Start by marking “365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts” as Want to Read:
365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts

365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts (Wonder Companion)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  7,005 Ratings  ·  800 Reviews
In the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Wonder, readers were introduced to memorable English teacher Mr. Browne and his love of precepts. Simply put, precepts are principles to live by, and Mr. Browne has compiled 365 of them—one for each day of the year—drawn from popular songs to children’s books to inscriptions on Egyptian tombstones to fortune cookies. His selection ...more
Published August 26th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about 365 Days of Wonder, please sign up.
Lilly F. No. Do you remember in the book Wonder every day he had like a different saying on the board?? In this book there is a different saying for every day…moreNo. Do you remember in the book Wonder every day he had like a different saying on the board?? In this book there is a different saying for every day of the year.(less)
Liz No one is really telling the story. It is a book of precepts or quotes for each day of the year, so there isn't really a storyline.

Nat
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
I love quotes with a fiery passions, which is why I somehow always end up looking at the quotes on my Goodreads. I’m a quote collector.

As Cheryl Strayed wrote in Brave Enough:

“The best quotes don’t speak to one particular truth, but rather to universal truths that resonate—across time, culture, gender, generation, and situation—in our own hearts and minds.”

This book is a collection of precepts that Mr. Browne has gathered over the years along with some essays in which he touches upon the themes
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. Kindness. There's never enough in the world and I'd really like to thank R.J. Palacio for spreading so much of it through her work. I read both Wonder and this book of precepts this year and both of them have made my heart feel so light and made me so happy. This book was focused entirely on kindness and how to be the best version of yourself using kindness, so it doesn't feel right to rate it. Solid book that kept me inspired throughout the year.
Raeleen Lemay
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of great nuggets of wisdom in there!
Josu Grilli
Lleno de citas memorables (y no tan memorables).

Yo tengo un problema con el tema de las citas/preceptos/máximas a lo Mr. Wonderful. A veces les doy la razón pero otras veces siento que son cosas básicas hechas para que la gente sonría durante tres segundos y se olvide, pero no las aplique. Sin embargo, en este libro todo tiene algo más de sentido.

El señor Browne es el mejor profesor de los que aparecen en La lección de August. Le cogí cariño desde el principio, y cuando vi el concepto de este li
Nowheregirl
Mar 13, 2014 marked it as to-read
Remember this?
“MR. BROWNE'S SEPTEMBER PRECEPT:

WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING
RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.”

yep, I cant wait for all 365 of them :)
Tran Thanh Tu
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I smiled the whole way from the start of this book, it totally warmed my heart and made me believe in the goodness of humanity. Needless to say, if I could I would probably give this book 100 stars! No shite, Sherlock! :P

It all started from the very beginning of the book, I already knew that I would love this one as for the ideas of how it was written. Indeed, this is an undoubtedly unique and powerful collection of percepts and sayings of different authors chosen by fifth grade students (some o
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
For my students, I’ve always defined it in simpler terms: precepts are "words to live by".
- Mr. Browne

❤JANUARY
Be yourself, Everyone else is already taken.
- Oscar Wilde

💛FEBRUARY
Love a little more each day.
- Madison

💚MARCH
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

💙APRIL
We love the things we love for what they are.
- Robert Frost

💜MAY
Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Mark Twain

💖JUNE
Start by doing the ne
Kai
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy, 2017
“I've learned that life is like a book. Sometimes we must close a chapter and begin the next one."

This is a cute and empowering collection of quotes, spiked with a few stories and details, that shed more light on the things that happened in WonderWonder. However, it feels like the author is milking her story to make more money. I mean, it's a standalone novel, right? An amazing one. The three short stories that followed Wonder and pictured the events that happened out somebody else's POV were pr
Paige  Bookdragon
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, inspiring
I don't usually read self-help books because reasons, but I love Wonder so much and I was deeply touched by the precepts of Mr. Browne that I decided to give this one a go.

