Start by marking “Daniel Goes to the Potty” as Want to Read:
Daniel Goes to the Potty

Daniel Goes to the Potty

A new generation of children love Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, inspired by the classic series Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood!

A perfect new potty-training book for Daniel Tiger fans—push the button and hear the potty flush!

Daniel and his dad are at Music Man Stan’s music shop when Daniel has to go to the potty. Will he have to wait until he gets home to use the bathroom? In
Novelty Book, 14 pages
Published September 23rd 2014 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Daniel Goes to the Potty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel Goes to the Potty

Start your review of Daniel Goes to the Potty
Mama Bibliosoph
Most of you probably already know about Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, the PBS television series aimed at the preschool demographic. If you don't know about it, it's worth checking out.

I don't review media tie-in books very often on this blog― but I should. Buying books that feature a favorite TV character or a well-loved movie are fabulous ways to encourage a child to read.

Daniel Goes to the Potty is one of my favorite toileting social story books. In it, Daniel learns that he can use the potty
Jude
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
There was definitely time in our lives when we were certain that Daniel Tiger was going to teach our children how to go pee and poop in a toilet.

He had a catchy song and everything.

It didn't work.

Tonight was like a weird stroll down memory lane to a time when my children 1) watched Daniel Tiger and 2) had to be convinced to use the toilet instead of simply soiling themselves.
Louis Weintraub
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
This version has a button that makes a flushing sound. We love to press the button. Also, you get to make a trombone sound when you read it...which is really fun.
Beckie
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-skye
Daniel Tiger is learning to use the potty! Complete with a flush button, my training 2 year old loves this book!
Melissa Lavely
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: grayson
We mostly just liked the toilet noise it made when we pushed the button
Brian Hogan
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Although the story severely lacks characters of depth and plot development it does deliver on its promise. Daniel Tiger does go to the potty.
There’s also a song to guide you the steps.
Brian
Amanda
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: me-and-ozman
Oz likes this to make the flush noises. IRL he hates them. It's a good companion book for toilet training!
JIA QIU
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adaptive-skills
Daniel and his dad are at a music shop when Daniel has the urgent to go potty. Daniel thought he needed to wait for going home to use the bathroom, however, Dad reminded him that there are bathrooms in lots of places and that he can use the bathroom in the community. I like the "flush" button on the last page for the children to press to mimic flushing toilet. Teacher can use this book to raise a series of questions of going potty at an early age. Students can be encouraged to talk about their ...more
Bree
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
My cousin Archer loves the show Daniel Tigers Neighborhood, so it feels only natural that he loves his book as well. I think the flushing button is also such a fun interactive way to keep the little ones attention. When they have everything distracting them from being in the moment with you. Definitely a great book. If they love the show and you want to pull away from tv and add a little more reading into their life.
Dianna
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
2017: This book is lifted straight from the TV episode about going potty. Nothing new here. My two-year-old would probably give it five stars because it has Daniel Tiger and makes flushing sounds. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad for a potty book, I guess.
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
A good potty book that little ones can learn from, and I like that songs are incorporated into the books just as they are on the show. We read this one several times a day to prepare for potty training!
Professor
Apr 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Really does a good job of covering the idea that there are restrooms everywhere and you should always go to the potty when you need to. Less good for basics. Definitely will be revisiting this if we have troubles with going outside the house.
Cara Byrne
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
In my endless attempts to get my 2 1/2-year-old comfortable with using the toilet, this book seemed like a good choice to encourage her to "stop and go right away." With a sound button of a "flush," it's brief, but entertained my daughter. Alas, she is still in diapers, but I have hope.
Smith Family
Apr 23, 2016
Nina
Jul 05, 2018
Pamela Hubbard
Based off the episode about potty training. Huge hit because of character.
Cassie
Apr 21, 2017
Jennifer Donovan
Mar 29, 2018
Addison Children's Services
Daniel learns that there are bathrooms in lots of places and that he can use the bathroom in the shop or anywhere else in the neighborhood. 7/5/2018
Jen Herrmann
JD
May 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Daniel Tiger's 5-Minute Stories
  • Who Ate All the Cookie Dough?
  • The Pout-Pout Fish
  • Little Blue Truck
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • The Rabbit Listened
  • The Sneetches and Other Stories
  • Peppa Pig and the Busy Day at School (Peppa Pig)
  • P is for Potty! (Sesame Street)
  • A Christmas Wish for Corduroy