Start by marking “Final Stand (The Final Life #2)” as Want to Read:
Final Stand (The Final Life #2)

Final Stand

(The Final Life #2)

Dominique is still alive after killing Tavion, the Tainted who's hunted her for lifetimes. Yet her protectors still fear for her life. They force her to flee Houston and abandon the friends she loves. But they can't protect her from herself. When Dominique starts hearing Tavion's voice in her head, she realizes that her personal connection to the Tainted still exists. And ...more
Paperback
Published March 2014

To ask other readers questions about Final Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Stand

books are love
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

that says it all. I mean holy toledo boledo. I did not think Ms. garcia could top the first book in the series but this one does and than some. The ending and poor Farrell my heart goes out to the guy. Seriously after all him and Dominque go through for this to be the outcome jeez. Talk about bad timing.

This book picks up where final life ends. they are on their way to hiding when tragedy strikes and it is seen a traitor is in the mix or several traitors and let me tell you when you read this a
Mariela Bustos
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok guys if you haven't read Final Life, what are you waiting for? Go get it so you can get to final Stand quicker. Book one grabbed my attention but book two has my heart and emotions.... I need more, wanting to see what is coming next? I am literally on the edge waiting for more. I think book 3 will be epic.

Not usually a Paranormal reader but have found myself occasionally reading one. I found this writer through a fb takeover and knew I had to read her books. Imagine my surprise when I met he
Once Upon a Twilight
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
OUT's Review

Not only did the covers of Rose Garcia’s novels grab my attention, the main character Dominique did as well. I immediately made a connection with her when I realized that she was a senior and was being asked to move away to whole other life of friends, people, places. Everything you don’t want to do when you are at that point in life, where you feel that you have just one more step to take before you reach that next level in life. I had a similar experience in life, where moving away
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I think I did like this book a bit more than the first one. The action started a bit faster and it was good to see characters from the first book, as well as new ones.

I was quite intrigued by Fleet and the other characters' reactions to him. I'm not sure exactly what I thought of him personally, but I would like to see more of him and learn a bit more about his relationship with his brot
A Leisure Moment
description

To read the rest of the review, simply follow the link: http://www.aleisuremoment.com/2014/04...
Eye Candy Bookstore
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The journey continues for Dominique in another fantastic story in this series. There is more intense danger as the mysteries begin to unravel. The twists and turns keep you guessing as you find people you thought could be trusted are not who they seem to be. This book is just as riveting as the first and I look forward to reading more as this journey continues.

5 stars
Reviewed by: Linda Rimer-Como
Linda Rimer-Como
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The journey continues for Dominique in another fantastic story in this series. There is more intense danger as the mysteries begin to unravel. The twists and turns keep you guessing as you find people you thought could be trusted are not who they seem to be. This book is just as riveting as the first and I look forward to reading more as this journey continues,

Gifted copy for review.
Sofia Li
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it
To read the full post and enter the giveaway, go to my blog Loving the Language of Literacy">Loving the Language of Literacy

*There are some unavoidable spoilers for Final Life. If you haven't already, check out my review, here*
*I was given this book from Good Choice Reading which does not in the slightest affect my honest review of this book*

My Background: Of course, my background for this book is the fact that I read the first one for a review blast back in January, and now that there was a
Julie
Final Stand is a great follow up to Final Life. This sequel contained even more action and adventure and some unexpected plot twists. The story was pretty fast-paced and I found the events exciting - especially the time travel portion. That was really cool, I have to say. Props for throwing that in there. This book contains a lot of mystery as well as betrayal, and Dominique doesn't know who to trust or who is really on her side.

I liked the growth in Dominique's character in Final Stand. She is
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Everything I wanted to know in the first book, I found out in this one. I was pretty excited about that, plus the action just kept happening. Final Stand kept my attention completely with so many twists and changes... I couldn't read fast enough. Dominique doesn't know who to trust, and I didn't either. I kept trying to guess, but I was wrong each time. I'm not sure about the romance. Dominique seems to decide on a guy, but she still seems indifferent to me, s
Lesley Peck
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So luckily I was able to review these books back to back because honestly I would have gone nuts...the bad part...I still have to wait on book 3. Holy crap! I have to wait on book 3. I need it so badly. The way book 2 ended. I am dying here. OHMYGAWDDDDD!! These books are AHHHHHH-MAZZZING!!!

