Start by marking “UnDivided (Unwind, #4)” as Want to Read:
UnDivided (Unwind, #4)

UnDivided

(Unwind Dystology #4)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  17,757 ratings  ·  2,262 reviews
Teens control the fate of America in the fourth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Unwind dystology by Neal Shusterman.

Proactive Citizenry, the company that created Cam from the parts of unwound teens, has a plan: to mass produce rewound teens like Cam for military purposes. And below the surface of that horror lies another shocking level of intri
Published October 14th 2014 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about UnDivided, please sign up.
Ben Yes. Maybe a bit more tying up loose ends would be good, but overall, it was fine
Lauren Book 4 is the last book. However, there is a bonus book which the stories in it fit in between the 1st and 2nd book.

·  17,757 ratings  ·  2,262 reviews

Start your review of UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
Farah 🌈
I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A TRILOGY I HAD NO IDEA THERE WOULD BE A FOURTH ONE OH MY GOD
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who liked The Knife of Never Letting Go, Angelfall
Reread with a few friends at Buddies Books and Baubles in JanuaryFeb 2016, we got sidetracked, it happens.

This is still my favorite completed YA series to date. The entire thing is awesome and even the second time through everything held up so well.

Overall Series 4.5 “Nice Socks” Stars

Unwind 5 Stars
Unwholly 4.5 Stars
Unsouled 4 Stars

Undivided 5 Stars

I thought, I couldn’t be shocked anymore….
I thought, nothing Neal Shusterman says or does will surprise me now…
I thought,/>/>/>Overall
Raeleen Lemay
Solid end to a great series! I may have teared up a bit in some parts... Neal Shusterman knows how to play with my emotions.
Kenzie
This series is supremely fucked up and emotionally exhausting (don't even get me STARTED ON THIS FUCKING BOOK) and fucking brilliant and I will never stop thinking about it. What an amazing way to end an amazing series.

Neal Shusterman, you are a mad genius.
William
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FINAL REVIEW
O. M. G. SO MANY. SO MANY FEELS. fjkalsdfjkl; AKA prepare for all of the gifs #sorrynotsorry

Neal Shusterman... WHO ARE YOU? Why are you this good?! (these tears are happy tears. also sad tears. just emotional tears. idk)

Substitute Neal Shusterman

Like where do I even start with this series?

First, let's begin with this because this book deserves one:

We all know that's whclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Substitute
Ari

Short review:

I am unwinding in the inside.
My thoughts are in a divided state and I can't make myself rewind them.

This story is too powerful for words.

I just know that I LOVE this series.
I know that I love...
I... I know that...
I...
I...
...
...

Full review:

There are very few books so powerful that can follow you into your dreams. That leave an imprint on your soul. That are so dreadful and horrifying, but in the same time so beautiful and completely mesmerising.

And this time around it was true, it was not a wish of sorts, not a simple thought that just comes and goes. After readingthat...
Full
❄️Nani❄️
Original rating:

4.75⭐

The biggest criminally underrated YA series ever written.

This was a damn near-perfect conclusion to the series and nothing would’ve made me happier than to give it its well deserved 5 stars except that I only wish it didn’t conclude all too neatly, in particular with regards to some of the main characters.

Save for that tiny, VERY TINY drawback, Perfection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon reflection:

Y’know what, F*k it, credit where credit
Cherie
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was just checking my amazon account orders to see when my preordered copy of unsouled would come and I noticed something odd...

By the title "unsouled" where you would usually see "(unwind trilogy #3)" now read "(unwind DYSTOLOGY #3)"

What the fuck is a "dystology"? I have no clue.. Is this even a real word??!! Apparently not.. But upon googling it I discovered that there will be a FOURTH book in the series!!

...maybe more, who knows? The word "dystology" holds many mysteries... o_O

Brigid ✩
OH MAN. OH GOD. OH MAN.

I need a couple days to process this. Wow.

I don't know why it took me so long to finally finish this series, but I'm glad I finally got around to it. Because dang, this last book was incredible. Talk about an amazing series finale. It's terrifying, intense, disturbing, but ultimately uplifting. As always, Neal Shusterman's world-building, plotting, and characters are just genius.

Full review coming soon!
Kit Kat
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-be-continued
When I found out there was going to be a 4th book:

I'M SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Vanessa J.

