Start by marking “Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)” as Want to Read:
Withholding Evidence (Evidence, #3)

Withholding Evidence (Evidence #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  821 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Some secrets are worth dying for…

Military historian Trina Sorensen has a nearly impossible task before her: get recalcitrant but tempting former Navy SEAL Keith Hatcher to reveal what happened during a top secret Somalia op five years ago. Recent history isn’t usually her forte, but the navy wants an historian’s perspective and has given her the high security clearance to
Published February 26th 2014 by Janus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Withholding Evidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Withholding Evidence

Mandi Schreiner
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, rom-suspense
I really like this Evidence series by Rachel Grant. I've read them completely out-of-order, but they all do well as stand-alones. This review request came in audiobook format, and since I'm a huge lover of audiobooks, I said sure!

Trina Sorensen is a military historian - her research and books focuses on the Navy. Her latest assignment is to uncover some truths to a top-secret mission SEALs went on in Somalia five years ago. She heads to former Navy SEAL, Keith Hatcher, so see what he can tell he
Anita
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Some secrets are meant to stay secret. Even in this media mad society, some things are better off not being broadcast to the world, especially when they have to do with military operations. I'm not a fan of the Wikileaks crowd and their obsession with knowing every State secret. I trust my government, for the most part, and believe I am better off not knowing some things. For a novella, this book packs in quite a lot. The romance is beyond hot and the suspense is intense.

Trina is a Military Hist
Sunny
I love the topics Rachel Grant writes about. As a history student, I love her references to history (yes, even military history) and archeology. She does a wonderful job making the study of history relevant.

Trina Sorensen is a military historian looking to analyze the activities of several special forces missions. Keith Hatcher is a retired Chief Petty Officer and sniper. He was involved in a super secret operation that resulted in a action that could still lead to an international crisis. He i
Mei
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

Oh, Ms Grant, why didn't you write a longer story?

I LOVED the previous two, but they were almost two times longer! This one, though good, was way too short! I wanter more of everything!

More of Keith and more of Trina. More of their time together, and not only their heat, but their feelings. More of the conspiracy...

I would have liked even the conspiracy to be more complicated... (view spoiler)
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
4.5 out of 5!!

Yet another series I happen upon that is too good to not have known about!

Trina shows up at Keith's condo to ask about his time in Somalia. Since he was a SEAL, he has sworn not to talk about any of his missions. Trina is a military historian working on base with a high security clearance, so she feels he should answers her questions... He won't but he thinks she's a cute little librarian type & chases her...

When he finally convinces her they should get together/date, his hou
Hope Frost
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
RG has a way with romantic suspense. Just when you think you know....BAM....another curve ball is thrown. I really enjoyed this story. It was a bit shorter than her normal books, but I don't think the story was lacking because of it. The characters were awesome and had great chemistry and it was great to see Mara and Curt again as well. This series seems to get better and better. If you love RS, I highly recommend this series.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every book in this series amazes me with not only introducing real life aspects of archaeologists of all forms but also in giving us glimpses into the jobs we don’t always hear about our men and women doing in war torn countries.

Have you heard the term Bait and Switch? Well the author got me good. If you’ve read the other books in the series especially the 2nd book you she likes to start off with a thrilling ride and never let up until the last page. Well she had me fooled the first couple of c
Kai
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, net-gallery
Withholding Evidence is a story full of intrigue. Trina Sorensen, a military historian, was assigned to find out what happened in a Somalia op five years ago from an ex-Navy SEAL Keith Hatcher. It is an assignment that Trina is find that it is more difficult than she thought.

Keith was protecting the very thing that could destroy lives and the very foundation that could destroy the United States' alliances with other countries. It is a secret that his SEAL team will take to their graves. He wasn'
Laylaw
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
3.5 Military Secrets Stars!