Book 1 - Wow. It sucked me in and I was finished reading before I realized I was at the end of the book. And then I was like WHAT? In book 1 you meet all the characters and you become attached. Some you like
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As Dominique comes to terms she defited Tavion, the leader of the tainted ones, her parents decide they must continue to moved and they must make everyone believe they didn't survive a horrific accident they will suffer. In order to continue protecting Dominique.

Little did they know that this trip will alter everyones lives. Secrets will be reveal, lives will be loss, friendships will be put to a test, and hearts will be broken.

I couldn't put this book down once I started reading it, it had me s
Rachel
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This amazing story continues with the second book in the Transhuman Chronicles, Final Stand. I enjoyed this book as it took me deeper into this paranormal world of energy users.

As you thought Dominique had left her friends again they ended up being a key to her survival and the link to knowing her past. The characters took twists that you would not expect and you did not know who you could and couldn’t trust.

It is an amazing series and I can’t wait for the next book.
Tonya Nichols
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book Two of the The Transhuman Chronicles was great. This one definitely had your emotions all over the place! The twists and turns and ups and downs keep me reading on. It is action packed and full of drama. You get more of Trent, Ferrell, and of course, Dominique. She is such a great character that people can relate to.

If you are not sure if sci-fi is for you, try this series, you will not be disappointed. It is action packed and will leave you wanting more from this author!
Mandy Parmenter
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dominique might have killed Tavion but she still feels punished as she is forced to flee from Houston and leave all her friends behind. Problem is she can still hear Tavion in her head so she still has a connection to the Tainted - then their car is ambushed and it becomes clear that someone close is a traitor. So she goes back to Houston and seeks Trent and Infiniti who are first lifers to get some help. However it is complicated between her and Trent due to her pull towards Farrell. So when it ...more
Mary
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The challenges continue for Dominque and her family and friends. Now that she defeated Tavion, they are in uncharted waters since this didn’t happen in previous lives. They head back to Michigan and plan to stage their death. The Tainted interfere which leads to a traitor being amongst them. As they work to figure out how to solve this problem, they realize they need Trent which means revealing who they are to him. I love that Infiniti also becomes a large part of this journey. Together, they al ...more
Carla
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Five Star Review

Final Stand picks up right where Final Life left off. Dominique has eliminated Tavion, so you would think that she is safe, but it seems that she is still in danger. She and her protectors are on their way to a safe house when tragedy strikes. Throw in a traitor or two, and Dominique's life is once again turned upside down. As her story continues to unfold, there is more danger and even more mystery.

I simply can't get enough of this series! I devoured this book and cannot
Donna Midgley
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
And so the story continues and one of the things i love most about the start of this book is that it takes off right from the end of the last. Dominque is on a mission and luckily she has Farrell, Trent and Infiniti. It's not good that Farrell has lost his memories which doesn't help them since he knows more than all of them.

This book is packed full of drama, drama and it is unbelievably good. Farrell's brother, Fleet comes into the story and my gut reaction is not to trust him. There's somethin
Destiny
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had never read anything from this particular author before, and I got all four books. I made the mistake of reading book number four , first......🤨and I thought man now this is gonna suck ! But you know these books can actually be stand alone or as in my case read out of order.lol
I enjoyed the characters, and you know how you just connect with that one person and just love them ?
Well not this series , I loved them , then hated them, then loved them again.
So if you are looking for a new great
Denise Van plew
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Since I started this one I am now more than curious on this series so on to what I found in this installment. Dominique is still the girl that keeps you on edge as the race for her "life" continues. The suspense and drama in this one will have you thinking you are on one of those rides . You will be wrapped up in this one the outside will not matter. Many questions pop with only some of the answers setting us up I do believe for another one.
Nardia Barnes
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh what to say.......taking off from the end of book one, we still find Dominique still trying to wrap her mind around her fated life. And along this journey, which could be compared to a frigging scary rollercoaster ride, she struggles each day with whom she can truly trust.

