Start by marking “Nowhere to Goa: Bhang Lassis, Rickshaws, and Holy Cows!” as Want to Read:
Nowhere to Goa: Bhang Lassis, Rickshaws, and Holy Cows!

Nowhere to Goa: Bhang Lassis, Rickshaws, and Holy Cows!

Nowhere To Goa is a travel adventure novel that takes off when Scott, a studious sophomore at Northwestern University, flies halfway around the world to bring home his troublesome twin brother who has just been released from jail in India after a run-in with the law; something to do with a bhang lassi, a rickshaw, and a holy cow! But when his brother proves hard to reel in ...more
Published February 6th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere to Goa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere to Goa

Maureen
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, fiction
A couple of weeks ago I was approached by Doug E. Jones with the question if I was interested in reading and reviewing his book ‘Nowhere to Goa’. Seeing that this book is a travel adventure novel, this book was totally different than other books I have read. And I definitely like a new challenge. Last week ‘Nowhere to Goa’ arrived in paperback at my front door, and I started reading it.

In ‘Nowhere to Goa’ we follow Scott. Scott is a 19 year old American, who lived his life completely in the safe
Rabid Readers Reviews
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The author, Doug E. Jones, sent me a copy of this book in exchange for my review.

It would have been easy for Jones to ride on stereotypes in “Nowhere to Goa Bhang Lassis, Rickshaws, and Holy Cows!” Scott, the good twin vs. Mike, the rakish and likeable irresponsible twin. Instead of leaning on what might be easy, Jones builds an authentic, wholly realized and thoroughly entertaining story of a man who may be looking for his brother but ends up finding himself.

“Nowhere to Goa Bhang Lassis, Ricksh
Lorraine Pestell
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are tourists and there are travellers. Tourists watch the world go by while travellers become part of it. This book is written by a traveller, albeit on début!

"Nowhere to Goa..." was such an entertaining and informative read, with so much descriptive detail that my senses were right there in India and Thailand, right down to the unfortunate bathroom incidents that are known to befall us all in strange places and witnessing misshapen faces after the drunken brawls.

Funny and smart, this is a
Kristin Scearce
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Well, Scott's brother Mike has done it again. Not only is he in trouble, which is par for the course with him, but this time, he managed to find himself imprisoned in INDIA, of all places! Now it's up to Scott to drag him back home, flying halfway around the world to a foreign land he's never been to before to do so. The thing is, Scott and Mike are twins, and along the way, Scott gets mistaken for his brother on more
Stacie
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Nowhere to Goa is the story of a young man's impressive trek across Southeast Asia in hopes of locating his twin brother, but what he discovers along the way leaves him forever changed.

Scott and Mike are twins, but about as different as night and day. Scott is a responsible college student who has his future planned out. Mike, on the other hand, is wild and carefree. He takes life one day at a time and he's never met a party he didn't like. So when Mike decides to head to India to attend a Full
Aly
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hilarious, top-rated
The book is set in first person perspective from Scott's perspective. It was interesting and throughout the book Scott really has some character growth. It was interesting to read, and you found yourself questioning things that you might have always taken for granted. It was something that I enjoyed reading because it made you question things that had been set in stone. Not to mention you get to meet a lot of new people, of different religions and cultures. It gives you a good look into a new pe ...more
RYCJ
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Good. The beginning. Who wouldn’t be intrigued and invested in wanting to know what will happen to a studious college student who leaves home and travels across the world... to India where he has never been, much less heard of or studied, to facilitate getting his twin brother home safely?

The Mmeh Okay. And then I got to travel with Scott, pulled to the edge of my chair even, reeled all the way into the sticky situation of a forgotten Visa that leads to an excursion, or events... let the re
Jamie Blair
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A coming-of-age story involving an international adventure—Nowhere to Goa is equally endearing and exhausting, and it’s definitely worth the read.

This book sat in my ‘to review’ pile for awhile before I started on it. My loss, because within the first few pages, the voice alone had sucked me in. Scott finds himself in a peculiar situation: he needs to collect his twin brother…in India. His anticipated quick trip is anything but, and the novel unfolds with a journey full of the unexpected.

Jones’s
Marlies Bakker
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One big fantastic book that will take you on a trip to India. Jones sended me an copy of this book by e-mail for my Dutch bookblog www.teatimebooks.nl. I really liked the book, it has lots of humor that's definitly a plus. But it also has it's emotional moments because of the search of Scott's brother Mike. Scott will find himself.. This book has everything you wish. Travel adventures, emotions and humor.
Aug 14, 2014
Sarah Taylor
Sep 30, 2014
Christine
Oct 08, 2014
Doug E. Jones graduated from UCLA with a degree in English Literature and a minor in Creative Writing.

He has worked overseas in Australia, Japan, and Costa Rica and traveled extensively in Thailand, Nepal, and India where his novel takes place.

Back in the States, he wrote for the TV show Charmed.