Start by marking “The Fallen Prince (The Riven Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fallen Prince (The Riven Chronicles, #2)

The Fallen Prince

(The Riven Chronicles #2)

Now that the rightful ruler of Neospes has been reinstated, Riven is on the hunt for her father in the Otherworld to bring him to justice for his crimes against her people. When she receives an unwelcome visit from two former allies, she knows that trouble is brewing again in Neospes. The army has been decimated and there are precious few left to fight this mysterious new ...more
Paperback
Published November 4th 2014 by Strange Chemistry

To ask other readers questions about The Fallen Prince, please sign up.
Amalie Howard This book will be published by Sky Pony Press on April 5, 2016!

Siobhan Davis
This was a great read, and I'm sorry to see this series ending.

This book picks up about a year after book 1. General Riven is back in the Otherworld trying to track down her errant father before he can get up to more mischief and mayhem. Caden is on the throne back in Neospes so our couple is separated by loyalty and duty. However, old foes have arisen from the ashes and are attempting to destroy everything the king has been painstakingly rebuilding.

One of the things I en
Diana
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will have to re-read it again to get a better understanding of it. Riven is back and has to save Neospes from the lizard's attack. She will have to work with Danton, her father that made her half human half machine. But things get more complicated when all enemies come back and new alliances are forged.
Page Morgan
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Almost Girl, and this sequel is just as amazing, if not better! When a fast-paced plot and in-depth character development happen together seamlessly, it's a gem of a book. Read The Almost Girl now, and when The Fallen Prince is released, pick it up!
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review to come!
WTF Are You Reading?
This has to be one of the most difficult reviews that I have ever had to write.
The reason?
My great respect for this book's author.
I must also say that my review is based on having only read The Fallen Prince, and not its predecessor.
The story itself is not my problem. My issue lies with the fact that so much of this book made me feel as though I was rereading Fuse by Julianna Baggott. Though the book is well written. The story is one that, to an extent, I have read before
Hannah Heath
2.5 stars, rounding to 3. Though it displayed a solid writing style and was well-paced, The Fallen Prince felt a bit cliche and shallow. Read my full review of this novel here.
Hannah
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW TO COME
Tina
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now that was one wild ride! I really enjoyed The Almost Girl, the first in the Riven Chronicles, and I was excited to read what happens next in The Fallen Prince. It shared with readers a fantastic world and a heroine worth admiring. With the way things ended in the first book, I knew that we would be in for an adventure. The first book takes place mainly on Earth, but this second book is set more in Riven’s home world. Amalie Howard does a great job of creating a world that is both terrifying a ...more
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Sky Pony Press for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.

This story picks up right where the first book left off. So, if you haven't read that one, there may be spoilers ahead!

Riven is back on Neopses fully aware of who and what she is. And she's come to terms with this. As in the first book, she's an extremely strong character. I would go so far as t
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
COVER REVEAL MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14th!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer Sorrentino
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I always love Amalie's books, but this series definitely is one of my favorites. This sequel to The Almost Girl, which I loved, is just as addictive and an amazing read.
Sharrice
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Full review to come soon. I don't think I'll ever get enough of Riven!
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I’ve read a bunch of Amalie Howard’s books now and somehow she always manages to keep me on my toes. She excels at delivering the twists and turns and The Fallen Prince delivers so many twists and turns. Not only that, but it delivers nonstop action and drama and romance. I devoured this book in one sitting.

I adore Riven. She is such a kickass character. I love how smart she is and that she is the one saving the day and that everyone looks to
Misty Baker
** A 3.1 Review **

Last week I reviewed Amalie Howard’s novel “The Almost Girl.” I’m sure most of you remember it, seeing as how I called the book a “hot mess” gave it 2.9 stars then immediately turned around and boasted about how much I enjoyed it. (Believe me, I’m as confused as you are.) My reason for recommending the book was based entirely on it’s ability to be an entertaining distraction. (An underrated quality I hold infinitely dear.)

Now, at the risk of spoiling “The Almost Gi
Courtney
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Fallen Prince starts off right where The Almost Girl ends. And Amalie moves this story at the perfect pace.

There’s a lot going on but not once do you feel lost or get confused. Riven is trying to locate her father who everted to the “Otherworld” (Earth) all the while she is trying to stay ahead of The Faction and Guardians. However, when she finds out that their King is in the Otherworld with her, she has no other option but to stop looking for her father and seeing what Caden ne
Nilda Serrano
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome conclusion to an awesome story. Loved everything about it Sure I would love a little sneak peek into the future of the characters but this would surfice as well.
Amanda Perry
I received a review copy of The Fallen Prince by Amalie Howard from SkyHorse/ SkyPony Publishing..

The fallen prince started off slower than I had expected, it seemed to pick up exactly where The Almost Girl left off...but I soon realized almost an entire year had passed. In the beginning I was frustrated with a lot of Rivens decisions, but that soon changed.

The author brings back some of the characters from The Almost Girl and introduces us to some new and exciting charac
Cassie Zavala
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(I recieved an eARC of The Fallen Prince in exchange for an honest review)

If you’ve read The Almost Girl you know even before picking up The Fallen Prince that you are in for a treat!! (If you haven’t read The Almost Girl – stop reading this immediately and start reading Amalie Howard’s The Almost Girl) Because honestly, I have to say that this sequel is even better than the original!

