Start by marking “Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)

Dorinda and the Doctor

(The Duke's Men #2.5)

Available for the first time digitally, this sizzling short story from New York Times bestselling author Sabrina Jeffries features the dashing Doctor Worth, who appeared in What the Duke Desires from “The Duke’s Men” Regency romance series.

Dr. Percy Worth finds young widow Dorinda Nunley ravishing every time he sees her at her cousins’, the Duke and Duchess of Lyons. But
Published June 16th 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Dorinda and the Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dorinda and the Doctor

Start your review of Dorinda and the Doctor (The Duke's Men, #2.5)
kris
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Dorinda Nunley is asked by her cousin to stop in and straighten up the rented rooms of the attractive Dr. Percy Worth while he's out playing doctor. Except he's not actually out: he's in and mostly naked! Will this widow get her wid-on?? (OH GOD WHY AM I LIKE THIS)

1. This was sweet! Dorinda has a History which makes connecting with the hot Doc difficult, but that issue also carries a certain amount of weight and isn't hand-waved away because it's time for Sex or Feelings: it's a necessary
Cheesecake
I know this one is short but even so, it was more shallow than I was expecting. I felt like I was being spoonfed pablum when I was expecting a nice snack. It was sweet but not very satisfying.

Dorindra is a widow whose first husband was a completely manipulative ass.
Percy, the Doctor, was sweet and head over heels in love with Dorindra. WIth the help of Dorindra's friend, he contrives to get Dorindra alone for the day. He basically lies in order to get her to notice him. What he finds is that
Keri
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked these two as a couple and wish this one could have been drawn out more.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dorinda, Dorinda, what a name!

This super quickie novella (if it could even be considered such), only 4 chapters long is set shortly thereafter the events of the Book Two in the Duke's Men series with Lisette, Duchess of Lyons doing a little bit of matchmaking. She's decided to matchmake her impoverished cousin and newly widowed Dorinda with the up and coming doctor, Dr. Worth, the very man who cured Victor (from Books One and Two).

Not really feeling the forced matchmaking, Dr. Worth comes up
Shelly
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was better than I expected. In the previous two books in the series, we don't see Percy and Dorinda ever together, so to come together quickly always seems rather difficult to pull off in these novellas. But I found it believable and cute and an enjoyable fast read. My only issue would be just how quickly everything did happen - in the course of 12 hours! And I do mean everything, from desire, to the rebuff, to confessing undying love, to sex, to the big misunderstanding and finally the ...more
Short, but sweet romance between a widow and a doctor. I liked both characters and thought their love story was nice if too quick for my taste. I wanted them to explore more about Dorinda's issues from her previous marriage and definitely wanted to know more about Percy's rise to his current position.
Monica
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, kindle
To be quite honest, the only objection i had to this book was how short it was.
Luvmyfamily
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
TOO SHORT! I would have loved to see if dorinda really was barren though I understand that wasn't the point of the story.
Karen Darling
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute story. Wish it was longer.
Kassie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The only reason I didn’t give this book the full five stars is because of the length. While I understand this is a novella/short story, I feel like it could have been fleshed out a bit more. Other than that, a really sweet story about Dr Worth and the widow Dorinda.
ReadWithE
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Maybe 3.5. Short and sweet. Cute.
Marie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet novella about Dr Worth & the Duke of Lyle’s cousin, Dorinda.
Lindy Studt
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful Short Story

Duchasses always seem to meddle. Finding the right sort of man to marry in London is the theme of this delightful story. I enjoyed it immensely.
Jessica
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute short story about Dr. Worth and Dorinda
Katja
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
A very short story. Really it only works if you've read the preceding novels, I think.
Donna
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and an enjoyable read. Looking forward to the other books in this series.
Letschat1974
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Stars 3/4 (Kate Pearce, Maureen Driscoll, Elisa Braden)

Hey fellow readers I don’t summarize the books (as there are always great full summaries written that I read myself).

I only give it my personal, general, summary of 5 stars to 1 star.

3 stars: This book is worth a read but didn’t really have me excited about interacting with the book where I could not put it down. It lacks the excitement and well roundness of my personal markers for a great read throughout the book.

Development and interest
Cruth
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
First published: 2014
Length: 4 chapters, 872 kindle locations
Setting: London, Late Regency.
Sex: explicit.
Hero: Physician.
Heroine: Destitute widow believed to be barren.
Includes: Excerpt from How the Scoundrel Seduces.

A short tale of sex wrapped in lust and a little history lesson on fertility treatments. Adds little to the series.

2.5 stars rounded down. Short and sweet but nothing overly special.