REVIEW FREE OF SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS.

Unwind to me has always been known because it's one of the best dystopia series I've ever read. Mainly, it's because its realism is overwhelming - so realistic it's almost painful - and it continued that way throughout the four books.

First, the subject matter in the book is not so far from reality. I'm not saying we're close to parents giving away their children to the authorities so they can have them unwound (split their body parts without killing them). I'm talking moBOOKS.
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*4.5 Stars*

"I love you, Risa," he says. "Every last part of me."

Much like all the kids that were unwound in this series, I feel as if I've sold a piece of my soul. Not often do I feel both dragged down and uplifted from the same series, and not often does a book break my nerve to continue on with a genre after finishing. This book and series, while fulfilling all my darkest desires for a climactic series of events, wasn't without it's deep-rooted flaws, in my opinion. I absolutely adored our three mainStars*
Maria V. Snyder
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was intense! I stayed up almost all night to finish it and was just so worried about my favorite characters - Lev, Risa and of course Connor.

Shusterman has the ability to surprise me - just when I think the story is going one way....he changes it up - which I really like. I did guess a few things, but the ending really surprised me. (view spoiler) ...more
Yonaily
“Hole..." He grips Risa's hand tighter. "Hole, Risa, hole..." And she smiles "Yes, Connor," she says. "You're whole. You're finally whole.”

Favorite book of the year! Las palabras no pueden expresar el cariño que siento hacia esta serie y sus personajes. Neal Shusterman ha destruido mi corazón, una vez más. Pero yo sabía que este libro iba a doler mucho, que acabaría con mi buen estado de ánimo y me dejaría en depresión. He llorado al leer ciertos libros, al ver esa clase de películas particularmente tristes y"You're
Antonella
Wait what? There's going to be a fourth book??

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
UPDATE: Okay is it just me or does this seem weird? I'm one of those people who likes my series books to match -- format, height, covers, etc. And I've waited a year for this one to come out in paperback so it would match the rest of my set (I'm usually not a fan of having all but one or two books in pb vs hb/vice-versa), except that now I come to find out that the paperback edition of this is with the newer cover, with UN in huge letters and then "divided" beneath it. No more Statue of Liberty ...more
Terence
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Proactive Citizenry has finally revealed why Cam was created. To make an army of rewound teens for the military. The group has also suppressed technology that would render unwinding obsolete. Connor, Risa, Lev, and Cam struggle to stop unwinding and Proactive Citizenry while bringing the suppressed technology to the surface.

UnDivided was a satisfying conclusion to the Unwind dystology. It kept me in a nervous excited state that compelled me to keep reading until I finished it. The ov
Stepheny

Undivided is the last book of the UnWind series. By the time all was said and done I was completely uninvested in these characters. What started out so strongly ended so poorly.

Our cast of characters have lost sight of who they are. And, like the previous installment, they are indecisive and spread out all over the place. We get an additional 14 side story lines that seemingly came out of nowhere to add plenty of confusion to the storyline.

Lev’s whole storyline just drove me nuts. I
Nikki
Jun 20, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don't know whether to jump for joy or cry because there's a 4th book. On one hand, more fantastic books to read! But on the other... more waiting. *sobs*

For now, this will be me until October 15:
Lyndsey
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE

I'd write a review, but I'm to busy crying, and to busy being depressed about this.

____________________

Happens to land upon Undivided while skimming through Unsouled reviews.

photo tumblr_ljd5ucHJQ81qixleeo1_250_zps516f8a22.gif

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH Mthis.
Happens
Marie
All that I hoped for and more. I highly recommend reading this series!!!

Full review posted on my blog!

That statue of liberty has seams. SEAMS. I'M FREA
Jesica
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There isn’t one single thing that will end unwinding,” she tells them. “It will take a hodgepodge of random events that come together in just the right way and at just the right time to remind society it’s got a conscience.”

