Start by marking “Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4)

Hunt for Jade Dragon

(Michael Vey #4)

Michael and his friends must rescue a child prodigy as the thrilling action continues in this electrifying fourth installment of the #1 New York Times bestselling series!

Michael, Taylor, Ostin and the rest of the Electroclan head to China in search of a girl who may have discovered why Michael and his friends became electric. Her name is Lin Julung, or Jade Dragon, and she
Published September 16th 2014 by Simon Pulse/Mercury Ink

To ask other readers questions about Hunt for Jade Dragon, please sign up.
Claire Brandt Michael Vey Prisoner of cell 25 (1)
Michael Vey Rise of the Elgen (2)
Michael Vey Battle of the Ampere (3)
Michael Vey Hunt for Jade Dragon (4)

Start your review of Hunt for Jade Dragon (Michael Vey, #4)
Autumn
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If anyone tries to buy this book before me or tries to get in line before me...
[image error]push photo: Push Push.gif

and if you ever come to me to apologize...
[image error]push photo: penguin push 110026qsida0z6wg.gif

Christy
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Like the other books, the writing isn't all that great. It's a fun story and my kids really like it. I was surprised how much action wasn't in it.

Someone REALLY needs to get the editor or author a thesaurus with the synonyms for "said" bookmarked and highlighted. Even by occasionally switching "(name) said" to "said (name)" would help tremendously. If someone asks a question, the customary thing to do is to say "asked" or the like, not "said." It's so irritating, it almost makes my head want to
Drewthereader20
Loved this one! This one might be my favorite. This is my fourth book have read this month! I feel sorry for those of u who had to wait for the fifth installment because that ending.... That ending man! I can't believe Evans would do that!!(:
Colleen Houck
Loved the image of escaping through a fish tunnel. This makes sense when you read the book. Really cool to see into the mind of the Jade Dragon. Also like the way she's able to communicate her thoughts. Gorgeous cover too!
Allison
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Veyniacs
Rating: 4.5 stars.

This book......

It crushed my feels, man.

Just read it and you'll understand.
Audrey
The Michael Vey series continues to deliver. As always, this was so fun to read.

For about the first half of the book, our heroes get a break from danger and get to reunite with their families and be friends for a while. Some might think this is a slow part, but I was glad they got a break, and it helped round out the character development. The second half is nearly non-stop action with plot twists and surprises and action and everything else.

The last two pages set up a cliffhanger for the next
Tyler Hiles
Really good! Im probably gonna read this again later.
Cason
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever i wish it didn't have to end it was amazing when I finished i wanted to throw it across the room because it left me hanging i can't wait till the 5th one comes out!!!
Luke.Norman
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the first 3 books since 5th grade so at first I was a little confused on who everyone was but later in I figured it out, the writing wasn't as good as it seemed to me in 5th grade but the book was really intresting and its kind of like percy jackson books.
Morgan
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended for: Ages 11 to Adult

Rating: PG (mild romance and action violence)

My sisters and I almost never buy books new. I mean, it's an occurrence so rare it's practically nonexistent. But after getting Michael Vey 1: The Prisoner of Cell 25 from the library, we have bought every Michael Vey book as they are released. I wish I didn't have to wait until next year for book 5.

Writing: 4/5

The Michael Vey books are primarily written in 1st person, though there are usually 3rd person sections about
Krista (CubicleBlindness Reviews)
I received a free copy of the audio book for review. I have listened to this whole series on audio book and have come to really enjoy them. I was really looking forwarding to the new edition to the series but felt that this one fell short from what the other books have been.

There is not as much to the adventure even though they travel to Taiwan it felt to me that there was just a lot of standing around and waiting. The group did not want to be seen as to let Hatch know they were close so they
Niki
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT COMES OUT XD
Winter Sophia Rose
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Imaginative, Funny, Refreshing & Empowering! An Awesome Read! I Loved It!
Mark Wilson
Jun 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya-lit-read
The most annoying thing about the 4th Michael Vey book is that I really enjoyed the 1st two books and the 4th book is disappointing by comparison. A book series is supposed to go up in storytelling not down. When I look back at the 1st two novels in the series, they really weren’t great pieces of literature, but they were fun and interesting, something that Jade Dragon is not.