I have been so lucky to read several Rachel Grant books so far and I just love how detailed they are. In addition to that , there is always so much integration with current events and other true events that have happened that the story makes you feel like its 100% factual or could be factual.

Trina is rare find in her department, she is a Female military historian. She finds herself tasked with researching events from a military mission that involved a unit of SEALS fro
Emsy Van Wyck
As you might guess, I quickly began reading the next title in the Evidence series, Withholding Evidence.

This time the heroine, Trina Sorensen, is a military historian who works for Mara and in the same government agency as Erica. Yes, all three women are rocking their respective professions.

It’s clear that Trina has faced quite a bit of chauvinism in her chosen field. If you’re someone whose been up against the old boy network, you’ll appreciate how Grant describes Trina’s struggles - and her t
Dolly
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm getting to the point if I see Ms Grant's name on a book, I'm going to buy it!

I got my copy of Withholding Evidence from NetGalley.

What I liked: This is listed as a short novel at about 150 pages. It's so well written and developed, it read like a huge novel. I've always been a fan of romantic suspense and am glad to have a new author to add to that genre.

Characters from previous novels are included in the supporting cast of Withholding Evidence. I really enjoy seeing how previous character
Bette Stanek
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4 SEAL Stars. Ms Grant does it again. I love all the history in her stories. While she does take liberties with that history, her books are based on actual events which keep the storyline, characters and setting very real. Another thing I love? Learning about all the different areas an archeologist can work in. This story doesn't have an archeologist, it has a military historian who works with archeologists.

Ms Grant develops strong female characters who are independent and alpha males with brai
ci
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it

If you follow any of my reviews than you know that I'm a military romance thriller FREAK! This was my first Rachel Grant book and much to my dismay the third book in the series, but you didn't need to read the first two. You can bet that I've already downloaded the other two!!!

I'm not going to give you the book synopsis because you can find that online. I'm not going post any spoilers, but I will tell you I truly enjoyed this book.

A HOT ex-seal and a mousy historian....what's not to lik
Missy
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received Withholding Evidence #3 by author Rachel Grant via Net Galley, provided by All Night Reads. This book is sizzling hot, and right from the beginning I was impressed with the written characters cat chase mouse effect. Had me at hello! Wipe the drool off the Kindle Fire screen, heat factor level intense. And I'm almost ashamed to admit, I am coming late in the game, as this is book 3, but my first read...I need to play catch up! And with an explosive ending, * puns all over the radar her ...more
Tom Elder
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Grant. Book 3
Withholding Evidence.
This is the 3rd book in the evidence series. Trona Sorensen is a historian of military, she has been assigned to find out what happened 5 years ago in Somalia. She meets up with ex navy seal Keith Hatcher and spends time trying to get the info out of him, to no avail. During her asking Keith what went on in Somalia, they both fall in love with each other. Things get interesting both romantically and work wise. This book goes along at a fine pace and you
Paula
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Withholding Evidence #3 by Rachel Grant is my first book to read of this author. It has a fast pace plot and intriguing suspense. The characters, Keith and Trina are complicated and strongly matched. There is good development between the two as journalist searching for answers and military personnel keeping secrets. This plot has it all, action, suspense, drama, and romance. The ending is quite intense. This is a stand-alone novel but I plan now to read the first two in the series.
Copy provided
Jo
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, good things do come in small packages. This short novel is proof of that!

The other two books I have read from this author have been full length novels, but I didn't feel particularly short changed by this one. As usual, the subject matter felt well researched and detailed. We have a hot alpha male (with a secret) and a strong female lead.

With chemistry and intrigue liberally woven into the story line, this book will, I have no doubt, keep you hooked (and guessing) until the last page.
*Avonna
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Grant's Evidence Series is now a must buy and read for me!

Withholding Evidence is a much shorter novel than the previous Evidence books, but it is just as interesting and exciting. Trina and Keith are both strong characters and even though this story is short, the plot never seems rushed. Many characters from the previous novels are tied into this story, also.

