Start by marking “Mary Bennet” as Want to Read:
Mary Bennet

Mary Bennet

No one who has ever seen me would suppose me a heroine. My situation in life, the character of my father and mother, indeed my own person and disposition are all against me. MARY BENNET Mrs Bennet is determined that all five of her daughters must marry. Mary knows she is the least attractive of her sisters but to hear her parents laughing at her attempts to overcome this b ...more
Published February 4th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Catherine Bishop
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. A lot. It was simple and cute and sometimes you just need that in a book.

I'm fascinated by the authors take on Mary. In Pride and Prejudice she's portrayed as being rather pious, but in this she has a more scientific mind. I actually ended up having a lot in common with her.

It did have a lot of editing problems, but i can't bring myself to give it a lower rating as i loved it so much.

Debbie
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a beautiful continuation to Pride and Prejudice focusing on the shy and demere Mary Bennett. I love classics. The language, the sweet and romantic way the men treated women. Everything about this novel was so well put together. A great portrayal of the times and how hard it was to tell a man you cared way back when.
Susan
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this Pride and Prejudice sequel Mary and Catherine Bennet are invited/sent to Pemberley to acquire husbands. On their journey northwards, while staying at an inn, Mary meets early one morning a Mr Sharnbrook of Kent. This proves not to be an auspicious start to a relationship but they meet later at Pemberley. Can Mary overcome her faults to have a happy ending.
An enjoyable easy to read tale of one of my favourite characters.
Susan
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A re-read of this Pride and Prejudice sequel where Mary and Catherine Bennet are invited/sent to Pemberley to acquire husbands. On their journey northwards, while staying at an inn, Mary meets, early one morning a Mr Sharnbrook of Kent. This proves not to be an auspicious start to a relationship but they meet later at Pemberley. Can Mary overcome her faults to have a happy ending.
Still an enjoyable easy to read tale of one of my favourite characters.
Chelsea
This was a very enjoyable book about Mary Bennet and I enjoyed how the author showed some scenes from the perspective of Mary as well as some from the perspective of Mr. Sharnbrook. I enjoyed this books main story although I would have liked an epilogue and to have found out what happened with Georgiana's possible romance as well as what happened with Kitty. I felt like her story just got forgotten and things never resolved themselves.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mary Bennet is a familiar, if somewhat neglected character, in Jane Austen’s classic Pride and Prejudice. Mary, the middle child of the five Bennet sisters, lacks the vivacity and beauty of Elizabeth and Jane and lacks the boy crazy flirtatiousness of Kitty and Lydia. Not surprisingly Mary fades into the background as readers are drawn to the fates of her sister.

Kate Allan gives us the story of Mary, the much maligned middle sister, who for most of her life has been an embarrassment to her famil
Margaret Madden
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Review to follow
Keishua
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
another good continuation. I really hope she does kitty's story, too. there was some editorial strangeness but nothing that distracted too much from the book.
J.B (Debbie)
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Minny
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was a bit like Mary: plain but insightful and sweet.
Lisa Collins