The big reveal in this book is that it is the 4th out of 7 books. I’m not sure how the author will stretch it out 3 more
Katie
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK!!! I read the previous 2 in a day each, as soon as I could get my hands on them. I have been waiting since Christmas for this book!!!!
Cooper Dean
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This book had a very interesting plot because the Electroclan had to go to Taiwan to save a girl called Jade Dragon. Will they survive? Or will they all die in the process?
Maddy
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one just seemed to drag on! Obviously I’m invested enough in the series to continue, but I hope this is a Segway to some bigger, better things. I love Jade Dragon’s character, the Taiwanese setting, and that the Electroclan got some downtime, but the pacing was off and the “twist” was far too predictable.
Mia
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, finished it in a day (can't seem to change the date thingy). However, something I found extremely annoying was that phrases seemed to repeat themselves after a few sentences. It got so annoying that I began fantasizing how I would smack the editor around. I mean, come one! You had one job! On another note, can't wait for the next book, here's hoping it'll be better edited...
Lorin Flack
Jun 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
I WANT IT NOW!
Raegan   Ralls
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda
Aug 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this one!!
Eye of Sauron
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
The plot of book 2, Rise of the Elgen:

The evil Elgen corporation, spearheaded by the villainous efforts of the evil Dr. Hatch, take a youthful, virtually helpless female captive, and intend to use her to achieve their nefarious ends. Michael and the other teenagers of the Electroclan must undertake a dangerous and ill-advised mission to save her, infiltrating an Elgen facility and subduing many guards in the process of locating and rescuing the prisoner. There is a final "confrontation" with
Alyssa
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in the Michael Vey series, ‘Hunt for Jade Dragon’ is fast-paced and packed with action. The Electroclan travel to Timepiece Ranch (a base organized by the “voice”). The Electroclan is informed with Hatch’s next disposition, a kidnapping of a Chinese child prodigy who has discovered why Michael and the other electric children lived and are the way that they are. With this information, Hatch would be able to create his longtime dream of controlling an army of electric children. The ...more
Arianna Lam
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book really reminded me of Percy Jackson. Like Percy, Michael Vey is a shy boy whose life was turned upside down when he discovered he had powers. In this book, Michael Vey and his friends are on a quest for the "voice." Their mission is to rescue the Jade Dragon, a young Asian girl who is blind and deaf. The Elgens want her because with her IQ of 182(if I remembered that number correctly) she was able to figure out an answer that they could not solve. This book made me want to hit Hatch ...more
Rigo R
Sep 11, 2019 added it
It was a really good book and thanks to my cousin I'm about to be in the 5th book. If you like adventure, comedy, and action then this is a book for you. They are adventurous because in every book they travel somewhere new and you also learn new things as well. Even though it is a fiction you learn a little bit about the culture and religion in different countries. There are different funny jokes happening here and there. They are constantly fighting for what is right and they all have ...more
Megan Romero
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Greg Payne
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I overall liked this book. It was filled with action, strategy, and emotion. I read this entire book in less than a day and am very invested in the story. I love learning the new powers, for example, Michael learned to deflect bullets by pulsing his electricity. It had a very nice hook in the end and made me want to know more. I am halfway through the fifth book and am enjoying every page.
Levi
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
In this book Michael is on the search for a girl named Jade Dragon. If the Elgen get to her first, they could learn information that would enable them to take over the world. This has a lot of action but is slow in some sections. I would recommend this series to people who like science fiction and maybe fantasy.
Alexandra Robbins
Started off a bit slowly, but once it got going, it was my favorite book of the series so far.
Talon Leavitt
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michael Vey and t...: Book 4-Hunt for Jade Dragon 6 5 Feb 19, 2019 08:29PM
Book Report 1 2 Mar 22, 2018 06:52PM

• Time Jumpers (Five Kingdoms, #5)
  • Death Weavers (Five Kingdoms, #4)
  • Crystal Keepers (Five Kingdoms, #3)
  • Janitors (Janitors, #1)
  • The Rogue Knight (Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
  • Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)
  • The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge Hall, #2)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • Water Keep (Farworld, #1)
  • Secrets of New Forest Academy (Janitors, #2)
  • The Void of Mist and Thunder  (The 13th Reality #4)
  • Island of Silence (Unwanteds, #2)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • United as One (Lorien Legacies, #7)
  • The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)
  • The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ...more

Michael Vey (7 books)
  • The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1)
  • Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #2)
  • Battle of the Ampere (Michael Vey, #3)
  • Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5)
  • Fall of Hades (Michael Vey, #6)
  • The Final Spark (Michael Vey, #7)
“If you remember the why, the how will work itself out.” 27 likes