Start by marking “Beautiful Oblivion (The Maddox Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Oblivion (The Maddox Brothers, #1)

Beautiful Oblivion

(The Maddox Brothers #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  65,267 ratings  ·  6,318 reviews
The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Published July 1st 2014 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Oblivion, please sign up.
MichellemyBelle Seems as if the author was grasping at straws to create suspense but fell short leaving us wondering why the big secret was even a secret to begin…moreSeems as if the author was grasping at straws to create suspense but fell short leaving us wondering why the big secret was even a secret to begin with.(less)
Janice
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  65,267 ratings  ·  6,318 reviews

Start your review of Beautiful Oblivion (The Maddox Brothers, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Review coming soon!

Christy
5 Maddox Stars!

description

What is it about those Maddox brothers? They are impossible not to love. Honestly, I thought that there was no way I would love Trenton like I love Travis, no way that Beautiful Oblivion could top Beautiful Disaster. I would say that the book was just as good, and if you can believe it… I liked Trent even more than Travis! I feel like I’m betraying Travis by saying that, but I can’t help it. I’ve fallen in love with a different Maddox boy

description

Cami knows from the moment she becomes ‘
Claire Robinson
1.5/2 "I have a bad case of awkward as fuck." Stars.

I really do not know where to start... I am beyond disappointed....

As such my review is going to be short and too the point.

For me, there were one too many similarities to Beautiful Disaster, for the key development points to Cami and Trent's relationship, as well as Cami's whole back-story.

There was far too much extra drama from secondary characters, the whole Raegan/Kody/Jason Hoopla added absolutely nothing to the story, and just got on
BookHeroin
2 stars

No! just no.
I'm gonna keep this as simple as i can.
It was shitty, Boring, unnecessarily book/money machine of a book.
I'm not the only one who thinks that, mostly everyone does as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jamie McGuire is so not a good writer:

She hit the jackpot when she created Travis Maddix and that is THE ONLY good thing she ever wrote about. Just creating this character. Because as we know (the real fans) she screwed alot with that book because she wrote a hundred novellas (hyperbole).
Jamie
• Lisa •
THREE MADDOX STARS.

“I was in trouble. Big, disastrous, Maddox trouble.”

description

I was beyond excited to start this most anticipated book, it feels like so long ago when Jamie McGuire announced that she would be writing a series involving the Maddox brothers and since then I've been more than ready to fall in love once again with one of this authors beautifully damaged heroes. 'Beautiful oblivion' is a complicated love story with plenty of swoon and sexy to go with it. It didn't quite reach my five
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I really, really don't want to write a review for this book. After reading Beautiful Disaster, and it completely stealing my heart, I could not wait for more Maddox brothers. Like, look at the bottom of this review, I was completely pumped!! However, this one sort of fell flat for me. I know, I know, don't start stalking me down with revenge planned out, I'm only one person, but IMO it just didn't compare to Travis' book not as far as storyline, but (runs and hides) quality. :(

I don't know, I
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Oh my GOD!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

We get a cover, blurb and DATE!!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thomas' book :D *happy dance*

LOVE THE MADDOX CLAN

description

The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her
Rose
Pre-read: Screw it...I'm taking one for the team. Again. >.<

Post-read: Review coming. I'm probably going to end up breaking the review limit for this book again, but - there's a lot to discuss and much I found wrong with this book, probably in some familiar ways as well as some new issues that decided to rear with this particular book.

Also, the "twist" ending? That was a cheap shot man. >.< But this read was full of cheap shots, and it made the read so manufactured that I feel
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

Beautiful Disaster was the first, and maybe only book, where I reached the end and had to immediately re-read from start to finish because I didn’t want to lose the all-consuming, totally-in-love book feeling emoted by Jamie McGuire's special characters and story. So Beautiful Oblivion, Trenton & Cami, had a lot to live up to and, joyfully, it reached that 5 star AMAZING feeling. Just wonderful. At the end my first thought was WOW! I really didn’t expect that and once again I was compelled
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 Maddox Brother 's

“Anything to do with the Maddoxes is never boring.”
This Couldn't be any more accurate!!

I was so ecstatic when I learned Jamie McGuire was doing a spinoff series for all the Maddox brothers! I was a little worried though because I wasn't sure that I could truly love Trenton like I love Travis. But let's face it, it's impossible NOT to fall in love with any Maddox!! These boys are... IRRESISTIBLE! I can't say I loved Trenton more than Travis because that'd be crazy. But I
KAS
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars

Well now, that was one ”Say what?” endings!! Very intriguing to say the least, and now I am in need of answers!

Once again I was blown away by the unconditional love the Maddox brothers have for their women. This was Trenton Maddox story and I just wish I cared more for Trenton’s woman, Cami, than I did and also wish I would have enjoyed the storyline more.

