Start by marking “The Cowboy Lassos a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy Lassos a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #6)

The Cowboy Lassos a Bride

(The Cowboys of Chance Creek #6)

Jake Matheson loves everything about ranching the Double-Bar-K, except for his father’s controlling nature. It’s bad enough the old man won’t step down and let him run things his own way. Now Holt has demanded that Jake find a wife—in the next thirty days. Jake knows just the woman he wants–Hannah Ashton–but they haven’t even gone on a date, let alone been together long en ...more
Published February 23rd 2014 (first published February 21st 2014)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Uh yeah I didn't really care for this one. Holt(Jake, Rob, Ned, and Luke's father) really pissed me off with his blackmailing, manipulative ass. I didn't find it cute that he was old and sad so he blackmailed and did his kids dirty to get his way. I thought it was disgusting. I also didn't like Hannah. The whole story she goes on and on about how Jake is selfish and how he wouldn't compromise because he didn't love her, but she was the selfish one that didn't compromise at all. Jake was always g ...more
Brittany
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I do really love this author. She always writes such good books. I really enjoyed this addition to the Chance Creek series. Jake is such a great character and I loved Hannah. I am looking forward to finishing the rest of the series.
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

In Book Six of her Cowboys of Chance Creek Series, Cora Seton returns to the charming life at Chance Creek. Ok, not so charming since they have been known to have all sorts of mishaps there. Why in her The Cowboy Catches a Bride, then even managed to capture some terrorists.. Small town America at it's most intriguing.

The Cowboy Lassos a Bride is only my second book of Ms. Seton's that I have read and I must say, I am enjoying wha
Georgina Parkin
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I hated Holt in this, his constant blackmailing quickly turned from old man trying to help out in an odd way, to old man controlling people and manipulating everyone. I hated Ned being a childish little twerp, even if they were all shits to each other, they're like 30 and he pipes up constantly in a smarmy condescending way to 'dob' on his brother. Hannah shit me up the wall because she kept calling Jake selfish because he didn't outright say 'I want you to move away for 4 years' like no duh he ...more
Heather
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
For years now, Jake has waited for his turn to run the family ranch. However, his father is not ready to turn things over or to even consider change which is frustrating him. Now to make things even worse, his father has demanded that he marry within 30 days or lose the ranch. Problem is the only woman he has any interest in has never even gone on a date with him. Hannah can see no future with Jake because she wants to go to vet school out of state. Can they come to an agreement without either o ...more
Lydia
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chance-creek
"I love you. I. Love. You. I'm a jealous, possessive, horny man who wants his wife by his side, but i'll do whatever it takes to make you happy." - Jake Matheson

Oho, I knew Jake was a sweet guy, but this was even better than I imagined! Turns out Rob wasn't the only Matheson boy born with a natural skill of knowing how to treat the ladies! Well, ok, Hannah didn't exactly count as a lady in my mind, but she did for poor Jake, and that's what counts.

If you thought Holt Matheson was a cunning old m
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was waiting for this brother's story as you could see the hero's interest in the heroine over the past few books. The chemistry and main plot didn't let you down. However, the hero's father needs to be tied up some place and left. He's sounds like something my father would do if he cared even 1/4th as much as this father seems to.

Getting back to the hero and heroine, you imagine the struggles they are facing and are almost cheering for them. The heroine really needed to get a tiny bit of meta
Alexandria
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, e-books
I did enjoy this book, but there were times that I wanted to smack Hannah, Jake, and Jake's father, Holt. Holt basically blackmails his sons to get his way. He tells Jake that he needs to get married or he will lose the ranch to his brother, Ned. Holt blackmails Hannah by threatening to kill and the bison that she adopted. Hannah needs to share a bed with Jake for two weeks.

Hannah and Jake kind of go along with Holt's demands. So many things could have been avoided if the two of them talked and
Nicole
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok for this one i just have to be honest and say how much i hate hanna she is spoiled and selfish to the highest Degree. Everything that anybody say's revolves around her in her mind atleast everyone trys specialy jack he does this and that and trys his best and all she does is bitch and complain it ruened the book for me compleatly. I gave it 2 stars but only becouse it was as Always well writen.
Kristy
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good story by Cora Seton. Jake and Hannah were a great couple, but Holt is a manipulative jerk. I'm not sure why Jake took so long to realize that he had to give a little in order to get what he wanted. I'm glad Hannah finally stood up for what she wanted. They both stood up to Holt, which was the best part! The best line was when Lisa responded to the question about how she dealt with Holt. It went something like this: I only listen to half of what he says and disregards the rest! LOL
Kelly
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

As always I thoroughly enjoyed this story from chance creek. Although sometimes this one felt more like a business transaction than an passionate love story I've come to expect from Cora Seton. Eventually love becomes the most important thing, but I just didn't feel the same about this one.
Svalora
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Been a busy couple of weeks so it took longer than normal to read this book! It was one that I hated to put down when I did have a few minutes here and there to read!
Scheming on both sides brings this couple together, but it's not without it's hiccups! A great story over all and now I'm off to read the next in the series! Bring on Ned's story!
Kathy Barton
I have been reading this series for awhile now - when I need mindless reading. This was the story of Heather and Jake and I found it really unbelievable and kind of boring. I think there are a few more in the series and I will probably get to them at some point, but this one did not make me want to run and finish it!
Kelly (the book hussy)
Love Chance Creek

Not gonna lie, I'm a little obsessed with this series. And all of these hot cowboys. Man, Holt is a.pesky meddling old fart. One minute I like him. The next I don't. I guess he just has a bad way (or is it genius?) way of mapping out his son's futures.
Alisa
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I seriously do not like holt. And there would have been less drama of the characters would have just talked to each other.

