Start by marking “365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts” as Want to Read:
365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

(Wonder #Companion)

In the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Wonder, readers were introduced to memorable English teacher Mr. Browne and his love of precepts. Simply put, precepts are principles to live by, and Mr. Browne has compiled 365 of them—one for each day of the year—drawn from popular songs to children’s books to inscriptions on Egyptian tombstones to fortune cookies. His selection ...more
Published August 26th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about 365 Days of Wonder, please sign up.
Kayla O yes it is an actual book but i have not yet read this book but i know this is an actual book
Gracie While I was reading it, I thought Mr. Browne was telling the story. (this answer could be wrong)
…more
(less)

Start your review of 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts
Nat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
I love quotes with a fiery passions, which is why I somehow always end up looking at the quotes on my Goodreads. I’m a quote collector.

As Cheryl Strayed wrote in Brave Enough:

“The best quotes don’t speak to one particular truth, but rather to universal truths that resonate—across time, culture, gender, generation, and situation—in our own hearts and minds.”

This book is a collection of precepts that Mr. Browne has gathered over the years along with some essays in which he touches upon the the
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. There's never enough in the world and I'd really like to thank R.J. Palacio for spreading so much of it through her work. I read both Wonder and this book of precepts this year and both of them have made my heart feel so light and made me so happy. This book was focused entirely on kindness and how to be the best version of yourself using kindness, so it doesn't feel right to rate it. Solid book that kept me inspired throughout the year.
Raeleen Lemay
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of great nuggets of wisdom in there!
Nowheregirl
Mar 13, 2014 marked it as to-read
Remember this?
“MR. BROWNE'S SEPTEMBER PRECEPT:

WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING
RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.”

yep, I cant wait for all 365 of them :)
Katie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I smiled the whole way from the start of this book, it totally warmed my heart and made me believe in the goodness of humanity. Needless to say, if I could I would probably give this book 100 stars! No shite, Sherlock! :P

It all started from the very beginning of the book, I already knew that I would love this one as for the ideas of how it was written. Indeed, this is an undoubtedly unique and powerful collection of percepts and sayings of different authors chosen by fifth grade students (some o
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
For my students, I’ve always defined it in simpler terms: precepts are "words to live by".
- Mr. Browne

❤️JANUARY
Be yourself, Everyone else is already taken.
- Oscar Wilde

💛FEBRUARY
Love a little more each day.
- Madison

💚MARCH
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

💙APRIL
We love the things we love for what they are.
- Robert Frost

💜MAY
Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Mark Twain

💖JUNE
Start by doing the n
JV (semi-hiatus)
365 days worth of precepts, 365 days worth of wisdom nuggets to munch on!

This is a cute compendium of inspirational quotes to live by. Something worth remembering every now and then. If you're a fan of the Wonder series, this is a good supplement!
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, inspiring
I don't usually read self-help books because reasons, but I love Wonder so much and I was deeply touched by the precepts of Mr. Browne that I decided to give this one a go.

I was not disappointed. Here are my favorite precepts:

description

If you've got kids, I think this is a good book for them to read. They can just read one page a day and hopefully, the precept for the day would make those little muffins inspired.
Kai
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy, 2017
“I've learned that life is like a book. Sometimes we must close a chapter and begin the next one."

This is a cute and empowering collection of quotes, spiked with a few stories and details, that shed more light on the things that happened in WonderWonder. However, it feels like the author is milking her story to make more money. I mean, it's a standalone novel, right? An amazing one. The three short stories that followed Wonder and pictured the events that happened out somebody else's POV were pr
Julie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Blech, this made me want to puke all over Mr. Browne, but I will "choose kind" and give it two stars instead of one. In my opinion this book was ridiculous, and felt like the author was just riding the momentum of the Wonder gravy train all the way to the bank. Mr. Browne was annoying and too perfect. Every 5th grade kid corresponds with him in long, deep thinking letters? Don't think so. And he seemed to just be bragging about how powerful and inspired all of his ideas and lessons were. Also, t ...more
Patty
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, middle-grade
Morning routine: a quote a day

aka it will take me 365 days to finish this book LOL. Also, there’s no pages numbers so I’m guess when it comes to what page/percentage i’m at o.O.
Nhi Nguyễn
This is such an inspiring, uplifting and though-provoking collection of beautiful precepts and quotes that puts a smile on my face. You can easily identify with these sayings, ranging from quotes from the ancient times to quotes made and submitted by children. Most of them focus on kindness and its meaning in our life, especially in a time when there is so much division and hatred among human beings across many aspects and communication platforms. The others are about love, courage, finding the ...more
E. Mellyberry
my tween son adores it, loves it, puts it on his bedside table, and reads it every night. he gets motivated reading this. whe he had a bad day at school, he would go home and curl up in his room reading this book. always this book.

i love this book too. it's crazy- crazy good.
Spriya
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I especially enjoyed the little essay entries between the months.
Tamara
I'm embarrassed to admit that, unlike my dear friend and teaching partner Debby, I didn't immediately recognize the transformative power of Wonder. I had to read it aloud to kids, and hear their reactions, before I began to get it. But really, it wasn't until my second year of reading it aloud (3rd reading) that I had my own 'aha' moment. With each rereading, Wonder filters deeper down into my soul.
So, I've been waiting excitedly for 365 Days of Wonder. And what a great resource for the classroo
Jenifer Jacobs
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading with Max. Thinking of you Angela!!

