Start by marking “Lila's Choice” as Want to Read:
Lila's Choice

Lila's Choice

Never let your friends get involved in your personal life.

Lila and Nate learn this the hard way. They are the star-crossed lovers of Glendale High. For three years the students have waited for the two to get together. They begged Nate to put his past relationship behind him, and cringed when Lila started dating Bryce. Just your typical teenage romance, except they’re the t
Published February 10th 2014 by Purple Gecko Books

To ask other readers questions about Lila's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lila's Choice

Kathryn
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
A book that explores the ins and outs of friends and their relationships with each other, their schemes to ensure the happiness of a couple of them in particular. An interesting insight into those who are hard of hearing and use American sign language. I hope there are more books from Laura exploring this aspect more.
Josie Leigh
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of beta reading this book for Laura. I love Lila and her lovable group of friends. I love how Lila's friends and students all rally around her until she sees the truth that has been staring her in the face.

This book is a fun ride with a hilarious cast of loving characters. It will suck you in from the beginning.
Ellen Faith
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lila’s Choice is Laura's debut novel and I enjoyed every second of it! There are some great characters in it, all of them down to earth and completely relatable.

The book really centres around Lila, a school guidance counsellor who lives with her colleague and friend Ette.

Early on in the book we learn that Lila has one of her oldest friends, Bryce, coming to town for a spell and that she has suddenly realised she has feelings for him. Feelings that are more than the ‘just friends’ feelings that s
Susan Barton
Lila’s Choice is about that time in your life when you are approaching 30 and suddenly your whole world becomes complicated. Who do you turn to? Your besties of course! True friends will stop at nothing to help one another through their struggles in life. This story is of true friendship, love, and discovering oneself.

Lila (one of the main characters in this story) is a high school guidance counselor, who is loved by her nosy students. Nate, a history teacher at the same school, has secretly fal
Victoria Brinius
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of high school. We all had that cute teacher that we thought would be a great match for one of our other teachers. These students had a plan though and are trying to get their teachers together. One is afraid to live in the present and the other is clueless to her feelings. I really enjoyed the fact that the history teacher was stuck in the past and the guidance counselor lacked guidance. Their romance was slow, and I would have liked it to blossom faster. However it takes ...more
Michelle Lam
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. It's a light and clean and fun read, and there are some very sweet and tender moments described. Basically the cover tells you what the book will be about - a woman must choose between two men she loves. But don't let the simplicity fool you - halfway through I changed my mind about who she should be with, and the decision is made more complicated by interfering (though well-intentioned) friends.

I'd recommend this book if you are looking for a sweet romance without
Jennifer Collin
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lila's Choice is a deeply emotional read that takes you on a journey through the uncertainty and heartache of setting the one you love free. I loved the lead characters in this book - Lila, who can't recognise her own feelings; Nate, who can't act on his & Bryce, who's just all round gorgeous. Then there is the sassy Ette & Kent, plus half a dozen high school kids who are the perfect supporting cast for the emotionally confused leads. Laura Brown peppers her writing with brilliant and wi ...more
Kristin
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic story of a love triangle.

The story is told in multiple POVs (MC: Lila and 4 of her friends). It's about high school guidance counselor, Lila, who has an answer for every problem, every problem but her own. Her childhood friend Bryce comes into town and ultimately proposes to Lila. But Lila's co-worker, Nate, is also in love with her. The problem is he's married to another woman. With some meddling from her friends and students, Lila will have to choose between two men.

Wonderful cast of
Stephanie Collier
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sweet story filled with appeal where the power of friendship and love prevail. Each character has their own flawed personality, which makes them more lovable and you find yourself rooting for each one individually though the book is centered around Lila and her choice. A choice between a love she didn't know existed and one that developed from a childhood friendship. Quaint and adorable, if you want a light and sweet read, this is definitely the book for you!
InD'tale Magazine
A funny and ultimately a romantic story!

Read full review in the 2014 June/July Double Issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Corinn Chadwell
Mar 13, 2016
Brandon
Mar 10, 2014
Laura Brown
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Katie
Feb 27, 2014
Madelyne
rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2017
Rachella Baker
Feb 18, 2014
Darlene Cruz
Feb 18, 2014
Laura Brown lives in Massachusetts with her quirky abnormal family. Her husband’s put up with her since high school, her young son keeps her on her toes, and her three cats think they deserve more scratches. Hearing loss is a big part of who she is, from her own Hard of Hearing ears, to the characters she creates.