Start by marking “TAKE ME HOME: THE INSPIRING STORIES OF 20 ENTREPRENEURS FROM SMALL-TOWN INDIA WITH BIG-TIME DREAMS” as Want to Read:

Parakram Singh Jadeja did it in Rajkot Deepak Dadhoti did it in Belgaum Vibhor Agrawal did it in Meerut Take Me Home is the story of 20 entrepreneurs who have built remarkable enterprises, while remaining true to their roots. From small towns across India, they run giant global companies with locally trained talent. The ability to run a professional business is no longer ...more
Published January 27th 2014 by Westland

To ask other readers questions about TAKE ME HOME, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TAKE ME HOME

Start your review of TAKE ME HOME: THE INSPIRING STORIES OF 20 ENTREPRENEURS FROM SMALL-TOWN INDIA WITH BIG-TIME DREAMS
Anie
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very motivating and inspiring....

A nice book for young entrepreneurs. It includes the stories of different personalities from small towns around India who in spite of all odds became successful in their respective fields. Nice research work done by the author and reading the real life inspiring stories keeps you motivated.
Pranshu Sharma
I so want to go back into time and gift this to my dad. Not so insightful for people looking to learn principles or struggles of entrepreneurship but it's more like a bedtime story for every SME lover. Short lovely stories from some common brands you might have heard of while growing up in India.
Anil Swarup
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another remarkable compilation of success stories of those that made it almost from no-where. A few common traits that run through all these achievers centre around grit, passion, perseverance and honesty of purpose. All of them had a dream but they had their feet firmly on the ground. What is also noteworthy is the role played by various government agencies and the banks in acting as enablers. Credit goes to the author for compiling and narrating these tales in a manner that makes them ...more
Urvish Patoliya
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book has really good stories of entrepreneurs, specially for those who are interested in entrepreneurship.
Good learning all the way from all prospectives.
One get to learn the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial life, and to get success and let business grow one must stick to it till long.

Book all over to be good but it takes time to read. it's not one day or two day reading like other novel. you must give time to the book to understand.
Mallika Hatimuria
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely & really inspiring!

Anyone & everyone with an iota of entrepreneurial dreams should read this. No fancy packaging, the book is 'Straight from the heart' by these 20 entrepreneurs. Its about their dreams, struggles & the journey that they have undergone.

Must read. Really appreciating Rashmi Bansal for such an idea of exploring these unique personalities and bringing all of them together in the form of a book.
Rishabh Anand
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rashmi Bansal beautifully explains the inspirational story of Rohith Bhat.Great book to read.
Senthil
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just travelled with the entrepreneurs.
Ripudaman
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read, about obstacles of unknown entrepreneurs who started just by an Idea and not equipped with college degrees, strong backgrounds or any-kind of support. However they managed to flourish by staying in the game and believing on their soul of idea.
Neha Kaushal
Beautifully written... awe aspiring tales of the entrepreneurs who took the time in their stride and emerged victorious
ranjan singh
New type

Simply super not read such type of book in Hindi. Narrative and story telling was gud but may be a bit of more technical for common man like me
Pavan Teja
A unison of different perspectives. Do read this.
Sudeep  Gupta
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books takes you with the journey these entrepreneurs went through in their quest to find success. Gives a good perspective, what it takes to make it happen
Ronald
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another inspiring tales of brave Entrepreneurs. I really enjoyed the book. It motivates me to do my own thing. This is my third book of Rashmi Bansal. I am planning to read her other books as well.
Sanketh KG
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. But I think more emphasis should have been given on their journey and less on the number of stories. After reading a few stories, I felt that they were all monotonous. A detailed version might have avoided that.
Overall, a wonderful book.
Rrrrrron
Nov 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: renew-to
20 puff pieces that could have been written by a FT/Forbes bot - mindless fawning bios without any insight.