I am anxiously awaiting the next Evidence book!!!
Sarah Andre
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is a short novel it has all the punch and dramatic twists of her other works. SEAL hero and a historian who resembles a librarian make a great contrasting couple, and their conflict over the SEAL's secret op held me until the last page! Highly recommend.
Mandy
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I had received this book as a Good Reads First Reads giveaway. This book was awesome. I was entranced from the beginning. The vivid details of the characters made it easy to get wrapped up within their lives. I am a new fan of Rachel Grant's writing.
Sheri Jensen
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read but entertaining. Rachel Grant has a way of getting you involved with the characters right away which makes the story more enjoyable.
Krista Hall
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-t
Short novel with compelling characters, fast-paced plot, and snappy dialogue. Another winner in the Evidence series!
Toni Anderson
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Love the way Rachel incorporates her expertise in her stories to bring a fresh angle to the Romantic Suspense genre.
Kjen
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-this-series
4.5 Stars:) Love this series!
Judi
Another winner from Ms. Grant. It may be a novella but it's jam packed with action and sexy times.
Glenda Bettin
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book
Sheri
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved the sexy historian and the ex-SEAL. The plot kept me guessing until the end.
Suzana
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 to 5 stars*

I loved and adored this book too. I just wish it was longer and that we had an epilogue. But it was perfect ending.

Also I love different topics Rachel Grant's writing about. She makes it more interesting with the details that are on point. I love references to history and archaeology; and how they could be connected.

Withholding Evidence is the third book in Rachel Grant's Evidence series. This book sends a message that "Some secrets are meant to stay secret." I loved Keith and T
The_Book_Queen
Loved the opening chapter of this one -- masturbation teasing, ahoy! Just trust me, it was fun. :)

I really enjoyed this, my first time reading Grant, but I'll be back (I have book 1, and now 2, on my Kindle thanks to various sales recently). Good writing, a voice I enjoyed, a solid suspense and plot, characters I liked, and sexy times -- what more could you ask for?

Love that the heroine has such a unique job, at least in romancelandia -- historian, but specifically for the military/Navy.

If you
Alison
This was okay, not bad for a freebie but I found it to be too cliched and as a consequence could get quite irritating.

Trina Sorenson is a military historian and she has been tasked with detailing what happened on a Navy SEAL operation in Somalia five years ago. Former SEAL Keith Hatcher cannot disclose what happened on that op, its a national secret but he wants to see the sexy historian again. But when Trina and Keith are attacked on more than one occasion it appears that this secret could be l
RATinformant.com 1 1 Jan 18, 2017 06:16PM
  • Cold in the Shadows (Cold Justice, #5)
  • Blind Fury (Men of Steele, #1)
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Savage Secrets (Titan, #4)
  • Breaking Away (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #3)
  • Take Over at Midnight (The Night Stalkers, #7)
  • Hunted (Hostage Rescue Team #3)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Cold Day in Hell (Lost and Found, Inc., #2)
  • The Enforcer (Taskforce, #3)
  • Honor Unraveled (Red Team, #3)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Killing Honor (Lucky Thirteen, #1)
  • Dangerously Hot (Hostile Operations Team, #4)
Four-time Golden Heart® finalist Rachel Grant worked for over a decade as a professional archaeologist and mines her experiences for storylines and settings, which are as diverse as excavating a cemetery underneath an historic art museum in San Francisco, survey and excavation of many prehistoric Native American sites in the Pacific Northwest, researching an historic concrete house in Virginia, an ...more
More about Rachel Grant

Evidence (7 books)
  • Concrete Evidence (Evidence, #1)
  • Body of Evidence (Evidence, #2)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Covert Evidence (Evidence, #5)
  • Cold Evidence (Evidence, #6)
  • Poison Evidence (Evidence, #7)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“He smelled good too—a musky cologne that made her want to bite him. He” 1 likes