Start by marking “Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)” as Want to Read:
Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)

Home Sweet Home

(Southern Comfort #2)

“It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a ramshackle house must be in want of a handyman.”

Just because English professor Grace Williams is a woman whose “new” house is crumbling around her doesn’t mean she needs an arrogant, condescending man’s help, even if he does look gorgeous in faded jeans and a tool belt. What she needs is a
Published April 3rd 2014 by eKensington (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Home Sweet Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Sweet Home

Start your review of Home Sweet Home (Southern Comfort, #2)
Jane Stewart
3 stars. I enjoyed it - the story and the characters.

I chuckled at the way the author had the “house” be a character with intentions and actions.

I wish the author came up with a different reason for Grace to NOT want to fall in love. That went on for too long and it didn’t make sense to me, but I enjoyed everything else.

Jake and Grace do not like each other. After a while they admire each other’s bodies, but there is no positive communication. Then all of a sudden they go to the bedroom. I wish
Vivian
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Grace Williams is not your typical English professor. She has a relatively good sense of humor, enjoys teaching, loves to read, and is rather excited about moving from California to Kentucky. This move puts her closer to her only surviving family members: her sister, brother-in-law, and adorable niece. The only problems are she left California after a disastrous love affair and has vowed not to get close to a man emotionally. Why is this a problem? Well her house, the "Spinster House" likes ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2lY4BnI

Two stubborn individuals and a house determined to get them together. Home Sweet Home was entertaining, that's for sure.

The Gist: Grace bought an older house and it's...got some issues. So her realtor offers up her younger brother as a helping hand. These two, though, whew they are not fans of one another despite the house's best attempts at bringing them together.

Grace and Jake. ::snort:: These two were hella stubborn.
Penny Leidecker
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grace moves to Willow Springs for a fresh start. Jake doesn’t care for Pembroke people and that’s what Grace is, since she took a job there. Grace has bought the “Spinster House” and Mary Beth, Jake’s sister, volunteers him to help Grace with any repairs she needs. The house does what it can to bring them together, but will it succeed or is it not meant to be? Grab your copy and see what happens.
Alissa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh. It was at least 2.5 stars. I liked the characters well enough. There was a lot of time just skipped over. There were also the random few paragraphs from the house's perspective--that was just a bit weird. It was fine.
Willow Brook
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this author's humor, dialogue and imperfect but likeable characters.
Amanda
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute book! Love Sarah Title's sense of humor and her charming small town. I found the house being a character to be a little grating, but i like the heroine and hero.
Melissa
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Good, sweet story.
Glenda Bettin
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this book but there sure were times I wanted to kick Grace ass
Pam Jackson-gorsline
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Home

This was a fun story with many twists and turns. The characters were complex and entertaining. I enjoy reading this and books.
Judy Collins
As a sucker for old historic homes and bed and breakfast inns, when I find both, a new author and a stunning cover with one of my two passions – I go for it!

Both the new found author and the old charming Victorian (known as the Spinster House), did not disappoint. Mix in some historic charm, literature from Jane Austen, a book worm Grace (the English professor), fiasco of remodeling, and some flirty romance with a hunky carpenter, Jake– bingo, a winner.

When Grace buys her first dream house (in
Kathy
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Home Sweet Home by Sarah Title is an adorable, magical romance between two stubborn people who are fine with a no strings fling, but love? No way! With a little help from a very unlikely source, Grace Williams and Jake Burdette soon discover that love often sneaks in when it is least expected.

In need of a new beginning after a failed romance, English professor Grace Williams' move from CA to Kentucky is full of surprises. Her new house is in desperate need of a little TLC but it is her
Aimee
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little romance story. It was a fast read, I finished it in two days easily. It is set in a small town where Grace moves to begin a new life for herself. As soon as she gets to her new house she meets Jake and she is attracted to him immediately. I loved the parts of the story where we read about Grace lusting over Jake in her head. She keeps telling herself that she doesn't want to fall in love with anyone, but she just cannot help wanting to spend time with Jake.

Jake is not
Heather andrews
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grace gets distracted easily, and I can't blame her, "although, standing in front of her, dripping and seething, he looked pretty damn manly. Jake continued to stare, and she continued to will her knees not to buckle. Then he reached down and tore his shirt over his head and she was pretty sure she was going to die. I hate this guy, she reminded herself as she counted...yup, that's a six-pack." Jake he has some moves on him, " I changed your mind, huh?" He nudged his hips against her, just so ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

(I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review).