I was not disappointed. Here are my favorite precepts:

description

If you've got kids, I think this is a good book for them to read. They can just read one page a day and hopefully, the precept for the day would make those little muffins inspired.
Julie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Blech, this made me want to puke all over Mr. Browne, but I will "choose kind" and give it two stars instead of one. In my opinion this book was ridiculous, and felt like the author was just riding the momentum of the Wonder gravy train all the way to the bank. Mr. Browne was annoying and too perfect. Every 5th grade kid corresponds with him in long, deep thinking letters? Don't think so. And he seemed to just be bragging about how powerful and inspired all of his ideas and lessons were. Also, t ...more
Carla Dente
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 :D ME ENCANTÓ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reseña: http://mimundoestaentuspaginas.blogsp...
Ruben (BooksVlogs) Arauz
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Fueron 365 Días contigo querido amigo, un reto más cumplido, GRACIAS por frases maravillosas y momentos vergonzosos, por estar conmigo en días lluviosos y acalorados, por darme aliento y ayudarme con los bloqueos, y si, también te pido perdón por los días en los que no estuve o te olvide, fue un gran año, fueron 365 Días contigo querido amigo.
E. Mellyberry
my tween son adores it, loves it, puts it on his bedside table, and reads it every night. he gets motivated reading this. whe he had a bad day at school, he would go home and curl up in his room reading this book. always this book.

i love this book too. it's crazy- crazy good.
Jenifer Jacobs
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading with Max. Thinking of you Angela!!

Loved this book! Max and I had fantastic discussion about the precepts (and who wrote them!). I love Mr. Browne and wish he was a real teacher (although he reminds of many of my favorite real teachers!!!).
Lauren
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book full with amazing quotes and precepts to live by. A must read all year long.
Tamara
I'm embarrassed to admit that, unlike my dear friend and teaching partner Debby, I didn't immediately recognize the transformative power of Wonder. I had to read it aloud to kids, and hear their reactions, before I began to get it. But really, it wasn't until my second year of reading it aloud (3rd reading) that I had my own 'aha' moment. With each rereading, Wonder filters deeper down into my soul.
So, I've been waiting excitedly for 365 Days of Wonder. And what a great resource for the classroo
Flor Méndez
Gracias a Penguin Random House por el ejemplar.

Reseña disponible en el blog desde el 4/3

Otro libro de esta autora que va directamente a mis favoritos. Es rápido y muy fluido, lleno de preceptos y frases que todos tendríamos que leer antes de salir a enfrentar al mundo cada mañana. Es prácticamente un canto al optimismo y a las buenas vibras. Es hermoso.

Lo empecé a la madrugada y lo terminé hace un ratito, y sólo porque tenía que dormir entre medio.

Precioso <3
William
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
<3 <3 <3 my little brother gave this as a gift to me <3 <3 <3
Diogo Fonseca
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sempre que eu fico sabendo que alguém leu Extraordinário eu fico muito feliz, e sempre que posso eu indico o livro.
Hoje eu tive a oportunidade de matar um pouco a saudade do livro lendo 365 dias extraordinário, que por mais que o foco não seja no Auggie me fez lembrar dele. Gostei muito de boa parte dos preceitos e a visão do Sr. Browne sobre os seus alunos e a educação.
Objetivo do livro e trazer um preceito por dia, mas eu achei melhor lê-lo em uma única sentada, até por que no final de cada
P-the book nerd
One of the most unique books, I loved every quote and I read the whole thing with a huge smile on my face...
Josiah
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
First, a few of my favorite precepts from the book:

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

—Roald Dahl, January 2

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can be grateful because thorn bushes have roses."

—Ziggy (Tom Wilson), April 16

"You're never a loser until you quit trying."

—Mike Ditka, July 27

"If your ship doesn't com
Myndi
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book I'll find myself going to time after time for the rest of my life. The precepts that are included in this book are wonderful and uplifting and show how positive the human spirit can be.

