Start by marking “Retrato de uma Doadora (Starters)” as Want to Read:
Retrato de uma Doadora (Starters)

Retrato de uma Doadora

(Starters #1.75)

Uma história complementar que vai ajudar você a entender mais o mundo de Starters.

Exclusivo em formato digital.

A Prime Destinations é uma empresa que aluga os corpos dos Starters para Enders que querem aproveitar a vida em um corpo mais jovem e com muitas habilidades.

A promessa feita ao Starter de que ele jamais se lembraria do que o seu inquilino fez não é verdade. O Sta
Published by Editora Novo Conceito (first published December 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Retrato de uma Doadora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Retrato de uma Doadora

Books'N'Tracks
2.5 stars for a boring shortstory that was beautifully written.
Jill booksandescape
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Portrait of a Donor by Lissa Price is a novella in the Starters series. It is told from the perspective of Briona, who is a donor. This novella is a great addition to the series.
Alina
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, dystopia
Can't say I liked its plot and also it added nothing to the main story.
Joaquin
Okay, it’s been a LONG while since I’ve last read anything from this duology. I heard that there’s going to be a third book? Well...

Anyway, I’ve went through hell and back just to find an epub copy of this novella AND I MEAN HELL. I spent a long time searching!

And so, nothing new to the main plot. Just a novella. I finally finished this series and I’m done with it and I’m just... finally.
Rachelle
Creepy time after the Spore Wars. The Starters have it rough.
Nanie Hurley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leituras-de-2014
Uma aventura curta na visão de uma das doadoras da Prime Destinations.

Bom!

Outro conto curto que se passa no mundo da série Starters e Enders.
Dessa vez, Lissa Price nos coloca no corpo de uma Starter que foi doadora da Prime Destinations.
Embora a trama do livro não esteja diretamente conectada ao primeiro livro, ela se passa depois dos acontecimentos da primeira história e eu não recomendaria a leitura desse conto para quem ainda não conferiu Starters.
Entretanto, não é preciso ler esse conto par
Anthony Sementilli
PROS
-Foreshadowing Skills: I can't describe it, but you get this feeling of dread despite the "crapsaccharine" appearance of certain...aspects. I don't know how Lissa created suspense in what would logically appear benign and boring...but she did! Perhaps because we are used to the fact that nobody is safe
-Perspective: The great thing about 1st person is that you do get a strong connection to the main character, despite what 1st person haters say. However, you sacrifice some intimacy with the fr
Jessica
A short story from the point of view of one of the donors from Starters, Briona. An Afrian-American girl, she repeatedly mentions being discriminated against for her skin tone. It covers her exit-interview at Prime Destinations and the day or so after.

This story was slightly better, but not by much. Briona is a character we (and Callie) only see being occupied by someone else in the novel proper. This gives a little peek into her personality and some insight as to what happens to most of the do
Aline
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

This was a really good short story. Very well developed, picking up facts from the series, and even being small the author managed not making crazy jumps on the plot. The characters well developed, the pace really good, the writing also great. Although the end had something predictable at the same time there was another twist that changed the predictable part. I really liked the connection made between these characters and the ones on the series. Great short.
Diana
Mehsi
Since it been quite a time since I last read Starters, this story was very very confusing. Even know when I read the ending I still can't think who they all were.

But other than that, it was a really good story, and it fits so perfectly between book 1 and 2. And makes me want to check out book 2. :)
Jimmy Mcphink
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic and the best of the short stories. But, it was also the shortest one as well. For those that think a super short story is not worth $2 (kindle version) I say most pay more than that for a drink when they eat out so I think it's well worth the money if enjoyable and this one was. I loved the ending.
Megan
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was interesting because it was about a character we had already met, well sort of, in Starters. It definitely makes me want to dive into Enders to see if we find her again or if that is the end of her story.
Karina
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, sci-fi
It was good but not really relevant to the story. If read before Enders, it would really build some suspense for it.
Yael
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm getting prepared to read Enders and that sneak pick at the end was awesome. Can't wait to continue this series. Great quick read!
Ana Carolina Vanzetta
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, ebook
Erica Alyson
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting short story! On to Enders! Can't wait!
Kazza
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Portrait of an Ender was better, but this was interesting as well.
Lindsay
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Great ending and what a surprise. Love this series and excellent especially for a novella.
Nina Penny
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fun and exciting novella. This one, I'd say, is the the most important to the story. I enjoyed it a lot and highly recommend it.
MilleneUeda
Apr 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Lightspeed Magazine, November 2013
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • Restoration (Razorland, #2.5)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • The First Star to Fall (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1.5)
  • No Intention of Dying (The Internment Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • The Most Precious Memory
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed: Marco's Story (The Dispossessed, #1.5)
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • Before Tomorrow (Forget Tomorrow, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
Lissa Price’s debut novel STARTERS is an award-winning, international bestseller published in over thirty countries. Dean Koontz called this YA futuristic thriller “a smart, swift, inventive, altogether gripping story.” The LA Times said it is “Dystopian science-fiction at its best,” and “Readers who have been waiting for a worthy successor to ‘The Hunger Games’ will find it here.”

STARTERS was a

Starters (2 books)
  • Starters (Starters, #1)
  • Enders (Starters, #2)