Start by marking “Boss Girl” as Want to Read:
Boss Girl

Boss Girl

Sydney Hack is the single, thirtysomething VP of news for a failing network… and she also has a taste for younger men.

She soon realizes a whole lot of over-thirty female viewers do as well, so she sets out to give these women what they want; a chiseled, trophy buck in his twenties sitting on the anchor desk next to a woman…

Just.

Like.

Them.

With nothing to lose she does the u
Published February 20th 2014 by Harper Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Boss Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boss Girl

Leah
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
When I read Nic Tatano’s debut novel last year I thought it was amaaaaazing. Wing Girl even made it into my top 15 reads of 2013 and quite easily makes it into my favourite books ever. It really was THAT good. It all just clicked for me, so I was obviously very pleased to hear Nic was writing a second novel and I was even happier to receive an early copy of Boss Girl to review, because I expected more of the same from Nic – ballsy heroines, who aren’t afraid to take on men and win, characters yo ...more
Tara Chevrestt
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
I should have loved this book. After all, men have been discriminating against women in the broadcasting industry for years. It is past time they had a taste of their own medicine, right? (If you're in doubt, watch Miss Representation, an astounding documentary that touches on this.)

But the women in this book take it way too far, making the story unsavory and hard to swallow.

The story: A network for women, by women, about women has decided to do away with the timeless habit of displacing women o
Agi
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Boss Girl is a second Nic Tatano's book and the first that I've read. To be totally honest, I am not sure why I haven't read Wing Girl yet, it's absolutely time to catch on this oversight. I am always so curious to read chick - lit through the man's point of view. Can be really interesting:)

Boss Girl is about four women working in the TV industry; very successful women who know what they want from life and their work, and most of all they want MEN. Young, handsome, beautiful men. They are like m
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Boss Girl is empowering and hilarious. I laughed so much at this book (even out loud). The main thing with Boss Girl is not to take it too seriously, at face value, this is escapism at its best, and as a woman, approaching the age of the women in this book, I would have liked nothing better to be in their positions. The jobs sound like a lot of fun for a single woman looking for a good time!

Sydney Hack, is trailblazer for television. She is the vice president of a news programme, with failing ra
Laura Greenwood

Title: Boss Girl
Author: Nic Tatano
From: Netgalley
Genre: Comedy
Release Date: 20th February 2014
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When Sydney Hack needs to up the ratings or lose her job, she does the only thing she can think of and hires a younger man as an anchor, pairing him with a more experienced older woman. Of course this is after she "checks his references". When the ratings dramatically improve, she is
Sherri Bryant
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I was provided with a complimentary copy of Boss Girl in exchange for an honest review. Nic Tatano is a new to me author and I have been intrigued for many years by the male author’s perspective in the chick-lit genre. I find the story lines refreshing and daring so if you are hesitating to read a chick-lit by a male author, let me stop you right there and save you from making a very big mistake.

With Boss Girl, Mr. Tatano takes the age old “casting couch” mentality and hurls it out the window in
Jane Hunt
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it

Boss Girl by Nic Tatano

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google +

After reading and loving 'Wing Girl' Nic Tatano's first Rom-com novel last year I looked forward to reading 'Boss Girl' which in many ways is the antithesis of the first book.

Boss Girl's premise of powerful women preying on male starlets is both compelling and unsavory. Young, career hungry men trade sex with dominant female bosses for advancement. The author's 'inside' TV knowledge gives the storyline a realistic edge.

Sydney
Swati
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-review
Four women, one news channel and the freedom to use their ways, their minds to get the highest ratings- it’s a recipe of disaster. Sydney Hack believes in being unconventional hence along with her three girl friends and colleagues; she outlined the criteria to hire the brigade of good looking male news anchors to sit next to the sexy women news anchors. They are looking for any man who is good looking, amazing in bed and ready to share the bed with all four women, in turn. Sydney’s idea worked, ...more
BestChickLit.com
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’m pretty open-minded but, in all honesty, I would have thought I’d be offended by a story that involved a group of high-powered women running around treating men as if they were their own sexual playthings. Except I wasn’t. Not. One. Bit.

Turning an old cliche on its head, Boss Girl is much more than a bunch of hopelessly horny women finding cheap thrills in the workplace. Sydney and her crew are intelligent, highly-driven, successful women who know what they want and go for it, and boy-oh-boy
Vilde
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: disclaimer
Read through netgalley.com

This was beyond expectation! I liked this, wasn't really expecting a lot when I first opened it on my Kindle my, oh my. This was so entertaining and additive, so much and so easy to read!
Bookevin
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining and addictive!
Alicia &