Start by marking “The Silverwing Collection: Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing” as Want to Read:
The Silverwing Collection: Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing

The Silverwing Collection: Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing (Silverwing #1-3)

A small bat’s curiosity leads to an action-packed odyssey in the acclaimed Silverwing trilogy from Kenneth Oppel, now available as a collectible boxed set.

Shade is a young silverwing bat, the runt of his colony, and he’s determined to prove himself on the long, dangerous winter migration to Hibernaculum. But when a fierce storm separates Shade from his
Published October 7th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published October 16th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Silverwing Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silverwing Collection

NSAndrew Liebergen
Shade is a young Silverwing bat, the runt of his colony. But he's determined to prove himself on the long, dangerous winter migration to Hibernaculum, millions of wingbeats to the south. During a fierce storm, he loses the others and soon faces the most incredible journey of his young life. Desperately searching for a way to rejoin his flock, Shade meets a remarkable cast of characters: Marina, a Brightwing bat with a strange metal band on her leg; Zephr, a mystical albino bat with a strange gif ...more
Chino D
Nov 21, 2007 Chino D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves adventure books
Sunwing, by Kenneth Oppel, was the adventure of a silverwing bat named Shade. Shade was the runt of his colony, and had a best friend named Miressa. In this book, Shade travels across the harsh earth to find his father who left the colony before Shade could remember him. There was a problem though: owls and cannibal bats. The owls and bats were at war with each other because of the cannibal bats. The cannibal bats attacked owls, and the owls didn't understand that those same bats ate and killed ...more
Jaralee
Jun 15, 2009 Jaralee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent set of books that I read aloud to my elementary aged boys. They loved the excitment and adventures of Shade, a Silverwing bat. This is the first time while reading to my boys, that I felt compelled to read ahead - because the story was so well written and exciting. I recommend the series even if you don't have any boys to read it to. It's a great and fun read, and you learn a lot about bats.
Shaina
Mar 11, 2008 Shaina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silver wing and sunwing just made me keep asking for more...oh and they made me save a little bats life....but thats a whole nother story! lol...anyways...highly recommed both...also in the eyes of animals...haven't read fire wing...don't plan on it...its about when hes in hell, totally not cool! ;(
Kari
Mar 30, 2008 Kari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are by far my favorite read aloud series as a teacher and one of my favorite books personally. The characters are well-developed, the plot is engaging and you can't put it down. I NEVER thought I would learn to love bats so much. Got this author to write to my 4th-grade class. Way cool!!
Gumby
Feb 09, 2008 Gumby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-high-school
Of course, I really like anthropomorphic fiction anyway, but these three novels are written so beautifully that it is unusually outstanding and difficult to put down.
Natalie Beck
Silverwing, Sunwing, and Firewing are wonderful books where the characters are bats. I read these books again and again. This Trilogy easily makes my top three list.
Karin
Dec 10, 2009 Karin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jr-l-a-book-hs, novel
Loved these books. The last is a bit different than the first 2, so more for an older child. The first 2 are about the life of a bat. The 3rd deals with the bat underworld and how to get back.
Theresa Lemieux
Aug 31, 2011 Theresa Lemieux rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best gift you could ever get a little boy who loves bugs, bats and owls - although girls will love this too. Violence increases to really creepy gritty by third book, but no less brilliant for it.
Raquel
Raquel rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2008
Ashley Schofield
Ashley Schofield rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Edita
Edita rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
David
Feb 05, 2008 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You have to read this sereis
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Alexsei-iona
Alexsei-iona rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2007
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2009
Ivy Hawthorn
Ivy Hawthorn rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2010
Victoria Arruda
Victoria Arruda rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Toni Bailey
Toni Bailey rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2012
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Spear
Spear rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2009
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Ms Thraxan
Ms Thraxan rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2012
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Frank Badali
Frank Badali rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Emilio
Emilio rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Rameen
Rameen rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Hillaryb
Hillaryb rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2012
  • Selkie Girl
  • Dear Julia
  • Project Sweet Life
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Wrong Number
  • Things That Are (Things, #3)
  • The Waterstone
  • Shadows Over Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #8)
  • Fortress
  • The Wind on Fire Trilogy: The Wind Singer/Slaves of the Mastery/Firesong
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • The Yanks Are Coming: The United States In The First World War
  • Modern Disciples: Volume 1
  • Chance Fortune and the Outlaws
  • Ash Magic (Kirean Magic, #1)
  • African Dawn
  • The Lost Years of Merlin Saga (The Lost Years of Merlin, #1-5)
  • How to Ruin Your Life By 30: Just Follow These 9 Easy Steps!
I was born in 1967 in Port Alberni, a mill town on Vancouver Island, British Columbia but spent the bulk of my childhood in Victoria, B.C. and on the opposite coast, in Halifax, Nova Scotia...At around twelve I decided I wanted to be a writer (this came after deciding I wanted to be a scientist, and then an architect). I started out writing sci-fi epics (my Star Wars phase) then went on to swords ...more
More about Kenneth Oppel...

Silverwing (4 books)
  • Darkwing (Silverwing, #0.5)
  • Silverwing (Silverwing, #1)
  • Sunwing (Silverwing, #2)
  • Firewing (Silverwing, #3)