Loved this book! Max and I had fantastic discussion about the precepts (and who wrote them!). I love Mr. Browne and wish he was a real teacher (although he reminds of many of my favorite real teachers!!!).
Josiah
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
First, a few of my favorite precepts from the book:

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

—Roald Dahl, January 2

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can be grateful because thorn bushes have roses."

—Ziggy (Tom Wilson), April 16

"You're never a loser until you quit trying."

—Mike Ditka, July 27

"If your ship doesn't come
Lauren
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book full with amazing quotes and precepts to live by. A must read all year long.
Paula (lovebookscl)
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Amazing❤

Hay frases asombrosas, es un libro perfecto para mirarlo cada día. Hay mensajes hermosos y los pequeños pensamientos del querido Mr. Browne son perfecto. Como siempre, el mundo de Wonder me conmueve enormemente.

Aquí algunas de mis frases favoritas:

"you're free to make your own choices, but you will never be free of the consequences of your choices"

"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the peopl
P-the book nerd
One of the most unique books, I loved every quote and I read the whole thing with a huge smile on my face...
William
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
<3 <3 <3 my little brother gave this as a gift to me <3 <3 <3 ...more
Myndi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book I'll find myself going to time after time for the rest of my life. The precepts that are included in this book are wonderful and uplifting and show how positive the human spirit can be.

While not an actual story, there are pieces of information and peeks into the Wonder world at the beginning of most months. We get to see a bit more of some of the characters, including Auggie, when they correspond with Mr. Browne. I like that this was added, though I would probably have
Monika Ghosh
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Amazing encouraging quotes.
Haley
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I would 100% recommend this book to friends and loved ones or even strangers. It’s beautiful! And on hard days I plan to reread it until I finish or find something that touches my heart. This book is perfect for those struggling, those not struggling, those with kids, those with family, those that are alone. It’s basically great for everyone. I loved it. It was a gift I’ll cherish for a long time to come!
Tabitha Juarez
365 Days of wonder was a great book. This is the second book in the wonder series.I highly recccomend this book to anyone who likes books about poetry,The book was filled with great pieces of poetry i enjoyed.I hope you decided to read this amazing book.
Angela Juline
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A book of precepts (perfect for moi, as I have been "collecting" quotes since I was 15), with some side commentary by Mr. Browne (Teacher from Wonder).
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Quotes are distilled brilliance. How about a whole book of wonderful distilled brilliance?
Kristen
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great little collection of precepts (quotes and words to live by) and also includes some great stories and anecdotes from Mr. Browne. I love that the quotes are from all over and include both historical and pop culture references.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. --Anne Frank

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. --RuPaul

Some of the quotes are also ring true during this tumultuous time in our country.

We didn't all com
Donna Hines
Short and sweet with illustrative precepts from Mr. Brown (English Teacher) that will have you glowing right up till the end by RJ Palacio.
Teachers are meant to teach but the style and format used makes all the difference.
Here we have someone who wants to "choose kind."
Everyone of us has a story to tell and telling your story can be healing to so many who are suffering especially with regards to abuse, bullying, and hardships.
While I'm not sure which publisher or author sent me this book I thank
Jana Khalafallah
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This inspiring book contains precepts sure to lighten up your day. For those that don't know, a precept is like a quote. This book not only contains quotes from Aesop to famous people today but it also includes a bit about Wonder and what happened after the book. I liked this book because I felt like the quotes were true and you could relate to them from experiences in your own life. This is what made the book so great. People of all ages can often relate to the same quote making the book for a ...more
Play Book Tag: 365 Days of wonder by RJ Palacio ~ 5 stars 1 10 Dec 31, 2017 09:32PM

• Elizabeth, Queen of the Seas
  • Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla
  • Olguța și un bunic de milioane
  • Neighborhood Sharks: Hunting with the Great Whites of California's Farallon Islands
  • Half a Chance
  • Smile
  • Bailey's Story: A Dog's Purpose Puppy Tale
  • Warriors Boxed Set (Warriors, #1-3)
  • Sisters
  • Calatoriile lui Robin: Barcelona
  • 101 Creative Notes
  • Drama
  • The Curse of the Pharaoh (Agatha, Girl of Mystery #1)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • El amor no es nada del otro mundo
  • Saving Mr. Terupt (Mr. Terupt, #3)
  • El ruiseñor y la rosa y otros cuentos
R.J. Palacio lives in NYC with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. For more than twenty years, she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But one day several years ago, a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the pe ...more

Wonder (1 books)