Start by marking “Deadly Alliance” as Want to Read:
Deadly Alliance

Deadly Alliance

(Espionage #3)

When Peter Eddy and his commando team inadvertently upset the Soviets during their most recent mission, they never imagined the diplomatic nightmares that would ensue. They have one chance to redeem themselves: tasked with destroying a bridge in Nazi-occupied Bosnia, Peter and his war-weary team reluctantly agree to drop behind enemy lines. The assignment should be a simpl ...more
Published April 1st 2014 by Covenant Communications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Alliance

Start your review of Deadly Alliance
Paul
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I was given a signed copy of this book, and I’ve met the author’s family, but that does not influence my review of this book.
Like the previous books in the trilogy (although this can also be read as a standalone), it is a love story at its essence, but it is made more palatable for the (stereotypically) male reader with a war story, and there is plenty of intrigue and suspense as the characters are first separated and then thrust into a series of complex situations that are life
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is the third book in this series. It began with Espionage. Each book has added another layer to understanding the horrors of living in Europe during WWII. I have enjoyed my journey with Peter Eddy and his amazing companions. They bravely go and help others, sacrificing themselves.

The book begins as Peter is forced to go on another mission. He and Genevieve have just been reunited, into to be torn apart as each has a duty to fulfill. This book focuses on the civil war in Yugoslavia. This is
Shauna
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AN AMAZING STORY!

"A little mystery, a little history, a little romance, and a lot of action, adventure, and suspense."

I was fascinated by the many things that went along with the actual war battles...

The captures, the torture, the imprisonments, and the separation of loved ones.

Just when you think this book could have come to a wonderful ending and the good guys have won there is a new TWIST that takes you through yet another capture...another torture...another terrible situation.

Not so many det
Jeff Dawson
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Deadly it is!

First and foremost, this is an intricately weaved love story set during the final months of World War II in one of the forgotten yet turbulent theaters of the war—Yugoslavia.

I applaud the author’s knowledge and research concerning the time era. I found myself falling back on books to verify the historical aspects—they are dead-on. Well done.

I found the insertion of the characters faith refreshing. Most current works try to be politically correct in an effort to not offend. Bunk! M
Charissa
Wow! This historical fiction WWII book was amazing! I’ve read the first book, Espionage, and thought it was pretty good. But this one blew it out of the water…quite literally (I mean, it’s a war book, right?). Peter and Genevieve from Espionage are still in this book…and their tales will make your hair go gray. Seriously tense action, intrigue, death-defying danger (sorry. I couldn’t help the alliteration), and romance. I love the romance, but if you don’t, you can still read this book. It’s a w ...more
Katie W
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this time period. My grandpa served in WWII and it hits home to read about what these characters went through. I've never really known a lot about what was happening at the end of the war in the Yugoslavia area and this book mainly took place in that area. I loved learning more about this part of history, while being entertained with the events happening to some beloved characters.

I don't know if it was my mood or my connection to these characters, but I was really touched and dra
Lela
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It is the third one in the series, but you don't have to read them all to enjoy this book. You can tell the author spent a lot of time researching the war in Yugoslavia. It was nice to get a view of what happened when a leader went rogue, and the effect it had on people's lives, and the future of nations. Yugoslavia is a part of the war I knew very little about, and this book put me behind enemy lines, and allowed me to see how the every day people living in the war zone lived ...more
Rebecca
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book is filled with action and heart-pounding twists. I feel like I learned so much about WWII, especially in this part of Europe (Yugoslavia). A.L. Sowards is so well versed on the war, strategies, weaponry, and different groups of people, I felt as if I was there. The details were amazing. And the characters were real, unique, and well fleshed out. Superbly done!!! This is the third book in a trilogy, but it can be easily read as a stand-alone. A great read!
Cami Checketts
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been enraptured by this entire series but this book is my absolute favorite. It's so intense and I adore each of the characters, especially Peter, Genevieve, and Jamie (can he please fall in love at some point?). I seriously bawled at one scene (won't tell you when, but it was terribly sad). It is World War II and the author shows exactly how horrible it would have been so you might want to be careful if you're squeamish. I absolutely loved this book and would highly recommend it.
Stephanie
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very exciting, fast-paced story. It really brought home how brutal war is, how death can visit anyone, how ruthless the Nazis were, and the murky mess with the communists immediately after the war. Clearly AL Sowards did a phenomenal amount of research to make the story both accurate and gripping.
Mom
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: deseret-book
I wasn't sure I would like this book, but after I got into the story I loved it. It was intense as it followed Peter, Jamie, Moretti, and Krzysztof as they were sent on a mission basically never to survive. They had many close calls with death but things worked out for them in the end. Sorry to have loss Milos. He was a good doctor to them. But his wife Marji was pregnant with their child and it looked like love was in the future for her and Rick, a soldier who had his hand amputated. They were ...more
AlexaFA1
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
story of Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Yugoslavia area during WWII
Kayla De Leon
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
A digital copy of this book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, A.L.