Moving on to the next book. I think I can stomach 2 more about Luke and Ned but if new people get roped into the story, I don’t know If I can handle it.
Susan Nackman
This series is an enjoyable read. If you like reading about people who are connected thru friends, family the military or whatever way, Ms Seton writes a very good story. Will continue reading her other series as well.
Ramona
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked both main characters, eventhough it took them a long time to figure out what compromizing really means.

But the dad?! If I was that man's wife I would have clocked him with a iron pan a long time ago. Such a stubborn old jackass.
Cynthia Siermienski
The Cowboy Lassos a Bride

Another wonderful story. This series is just another example of romance and love. Cora Seton is a great story teller and makes you feel a part of the story.
Melissa Swafford
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading about another Matheson son finding his match. There was comedy, romance and compromise between the main characters. Loved catching up with other characters as well.
Sue MacKenzie
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful HEA

This one had me on my toes at times but it was so worth it.
I'm loving this whole series.
Donna
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, romance
Loved the story. Not so crazy about Holt. Definitely need to read the next book.
Frances Law
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice.

This is another good story in the Cowboys of Chance Creek series. Cora Seton never fails to deliver an interesting and well written plot.
Andrea Gillan
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just gets better

Hannah and Jake are a match. Both want to better their lives but there are plenty people meddling and sticking their oar in. Will it be too much for them
Helen Cuevas-tolentino
nce again if you are into cowboys read this authors series you will not be disappointed. Makes you want to go out west and locate that cowboy because he knows how to court and get his lady.
Linda
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboy Lassos Bride (6)

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the story line was good. I couldn’t put this book down until I finished it.
Jonna
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cora-seton
The Cowboy glasses a bride

Just awesome story. Jake and Hannah is a very good love story. I think it is awesome how they all come together in the end. Family is what its all about. Ready for the next one. Thank you Cora.
Maura
Marie
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Blushing Reads My Thoughts
Jake Matheson is Rob's brother and I must tell you that I didn't like him before. Actually I didn't like any of Rob's brothers prior to reading their own stories which really shows them to be more than they are. Jake is trying to run the Double-Bar-K but is father,Holt, anything but supportive of his sons. he doesn't think that Jake can do what it takes to manage the ranch and even though he has retired he still has his hand in ever
Kathy
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
This is another installment in the Last Chance series. In this book, we see Hannah and Jake fall in love and end up together. The Matheson’s are at it again. I like the book and it was a pretty easy read. However, I think the depiction of the Matteson family was less than stellar. How anyone would ever want to be part of this dysfunctional group is beyond me. Holt Matheson is a bully, a jerk and not a good example of a loving father. In addition to forcing Jake and Hannah to act based on a stupi ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Her Bull Rider's Baby (A Cowboy of Her Own, #2)
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
  • Kept
  • Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)
  • The Devil Wears Spurs (Texas Kings, #1)
  • Cowboy Justice (Catcher Creek, #2)
  • Reverse Cowgirl
  • Asking For Trouble (Texas Trouble, #6)
  • A Bad Boy is Good to Find
  • Jock
  • Quinn (Wyoming Sky, #1)
  • Reforming the Playboy (Passion Creek, #1)
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • Just a Cowboy and His Baby (Spikes & Spurs, #6)
  • Distiller's Choice (Bourbon Springs, #4)
  • What Happens In Vegas.... Doesn't Always Stay There (The Porter Brothers)
  • A Brown-Eyed Handsome Man (Hell Yeah!, #4)
  • Own (Command Force Alpha, #1)
With over one million books sold, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cora Seton has created a world readers love in Chance Creek, Montana. She currently has thirty novels and novellas set in her fictional town, with many more in the works.

Like her characters, Cora loves cowboys, military heroes, country life, gardening, jogging, binge-watching Jane Austen movies, keeping up with the l

The Cowboys of Chance Creek (9 books)
  • The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #1)
  • The Cowboy Wins a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #2)
  • The Cowboy Imports a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #3)
  • The Cowgirl Ropes a Billionaire (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #4)
  • The Sheriff Catches a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #5)
  • The Cowboy Rescues a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #7)
  • The Cowboy Earns a Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #8)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Bride (Cowboys of Chance Creek, #9)
“The color pink stands for unconditional love and that’s my thing, you know? I don’t hold back my feelings or emotions. I’m not cold like so many people are. I don’t judge people. Do you judge people?” “Um… I don’t know.” She stopped and he nearly bumped into her before he noticed her scrutinizing him. “You do. I can tell. That’s a shortcoming, Jake. You have to let people be people. You have to let them express their true selves and follow their passions—otherwise you’ll just make them miserable.” 0 likes