I don't want to give anymore away, as there is still so much to this story, which more will come in book 3. So you won't be disappointed, but be prepared to have the next book on hand, cause you're going to need it!
P.A. Pursley
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-books
The first book of the trilogy, "Final Life" was okay but this second one was hard to put down! I have the third one and am about to start it!

I guess the first book in any series is difficult because you are working on getting the readers to know the characters. Since I already knew the characters, it was easy to get into the book and enjoy the story.

If you enjoy supernatural stories with lots of twists and turns...this book is for you!

Bring on "Final Death"!
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 FINAL STAND STARS!! OMG....this is one jammed packed story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This series is amazing, you don't know who is good or who is bad. Dominique continues on the journey and I can't wait to see where we end up. Rose Garcia has written the perfect entertainment series.
Natalie
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. Ok so this was another intense, edge of your seat book. As with the last, this book was very descriptive and keeps you informed on all fronts. The moving from time period to time period was so interesting and frustrating at times.. lol Frustrating because they had to do it not because it was hard to follow. Rose really did a great job keeping this story interesting and riveting!!
Lisa Lawson
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
With Tavion dead, Dominique and her family leave Houston to regroup and start a new life. Still being The Marked One, Dominique soon finds out her life is still in danger and there is a traitor amongst them. Book two in the series is full of suspense and plot twists I've learned to expect from Rose Garcia. A fantastic read.
Tami czenkus
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok... When I first started this series I wasn't so sure that I would enjoy it, because I am usually not into this genre but Rose Garcia writes all the emotions of her characters perfectly and she sucks you into their world keeping you glued to the pages. Full of angst and suspense... WHO DO YOU TRUST???
Kellyann
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Final stand for sure

I think I want to cry. That ending. Great book but now I need to read book 3 right away. This book is intense and full of suspense that will make your heart come out of your chest. I loved it but very worried for Farrell and Dominique.
Felicia Semmler
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am captivated by this series and this book was nothing short of awesome! I was sucked in and didn’t even realize it was coming to an end. I love that the crew is back together and that we have some questions answered but more remain. I will be starting book 3 right away
Elaine
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, I couldn't put the darn book down. This book pulled my in from the beginning and had me sitting on the edge of my seat until the very end!
Man, am I glad that I got to read this book!
Angela Thomas
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just....... the first book was good & pulled me in enough to see what happened with Dominique. This book has me on the edge guessing what’s going to happen next! I did not put it down. Mom's reading tonight kids!! Diner what’s that? Popcorn, coke, & book 3 for me!!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Loveless, Volume 12
  • Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours, #1)
  • The Demon Bride (The Witching Pen series, #3)
  • Murder of Crows
  • Shadow Bound (Wraith, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The Fahllen, #2)
  • Lost Boys
  • Blood+, Vol. 03 (Blood+, #3)
  • Osteoblasts to the Rescue: An Imaginative Journey Through the Skeletal System
  • Invincible (Aerling, #3)
  • The Demon's Apprentice (The Demon's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Scandalous Ward (Sweet Deception Regency #4)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • The Practical Guide to Happiness, If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Gallagher's Choice (Montana Gallaghers, #3)
  • Aundes Aura
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
Rose Garcia is a lawyer turned writer who's always been fascinated by science fiction and fantasy. From a very young age, she often had her nose buried in books about other-worlds, fantastical creatures, and life and death situations. More recently she's been intrigued by a blend of science fiction and reality, and the idea that some supernatural events are, indeed, very real. Rose's books feature ...more

The Final Life (4 books)
  • Final Life (The Final Life, #1)
  • Final Death (The Final Life #3)
  • First Life  (The Final Life #4)