English professor, Grace Williams has bought an old house with character in small town Kentucky. Her real estate agent's brother, Jake has been designated to help her fix any problems that come with an old house. As soon as the two meet sparks fly but neither wants to admit that they are attracted to one another. Being in a small town they keep running into one another and the house itself seems to want them
Melinda
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it
More reviews at www.melenasreviews.com
Past reviews at http://melenasreviews.wordpress.com/

I love a sweet romance but felt this one should have been better. I loved how Jake is an average man trying to make ends meet and better himself. Now Grace to me sounded snobbish. I mean she didn’t seem the type at all to me to feel any romance. She seemed to straight-laced and proper. I wanted for one moment to see her be impulsive let loose. Jake was definitely the man to do it yet felt in this book there
Dita
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is interesting,I love opposite attract story. With Grace being a prim proper lit professor who doesn't believe in love inspite of teaching Jane Austin (whott??) and Jake,a grouchy handyman/construction turned home flipper/architecture expert who was a trouble maker, I like their hate-you but wanna-kiss you interaction.

And a lil' intervention from the spinster house's spirit is kinda cute too...
Marisa
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014, arcs
What a lovely Contemporary Romance book by an author who is/was new to me. What a thrill to find an author who writes romance well! Perfect for your beach bag. It made me feed my reader with her first book for Spring Break but they are not part of a series.

Here is the full review...
Lyn
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Funny & Fast
What a fun book. A little bit of spice and a lot of laughs will make you want to sit down and escape life! Well written and sweet. There honestly are laugh-out-loud spots and many tender moments. Some history thrown into the mix as well! Enjoy! NetGalley and Kensington Books provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Shannan
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014
This was a really cute book. I love a little bit of unrealized magic in books - love it! So this was right up my ally. I liked the characters, the house -which I want to live in, the romance, love the small town, and story line.
If you want an easy, fun read on a Saturday afternoon this would be a fab book!!
Darlene
3.85
I love stories about old houses and fixing them up so this caught my eye with the title and then the cover and since I'm from Kentucky I was hooked. I was not disappointed. Right now I'm just wanting to read lighthearted love stories that make me happy and this fit the bill. Never thought I would enjoy romance but boy was I wrong!!!
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This was a really fun, sweet read. I enjoyed the chemistry between Grace and Jake, although I didn't always get the reasons why they couldn't be together.

The slight magical lilt to the book with the whole house thing was well done, and it was altogether an enjoyable read.
Amanda
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC from NETGALLEY

This was a fantastic book, I couldn't put it down until it was done. I loved the story line and the main characters. It's more realistic then most romance books these days. I can't wait until I can read another book from this author.
Claudia
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one a lot! I know this sounds stupid because it's a romance book and all but it was soooo romantic! And I loved the Jane Austen references.
Tina Jenkins
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

I truly enjoyed this book. It is the second book I have read by Sarah. I have fallen in love with her books.
Bonnie
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
First time reading this author and I loved this story. Very cute, sweet romance. Loved the magical aspect to it. Very enjoyable!
Dorothy Morawsky
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the house has a mind of its own. I can loan this book if you want to read it, you will enjoy it!
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Cute book! Enjoyed a lot. Review coming
Donna
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book.
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! Romance, but realistic.
Excellent series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Delicious (Buchanans, #1)
  • Irresistible (Buchanans #2)
  • Saving Grace (Safe Havens, #1)
  • The Sometime Bride
  • Bite Club (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 22)
  • Loving From Afar (The Women of Independence, #1)
  • Festival of Lights
  • Maid for the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #1)
  • Hold Me (Fool's Gold, #16)
  • The Wyoming Kid & The Horseman's Son: The Wyoming Kid
  • Teardrop Lane (Eternity Springs, #9)
  • The Reluctant Cowboy (Morgan Ranch #1)
  • Saving Her Cowboy (Brothers of Miller Ranch, #2)
  • Tempting (Buchanans, #4)
  • Colt (Texans, #3)
  • Sizzling (Buchanans, #3)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries #4)
Sarah Title has worked as a barista, a secretary, a furniture painter, and once managed a team of giant walking beans. She currently leads a much more normal life as a librarian in West Virginia. Kentucky Home is her first novel.

Southern Comfort (5 books)
  • Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)
  • Snowed In (Southern Comfort, #3)
  • Two Family Home (Southern Comfort, #4)
  • Practice Makes Perfect (Southern Comfort #5)