The quick-paced, action packed story picks up after The Almost Girl’s end and gives you e
Brigitte
Caden is the king of Neospes. His kingdom is under threat of being attacked by reptiles whose behaviour is not their norm. Being short of man power, he has to find a way to save his kingdom from being overthrown by the enemy.

Riven is cyborg general. Her priority is to protect the king. She is being pursued by the enemy who will do anything to have her on their side.

Caden and Riven are in love with each other but saving their people is what matters most. Caden has made a deal with Avaria, anoth
Escape Inside the Pages
I was thrilled to discover that the second book of The Riven Chronicles came out so soon after the first! After thoroughly enjoying The Almost Girl, I was more than ready to see what happened to Riven and Caden in book two! Amalie Howard certainly did not disappoint. The Fallen Prince was filled with all the action, emotion, and romance I was hoping for!

Now that Riven has brought back her Earth’s King she is more than determined to stop her father once and for all. However, as she de
Roxanne Kade
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a riveting, fast-paced thriller that will delight sci-fi and dystopian fans alike. With complex characters, a fascinating world, and terrifying robotic creatures, there was no end to the action and adventure.

I was first introduced to Howard with her Aquarathi series, and I have been a fan ever since. Unfortunately, I haven’t read The Almost Girl, yet but that didn’t stop me from loving every second of this story. Howard gives enough backstory so that I wasn't com
Emmyjo
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is # 2 in a series of the Riven Chronicles. However you don't have to read the very first one before this one. I'am currently now reading the first one The Almost Girl.
I really enjoyed this book. We meet Riven a female that has nanoplasm for blood, a machine and human.
She is in the hunt for her father, the one who made her this way. Riven is out for revenge for all that he has done.
But when the king of the other world needs her help and the fate of Neospes rest in her com
CR
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good!!! This is called the Riven Chronicles but this book has a very good summed up ending. So I'm not sure where more books would come into play. I really would like to see another book though. Maybe one where they are bringing their world back.

This book opens a year after The Almost Girl ends. Riven is on the tail of her father. And things aren't looking very good. I really didn't like Riven in the first few pages of this book. She seemed like a loose cannon and well kinda li
Melanie
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a captivating story!! Very well written and thought out!! The characters are very well developed and continue to grow throughout the story. This was a great YA sci-fi/dystopia read!!

Riven is on a mission to find her father that has been on the run for awhile. Riven is always one step behind her father because of course he is the one that created her and her sense of tracking others down.

Riven and Caden get together and go on one adventure after another while tracking her father.
Carol Morgan
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what do you do when you realise your father made you part machine ,if you're riven obviously you hunt him down to kill him & try to stop him doing it to anyone else but it never that simple . this book starts a year after 1st book finishes , caden is on throne of neospes., riven is on earth looking for her father , she is grabbed by phillip & charisma who wantt to take her to see era, phillips mother , but riven decides to get there her way not theirs . this story is all action from the ...more
Amy's Review Obsession
Ah, here is the problem with signing up to review this book. One, I should have done more research and realized that this book was not the first in the series.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy the book but it was exactly a rave considering I had no idea what the hell was going on and I just jumped right into things.

This book included a fast plot that was well-developed right along with the characters. Can you read this as a stand-alone? Probably not considering that it is a continuation of the fi
Kristen Chandler
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the Riven Chronicles by Amalie Howard. Book 2 picks up where The Almost Girl, book 1, left off. Riven is still on the hunt for her father. When it comes to sequels, they either fall flat, or highly surpass the first book. The Fallen Prince is definitely the latter.

I don't think I have enjoyed a book about a cyborg this much since Cinder.

This book is fast paced and exciting. It is full of action and suspense. IF you are a fan of YA sci-fi, this series is definitely for you.
Charles
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
The fallen prince is an action packed adventure. Amalie Howard had me on the edge of my seat from the first chapter. The book lacked a little in the background of the science that was key to the story. But the heart and action more than made up for it. Riven and her angst captured my heart. And the last 10 pages. Wow. If the rest of the book had been in archaic Gaelic pentameter, it still would have been worth it to get there. I eagerly await the next chapter.
Elle
Review to come. I do hope the grammatical errors are fixed before this is published. They are in surplus here.
Leontiy Cristea
Mar 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Vault of Sins (Chaos Theory, #2)
  • The Date Dare
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Flawed (Perfection, #2)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • Protected (Ariya Adams Trilogy #1)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • Descent (Kissed by Death, #3)
  • We Told Six Lies
  • Ace of Spades
  • Untitled (Dark World, #2)
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Tainted (Broken, #2)
  • Death Devours (Mortis, #4)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Adelaide: Bride of Maryland (American Mail-Order Bride #7)
AMALIE HOWARD is the author of several young adult novels critically acclaimed by Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, VOYA, and Booklist, including Waterfell, The Almost Girl, and Alpha Goddess, a Spring 2014 Kid’s INDIE NEXT title. Her debut novel, Bloodspell, was a #1 Amazon bestseller and a Seventeen Magazine Summer Read. The sequel, Bloodcraft, was a silver IPPY medalist and a Children's Moonbeam award ...more

The Riven Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)