Start by marking “Salvation” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  739 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
You get to the point where you can just say it. There was never anything special about me, except my father is rich and important. That's why it happened.

It was just a normal Tuesday afternoon. I was twenty-three and thinking about my new designer boots. They kidnapped me for ransom. They raped me before I was rescued. My therapist says that talking about it means I'm star
Published February 21st 2014 (first published February 20th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Salvation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvation

Irene Sim
The world isn't the one I used to think it was, where the hero rides in to save the day at the very last minute. It's so much harder and deeper and uglier and more beautiful than that. Because the truth is just this - sometimes no one can save us, but salvation might come anyway.

"Salvation" was the truest, most authentic Noelle Adam's book I've read so far. Going into it I didn't know what to expect. Taking into consideration the previous books I've read I was prepared for something shallow, on
Vanessa
5 Saving Stars!!!

I finished this week over a week ago, and I am STILL thinking about it. I really loved it and I don't think I rated it highly enough. Sooo, I am 5 staring this bitch...it deserves it!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

4.5 Saving Stars!!!

This book was pretty awesome! I don't know what I was expecting because I (sadly) was not familiar with this author previously. It's a fairly dark, very gripping story of a girl overcoming serious abuse and the depression that
Melissa
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Raw and emotional are the words that come to mind when I think of this book. Diana's journey is such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I find the best writers to be the ones that can make you feel everything the characters are going through and Noelle Adams made that happen for me with Salvation. This book is now sitting on my favorites shelf.

The story starts right from the first page.....Diana is walking down a city street when she's g
Victoria
I used to like books and movies where the hero rides in to save the day.

Sure, the stories were usually romanticized and over-the-top, but they still felt real to me. The world needs saving, but justice and sacrifice really mean something. The person who lives them out should be able to make a difference in the world.

I stopped believing any of that on Tuesdsay, March 11 at about four o'clock in the afternoon...

Salvation by Noelle Adams was an intense, emotional story that details a young woman’s
Shelley
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC Generously provided by publisher via Netgalley.

4.5 healing stars.

Diana is a normal girl living in the city, working at an ideal job and enjoying her life. There is nothing really all that special about her, nothing that would make her a target, well except that her father has a lot of money and ticked off the wrong people. That is why Diana finds herself being kidnapped and thrown in the trunk of a car and taken to a house filled with an Albanian gang. She is thrown into a room to wait when
Rossy
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Heart-wrenching!
Diana struggles as she tries to heal after a sexual assault, but she's not alone. Gideon, the guy who tried to stop it from happenning, supports her, never leaving her side. Amazing but diccifult story.
JewelsyGoolsy
This was a hard book to review as the story covers such a sensitive and heartbreaking subject. I struggled to finish it and nearly stopped reading by 70% but didn't want to write a review without giving the author and subject the respect they deserve however, no matter how well written or researched I thought this book was, I just couldn't get myself to be onboard with the protagonist Dianna.

I understand that she went through an unthinkable ordeal and at the beginning, I even admired her and lik
Sincere
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This novel introduces us two scarred persons.
Diana,is daughter of the rich and famous father,was kidnapped and raped
and there is Gideon,FBI agent, who tried to help her but failed
and this is their story after that.

Gideon, he's very lovable. he's kind, mature, smart and much more. In the beginning,his act of kindness toward Diana make me very curious about his motive. Is this the expression of guilt or else ? and yes this is sth that Diana is curious toooo. But when the story goes on ,h
Tia
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it
It was one of the more realist rape survivor type fiction. Pretty good read as well. But I do have a thing for Noelle Adams books!
Jackie
This particular story was both easy and hard to read for me.

Easy because it flowed well and hard because of the topics that it undertook with realism, understanding as well as compassion for what Diana lived through.

The reason the book was easier to read as well is very simple it did not use graphic descriptions of either the rape itself or Diana's suicide attempt. Instead the emotions she felt were used to connect the reader with Diana throughout the book.

It was a long journey of ongoing healin
Anna
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Salvation details a young woman's journey of healing after a brutal abduction. 23 year old Diana is living and working what she believes to be a fairly ordinary life. Her father is a wealthy executive at a company, but other than providing for Diana financially, he has been a fairly distant father. One day, she is kidnapped for ransom and brutally raped before her rescue. Her life changes from that point on, and despite having the money to go through the "proper" healing process she finds that e ...more
Cocktails and Books
4.5 Cocktails

SALVATION is an absolutely remarkable book. It's emotionally challenging to read, but the perseverance of these characters was extraordinary.

Diana was a twenty three year old girl without a care in the world when her worst nightmare happened. Taken, because of who her father was, she soon learned that everything that she thought was important no longer was and she needed to fight to survive. Her one salvation that night came in the form of undercover FBI agent Gideon. With a blown
Jessica Brandon
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Noelle Adams

This ARC was given by Noelle Adams via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book and give it 4 stars.