The Duke's Men:
Cross-over book 'Twas the Night after Christmas - Pierce
Julie
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
This was a nice little novella. The main characters being pushed together by match making relatives, one of the best kind of story scenarios. They decide to get along fine at a dinner they are invited too and then have a very public argument.
But there's a twist, Percy (or the doctor) has always liked Dorinda and has been trying to get close to her for months. She hasn't a clue, and thinks the argument idea is best as she has no plans to marry again and men want a fertile womb any way and she
Hany Zala Dragneel
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
most readers find the events happening too fast because the story showed only one day and the progress between the two happened in such a very short time but common' ! they already have feelings for each other for months before that happened . all they needed was just a little push and they would go crashing with each other already ! who would have thought that Dr. Worth was such a sweetie hahaha ! i really liked it so i don't care what others would say :3 . too bad it was short , would have ...more
Tracy Emro
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very short satisfying read

I really liked Dorinda and Percy. They have known each other for months and Percy has been wanting Dorinda for most of them.

Lisette slyly tells Dorinda that Percy will be out of town and asks her to go organize his office - knowing full well that Percy is home.

So Percy uses this time to convince Dorinda that they should be together. However Dorinda has some deep seated issues and doesn't want to be married again - especially to a doctor.

The story has a HEA and is a
Hany Grace
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melanie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those short stories that I wished with all my heart was a full sized novel. The hero and heroine were so well written that they deserved their story to be told in more detail, but alas it was not to be.

Regardless, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it as it is. Both characters tugged at my heartstrings throughout the story.

If you never read this author, this is a perfect story to sample her writing voice.

Melanie for b2b
April
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
An awesome read!

A novella! A quick read filled with wit, second chances,passion and love. You can't help but fall in love with Dorinda and her Doctor. Together they make a lovely duo. A great read. I look forward to the next in this series. Ms. Jeffries is a wonderful storyteller. She brings her characters to life on the pages of her stories as well as the Regency era. A must read.
A personal buy.

AprilR
Teresa
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute little short story about Percy and Dorinda. While I hated her name, I enjoyed the story. I have been curious if there would be a story about him and his lady love. Unfortunately, Jeffries only chose to do a short story with his character. It would have been fun to read a full length novel featuring Percy. At least we have some closure that he gets a happy ending.
Lise Nanette
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short But Sweet

The essence of romance is in the resolution of conflicted hearts, and truly, we always hope, as readers, that the hearts involved will see each other's truths before it is too late. This story delivers a resounding yes to that desire, and satisfies our hope for love.
Tiffany Day
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This short story (it's really too much to try to call it a novella) was alright enough, I guess. I liked the characters and their interplay with one another, but... it was simply too short for any kind of real development or connection. Also, it was pretty repetitive. 3 stars (as far as short stories go)
Karin
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: street-teams
The Duke's Men Book 2.5

This is the story of Dr. Worth and the Duke of Lyons's cousin, Dorinda. Lisette schemes to get Dorinda and Percy together by sending Dorinda to his home while he is supposedly away on business. When she finds him in dishabille, she can only stare. Together, they decide to teach the duchess a lesson.

If you're looking for a sweet short story, this is it!
Lori Meehan
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This was a fun and emotional short story. Dr. Percy Worth and Widow Dorinda Nunley long for each other but know they would not make a good match. He thinks she is to good for a lowly doctor and she's barren so she can't give any man an heir. I highly recommend this short stand alone story.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 03, 2015 08:43AM

• No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • What Ales the Earl (Widow's Brew, #1)
  • The Virtuoso (Duke's Obsession, #3; Windham, #3)
  • In the Spinster's Bed (Spinster House, #0.5)
  • Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane, #12.5)
  • Just Wicked Enough (Rogues and Roses, #2)
  • Beyond Scandal and Desire (Sins for All Seasons, #1)
  • A Duke of Her Own (Rogues and Roses, #1)
  • Virtuous Scoundrel (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #2)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Rake (Lessons in Love, #1)
  • The Soldier (Duke's Obsession, #2; Windham, #2)
  • Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • The Mad Earl's Bride (Scoundrels, #3.5)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #7)
Sabrina Jeffries is the NYT bestselling author of over 50 novels and works of short fiction (some written under the pseudonyms Deborah Martin and Deborah Nicholas). Whatever time not spent writing in a coffee-fueled haze of dreams and madness is spent traveling with her husband and adult autistic son or indulging in one of her passions—jigsaw puzzles, chocolate, and music. With over 9 million ...more

The Duke's Men (4 books)
  • What the Duke Desires  (The Duke's Men, #1)
  • When the Rogue Returns (The Duke's Men, #2)
  • How the Scoundrel Seduces (The Duke's Men, #3)
  • If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4)