Start by marking “Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper, #1)

Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper #1)

Princess Ophelia Dacre sneaks out of the castle to visit her boyfriend in secret. A perfect night cut short when she’s brutally murdered.

Ophelia is given the rare chance to become a grim reaper. She must become Leila Bele, cut ties with her old life, and follow the rules of the reapers. Her greatest adventure begins with death.
Published April 25th 2014 by Patchwork Press (first published April 24th 2014)

Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
DEAD GIRL WALKING was such a refreshing original world that I couldn't get enough of! Ruth Silver delivers (As Always ;) in this historical-fantasy blend, with a paranormal twist of grim reapers, angels, and a romance that's sure to leave you yearning for more!

DEAD GIRL WALKING was my first book on grim reapers. And to be honest, I was a little skeptical. Not because I didn't have faith in the authors work, because everything that Ruth has written has been amazing. But because I'm not a big fan
Levian
Jun 04, 2014 Levian rated it it was amazing
Princess Ophelia was to wed Prince Astin when the time comes, but she was in love with Larkin, a commoner. she often sneaked out of the castle to meet him secretly after everyone in the castle went to sleep. one day meeting with Larkin, she was murdered. however, instead of falling dead, she found herself staring at her body with no one being able to see her. she later found out that she was a newly recruited Grim Reaper, joining the team by the name Leila. she had to cut all ties with her old l ...more
Michelle Lewis
Aug 11, 2014 Michelle Lewis rated it it was amazing
Book Talk Reviews

www.facebook.com/VampiresBite2012
www.michelle808205.blogspot.com/

I just LOVED this book,what a fantastic read!

The main character is Ophelia Dacre and she's a Princess in love with the a boy her father will not approve of. Ophelis (aka) 'Leila',is killed in a dark alley,on her way to the latrine,her body discovered by her boyfriend Larkin.

I really liked Leila,she is strong,smart,beautiful and loving,and although she is a princess or rather former princess she is not stuck-up or
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
I liked this story, I thought it was a cute read for a teenager because it took a dark subject matter and kinda lightened it up. I figured this book would be very 'goth' and morbid because it dealt with death,murder and grim reapers but this wasn't the case. The subjects were touched upon but not dragged out or really gruesome. Being a grim reaper was more appealing than I've read about in some teen books. So in that instance, I thought it was nicely written.

I didn't particularly like Leila as
Tasha
Mar 29, 2015 Tasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a review copy of this for review and in no way has this effected my review.

*4.5 star rating*

I really enjoyed this book! The pacing was good, the writing simple and the story straightforward.

The characters all acted their age. The female protagonist, Leila, went through a lot in a very short span of time but pulled through with the help of her reaper friends.

The group of grim reapers had their share of misadventures before Leila arrived but after her arrival the list just went on an
Cary Morton
Oct 09, 2014 Cary Morton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Review Originally posted to Author Unpublished: http://authorunpublished.wordpress.com

I hate giving one-star reviews. I loathe it… but I simply could not get through this book. The cover was gorgeous, the synopsis was interesting, and I was excited when I picked up my ARC copy of Dead Girl Walking by Ruth Silver. Despite my predisposition towards reading YA novels on a regular basis, it did not take me long to realize that I was probably the worst possible reader choice when it came to picking u
Holly
*I received a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
*Review can be found on The Fox's Hideaway.

I love story-lines that involve grim reapers. They fascinate me to no end; these creature that harvest the souls of the dead. So, when I read the synopsis and saw that pretty cover, I definitely wanted it. But I hated this book, and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to reading Dead Girl Walking.

There have only been a few characters that I loathe after all the book
Deniz
Dec 30, 2014 Deniz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Here's to another original and intriguing story! *raises imaginary glass*

Here's my little spiel on this lovely: it was great. It was spunky, it was funky, it was awesome-y.

First of all, I loved the characters. There was a good balance between the characters that readers naturally dislike and the characters that readers naturally like (or love). Not only that, but the characters each had a story and unique personality of their own. It was incredible to see all of these characters come together to
Nay Denise
Sep 23, 2014 Nay Denise rated it really liked it
Received this book in exchange of an honest review form the author.

Dead Girl Walking is a story about a Princess named Ophelia who sneaks out to see her forbidden boyfriend. She is already arranged to be married, but on the night she goes to see her boyfriend she is killed by a mysterious guy and saved by Edon, a grim reaper. He gives her the option to either let her soul move on or get a second chance at life as a grim reapers under a new identity -- she accepts.

When she accepts, she becomes Le
Emma Andje
Dead Girl Walking was a pretty average book. It had a good storyline and okay characters. I found it to be a satisfying book to read in between meaty books; it is a great palette cleanser. It was also a very quick read, it only took me two days to read during the school week.

