Start by marking “Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising

Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising

Now in its third edition, Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising delivers revised, expanded, and new chapters covering Facebook's newly released apps and services designed to target and monetize their 1.7 billion active users. Advertisers are then taken further than Facebook itself, as Marshall and co-authors provide priceless audience insight, exploring what was happening ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 327 pages
Published February 3rd 2015 by Entrepreneur Press (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising

Start your review of Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising
Entrada Book Review
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising will help you get started in the world of Facebook.

However, the book spends the first seven chapters trying to not only lead out out of the book to the author's website for "tips, tools and more" but spends the time trying to convince you of the need for Facebook in your marketing toolbox.

As the book is about Facebook Advertising, you can assume that the reader already sees value there.

Yes, the book was easy to understand but by taking so long to cut t
Anna Erishkigal
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With so many snake oil salesmen running around the internet these days, promising to make you a gazillionaire, what I liked about this book is the first thing it does is help you analyze -IF- what you hope to sell is even a good fit for Facebook ads. And then it suggests strategies about how much money you should spend and what kind of ads you might want to buy, how to target them, and leads you though the setup step-by-step with tons of screen-captures for people like me who can't translate tec ...more
CT Ray
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good info that could have used a lot of editing.

Way too long on examples from the author's "success" that don't seem relevant or replicable by others. Also pushes the author's website and paid programs too much.

I was also unfortunately reading the print edition where many diagrams were extremely difficult to read.
Darren
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Advertising on Facebook is simple enough. It is in Facebook’s interest to make it easy. Whether it is in your interest to advertise on Facebook and to accept their advice might be a different thing.

This book can help in one way or another. It won’t necessarily assist you to determine whether Facebook is an effective advertising platform, despite its size, and there are many people who have contrary views. The authors, however, do agree that you need to really focus on your most profitable audien
Laurie Garrison
Even though Facebook changes daily, this book can still help any business to some degree.
I was surprised to find a chapter on “How to find your perfect audience,” I know so many authors, bloggers, and handmade business that has no clue how to use their pages insights to find their audience, so for someone that wants to learn more on how is on their pages insights works for them, than this book is for you.

If you looking to build your page with tons of likes by advertising give this book a try, bu
Carsten Hansen
I could limit myself to saying "Why are you reading these reviews? Go buy this book already! This is the one guide you need on Facebook advertising." However, that would be selling it short because there are several other books on the topic and they all have reviews of that sort although this book is easily the only one that merits to be tagged in this fashion.
It is an updated version of the 2015 book by the same name, having taken into account the updates and changes to Facebook advertising's
Juhani
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who consider using Facebook to advertise
Shelves: favorites, re-read
I'm delighted that I bought this book because now I have a book full of great tips, suggestions, and guidance to make my Facebook advertising campaigns successful. What you should keep in mind is that as Perry (Marshall) says from early on is that nothing beats your own experiences and that you need to know what kind of strategy is best for your business and I agree with him.

It took me about a week to read it through, but I'm (and I suggest everyone else), going to re-read some chapters when I'm
Yazaid Ahmed
Apr 09, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I was disappointed with this book. While the reviews for it were great, the testimonials were great and I expected that I will learn a lot of new things...half way through the book and I found it just describing what you already see on facebook ads screens, things that are mostly self explanatory.

Maybe I feel that way because I've studied about ads before and how they work and what the terminologies in them mean but I think it will be a great book for someone who has no idea what f
Rio Praditia
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am using Facebook Ad since 8 years ago and I was surprised there is many things I don't know to maximize my campaign. The most important thing is this book give me a new insight how to scale up my campaign and make it more efficient and effective than before.
Stan Skrabut
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising: How to Access 1 Billion Potential Customers in 10 Minutes is the third book that I have read that Perry Marshall has written. Marshall’s books provide clear actionable directions that will help one achieve results. As the title indicates the Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising  highlights tips and strategies for creating effective Facebook ads. Just to be clear, Perry Marshall, Keith Krance, and Thomas Meloche authored the book. Read more
J. T.
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Outdated and superficial

This was relatively expensive in kindle and given the positive reviews and macho introduction, I was expecting a deep dive into the whys and wherefores of Facebook advertising.

That's not what happened. Most of this can be picked up intuitively on ads manager and the book ads little insight beyond that. It felt like wading through a marathon lead magnet.

The graphics in the book are also low quality and hard to decipher.

I did glean one or two snippets which is why I gave
Muhammed Umar
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There were many useful tips this book shares (and writing this review in its own way is an impression for goodreaders & Facebook). This book has shaped my mindset into how advertisers market their products...but using Facebook seem to be the ultimate boon (if you are selling an experience/service that no one else has). Plan to re-read this book and see if there is some things I may have missed. Overall an easy and logical read. ...more
Vinita
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really doubtful about advertise on FB, so I have never taken interest in it. So, this is the first book I read on "how to FB". Really useful with good examples and tips. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel after reading it. Absolutely positively about the possibility of turning around my stagnant business. Thanks Perry !
Dedy Tjipto
Need an update

The book is grest but insight from author is not relevance in 2018 algorithm, i think these book need update.
Jonathan Fäldt

1. there is plenty of great stuff in this book
2. you can’t learn it all in one reading
3. it is a great guide
4. you will learn more by doing
5. lose little – ie small budgets; gain big, when it is working let momentum be your friend
6. Test – TPARR – Think, plan, act, review(test) repeat
7. Enjoy learning from your mistakes, for you will see then more clearly after you have made them.
8. TPARR – review this book again!

Do you want to know more? Send me a note for my notes
Aaron Slack
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. I wish I had this book when I was first starting out in Facebook advertising.
Gaopu01
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
nice
Stefan Bruun
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marketing
Good book for the very basics
Dawnnie
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Very useful.
Alan Martin
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make sure you buy the latest edition of this book.
Laurette Greenfield
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Unless this book has been updated for the algorithms this book is irrelevant. I read it years ago.
Anas
Apr 05, 2014
Jeff
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Instagram Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Following Fast, Driving Massive Traffic & Generating Predictable Profits
  • Ogilvy on Advertising
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • How to Write Copy That Sells: The Step-By-Step System for More Sales, to More Customers, More Often
  • The Complete Guide to Facebook Advertising
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • Scientific Advertising
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • YouTube Secrets: The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Following and Making Money as a Video Influencer
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • 3 Months to No.1: The "No-Nonsense" SEO Playbook for Getting Your Website Found on Google
  • Facebook: The Inside Story
  • Facebook Messenger Guide
  • Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
  • Flour Water Salt Yeast: The Fundamentals of Artisan Bread and Pizza
Perry Marshall is endorsed in FORBES and INC Magazine and is one of the most expensive business consultants in the world. Clients in 300 industries value his capacity to integrate sales, technology, art and psychology.

He founded the $10 million Evolution 2.0 Prize, staffed by judges from Harvard, Oxford and MIT. He aims to solve the #1 mystery in Artificial Intelligence and the origin of life itse

News & Interviews

“If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” —FRANK HOWARD CLARK” 1 likes
“When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.” —MARK ZUCKERBERG” 0 likes