Diana, like all women, dream of the strong man riding in on his white horse to rescue the damsel in distress. However, Diana unfortunately learned that reality is harder, deeper, and uglier. She lived the life of luxury and happiness up until the day she was kidnapped by an Albanian gang seeking ransom from her rich father. After being kidnapped of
Sarina
Intense read.... breathtaking romance.... dark & light feel at the same time.... brilliant story.... a story woven and told in an amazing voice... real and the best hero a story could have... a broken but admirable main character....
PRAISES ARE NOT ENOUGH FOR THIS BOOK.... It needs to be experienced...from start to finish, at a stretch....

Love it. Love the hero and heroine. Love the plot's intensity. Love the execution of the plot. Love the climax points. Love every tiny details about the b
Carrie Stevens
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
~*~My Thoughts~*~
A 5 Star Rating.
I LOVED THIS BOOK! omg what a roller coaster of emotions. Literally one moment I'm ready to cry the next they have me giggling. Gideon and Diana were both amazing characters and so real it was beautiful. There isn't a thing I would change about this book from start to finish I was hooked. All I can say is read this now it's a beautiful story.

Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.
Ioana
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Vee Paige
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
My heart ached for Diana. But I swooned for Gideon. Such a great guy. Understanding, patient and hot!
Pat aka Tygyr
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, kindle, romance
This was a tough read for me. The main character is kidnapped and raped by multiple men. An undercover FBI man shared the same locked room with her. He feels guilty for not being able to protect her. Can his feelings for her break through her nightmares? Will she ever be able to have a normal life?
Alex Coope
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This is really a book about a woman overcoming rape. The focus of the book is on her relationship with the hero, but it didn't follow the typical romance-heroine-who-survived-a-trauma storyline. It was more about her recovery, her feelings, and how she evolves in the relationship. Sad but also so sweet.
Liz Jim
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when she thought life was simple and easy, she found out in the worse way how unfair it can be.
but even in the darker days, she wasnt alone.
i loved the characters and how the H treated her and cared for her over and over
Rachel Kubala
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic !

Wonderful story of authentic characters overcoming extreme hardship. Sensitive treatment of an emotionally charged plot. I was completely engrossed in the story, reading it in one day. I highly recommend this book!
Alexandra Woodward
Awesome book.couldnt put it down.hero was amazing
Cassey
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a light and fluffy read at all - so be sure not to expect what you usually get from this author.
Nirvana
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A moving story and liked how the main character had a good person standing by her. The ending and other parts were OK, but overall a sweet and moving and realistic read.
Kandace Whorton
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.

This was a great book. There is a lot of darkness but it's done beautifully. I love Gideon and Diana. I highly recommend this book.
June
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feeling

I didn't'even know how to feel about this book.It made me think about how women can survive after a rape .
S
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg this story was truly brilliant and breathtakingly remarkable. It was heartbreaking, raw and very emotional. Definitely not an easy read ...made me emotional at times but it’s so worth reading this story. It’s a beautiful story of healing and finding love in the most unconventional circumstances. I have read almost all of Noelle Adams books and have never left a review though I enjoy them but this story made me write a review for this exceptionally talented authors well written story. Hats of ...more
Chain Reading
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scribd
I was unusually hooked in by this book, counting the minutes until I could get back to it. I don't consider myself a fan of angsty romances in general but this one earned its right to the drama by pairing up a shocking, traumatic beginning (in which the hero tried and failed to prevent the heroine from being raped) with a slow meditation on the stages of recovery from trauma and the stages of building trust. This created an almost marriage-of-convenience feel, in which two people are thrust into ...more
Elaine Wilson
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazingly written book about such a sensitive subject. I have known a victim.of this and Noelle Adams was caring and sensitive and seemed to understand the feelings that a victim goes through.
Callixta
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing

On ne dira jamais à quel point Noelle Adams a du talent. Il en faut beaucoup pour écrire cette sombre histoire de jeunes femmes abusées qui va sombrer au fond de la dépression. Nous retrouvons le talent inimitable de cette auteure qui prend à contrepied ce qui fonctionne le mieux actuellement. Le sexe n’est jamais la base de la relation de ses personnages et rien n’arrive simplement, rien en s’arrange au détour d’une phrase.

Le début de ce romane st clairem
  • Violet Addiction
  • Roar
  • Succumbing (Scars and Sorrow Saga, #2)
  • Life's A Cappella (A Cappella, #1)
  • The Second Chance Hero (Forever Love, #4)
  • Lips Like Ice
  • Nineteen (Love by Numbers, #1)
  • Nico (The Leaves, #3)
  • No Regrets
  • Therapy (Therapy #1)
  • The Bridge
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • Tell Me When (Lost in You, #1)
  • The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1)
  • Champagne Kisses
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Killing Honor (Lucky Thirteen, #1)
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea
More about Noelle Adams
“You're my hope for the future and my call to be a better man and I do hope one day you'll be my wife.” 3 likes
“You're the light that shines on the dark places of my soul” 2 likes