The main downside to this book, though, was that it had no overarching plot. There wasn't a major conflict that needed to be solved throughout the book, just little problems that were solved, then the next one came up, it wa
Jazmen This Girl Reads A lot
So, here's the thing, the book has a decent concept and a intriguing plot but I had a hard time grasping most of it. It all felt so disjointed. None of the ideas seemed to connect. It all seemed to be happening quickly, one big thing after the next--it didn't give enough time for any of the ideas to develop.

There were a lot of ideas that worked, could have worked, but because of how it was written the reader doesn't get to enjoy, or appreciate any of what happens. It's a shame too because I actu
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Princess Ophelia Dacre is not your ordinary princess, one who thinks she is better than most folks especially the poor people. No Princess Ophelia is a very nice and sweet young lady who cares about everybody. But she doesn't like to follow rules, rules that she doesn't agree with at least. The King Ophelia's father has arranged her marriage to Prince Astin. The only problem Ophelia has with this arrangement is the fact tha
Bri
Nov 28, 2014 Bri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What I liked: I loved the idea that went into this book, especially with the way reaping a soul is done. The summary also is interesting, it makes you wonder what's going to happen. What's the adventure? How did she die? Why is her name changed? Who was the boy?

What I didn't like: Ophelia is supposed to be a princess, and frankly her acceptance on the fact that she no longer has anything she's grown up with (servants, the prettiest gowns, fancy balls, the best food, carriages, etc.) came way too
Jaime Lester
Princess Ophelia has a boyfriend, but he is not her betrothed. He is a commoner and her father, the King, has no idea. If he did, he would have him tried for treason and executed. So Ophelia has been sneaking out of the castle for a year, and only her sister knows. Her boyfriend doesn't even know that he is dating a princess, he only knows her as Leila.

One night, after sneaking out to meet him as usual, things go terribly wrong and she is murdered. Once she leaves her body, she is given the cha
Amber Hodges
I thought that this book sounded interesting but was a little hesitant just because the synopsis was kind of vague as well. I read the synopsis not letting it sink in that this is a time set back towards the Medieval period. I usually don't like books like that, but this book proved me wrong. I was sucked in.

This book talks about Reapers as someone that actually does good, not the typical skeleton in a ratty black cloak and a scythe. I liked the change and very much enjoyed reading it.

I picked t
Necole Ryse
Let me just start with this. I hate HATE giving anything less than 3 stars. But I have to be honest.

I signed up to review this book because I participated in a book blitz and the synopsis pulled me in. I’ve never read a book about grim reapers so I was really intrigued. It has a great cover, a great synopsis, excellent excerpts and reviews. I really wanted to like it. I wanted to fall in love with the characters and the story line like everyone else had in the reviews. But, I didn’t.

Ophelia Darc
Karen
Aug 10, 2014 Karen rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal, ya, dnf
I could not get into this book at all. I didn’t like the characters. I didn’t enjoy the story, like at all. It just didn’t grab my attention and I couldn’t get myself to care about the characters. This book had a great premise and plenty of potential, but fell way flat for me.

I wanted to love this book and get lost in the story. It just didn’t happen. Princess Ophelia sneaks out to meet her lover, who is a commoner. She is attacked and dies. Her soul is “reaped” and she is given a choice, becom
Kim
Oct 26, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dead Girl Walking is the first novel in the new Royal Reapers series by Ruth Silver, author of the fantastic Aberranti series. Aberrant is a dystopian/sci-fi/post-apocalyptic series that is absolutely chilling at times, but Royal Reapers is an entirely different kind of series.

The world of this book is wonderful, set in midst of kingdoms and royal politics with a side of grim reapers and dark angels and romance, too. The reapers that the author created were very different than others I have read
Samantha
Short and Sweet:
While I really loved the premise for this, several parts of it felt rushed. I'm a bit on the fence about continuing with the series, but leaning towards wanting to.
To Elaborate...
Princess Ophelia is enjoying sneaking out to meet her secret boyfriend (who thinks her name is Leila), but everything changes when she is murdered. When she leaves her body, she is given the chance to become a grim reaper, someone who finds and touches someone who is about to die so they won't feel pai
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a review copy for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

A unique and entertaining take on grim reapers, Dead Girl Walking was an absolute joy to read. I couldn't help but adore this story - I love reading about grim reapers, and Silver's concept was fresh and original. The characters were engaging, and I really felt for them all. It can't be easy being a reaper. And the asylum is mysterious and creepy - you'll want to know more about it like I did.

Leila breaks the rules at f
Helena Ison
Sep 14, 2014 Helena Ison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Writing style:
I would describe the writing of this novel as concise. The story processes fairly quickly, but is executed excellently with a smooth flow. Beware of the slight cliffhanger, which will make you eagerly await the next book in this series. The likeable, witty characters make this story a must-read.

My Opinion:
Who said grim reapers had to wear black hooded cloaks and carry a scythe? Take everything you have heard of reapers and throw it out the window because it's totally not like that
Kristen Babb
Sep 23, 2014 Kristen Babb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review, r2r

Wow, wow, WOW! This was the first book of Ruth Silver's that I've had the privilege of reading, and wow! I was blown away. The setting of Dead Girl Walking was so descriptive that I instantly felt enveloped by the world of Princess Ophelia Dacre.