I think I am still so hung over from reading the amazing story of Travis and Abby in “Beautiful Disaster” my expectations were
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Trent Stars

”It’s crazy feeling this happy…are you as happy as I am?”

[image error]

I completely devoured this book! It was a page turner, excitingly mysterious, angsty and had a limited amount of Pigeon scenes so for me it was good read!

Cami and her boyfriend T.J. barely see each other. They live in different states, his job is top secret while she is attending school and bartending at Red.

Jamie McGuire weaved Cami and Trent’s story amongst a large cast of characters and within the time
* Meli Mel *

2.75 'I'm so sad' Stars

*Le sigh* I don't know what to say about this one. I really don't want to dislike this one, but I am so disappointed. I absolutely LOVED Beautiful Disaster, and even enjoyed Walking Disaster a bit, only because it was in Travis's POV. So, when I hear his brother Trenton is getting a book, of course I'm freaking excited to read it. But after finishing it, I am still not sure what to rate it. It keeps changing from 2.5 to 3. We shall see what I decide.

My initial thoughts
Camille Adams
JAMIE MCGUIRE IS A ONE HIT WONDER

Is there a non-crude way to say: "McGuire shot her load in Beautiful Disaster and that's all she wrote, folks"?

This book is bad. Let me count the ways.

1. The story line is a repeat of Beautiful Disaster's storyline. A girl caught between two guys who eventually chooses the bad boy from whom she initially vowed to stay away. Hijinks and highly dramatic scenes of jealousy, violence, untempered emotions that the immature mistake for passion, and 'alphaness'
Ramona
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jamie McGuire was one of the first writers to introduce me to the Romance genre and I really have to thank her for that. My background was generally Mystery, Thrillers and Horror, but after reading the Maddox series I was truly fascinated by all of its aspects and from then on, my focus changed.

After reading about Travis, I really enjoyed by how intense a Maddox could be, in both good and bad aspects. The temper, the unpredictability, the passion put in everything really drawn me in reading more
Michelle
Shelves: 01-signed
Screenshot_8

It felt like just yesterday I was reading Beautiful Disaster, yet it felt like it took forever for Beautiful Oblivion to get here...

Cami didn't have a perfect life growing up, in fact she had a pretty shitty one. Working her way through college as a Bartender at the Red Door where she runs into the Maddox boys on a regular basis... but she grew up in this town, knows the reputation of these brothers.

For Trenton Maddox, his family has always been everything. Losing his mother years ago, his
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 I love Maddox Brothers Stars

If you are expecting Beautiful Disaster 2.0 and a Travis-a-like Hero, then you will be disappointed. With that said, I still enjoyed Beautiful Oblivion VERY MUCH

Beautiful Oblivion isn’t like Beautiful Disaster. There’s no “alpha” Hero, no crazy angst or intense storyline, but a sweet, light hearted read about a guarded girl being pursued by a tatted, but lovable boy.

I went into Beautiful Oblivion not knowing anything. All I knew is that it’s a story about one of
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jun 19, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis *Reality Bites* by: Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Special thanks to Jamie for sending me this recommendation!!!!
I LOVE GOODREADS!!!!:)

SO EXCITED!! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!!

photo tumblr_mesb6vxExS1qkgkx7o1_500_zps4d5372c7.gif

photo 42c3852a-e8b6-4e05-a207-38c435c0fa27_zpsf7e9ce53.jpg
Jamie
Jun 19, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Deep breaths!! We FINALLY have a blurb and release date!!! JULY JULY JULY!!!!!!!!

♥Booklish Reviews♥
NOTE: DNF'd at 33%!
Warning: This book contains a love triangle
(This could take a while....)

I don't read books that:
A) Recycle old characters and put new names on them.
B) Trash the main star all to make a buck.
C) Rely on previous main star to display similarities in "new star." Oh, I don't know, dimples, tattoos, overall physical demeanor...No.
D) Recycles similar stories.

Trenton=Travis
Cami= Abby Abernathy. (Note: A bad girl knock off of her.)
Raegan=America.

Some might disagree with me, but
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Who's ready for for some Maddox brothers???

Hmmm.....

THIS GIRL IS!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on Mrs. McGuire! I need a NEW book boyfriend STAT :)
Anna

Trent Maddox has entered my world
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Nope nope nope.

description

I didn't read Walking Disaster and I'm not going to read this for the very same reason:

STOP fucking up a good story.

Beautiful Disaster is one of my all time favorites. But Jamie McGuire keeps bastardizing it with all of these follow up attempts to improve upon perfection and replicate the success of BD.

But all is does is taint BD for me.