I read Deadly Alliance without having read the previous books in A.L. Sowards’ Espionage series, but this did not diminish my enjoyment of this book. It is easy enough to understand and the author subtly includes background information and backstories throughout the book, meaning that Deadly Alliance could be considered as a standalone.

Deadly Alliance starts off with a powerful man named Kim
Shanda
Deadly Alliance, the third and final installment of the Espionage series, takes place during the final year of WWII. Peter and Genevieve are the main characters, who both have way more war and espionage experience than any young person should. Almost as soon as they are reunited, the war separates them. Their duties take them far from each other, and one circumstance after another makes it almost certain they will never survive, let alone find each other again.

Peter has several of his closest wa
ashley
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
“Deadly Alliance” is the final book in a trilogy, though it works just as well as a stand-alone novel (which is how I read it — I actually had no idea there were two other books). Like “An Ocean atween Us,” it was abundantly clear that Sowards had done her due diligence on the time and place she wrote about — World War II in Italy and Yugoslavia. The novel follows Peter Eddy and his commando team as they drop behind enemy lines, unaware that they’ve been deployed on a suicide mission. Meanwhile, ...more
Andrea
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series by A.L. Sowards. Historical Fiction is one of my favorite genres, and Sowards does a great job pulling the reader in.

I read the last book in the series, Sworn Enemy, over a year ago, so it took a little bit to get caught back up on the story through details mentioned here and there.

The story really keeps a reader interested by the twists and turns of war, and the different situations each of the characters is in. Although romance isn't the main focus of the novel,
Robyn Echols
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action Packed

What was billed to be a short mission planned by a highly placed officer in the intelligence corps was really intended to send Peter and three other men to their deaths. Instead, prior wartime experience and a fortuitous run-in with Cheknik fighters helped them survive in the middle of the civil war in Yugoslavia while evading the Nazis. Meanwhile Gabrielle is pulled back into espionage work and finds herself fighting off an enemy intent on killing her while at the same time resisti
Robyn
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
This book is listed as Historical Fiction but I am not sure how historical it really is. Yet the story was very interesting. I only just found out it was part of a series, so it does stand on its own. Peter and his team face terrible odds and everything that could go wrong on the mission does go wrong. I don't think the 'bad guy' was supposed to be a big secret because it was obvious from the start. Lots of plot twists and turns and several last minute saved from death scenes. I enjoyed it in th ...more
This is the conclusion of a trilogy. Peter and Genevieve met in France & have been very active in the intelligence community. This wraps up the series nicely-finishing the stories of a lot of the people we have come to care about through all 3 of the books. Very similar to Sandra Gray's Traitor series. If you like WW2 stories, this one won't disappoint.
language: clean; heat level: mild; violence: war time violence & death, but nothing unnecessary
Cheri
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, fiction
This is the end of the trilogy. There were so many twists and turns in this book. My Dad served in WWII.
Peter Eddy and the rest of his unit is sent on a mission to destroy a bridge. What they don't know is that it is a suicide mission and none of them are suppose to return. Genevieve starts to loose hope as days turn to weeks and then months and she still hasn't heard from Peter.
Lisa
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
This book grabbed me by the throat pretty quickly and just didn't let up. It was almost too intense. I finally had to just binge read and get it done so my nerves could get some relief! I liked the setting and learning about a mostly overlooked part of WWII.
Diana
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A secret mission during WWII that was supossed to fail, but the four men sent didn't know and they were determined to survive...I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to see what was going to happen.
Janice Matheson
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was OK. I learned a lot about World War II and I liked the characters.
Diane
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I learned how complicated the war was in Eastern Europe--not just one side against the other, but intrigues within countries as well.
Kathryn
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved historical fiction of WWII. This one mostly takes place in Yugoslavia. It's a journey of survival and sacrifice for friends, for those you love and for the greater good. What a story!
Ines
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
My least favorite book in the series. Just could not get into it.
Peggy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series has been interesting in terms of the historical pets of WW2. The characters are likable and realistic. I've enjoyed the 3 books quite a bit.
Nadine
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it, but it was a bit melodramatic for my taste.
Alyse
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book so much!!!!!

• Lady Helen Finds Her Song
  • The Guardian (The Guardian #1)
  • Fresh Courage Take (Come to Zion, #3)
  • Through Cloud and Sunshine (Come to Zion, #2)
  • Winter Sky
  • The Milkman's Son: A Memoir of Family History, a DNA Mystery, and a Story of Paternal Love
  • To Run With The Swift (The Guardian #2)
  • Lean on Me
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Storm and Deceit
  • Royal Brides (Royal, #3)
  • Pride and Politics
  • Jack McCuddles: and The Book of Moans
  • The Freedom Factor
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • The Heir of Brownlie Manor
  • 1858: Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant and the War They Failed to See
  • The Fisherman's Daughter
I love books, so that makes Goodreads my favorite social media site. As a reader, I enjoy a variety of books. As a writer, I create historical novels with a wholesome mix of action, adventure, and romance. My novels include a Whitney Award winner and several Whitney finalists.

I grew up in Washington State, then came to Utah to attend BYU. I’m still in Utah, where I live with my husband, three chil

Espionage (3 books)