The attention to detail didn't end with the setting. Each of the characters in Dead Girl Walking seemed so unique that I truly felt like I had met a new group of people. As the princess left behind her identity of Ophelia and submerses herself into a
Meagan Gonzalez
First must I say how much I loved this book! It had enough of everything I looked for in a book. It had action, romance, and even death. Well, considering it’s about grim reapers death should be a given in this book. It was really cool how they included the prequel in the book. It was cool to see how the prequel flows into the original story. I enjoyed reading it a lot.

I had never read a book about grim reapers, so it was a new change for me. It took me a while to get into the book, but once I
Jessica Adkins-Charles {Bottles & Books Reviews}
Leila Bele was once known as Princess Ophelia, but that was before she died. Brutally murdered, Ophelia is given a chance to either move on into the light or to become a grim reaper and reaped the souls of those who are lost before they suffer pain during their deaths.

Not known for following the rules, Ophelia, now known as Leila, needs to learn how to become the best reaper she can be while cutting all ties to her past. Along the way there are mishaps, adventures, and Leila finds a new family i
Tanya Vought
Nov 19, 2014 Tanya Vought rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Ruth Silver and I will be definitely reading more from her in the future!
She creates a paranormal, YA style book filled with Reapers and Dark Angels... that definitely lures you in right from the very beginning.

Leila was once known as Princess Ophelia. She was betrothed to a prince, but was in love with a commoner, Larkin... a man her father knew nothing about. But one night she was killed.

After she's killed...she receives a new life...as a Reaper by Edon. He helps h
Cassandra Lawson
Aug 18, 2014 Cassandra Lawson rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Dead Girl Walking by Ruth Silver in exchange for an honest review. This is book one in the Royal Reaper series, and boy what a start! I found it to be one of those rare five star reads. I really loved this book and my only complaint is that I have to wait for the next book in the series to come out.

The story was set in a fantasy world where there were no modern conveniences. This added a different feel to the story. Ophelia experiences quite a bit of tragedy in this book. B
Kimber Wheaton
Sep 28, 2014 Kimber Wheaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Dead Girl Walking is an intriguing YA paranormal romance set in a fantasy world. Overall this is just a really good read: likable characters, flowing prose, and sweeping descriptions keep the reader turning the pages. This is my first book by Ruth Silver, and now I can't wait to read her others.

Princess Ophelia is a great character. Trapped under her father's rules, she sneaks out to be with the boy she loves, only to be murder
Maghon Thomas
This is a sweet and fun paranormal YA read. I loved the thought of how the reapers worked in this one, and I know that it's going to be an adventure for this one. I won't like, this one is heart breaking, and sometimes I just wanted to hug myself and cry. Poor Leila. She started out as a princess who just wanted some normalcy and romance, when a slightly tyrant father, but a wonderful series. And then something horrible happens, and she's given a choice, become a reaper, or be gone for good. She ...more
Alice Taylor
Oct 31, 2014 Alice Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author, Ruth Silver. Dead Girl Walking is the first book of the Royal Reaping series. This story is Princess Ophelia. Ophelia is a normal rebellious princess who wants to find true love. She has been making a habit of sneaking out to meet a boy, but she is destined to be Queen until she is killed while on a trip out to meet her normal local boy. Because she has unresolved issues, worry about her little sister and the identity of who murdered her, Ophelia has the opp ...more
Kirsty Vizard
Dead Girl Walking is written with such power and pace that I feel as though I held my breath throughout the story. It begins when its heroine, Princess Ophelia Dacre dies and she become Leila Bele, grim reaper! Leila is as confused as we are by her new identity; how many authors are brave enough to let their protagonist be killed off in the book's first chapter??! In becoming Leila, the Princess has to accept new rules, friends and a physical appearance.
The Reaper team are a mixed bunch; caring
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 04:51PM
  • Edge of Truth
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Imaginable (Intangible, #2)
  • Entice: An Ignite Novella (Ignite, #1.5)
  • Private Internship (Art of Love #2)
  • The Weight of Guilt
  • Uriel (Paladin, #2)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Chantress Fury (Chantress, #3)
  • Coral and Bone (The Siren Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • A Grimm Legacy (Grimm Tales #1)
  • Gargoyle
  • The Dragon Empire
  • North Pole Reform School
  • The Soul Thief
  • Darkness Watching (Darkworld, #1)
Ruth Silver first began writing poetry as a teenager and reading heaps of fan fiction in her free time. She has written under three unique pseudo names and penned well over a hundred stories.

She attended Northern Illinois University in 2001 and graduated with a Bachelor's in Communication. While in college she spent much of her free time writing with friends she met online and penning her first no
More about Ruth Silver...

Royal Reaper (2 books)
  • Forget Me Knot (Royal Reaper, #2)

“If you pretend to belong, people often think you do.” 0 likes