Start by marking “Gun Metal Heart” as Want to Read:
Gun Metal Heart

Gun Metal Heart (Daria Gibron #2)

In Gun Metal Heart by Dana Haynes, Daria Gibron, a freelance operative with a long and deadly history, has been slowly recovering from the injuries sustained from her last case. Hiding out in a town in rural Italy, she has been staying as far off the map as she can—until she's tracked down by an old colleague. Diego had been a bodyguard in Florence, protecting an engineer ...more
Published August 19th 2014 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Gun Metal Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gun Metal Heart

Aug 18, 2014 Bob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me up entirely too late. One might call this a cross between Laura Croft & Jason Bourne. I just love books with nonstop action, and entertaining characters. Thank you Dana for a good read.
Jul 23, 2014 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, fiction, e-arcs, 2014
Frenetically fast-paced and fun international thriller. Conspiracies, double crosses and drones--oh my!
Sep 28, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, another author that does not receive the recognition that is deserved. I found Dana Haynes quite by accident when I read his book Crashers. After book two in the Crashers series, he made a slight detour and brought his readers up to date with Daria Gibron, an ex-Israeli spy.

I do not know how to describe her. She is neither good nor bad, but has a burning passion to keep the playing field fair. As an independent operative that is laying low in Italy, until she recovers her strength fr
Oct 01, 2014 Ed rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former Shin Bet operative Daria Gibron is back in action in Dana Hayes (Crashers) second book in this high octane series. A simple security assignment in Milan goes bad and she finds herself relentlessly pursued though European locals by deadly mini drones operated by an evil American defense contractor, their crooked US Army procurement officers, a mysterious and lethal female special ops player and a team of rogue CIA agents bent on revenge. The non stop action was a little too drawn out for m ...more
Sep 15, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was excellent. It reminded me of girl with a dragon tattoo except less tech and more ass-kicking via awesome female protagonist. It wasn't THE BEST EVER OMG, but it certainly merits five stars from me. The political intrigue fascinated me, Daria's badassery was, well, badass, and the humor! The dry wit, Haynes wasn't afraid to break the super serious "omg ww3 is coming" setting with a few well placed one-liners. I stormed through this book in two sittings, with a reminder of how much I ...more
Jessica Higgins
n Gun Metal Heart, Daria Gibron is back in action. She is recovering from injuries sustained in her last case. Hiding in Italy, she uses her time to train her mind and body. She is completely off the grid, left alone by everyone, until an old friend tracks her down and asks for help. Diego had been helping with security for an engineer and her invention when they were ambushed, he was the only one to escape. Now he has come to Daria asking for help to save the friend he was working with and to t ...more
In "Gun Metal Heart", the second Daria Gibron thriller, out in bookstores now, Daria, on the run from the United States and Europe for her role in "Ice Cold Kill" is again sucked into a whirlwind terrorist plot by her friend and fellow killer Diego. It seems that Serbian terrorists have stolen advanced minature drone technology, which advanced air planes are armed with missiles and plan to sell it to the highest bidder.

The main terrorist and thief, a woman, knows about Daria, but still underesti
Oct 20, 2014 Normalene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As with the Jack Reacher stories, Daria Gibron is hard to kill and harder yet to avoid if you get in her way while she is on a mission. This time an old friend asks her to find out why his partner is missing on what should have been a routine body guard assignment. This leads to her getting involved with U.S. military tech being used by terrorists, shady military contractors, hi-tech killing machines that fly and some more all-around bad people. I love these and I can't get enough of them. Hayne ...more
Dec 15, 2014 Maddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
PROTAGONIST: Daria Gibron, freelance operative
SETTING: Belgrade
SERIES: #2 of 2
WHY: After recovering from a case of superflu, freelance operative Daria Gibron is definitely not up to 100 percent. She consents to help an old friend, Diego, who is a bodyguard, and becomes involved in an international scheme pitting her against another formidable woman, Vioria. Gibron is the target of some new drones that are using voice and facial recognition to seek her out. The book has high stakes thr
Warren Thoms
Daria is a great female character who is strong and smart but has no problem asking from help from her friends. A really good story with a lot of pace. The "Bad" girl was a very intriguing character who was just as smart as Daria and a butt kicker as well. It would have been an interesting story if the two had been working together. I am a little sad as Dana Haynes has not written anything in a few years. I hope that he has not hung his pen up and just taking a break.
Mark Hepler
Dana Haynes’s story pits a head-turning Nordic villainess—who has a gift for repartee—against a swarthy, buff, Levantine killing-machine heroine. Both are hotties, so guys will have trouble choosing sides.

Although the bad girl is witty, she and her co-villains are stone psychopaths, so you’ll probably end up cheering for the nice deadly Jewish girl.

Gun Metal Heart is notable for compellingly evil villains: you’ll love ‘em even if you don’t root for ‘em.
Aug 30, 2014 Jenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not Dana Haynes' best book thus far, though he's still a "young" author. Daria is an intriguing character - we certainly dove into her a lot more in the last book. While the adventure in this book was great, I felt the entire thing fell flat as a whole. The strong female vs female villain/hero battle was refreshing.
Sep 29, 2014 Rena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 stars.

Lots of action and more politics in this one. Daria once again is a kick-ass main character. We see some PTSD she's experiencing, but it doesn't stop her of course. There's a great new female nemesis too, who's actually quite funny. Can't wait for more of these books.
Eric Schweitz
Jun 20, 2015 Eric Schweitz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good action thriller. Sets and keeps a brisk pace and has the reader pulling for a flawed killer. The protagonist, Daria Gibron, rides the wave of chaos around her like a ballerina on a surfboard—again. The story is violent and graphic, so not for everyone.
A fast-paced thriller, featuring Daria Gibron, who has showed up in Haynes' other books. The topic is timely -- drone technology -- and Daria makes an excellent heroine. There is the usual U.S. and international political wrangling, as well as a villain who is Daria's match.
Peter Fiske
Feb 18, 2015 Peter Fiske rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not trying to compare her with Michael Monroe, but it's hard. I enjoyed this second book of Daria, but I keep comparing her to Taylor Stevens books.
Never the less, it's a good read and holds your interest. Mr. Haynes, keep writing.
Sep 18, 2015 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good action-packed book with a strong, central female character. Read like a Bourne novel, only with a female lead, and lots of Eastern European politics.
Cardyn Brooks
Nov 27, 2014 Cardyn Brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daria Gibron is the best kick-butt anti-hero in contemporary escapist vigilante justice adrenaline fiction.
Brian Mccamey
Sep 02, 2014 Brian Mccamey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!! Grabbed it on a whim... Finished it in 2 days! Could not believe I missed this... Definitely added to my favorites... Now to track down the rest of Daria's adventures!!!
Starts slow but gets better. Women are not totally believable because their characters do not seem fully fleshed out. The plot had interesting twists and turns.

Twist and Shout - Lennon
I Love Rock and Roll - Jett
We Will Rock You
It's Only Rock and Roll
Give Peace a Chance
Samantha Hoffele
Samantha Hoffele rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Benjamin rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Katy King
Katy King rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Paul Woods
Paul Woods rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Grace rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Daria Gibron (2 books)
  • Ice Cold Kill (Daria Gibron #1)