Start by marking “Dissected” as Want to Read:
Dissected

Dissected

Abandoned by her mother at a young age, seventeen-year-old Sydney Warner is always vying for attention. A thrill seeker with a penchant for extreme sports and a fascination with death, she’s brash and doesn’t take crap from anyone.

Withdrawn and broody David from English class is the boy of Syd’s dreams, but love becomes just another extreme sport when Syd discovers David
Published November 10th 2013 by Sock Puppet Press (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dissected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dissected

Becky
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Sydney Warner was six, she awoke one day to find her Mom's telescope and jewelry left in her room. Her Mom was gone--the note she left read she was going to be happy. Sydney managed to weather that storm well enough, but in her junior year far worse happened--and she went badly off-course. Syd's begun to cut herself. Her father and teachers don't know--and if they don't find out, she could cut too deeply.

Sydney's story is told with empathy and concern. Ms. Bostic did her research and made s
Hart Johnson
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author does a fantastic job of the very real emotion of first love, high school isolation, coping (and sometimes failing to cope) with what life deals us. Sydney is dealing with some big stuff. Stuff many adults couldn't handle, and she has the skills and perceptions of a teen. She also has some destructive forces around her... betrayal, negative peer pressure, abandonment issues...

There is also a nice balance of the darkness and the hope. In the happy times, there are warnings things might
Tessa Lillie
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the few books I’ve ever read that deals with tough issues. And seriously? I’m so glad I got the chance to do so. Depression, addiction, self-harm — these are subjects that have always intrigued me but I never really sat down to think about them or to deliberate over these issues as they often get lost in the shuffle. So to cut it short, I didn’t exactly know what to expect from this book since it is definitely not my typical read. And by the way — this is one of the hardest review ...more
Tiffany Holme
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, review-copy
Powerful & Thought Provoking

I love books that deal with hard issues. When done right they are often heart breaking, and in the end an emotional ride that will stick with you. Megan Bostic, has created a book that was powerful and will undoubtedly stick with me. There is no doubt that the words in these pages will cause some to turn away, or go misunderstood by others. However, for many this will be the book that you read because you understand that people go through this, struggle with this
Kristina
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What I Liked
It is hard for me to say what I liked about this book. It deals with real life hard emotional problems and situations. This isn't my typical read, but I read Megan Bostic's other book Never Eighteen (another not typical read) and I really enjoyed it. Megan is one of those authors that I will read anything she writes because I know that regardless how opposite it is of my usual reads I'm still going to get sucked into her characters issues and life.
I did like Syd as a character, we ge
Amy
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bostic did it again. She reaches in and grabs you exactly where you never expected. This story is real life. It is emotional, raw, edgy and exactly how sadly, life is for teens. This is a must read for sure.
Jen  Bigheart
Raw look at a young girls downward spiral into drugs after being betrayed. Heartwarming? No. Real? Absolutely.
Kate
Sydney has always been a bit dark, especially since her mom left, but after her boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend, she starts cutting herself and doing drugs. It isn't long before she ends up in the hospital, and then she must begin the long road to recovery.

This was a super fast read. The beginning fools you a bit, because it's all happy in love, even though you know Syd often thinks about suicide. While she isn't suicidal, she does have a lot of self-destructive behaviors. I have a
April
Mar 13, 2014
Wortmagie
Jun 13, 2014

• Kissed by Madness
  • Clan Fianna (The Fellwater Tales #3)
  • Mean Sun
  • Just Add Spice
  • Pennies from Hell
  • A Father's Son
  • Old Testament Theology: Reading the Hebrew Bible as Christian Scripture
  • The Southern Po' Boy Cookbook: Mouthwatering Sandwich Recipes from the Heart of New Orleans
  • The City of Earthly Desire
  • The Gift (The Chronicles of Malachai #1)