While not an actual story, there are pieces of information and peeks into the Wonder world at the beginning of most months. We get to see a bit more of some of the characters, including Auggie, when they correspond with Mr. Browne. I like that this was added, though I would probably have
Faizah Aulia R
suka. suka. suka. sukaaaaaaa bangeet.
Dari zaman baca Wonder, konsep precept nya Mr. Tushman tuh udah menarik banget hati buat diikutin, kalo jujur mah bahkan di setiap babnya ngarep ada bagian Mr. Tushman ngasih precept (ya ga mungkin sih, kan ceritanya ttg Auggie bukan Mr. Tushman wkwk).

Baca ini jadi tahu dari sudut pandang English Teacher nya Auggie, dan bacain email dari siswa saat summer holiday itu refreshing banget, polooss bgt, dan cerita2nya suka nyentuh hwhwhw.

suka banget konsep Mr. Tus
Tabitha Juarez
365 Days of wonder was a great book. This is the second book in the wonder series.I highly recccomend this book to anyone who likes books about poetry,The book was filled with great pieces of poetry i enjoyed.I hope you decided to read this amazing book.
Angela Juline
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A book of precepts (perfect for moi, as I have been "collecting" quotes since I was 15), with some side commentary by Mr. Browne (Teacher from Wonder).
Kristen
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great little collection of precepts (quotes and words to live by) and also includes some great stories and anecdotes from Mr. Browne. I love that the quotes are from all over and include both historical and pop culture references.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. --Anne Frank

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. --RuPaul

Some of the quotes are also ring true during this tumultuous time in our country.

We didn't all com
el
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the poems that were put into this book. They were all about the same general idea - kindness - yet it was portrayed in a lot of different ways.

The lessons in the precepts are good lessons for middle school students to know and to remember.

I enjoy this book a lot. It has a lot of memorable quotes for everyone. I also liked how they included little drawings/doodles around the quotes to make it more interesting and fun to read.
kaleigh
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017, 5-stars
Oh how I adored this book. I loved reading all 365 precepts that were in this book and I loved getting to read the little essays written by Mr. Browne.

This book was a beautiful edition to the Wonder book and I'm so glad that I read it. As cheesy as it is my favorite precept from the book was definitely "When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind."

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY READ WONDER THEN GO READ IT ASAP BECAUSE IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND THEN READ 365 DAYS OF WONDER
Jana Khalafallah
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This inspiring book contains precepts sure to lighten up your day. For those that don't know, a precept is like a quote. This book not only contains quotes from Aesop to famous people today but it also includes a bit about Wonder and what happened after the book. I liked this book because I felt like the quotes were true and you could relate to them from experiences in your own life. This is what made the book so great. People of all ages can often relate to the same quote making the book for a ...more
Play Book Tag: 365 Days of wonder by RJ Palacio ~ 5 stars 1 8 Dec 31, 2017 09:32PM
  • Plastic, Ahoy!: Investigating the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
  • Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla
  • Dash (Dogs of World War II)
  • Aces Wild
  • Peace
  • The Map Trap
  • Chuck Close: Face Book
  • Egg: Nature's Perfect Package
  • Neighborhood Sharks: Hunting with the Great Whites of California's Farallon Islands
  • The 14 Fibs of Gregory K.
  • Life on Mars
  • Booked
  • A Summer of Sundays
  • Ava and Pip (Ava and Pip #1)
  • The Skull in the Rock: How a Scientist, a Boy, and Google Earth Opened a New Window on Human Origins
  • Ick! Yuck! Eew!: Our Gross American History
  • Honey
  • The Key to Extraordinary
R.J. Palacio lives in NYC with her husband, two sons, and two dogs. For more than twenty years, she was an art director and graphic designer, designing book jackets for other people while waiting for the perfect time in her life to start writing her own novel. But one day several years ago, a chance encounter with an extraordinary child in front of an ice cream store made R. J. realize that the pe ...more
More about R.J. Palacio

Wonder (1 books)
  • Wonder (Wonder, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“We carry within us the wonders we seek around us.” 12 likes
“When it's dark, be the one who turns on the light.

—Joseph, Age 9, Brooklyn, New York, November 29”
6 likes