Revolution comes with huge sacrifices. My heart ached when I read this book, seeing how much sacrifices must be made to wake people’s conscience up against unwinding. The fight was very hard for the AWOLS and I admit I had my doubts too in the middle of the book. It seemed impossible
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

I didn't think it would be possible but I've finally read a decent ending to a dystopian series. Undivided was by no means perfect but unlike other YA dystopia there was no nonsensical or rubbish resolutions, everything made sense within the context of the world. Sure, some parts were rushed and predictable but there was no WTFery or flipping back and forth to try and make sense of what was going on. Pretty much all the various plot arcs were resolved in a satisfying way, which for a
Kat
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great ending to a creepy and thought-provoking dystopian series where teens ages 13-17 can now be "unwound" or chopped up for body parts if their parents consent. I really loved the way Neal Shusterman wrapped up the arcs for each of our main characters, Connor, Risa, and Lev, and also the way that he dove into the history of how such a world could have evolved. It seems far-fetched, and probably wouldn't ever become a widespread reality, but certainly makes for a scary what-if.

This was
Wendy F
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is it. The final book in the Unwind dystology. Dystology… my computer says this isn’t even a word. Which I suppose is fair, since Unwind, Rewound, and Storking aren't words either. It fits. A ‘Dystopian-ology’.

Anyway, I read Unwind quite a while ago, before even book 2 was out back when Unwind was supposed to be just a standalone but the fans fell in love with the story of the Heartland War and the Unwind accord and Shusterman decided to turn it into a series instead. The ride o
Eddie
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-best, dystopia2
Welp I got the ARC in the mail this week, and quickly read the book, and it seems I am the FIRST on on goodreads to post a review of it..WOOHOO ME!!!!

Lets look at the titles of the past three books, UnWind UnWholly UnSouled Each title, sort of has dual meanings to the story it has included, and to the overall story of the series. UnDivided has two meanings as well Look at the cover Undivided. Look closely. you see a discolored arm with stitch marks. That one image, plays
Katie Grace
w o w.
Not many books make me cry hard at midnight, but this is one of them. It's been insane seeing the characters grow and some of the scenes in this book literally sent shivers down my spine.

Neal Shusterman is some sort of alien able to write books of perfect. What even. Everyone needs to read this series.
Louisa
WHAT A RIDE. WHAT A SERIES. WHAT A CONCLUSION. WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS. Brb need to eat some lobster to calm myself down :')
gabi
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I AM BLOWN AWAY. Absolutely blown away. I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS ENDING. There are no words to describe what an incredible conclusion this was.

Conner now has physical evidence that could change the world forever. Something that could stop all the unwinding. If only he can survive long enough to work how to reveal it to the world which may not be possible seeing as Nelson, the juvey cop Connor shot so long ago, is after him for revenge and he has found a way to track him down, to th
Aline
OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS BOOK WILL END ME

DAT. COVER. LOOK AT THAT THE STATUE OF LIBERTY HAS SEAMS OH MY SWEET JESUS

description

SHUSTERMAN IS GOING TO HURT THESE CHARACTERS ISN'T HE OH GOD THE EMOTIONAL DAMAGE THIS BOOK WILL CAUSE

description
Play Book Tag: Review of UnDivided (and a little bit of the other 3 in the series) 5 13 Mar 26, 2019 01:08PM
Play Book Tag: Undivided / Neal Shusterman. 4 stars 1 14 Mar 11, 2019 07:52PM
Undivided Book Review 1 2 Jan 10, 2019 09:21AM
Undivided Book Review 1 1 Jan 09, 2019 09:24AM
Book Review 1 2 Aug 12, 2018 10:56AM
Play Book Tag: UnDivided by Neal Shusterman 2.75 stars 1 7 Jun 03, 2018 05:11PM

• Sunrise (Ashfall, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Other Worlds
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • Fire & Ash (Rot & Ruin, #4)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • Free Space (Evagardian #2)
  • The Body Electric
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • BZRK: Apocalypse (BZRK, #3)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Happy Birthday to Me Again (Birthday Trilogy, #2)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • 1.4 (Point 4, #2)
Award-winning author Neal Shusterman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he began writing at an early age. After spending his junior and senior years of high school at the American School of Mexico City, Neal went on to UC Irvine, where he made his mark on the UCI swim team, and wrote a successful humor column. Within a year of graduating, he had his first book deal, and was hired to write a movi ...more

Unwind Dystology (4 books)
  • Unwind (Unwind, #1)
  • UnWholly (Unwind, #2)
  • UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
“Tools are neither demonic nor divine. It’s all about who wields them.” 53 likes
“Best way to save humanity is to turn the monsters against one another.” 48 likes