So with that I say, run Pigeon. Fly away!

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Update: July 8, 2013
GOOD GOD!!!! FINALLY!

Update: July 29, 2014

What in all honesty just happened????

... in an alternate universe.

I don't even know how to begin with this one as I am UTTERLY heart broken mostly because I own both ebook & hardcover paperback version of this and all I want to do is just wedge it under the coffee table so it doesn't wobble.

Don't get me wrong... I DON'T WANT to give it a 1 star... I don't want to be annoyed by this... I don't want to be offended by this... But
Sara
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, although I liked this book and didn't want to put it down, I just didn't love it. There wasn't a wow moment, or a time when i was swooning over Trent. I liked him though, he's a Maddox for crying out loud. This also takes place during the time Travis meets Abby, so he does have cameo!
Cami and Trent have grown up together since grade school. Cami is very well aware of the Maddox boys. The fighting and the long line of girls. But she has her own boyfriend, TJ. That's never around. We get a
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*

I've been contemplating how I feel about this book and what I should rate it.

I didn't love it.
Not even sure if I liked most of it.
But I do know I didn't hate it.

And that's where my problem comes in...I'm not sure how I feel about this book. One thing is for sure Ms. McGuire has an addicting writing style that makes it hard to put her books down.

A couple months ago I requested my local online library buy this book for their collection. Most books I've recommended for the library to buy
Catarina
4 Oblivious Stars

The younger sister of four brothers Cami never had a easy life. Their brothers are the only thing that makes sense in her life and although they are fiercely protective she is strong and independent… and slightly broken.
Working at The Red Door and again having a weekend canceled with her boyfriend she ends up creating a friendship with Trent Maddox and used to be around men she believes that’s what they’ll always be: friends.
Until Trent falls in love and you know what
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I’ve had a lifetime of wrong. You’re the only thing that’s right.”

I should probably start this review with a small confession—I was not a Beautiful Disaster groupie when everyone was proclaiming their undying love for Travis “Mad Dog” Maddox and naming their daughters Abby. Not because I did not like it, but simply because I never read it when it was first released, and thus never embraced the craze. As curiosity got the better of me and I finally decided to dive in, while I appreciated why
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
(BR with Melissa, Dee, Tiffany, and Sharon)

I had my doubts when I first heard about this book.
After being a bit disappointed with the books that followed "Beautiful Disaster", I wasn't setting up high expectations for this one.
I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I really loved this book!!!

photo 98c0056fe12f777443d79c5ddc2f34f3_zpscf8b64a1.jpg

This story seems to take place during the same time period of "Beautiful Disaster". Cami Camlin works as a bartender at the Red Door, a local bar that the Maddox brothers frequent.
Rebecca
OMG ALL OF THOSE GIFS ARE ACCURATE TO BOTH MY FREAK OUT BEFORE THE BOOK TITLE WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED TO AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK. TOTALLY WORTH IT! JAMIE MCGUIRE IS AMAZING. I LOVE YOUR CREATIVE MIND. HOLY SHIT. STILL DYING INSIDE. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOWWWWWW.

snl 1 photo snl_zps050e0192.gif

snl 2 photo snl2_zps90bcccfd.gif

snl 3 photo snl3_zps044f4569.gif

PRETTY SURE MY HEART JUST STOPPED

this is america i want it now photo iwantitnow_zpsd82cee1b.gif

give it to me photo giveittome_zpse8b11c23.gif

I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!

I MEAN

photo chickendance_zps30ddda48.gif
Im missing something and Im sure Im not alone.... 99 2445 Nov 23, 2017 08:17PM
secret between TJ and Cami 3 137 Jul 13, 2015 08:23AM
Another Maddox 21 525 May 20, 2015 11:10AM
The Challenge Fac...: Sadie & Paris - Beautiful Oblivion 9 24 Nov 05, 2014 09:19PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #149 - Beautiful Oblivion 2 3 Sep 26, 2014 12:47PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire 1 2 Aug 24, 2014 02:47PM

• Inevitable Desastre
  • After We Fell (After, #3)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • After We Collided (After, #2)
  • After (After, #1)
  • After Ever Happy (After, #4)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Ugly Love
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Before (After, #5)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Rival (Fall Away, #2)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Real (Real, #1)
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street

The Maddox Brothers (6 books)
  • Beautiful Redemption (The Maddox Brothers, #2)
  • Beautiful Sacrifice (The Maddox Brothers, #3)
  • Beautiful Burn (The Maddox Brothers, #4)
  • A Beautiful Funeral (The Maddox Brothers, #5)
  • Untitled (The Maddox Brothers, #6)
“Anything to do with the Maddoxes is never boring.” 98 likes