string of professional bad calls. They eat away eat him terribly. He's a man whore and has never had a meanin
Wminbc
Apr 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Still so good on a reread!!

The five star read, but thoughts of demotion to four stars are only because of the subject matter (no children were permanantly harmed...but burtal concept)...

Becca had a bitch of a day and finding her man and his mistress cracked up in her car with said mistresses connected to his private parts...yikes...that one just drives the day into the shitter.

Enter her lovely friend offering up a vacation home, a neighbours pool and some time off! Awesome, hit the grocery store
ElaineY
Jul 18, 2008 marked it as to-read
I liked this one more than all the others. For some odd reason, I didn't like ANY of the previous books even though so many people were raving about them I tried reading Standing In Shadows twice and still couldn't get past half of it.

Nevertheless, I found that the previous book, Edge of Midnight, was okay (meaning I finished it) so I bought Extreme Danger. What a pleasant surprise! I loved Nick and the plot was the way I like my romantic suspense - edgy and fast-paced.

I was hooked by Tam, a sec
chanceofbooks
Jan 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love McKenna, and this high-voltage offering certainly did not disappoint. However, I do see a certain "formula" emerging to her books, and I'd like to see her change things up a bit more. She delivered in the book that follows this one, "Ultimate Weapon," and I hope she continues to do that. The heroine in this book, Becca, is one of my favorites out of all of her heroines, but I really struggled a lot with her relationship with the hero. Stockholm syndrome is actually mentioned in this book ...more
Farah
Mar 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Hated every second of it !! This book made me nauseous .. I'm not even sure from where to start .. the skinny dipping had dumb all over it .. Becca's reaction to Nick was abnormal .. any normal human being would have screamed loud enough to burst some ear drums .. the mob thing was disgusting and very off turning .. the harassment .. the conversations .. it was a torture to read and the camera scene *gag* unforgivable !! I was disgusted by both Becca and Nick .. they're sick and then there's t ...more
Elle Aycart
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Nick is hands down one of my favorite heroes.
Tansy Foor
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
Really good book with some really steamy sex scenes and a pretty believable back story about a Ukrainian mob boss.

Definitely worth a read!
Shireen Hakani
One of the best in the series till now. I really liked it. Fast moving story, good action and hot romance, too.
Dabney
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alphahole-books
This is my favorite of all of Ms. McKenna's books. Some day, I'll write a proper review and share my deeply unhealthy love for Nick Ward.
Robin Covington
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Once again - I love Shannon.
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • Ice Blue (Ice, #3)
  • To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
Also wrote five category romances under the penname Shannon Anderson

::From The Author's Website::

HOW IT ALL BEGAN

I started writing my first romance novel in secret. I was working a temp job in an insurance office in Manhattan at the time, and the office manager had made it clear that even if there was nothing to do, I still had to look busy-- never one of my big talents. I felt bad about the waste
More about Shannon McKenna

McClouds & Friends (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Behind Closed Doors (McClouds & Friends #1)
  • Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends #2)
  • Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3)
  • Edge of Midnight (McClouds & Friends #4)
  • Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends, #6)
  • Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7)
  • Blood and Fire (McClouds & Friends #8)
  • One Wrong Move (McClouds & Friends #9)
  • Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10)
  • In For the Kill (McClouds & Friends, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • Once Upon a Prince
    $9.99 $0.99
  • To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
“You use your tits the way a ninja assassin uses nunchuks.” 46 likes
“You are out of your freaking skull!

Maybe, but is that relevant?”
20 likes