Like a cheap version of FT/Forbes glowing bios of executives and entrepreneurs. The protagonists have no flaws except that they are too intelligent, too kind or too committed. These glaring flaws are all evident in the first headline story. They made chips (the ones you ate). It was not a new market. There are existing competitors. Apparently, in this market, everyone treated each other
Tony
Feb 27, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Great
Vismay
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

More than the simple lucid style in which she writes, it is that quality of careful and laborious handpicking of the stories of the men and women, each of whom have a different mindset, a different background, a different guiding principle, a unique vision yet a common drive and passion for working for your mater, that sets Rashmi Bansal’s books apart.
Every person has a story. So it becomes all the more difficult to pick out 20 something stories which might cater to (inspire) a wide spectrum of
Akanksha
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
collection of real stories of very interesting and unpopular entrepreneurs
Nitin Vadher
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
have read all the books written by Rashmi Bansal, she provides the most inspiring stories; their journey from rags to riches always keeps me thinking. The ways she narrates this stories keeps the readers hooked up until you complete the last chapter. Also the simple and easy language makes readers to easily understand the content of the book.
Rashmi Bansal’s book describes different sets of entrepreneur, ones it’s about IIM graduates, then it was about woman entrepreneur, social entrepreneur,
Srinivas Addanki
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must congratulate Rashmi Bansal on bringing out yet another inspiring book. This book contains stories of 20 people who, instead of following the crowd took a different route, cut a different path for themselves and made their own place in history. The inspiring examples provided by the author in the book proves that you do not need to be a graduate or a PG from a world renowned institute to make it big. All you need is a vision, a mission and the determination and the zeal to convert your ...more
Chaitanya Deepak
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I looked up for this book right after it was launched but couldn't find it and wasn't in my mind until recently, when I came across it on an online store. This is my first book of this kind on entrepreneurship. The author has put up great effort and ground work to bring forward 20 inspirational stories of successful entrepreneurs from India.The author has done a great job,She picked up stories which will really move you and evoke your thinking. In fact I was astonished to learn about these ...more
Inderpal
Just as great and inspiring as any other Rashmi Bansal book. I bought it in those initial days when it came out and had been reading it slowly ever since, a chapter a time, taking little bites, especially in the morning and before going to bed. and in the classrooms at the last bench ;) :P Man, the stories are so interesting, they never cease to amaze me. The best thing about the book, in my opinion, is perhaps the fact that all the ventures were based in small towns, started with crappy budgets ...more
Shrikanth
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of Robosoft

A big IT building standing in a quite place like Udupi always created questions in my mind. How come a non IT city manages to get business and talent. This is the story of Robosoft - the company which has created its own niche and which has persevered in the face of adversities. Short and to the point writing. Not a lot has been given out about the actual journey though.
Mukul Parashar
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting of this book is too good. If one has some idea in his mind, he will surely think that idea once again to implement the same. But later this book become less interesting. This is because less information is given about their hard work and their Jugaad approach to turn adversity into opportunity.

Overall this book is nice and "must read" for first 10 stories.
Vidya
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring interviews. Its an answer to most of us who think what can we do alone to help our country, being in the wrong place. It goes out to show the options and ways that open up if one really wants to make a difference. Any place, any time becomes the right place, right time if we ARE willing to be the change.
Aditya Kumar
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual Rashmi Bansal books always bring stories of people who do something different from others. The book has brought stories about those people who moved back to their roots and started their journey dismissing the myth that business need big cities for market.
Tushar Shinde
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Startup India has been initiated. Along with start-up plan every young entrepreneur should read this book. This book may help for foot step of their business. All collection of real inspirational stories of Indian entrepreneur. Rashmi Bansal have written in real manner.
Tony Sheldon
Great entrepreneurs,great writing and a great book.No complaints but just a thanks.Thanks to Rashmi Bansal for writing this.You are doing great work.5 stars for the simplicity of telling the stories I wanted to know with least clutter around.Satisfied.
Nishit Kadia
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each Entrepreneur had his/her distinct story, but the common thing I learnt is to NEVER GIVE UP, though they made changes in their plans by logical understandings, but they never gave up and went back to "traditional" way of "settled" life.
In all it was very inspiring.
Rohan
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring like all Rashmi Bansal books and must-read for anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur

• Half Girlfriend
  • How to take decisions (Management Sutras)
  • How I Braved Anu Aunty & Co-Founded A Million Dollar Company
  • The Girl in Room 105
  • Life's Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
  • When Only Love Remains
  • I Do What I Do
Rashmi Bansal is a writer, entrepreneur and youth expert.She is the author of two bestselling books on entrepreneurship. ‘Stay Hungry Stay Foolish’ features the stories of 25 MBAs who left lucrative jobs to follow the rough road of entrepreneurship. The book created a new record in Indian publishing by selling over 300,000 copies and has been translated into 8 languages.

Rashmi’s second book, ‘
“With stones of faith you can build bridges across oceans of doubt, and seas of despair. ‘Success’ is an island in your mind. You can and you will get there.” 1 likes
“I have seen the world…. Now take me home.” 1 likes